Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If Ole can Get Pogba back to the form he showed during the honeymoon period before the end of the season(even if it is just for two games), then we shouldn’t cut our lost and make him the club highest paid player.

However, if his performance continues to be uninspiring, we should quickly drive him to Madrid before they change their mind. We can use his departure to fund Felix and Sancho and change to a formation more similar to the United way with

rcdm - lcdm
Sancho - Felix - Martial
Rashford

Or get Bruno Fernandes and stick with our current three man midfield.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No, I definately meant unfortunately.

In the three seasons he's been here, we've not really built a team of quality around him.

Everything doesnt revolve around Pogba, but he's coming from a team in Juventus who were winning titles and challenging for the CL. He came to United to do the same and that hasnt happened, mainly due to the reasons I mentioned.

If we were winning major trophies, he wouldnt have a reason to leave.

Yes, I get his inconsistent - our whole team is. Stats dont lie, though and currently, despite Mourinho managing for half the season, Pogba still has fantastic stats. Be very hard to find someone to replicate that.
simply don't agree on any of that!

Scholsey2004

I think he wants the Real Madrid move. He seems to have lost motivation again after the run of good form he had when we changed managers. His heads elsewhere now I reckon. I'd just sell and bring in a couple of hungry new midfielders.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Personally, I prefer him to stay because he’s a quality player and I think next season we should play him in the no 10 role in 4231 or any formation to put him further forward. He has the vision & passing ability to deliver great final ball and he’s not a dictator because he lacks discipline & tends to take too many touches. A dictator should someone who can dictate the tempo not someone taking too many touches, it takes ages to release the ball & lose the ball.

Playing him deeper or even closer to our box with the players that we got right now isn’t a good idea. It works in France because there are top defenders, midfielders & attackers in that squad. If he wants to leave, the door is open and we must sell with crazy fees because he’s one of our best player at the moment.

Tempting with Eriksen for a replacement if he leaves. But I seriously hope he doesn’t leave. I would rather see both Martial & Lukaku leaves than Pogba, to me they are more of problem than Pogba.

Sterling Archer

Problem here is that Pogba is a key player for us.
Maybe he is the best of the current bunch in ability but Pogba is absolutely not key or essential for us in any sort of way looking into the future.

Over the last few seasons I've seen United beat top six opponents without him in the squad - Liverpool and Chelsea off the top of my head. I'd say the memorable comeback at City was more orchestrated by Sanchez even though Paul scored twice. Then the small matter of one our greatest European nights in Paris, where his absence was no big hindrance.

That's not to say Pogba is anything other than world class. It's to emphasize that we have and can continue to win important matches against top opposition without him in the team even with this subpar squad. So that begs the question about the rest of the league - the mid table and relegation scrappers...beating them on a regular basis doesn't require Pogba. There are plenty of players out there to fit that bill across the globe.

So looking forward we can make do without Paul for big games and the standard league ones too. It doesn't even require signing another marquee player. If anything we'd be better off with a couple of lads that can give us consistently good performances instead of a few here and there .

kode

I know its not Football Manager but we could really look to sell this guy and if we get 130M to 150M we can use it to get two consistent players in midfield (For example a combo of Eriksen/couthinho/Kroos with Rice / Ndombele ) then we will be able to strenghten with our current budget the RW/CF/CB/RB positions. Real wanting him is a blessing.

UpWithRivers

Biggest mistake struggling teams make is holding on to players that are good maybe the best in the team but somehow are holding them back. Playing wise or ego wise. Coutinho is a good example. Thier best player but switched off a lot and everything went through him. Take him out the game and that was Liverpool done more often than not. Pogba has been our best player. But when he doesn't play we have nothing from midfield. He seems to switch it on and off when he feels like. I don't mind a big ego see Cantona but that should not affect the team just ever one else. And last ly we have spent every season buying players to accommodate him. He can't play as a 2? Why not I don't know and he really isn't a number 10.
Now if Im wrong and he's in the dressing room weeping that he loves Utd and he will fight night and day till we get it right then I will write him an apology and eat my shoes. But I doubt it.
Sir Alex would have got rid ages ago

Jonno

I know its not Football Manager but we could really look to sell this guy and if we get 130M to 150M we can use it to get two consistent players in midfield (For example a combo of Eriksen/couthinho/Kroos with Rice / Ndombele ) then we will be able to strenghten with our current budget the RW/CF/CB/RB positions. Real wanting him is a blessing.
Absolutely this.

