Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IhabX7

It's funny how TV personalities are responsible for most opinions.

JawZ

Depressing we've turned into a club who need to sell their best players to fund other positions. Love the statement that sends out. Aren't we supposed to be one of the biggest teams in world football? Our revenue certainly backs that.
Can we stop using this as to our benefit? As much as we may think we are still a good team, we haven't shown it on the pitch for the better part of this decade. We've overblown this notion, thinking we are still one of the greatest, when in fact we are trailing so far behind others. Half a billion in the past 3-4 years? Boy, has most of it gone down the drain. We can't be flushing out club's money to whoever's willing to come on big wages; that's how we got here. It's time to build a team - the mix of experience/value and fresh young players. This club is walking on very thin ice next season if we don't do it right come summer time. Otherwise, we will continue to be a team full of players on Alexis Sanchez's wage, with continued support of the likes of Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

crossy1686

career ending
No but what has the game got to do with Pogba being toxic?
It's well documented that Pogba was undermining Mourinho during training sessions. Then you've got the whole "Caption this!" bollocks when he was sacked and Pogba reportedly celebrating it during training. I don't believe for one second he's happy with Sanchez being paid more than him and I don't believe for one second he's been professional about it.

He's not worth the hassle. Negativity is a cancer that spreads fast.

Suv666

Can we stop using this as to our benefit? As much as we may think we are still a good team, we haven't shown it on the pitch for the better part of this decade. We've overblown this notion, thinking we are still one of the greatest, when in fact we are trailing so far behind others. Half a billion in the past 3-4 years? Boy, has most of it gone down the drain. We can't be flushing out club's money to whoever's willing to come on big wages; that's how we got here. It's time to build a team - the mix of experience/value and fresh young players. This club is walking on very thin ice next season if we don't do it right come summer time. Otherwise, we will continue to be a team full of players on Alexis Sanchez's wage, with continued support of the likes of Ashley Young and Phil Jones.
Financially we are a giant and that is a fact. We dont need to sell our best players to fund transfers. We need to clear out the deadwood that bit is true, but not the one's who are actually talented.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Depressing we've turned into a club who need to sell their best players to fund other positions. Love the statement that sends out. Aren't we supposed to be one of the biggest teams in world football? Our revenue certainly backs that.
We don't have to sell to fund other players.

Water Melon

Are people talking out of the ar..es or is there any evidence that Pogba is toxic?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's well documented that Pogba was undermining Mourinho during training sessions. Then you've got the whole "Caption this!" bollocks when he was sacked and Pogba reportedly celebrating it during training. I don't believe for one second he's happy with Sanchez being paid more than him and I don't believe for one second he's been professional about it.

So you are just making stuff up now?

Suv666

Was it just Pogba? Pretty much the whole squad was at loggerheads with Mou, even the fanbase wanted him out. Cant really blame him, wherever Mou goes this happens we need to look at the common denominator. Chelsea didnt dump Hazard because he was anti-Mou nor did Real.
That social media post has been debunked a long time back. Do you really think professional football players handle their own 50 social media accounts, posting every day? Every top footballer has a PR firm handling their accounts and that is a well known fact. And just because Daily Mail claimed Pogba was unhappy with his wages that is got to be true right? The media has always been anti United and always will be. Why do people continue to believe rags is beyond me.

crossy1686

career ending
So you are just making stuff up now?
Yeah thats exactly what I'm doing. Just making stuff up as and when I feel like.

Pogba's a model pro. Up there with the best of the best ever. Never says or puts a foot wrong, never complains, has to best and most morally straight agent in the game also. I heard the Dali Lama prays to Pogba now for guidance, he's that much of a good guy, all round what a lad, what a role model, fecking 10/10. We should all aspire to reach the levels Paul Pogba does, only then will we know what its truly like to be a god.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Never said that. I said negativity spreads and Pogba has caused us more issues this season than he's solved.
Its utter scape goating to claim the negativity all stems from him
Yet evidence us hardly there. Bar statements from press and pundits speculating about what they know nothing about. Plus Moutinho who fell out with nearly everyone because he couldn't openly beef with Woodward and 'took it out on the wards' below him.

Its amazing how his contribution in a truly dire squad around him always gets overlooked. Then he gets blamed for all the shit everyone else pools. Because vs Everton for example the likes of Matic and De Gea, Martial, Rashford even Dalot where entirely responsible for how bad we were.

But some how especially him, Fred and Lukaku STILL wound off being the scape goats in chief

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If Real Madrid make the mistake of buying him he'll be gone within two seasons after originally starting out as a first team regular before ending his career there with the indignity of being a glorified bench warmer.

crossy1686

career ending
Was it just Pogba? Pretty much the whole squad was at loggerheads with Mou, even the fanbase wanted him out. Cant really blame him, wherever Mou goes this happens we need to look at the common denominator. Chelsea didnt dump Hazard because he was anti-Mou nor did Real.
That social media post has been debunked a long time back. Do you really think professional football players handle their own 50 social media accounts, posting every day? Every top footballer has a PR firm handling their accounts and that is a well known fact. And just because Daily Mail claimed Pogba was unhappy with his wages that is got to be true right? The media has always been anti United and always will be. Why do people continue to believe rags is beyond me.
I never said it was just Pogba but we're in the Pogba's future thread talking about Paul Pogba, so yes, I'm highlighting his behaviour.

