Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chromepaxos

Yes, well done for quoting the obvious, give y'self a big pat on the back and a high five . . .

However, for your education, please do note that I didn't say he wasn't a world cup winner . . and that is key to you understanding that your comments were as wide of the mark as a Pogba showboat pass (up in the 3rd tier and nowhere bear intended.

Now, over to you to correct me on something else I didn't write about - then you can go pat your own back again and give yoursef another high five you little genius you!
Wait. What?!? Your argument is that you didn't say he wasn't a world cup winner, you just said he wasn't a world-beater? Because winning the world cup doesn't involve beating the world?!? And that's actually your defense? :rolleyes:

You know, I can see that you've got your panties all bunched up (over my seven word response!), but maybe you should ask someone to help you with the meaning of words?

Ban

Wait. What?!? Your argument is that you didn't say he wasn't a world cup winner, you just said he wasn't a world-beater? Because winning the world cup doesn't involve beating the world?!? And that's actually your defense? :rolleyes:

You know, I can see that you've got your panties all bunched up (over my seven word response!), but maybe you should ask someone to help you with the meaning of words?
So every world cup winner is a world beater?

Himannv

I'm pretty sure he wants to go. The stumbling block is that I don't think we'll sell unless we get a massive offer (which Real won't table). They'll probably table a passable offer and try and get him to force a move, before messing the whole thing up due to their faulty fax machine.

In general I'd like to think it won't happen this Summer but maybe it'll be on in the following season.

poleglass red

I'm not sure there is a huge market for him. Real maybe but they seem to be in the process of securing Hazard. For a club even as big as Real to snap these 2 in the same window would be some achievement. I certainly don't see 2 or 3 clubs getting into a bidding war for him. I don't see him leaving for some huge inflated fee unfortunately. I think we'd get essentially what we paid or a little bit more. Real are low balling Hazard right now, no doubt they do the same to us. We will also have our annual De Gea to Real saga I'm sure as well.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I'm not sure Zizou will be thrilled with Pogba if the latter makes the switch to Real.

Pogba imo, is a lot like Isco. Fantastic dribbler, scores & creates a lot but hangs onto the ball too long & loses it far too often. Both are inconsistent & a little diva-ish.

Am I wrong?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yes, "winning" a competition means you have beaten your competitors. That's what the words mean.
That’s a quite literal understanding. It’s a team game and Pogba in any other national side would likely cut a frustrating figure. He’s yet to prove he can consistently boss games. Even against relatively weak opposition.

pawanraj

Pogba pros:
  • By far our most creative player, and the only one who can make things happen. This is especially important in transition on the counter - which is how we play for the most part under Ole. We need someone to pick a pass for our forwards to run on to. Pogba can do that.
  • Marketability - like it or not, this is important in football business today. There is literally nobody who is marketable at the level Pogba is - maybe De Gea, but goalkeepers do not produce that kind of buzz.
Pogba cons:
  • Off the ball - he saunters around, and doesn't do enough defensive work. This means that when he doesn't get ball at his feet, he is a passenger. A large part of the reason Matic is ineffective (IMO) is because he is covering for Pogba being out of position. This also means in games where we are outmatched in quality, we won't create too many chances and be generally toothless.
  • Attitude - if what Jose is talking about (Rolls Royce story) is true - then that is not a good look for the team. Not only are you highly paid, you want the team built around you AND you want to do things that hurt the team spirit.
My opinion -
  • If Ole is even a little like Fergusson, he will not stand for that kind of attitude.
  • Ideally, we would want someone who is either prolific enough to warrant that kind of special treatment, or someone who will inspire the team and uplift them by his presence (a la Cantona or Cristiano). At this moment, Pogba is neither of those things.
  • However, given that we need a whole right side, at least one central midfielder, and a good central defender to be competitive at the highest level, we have other pressing matters than finding someone to replace Pogba. We need him more than he needs us.
My prediction is that he will be here for 2019-2020, but come 2020 he will be sold if we strengthen properly in other areas. Alternatively, if we can get someone like Verratti for Pogba - I would be happy to get rid of him.

Tl;dr - Predicting that he will be gone after 19-20 season. If we can find someone world-class to replace him, I'm happy to see him go today.

chromepaxos

Yes, "winning" a competition means you have beaten your competitors. That's what the words mean.

That’s a quite literal understanding. It’s a team game and Pogba in any other national side would likely cut a frustrating figure. He’s yet to prove he can consistently boss games. Even against relatively weak opposition.
Words have meanings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Every creative player is sometimes frustrating. If they weren't, management would be easy. Messi at the WC spent his time disconsolately wandering around a five yard circle. Does that mean he's crap? Of course not.

You can't have it both ways, say it's a team game and then ignore the effect of the crappy team-members with which Pogba has been playing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Words have meanings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Every creative player is sometimes frustrating. If they weren't, management would be easy. Messi at the WC spent his time disconsolately wandering around a five yard circle. Does that mean he's crap? Of course not.