N’Kante + Eriksen for the cost of Pogba would be a bargain

dutchred

Biggest mistake struggling teams make is holding on to players that are good maybe the best in the team but somehow are holding them back. Playing wise or ego wise. Coutinho is a good example. Thier best player but switched off a lot and everything went through him. Take him out the game and that was Liverpool done more often than not. Pogba has been our best player. But when he doesn't play we have nothing from midfield. He seems to switch it on and off when he feels like. I don't mind a big ego see Cantona but that should not affect the team just ever one else. And last ly we have spent every season buying players to accommodate him. He can't play as a 2? Why not I don't know and he really isn't a number 10.
Now if Im wrong and he's in the dressing room weeping that he loves Utd and he will fight night and day till we get it right then I will write him an apology and eat my shoes. But I doubt it.
Sir Alex was not wrong when he let him go.

the hea

Spot on.
As soon as we get rid and start building a proper midfield instead of trying to accommodate a player who doesn't seem arsed half the time the better.

Velvet Revolver

I do feel that Pogba is let down consistently by the dross around him. We have a DM who cannot defend or stop attacks, we have attackers who are appalling. We dont have wingers! we have duds for full backs, and somehow the solution is to sell pogba.

This whole narrative of 'we bought players to accommodate Pogba' is tiring. who did we bring in that you would consider as a good signing? Lets look at our midfield since Pogba arrived
2016/17 - Pogba, Herrera, Tiger, Morgan, Carrick, Fellaini
2017/18 - Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Carrick, Fellaini
2018/19 - Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Fred, McT.

We have Pogba a world class midfielder and then we have mediocrity [ McT has shown promise so i will keep him out of that group for now]. in spite of this Pogba has had a great season statistically. Jose's narrative about Pogba is what has poisoned everyone's mind and the cause of bias.

Where do you see the ego in Pogba? to me he seems like a very down to earth guy. Oh wait he dances a lot and has flashy hairstyles must be an ego maniac.

laughtersassassin

On paper maybe we could replace him but let's be realistic.

With Herrera gone we need 2 CMs. We also can't go into the new seasons without a RB CB and RW. That's 5 players.

Sell Paul and we now need 3 CMs. Like it our not he created probably 70% of our chances. This is not a Coutinho liverpool situation where they had a good base that selling him didn't matter too much.

We won't buy 6 or 7 players so selling Pogba just means we will end up worse off. Guaranteed.

Players that should be replaced before him include most of the squad. To name a few Smalling Jones Matic Young Lingard etc etc etc.

Crashoutcassius

Pogba is a good player obviously but if he is holding us back by being a disrupter (up to manager to decide since fans see the player 1.5 hours per week) or if he is holding us back by being too one dimensional (cant play in a midfield 2 in the premiership) then we should let him go for the right price. Coutinho left liverpool and they went from strength to strength with less talented players that suited their style of play better

POF

GFFN say this journalist is close to the French national team
Although I'm sure he'll want to, I really don't think he'll go. He's the face of the club and the poster boy for a team built around players from the academy. He also has a decent amount of time on his contract.

It's absolutely vital to get a midfield playmaker who can be the real key man in midfield. Pogba is too inconsistent to build a team around.

johanovic

Would for example a midfield of Ndombele, Veratti and Rabiot be a huge upgrade on our current midfield even though Pogba would leave? Despite allt the talent Pogba has it´s difficult when you think as a player that you can get away with not making an effort now and again. The PL is the most difficult league because every game is difficult and slacking off is not an option.

UpWithRivers

I do feel that Pogba is let down consistently by the dross around him. We have a DM who cannot defend or stop attacks, we have attackers who are appalling. We dont have wingers! we have duds for full backs, and somehow the solution is to sell pogba.

This whole narrative of 'we bought players to accommodate Pogba' is tiring. who did we bring in that you would consider as a good signing? Lets look at our midfield since Pogba arrived
2016/17 - Pogba, Herrera, Tiger, Morgan, Carrick, Fellaini
2017/18 - Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Carrick, Fellaini
2018/19 - Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Fred, McT.

We have Pogba a world class midfielder and then we have mediocrity [ McT has shown promise so i will keep him out of that group for now]. in spite of this Pogba has had a great season statistically. Jose's narrative about Pogba is what has poisoned everyone's mind and the cause of bias.

Where do you see the ego in Pogba? to me he seems like a very down to earth guy. Oh wait he dances a lot and has flashy hairstyles must be an ego maniac.
I'm not saying it's all his fault. Yes he has sht around him and yes we have failed to make decent signings. But the fact is we have spent the last 3 years 'building around Pogba'. Even Ole said it. A player we need to build around. What nonsense is that? Did Sir Alex 'build' around a player? Who?
And lastly big ego is not just him dancing around. I couldn't care less about that. It's because he doesn't f'in run when the mood suits him. Yes some games he is world class but fight week in week out is just not there. And it's been said by a number of managers and current/ex players that he is the rot and he seemed to down tools under Mourinho. I don't know for definite if thats true. I'm not staff. But from the outside The evidence seems compelling.

Suv666

Lets be honest though he is easily our best player. 13 goals and 9 assists playing from the midfield is no joke and I cant see us buying any midfielder who would provide those numbers with the dross up top. We would be worse off without him. But if he's adamant he wants a move we should let go. No point in keeping a player who dosent want to be here.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If we can get a good fee for him (200m), I’d sell and use it to get 3 new midfielders:

Eriksen - 80m
Bruno Fernandes - 50m
Rice - 50m

———————-Rice———————-
———Fernandes——Eriksen———

Might be a more balanced midfield with higher work rate. Plus the two attacking midfielders offer goals and creativity as well.

Eli Zee

Lets be honest though he is easily our best player. 13 goals and 9 assists playing from the midfield is no joke and I cant see us buying any midfielder who would provide those numbers with the dross up top. We would be worse off without him. But if he's adamant he wants a move we should let go. No point in keeping a player who dosent want to be here.
To be fair, like 8 goals are from penalties.

$150million extra to spend seems decent. Could easily get 2 good players for the position. It sucks though that every transfer for every player we want has a premium added that has to be paid cause we are Manchester United.

I love pogba. But he is a luxury at this point(does this make sense in footballing terms - luxury vs necessity ?). We should focus on necessities before luxuries.

Infestissumam

8 or 9 of them were penalties though (depending on whether you count the one against Everton where Pickford saved the initial penalty). Not to dismiss his qualities from the spot, but it has inflated his goal tally massively and then it sounds way more impressive than it really is.

crossy1686

career ending
Problem here is that Pogba is a key player for us.

Is not that for France who have many other players sharing the responsibility & likewise back when he was playing for Juventus.

The key player at United - ie one of the few players with technical ability has gotten to his head and made him bigger than he is not only to himself but the fans too.

If we want to keep him we need better players around him and then stick him back as a CM in a midfield 2 - telling him that he has absolutely no excuses not to do the dirty work of a midfielder as he does for France next to kante.

If he is too big for his boots and wants to play this free role then let the lad go and get some hard working players in midfield to replace him whilst attempting to rebuild the squad to have some technical abilities spread out.
That's not a problem.

I'd like to remind you that we've lost Duncan Edwards, George Best, Dennis Law, Paul Ince, Roy Keane, David Beckham, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo and been absolutely fine.

Losing Paul Pogba will not make the slightest difference in a season or so.

izec

If we can get a good fee for him (200m), I’d sell and use it to get 3 new midfielders:

Eriksen - 80m
Bruno Fernandes - 50m
Rice - 50m

———————-Rice———————-
———Fernandes——Eriksen———

Might be a more balanced midfield with higher work rate. Plus the two attacking midfielders offer goals and creativity as well.
Eriksen is unrealistic though. Levy wouldnt sell to us, and i doubt Eriksen would push that hard. I see him at Spurs or in La Liga, cant see him anywhere else, but that is my opinion

Suv666

To be fair, like 8 goals are from penalties.

$150million extra to spend seems decent. Could easily get 2 good players for the position. It sucks though that every transfer for every player we want has a premium added that has to be paid cause we are Manchester United.

I love pogba. But he is a luxury at this point(does this make sense in footballing terms - luxury vs necessity ?). We should focus on necessities before luxuries.
Depressing we've turned into a club who need to sell their best players to fund other positions. Love the statement that sends out. Aren't we supposed to be one of the biggest teams in world football? Our revenue certainly backs that.