You can't have it both ways, say it's a team game and then ignore the effect of the crappy team-members with which Pogba has been playing.
Like I said, you take a literal meaning. It's a difference of definitions. He won the World Cup with France so he's a World Cup winner. But for me, he's not a world beater in the sense that he is an unstoppable player who gets his team over the line. He could quite easily be that if he had the right mentality, but he doesn't.

chromepaxos

Like I said, you take a literal meaning. It's a difference of definitions. He won the World Cup with France so he's a World Cup winner. But for me, he's not a world beater in the sense that he is an unstoppable player who gets his team over the line. He could quite easily be that if he had the right mentality, but he doesn't.
There are lots of other words that mean what you want to say. You could pick some of those!

AndyJ1985

His mentality is questionable but I'd say if he was in a better team he'd be a much better player. I firmly believe we could add Messi to our team and he'd look mediocre half the time. We aren't setup to get the best out of players like them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There are lots of other words that mean what you want to say. You could pick some of those!
You do you and I’ll do me, ok.

His mentality is questionable but I'd say if he was in a better team he'd be a much better player. I firmly believe we could add Messi to our team and he'd look mediocre half the time. We aren't setup to get the best out of players like them.
I agree our setup is constrained but I saw two players play their hearts out on Wednesday: McTominay and Fred. It’s not impossible to give your all. Used to be standard here.

purgethefallen

You do you and I’ll do me, ok.

I agree our setup is constrained but I saw two players play their hearts out on Wednesday: McTominay and Fred. It’s not impossible to give your all. Used to be standard here.
Unfortunately the only ones who seem to give a feck are the less heralded players, Fred and McTom as you said, but also Shaw. All work their bollocks off each and every game unlike certain individuals.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If he stays we are going to have this shit constantly, every single window. Bored of it already, bye bye.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Is body language analysis scientific?

Tarrou

I hope its not true but if he wants to leave then we should sell this summer.

But for the love of god can we please but the replacement in first. So tired of us making basic mistakes in the market.

Web of Bissaka

:lol: Okay, that BL analysis is way amazign.

I think Pogba will stay for 1 or 2 season(s) more. And I'm sure Ole can convince him to stay at least for one more season. If Paul is staying for a lot longer than that, then that's surprising but welcoming. :devil: But I won't pull my hope that high, already prepared mentally for just one more season.

It's unfinished business (as Pogba says it when he rejoin us), and I'm sure Pogba can see that possibility of finally having Ole who understand United at the wheel may help settle that. One more season for Paul to see, if still bad, then jump ship. Oh and we have the advantage of contract length -- he won't leave free summer 2020.

laughtersassassin

Coops73

Maybe yo

Was very good versus Barca. Was surprising people didn't think so. Think everyone is blind now. If we lose or draw it is always his fault for most it seems.
I’m sorry but in my opinion he just wasn’t that good, he was absolutely eclipsed by McTominay and Fred, yeah, maybe we as fans expect too much from him, maybe it’s the price tag, maybe it’s what he achieved in the World Cup but what we would all like to see as a minimum is effort and there have been far too many times when that has fallen well short.

The Nani

But I thought he lacks effort and wasn't running for the shirt..
Got way too much stick after the Barca match. Ironic because I thought it was one of the grittiest performances I've seen from him. Not his best going forward but our forwards and Young were terrible. He did so much great work in midfield though. Nice to see stats support it.

Hopefully he builds on that performance tomorrow.

Jibbs

The problem is that the guy think of himself as highly as Cristiano Ronaldo, and united management is putting up with him for their financial reasons, goes to show how far has our standards reduced. Pogba is a great player on his day but far too inconsistent and full of off field drama to be relied upon. United will be better off without him. We need guys like Carrick, David Silva, Lampard the extremely talented yet the down to earth hard working professionals, whose talent and fame haven't gone to their heads.

GM K

Months ago, people were deeply convinced the Pogba Show was all about Jose Mourinho. Get Jose out and everything would be fine. It is clear as day now that Jose was just another actor in Pogba's show.

This lad is so talented that one can only wonder what he would become if he can be consistent and focused.

Jib

Months ago, people were deeply convinced the Pogba Show was all about Jose Mourinho. Get Jose out and everything would be fine. It is clear as day now that Jose was just another actor in Pogba's show.
Pogba's show huh
Manchester United, Juventus, Real and others clubs want Pogba.

But no one want Mourinho and the circus around him. It is clear as the day that Mourinho was the problem. Everybody is avoiding him like a virus. The guy is finished, even Olympique Lyonnais don't want him...Olympique Lyonnais ! :lol:

Water Melon

Lads and lassies, do we realize that Pogba's last match performance was actually quite decent?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, thought he did fairly well too.

As per usual, some people go overboard with their criticism. But the reason for this is only partly that they're agenda driven (or just idiots). There is another reason too, viz. the fact that his performance against Barca wasn't an average one for Pogba on days when he isn't brilliant. If he had normally played just like he did the other night, if that had been his default level - if you will - he wouldn't have so many fans on his case to begin with.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

I’m sorry but in my opinion he just wasn’t that good, he was absolutely eclipsed by McTominay and Fred, yeah, maybe we as fans expect too much from him, maybe it’s the price tag, maybe it’s what he achieved in the World Cup but what we would all like to see as a minimum is effort and there have been far too many times when that has fallen well short.

Ole disagreed funnily enough. I'm with Ole without Pogba our attacks just wouldn't if happened. His out ball was very good.

Also he ran more than he has ever run that game so......

cyberman

And there it is. He has the biggest club in the world under his thumb, there isn't a chance in hell he's leaving