Freak

Eriksen is unrealistic though. Levy wouldnt sell to us, and i doubt Eriksen would push that hard. I see him at Spurs or in La Liga, cant see him anywhere else, but that is my opinion
His contract is running out and if we show Levy the money he’ll sell. But we need to get him before selling Pogba. As soon as Levy knows we have money from the Pogba sell the price goes up.

Suv666

8 or 9 of them were penalties though (depending on whether you count the one against Everton where Pickford saved the initial penalty). Not to dismiss his qualities from the spot, but it has inflated his goal tally massively and then it sounds way more impressive than it really is.
Even factoring in the penalties those are solid numbers compared to the rest of the squad and given the number of goals we score.
I can totally understand why Pogba wants to leave though, few bad performances and the whole fanbase is on his back despite the fact they were worse players on the pitch. Hounded by the media, even the pro united pundits like Neville scapegoating him. A club with zero ambition and a scattergun approach in the transfer market. The truth is any player who has options like Real or PSG would feck off.

Bob H from Manchester

Eriksen - 80m
Bruno Fernandes - 50m
Rice - 50m

———————-Rice———————-
———Fernandes——Eriksen———

And how do you expect we'll get a £200million fee for him . . .
We're talking about Pogba the repeat failure here, Pogba who's idea of attacking the Barca goal is hoofing the ball into the 3rd tier from the halfway line, Pogba who can't be arsed, Pogba who dissapears entirely for whole games, Pogba who briefs the media against his own club, Pogba who's had great potential forever but who will be old and retired before he ever gets serious about achieving it.
No other side would've forked out what we paid for him and we only paid such stupid money for him (well over £100million inc. those massive agents fees) because Woodward wanted a celebrity signing to come to Disney and we couldn't get better players through our door due to us not having champions league football and top players only wanting to play at the top level (not our level).
A hardworking genius midfielder like Kevin DeBruyne wouldn't fetch £200 million and you think a midfielder like Pogba will?

This forum's getting as deluded as rawk . . not there yet but the stress is taking it in that direction.

Freak

And how do you expect we'll get a £200million fee for him . . .
We're talking about Pogba the repeat failure here, Pogba who's idea of attacking the Barca goal is hoofing the ball into the 3rd tier from the halfway line, Pogba who can't be arsed, Pogba who dissapears entirely for whole games, Pogba who briefs the media against his own club, Pogba who's had great potential forever but who will be old and retired before he ever gets serious about achieving it.
No other side would've forked out what we paid for him and we only paid such stupid money for him (well over £100million inc. those massive agents fees) because Woodward wanted a celebrity signing to come to Disney and we couldn't get better players through our door due to us not having champions league football and top players only wanting to play at the top level (not our level).
A hardworking genius midfielder like Kevin DeBruyne wouldn't fetch £200 million and you think a midfielder like Pogba will?

This forum's getting as deluded as rawk . . not there yet but the stress is taking it in that direction.
It’s madrid. They’ll pay. How much did Barca pay for Coutinho again?

crossy1686

career ending
His contract is running out and if we show Levy the money he’ll sell. But we need to get him before selling Pogba. As soon as Levy knows we have money from the Pogba sell the price goes up.
Levy will rinse us regardless. He'll want us to match what we paid for Pogba unless there's a release clause in the contract.

GamerKurisu

That's unfair, he's not lazy, he just doesn't want to be here.
How is that unfair? He is a lazy player in general in my opinion. However of course your opinion that he works hard when he is where he wants to be is also a valid one :)

Eli Zee

Depressing we've turned into a club who need to sell their best players to fund other positions. Love the statement that sends out. Aren't we supposed to be one of the biggest teams in world football? Our revenue certainly backs that.
I agree.

Manchester United just isn’t as appealing as Barcelona or Real Madrid at the moment. Even if we were just as good as they are right now, players still would mostly like the scenery and weather in Spain better than England. And players who wanna be in England are going to choose city or Liverpool over us at the moment too.

crossy1686

career ending
The only reason we need to sell Pogba is because he's a toxic influence, if he wasn't we wouldn't sell him to fund buying more players.

Smores

We've known he'll be gone for a while and he's known for well over a season imo. He'll talk shit about us when he's gone and all those defending him will feel like mugs.