Hazard is still being a prick and flirting with Madrid and causing problems for Sarri so maybe Jose was right?

If you want to believe that everything that happens around Pogba is a mistake or someone else's fault then you're entitled to do that. I prefer to believe that people like Gary Neville, who still has connections at United, dislike Pogba to the point where he wants him out of the club, that there has to be something going on behind the scene's we don't know. There's no smoke without fire.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Real Madrid make the mistake of buying him he'll be gone within two seasons after originally starting out as a first team regular before ending his career there with the indignity of being a glorified bench warmer.
Nah. He will be a luxury player they can afford, backed by energetic ball winners and surrounded by intelligent forward movement and we will be cursing ourselves at not getting the most out of him.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
I’d definitely consider, selling him, If an offer of £100m plus arrived for him. I’m not convinced, Madrid fans would warm to him. He certainly divides opinions, between United fans.

However, I do think the club, will be desperate to keep him. He is, our only superstar player, in a commercial sense.

These days, player power seems to rule and with his well publicised agent, it wouldn’t surprise me, if he pushed for a move.

One thing, if he did stay, I wouldn’t make him captain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll be a key part of something fantastic.

Pogba and Hazard would work wonders to that side.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah thats exactly what I'm doing. Just making stuff up as and when I feel like.

Pogba's a model pro. Up there with the best of the best ever. Never says or puts a foot wrong, never complains, has to best and most morally straight agent in the game also. I heard the Dali Lama prays to Pogba now for guidance, he's that much of a good guy, all round what a lad, what a role model, fecking 10/10. We should all aspire to reach the levels Paul Pogba does, only then will we know what its truly like to be a god.
You don't have to meltdown either. The thing about Pogba is that Conte, Allegri and Deschamps praise his professionalism and character and all his teammates like him. The attitude and culture of the locker room was in doubt under LVG and the players flat out abandoned Moyes, Pogba wasn't part of that. So if you actually want to target a group of potentially toxic players it's not that difficult, people are reluctant to do it but we all know who are the obvious candidate. The clue is that they actually played for all the managers and oversaw all our demises.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Nah. He will be a luxury player they can afford, backed by energetic ball winners and surrounded by intelligent forward movement and we will be cursing ourselves at not getting the most out of him.
Well, I just don't think he's up to demands required (both in terms of ability and mentality) of a Real Madrid team always aiming to be the very best around. I suppose as the cliche says, only time will tell.

Suv666

I never said it was just Pogba but we're in the Pogba's future thread talking about Paul Pogba, so yes, I'm highlighting his behaviour.

Hazard is still being a prick and flirting with Madrid and causing problems for Sarri so maybe Jose was right?

If you want to believe that everything that happens around Pogba is a mistake or someone else's fault then you're entitled to do that. I prefer to believe that people like Gary Neville, who still has connections at United, dislike Pogba to the point where he wants him out of the club, that there has to be something going on behind the scene's we don't know. There's no smoke without fire.
Yeah Chelsea should have binned Hazard, a player who had a massive role in Chesea winning the league and is their best player right now at times pretty much carrying the whole team.
The whole team from top to bottom is crap why the zeroing in on Pogba? Stick KDB in that midfield and he'd stuggle. Crap fullbacks, not a single good CB, a CDM more immobile than Fellaini, no movement, skill or workrate up top. How tf is one player supposed to carry the whole team. Why does our own fanbase have an agenda against Pogba? Its baffling.

Water Melon

You think he's not? Model pro like previous players we've had?

Do you think he would be still playing for the club if Fergie was in charge?
I have not seen anything toxic or unprofessional from Pogba. The guy looks tired which is absolutely natural due to exhausting world cup. Nemanja fecking Matic looks immobile, our defence and goal keeper are leaking goals left, right and center and our forwards are providing sweet feck all in terms of movement. I do see Pogba being on a different wavelength with some of our attackers, I do see him misplacing some passes, just as I see him shielding the ball well and not crumbling when pressed. So, now tell me why is he toxic? By the way, if we were playing under SAF, I am sure I'd see Pogba from his Juve days.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah Chelsea should have binned Hazard, a player who had a massive role in Chesea winning the league and is their best player right now at times pretty much carrying the whole team.
The whole team from top to bottom is crap why the zeroing in on Pogba? Stick KDB in that midfield and he'd stuggle. Crap fullbacks, not a single good CB, a CDM more immobile than Fellaini, no movement, skill or workrate up top. How tf is one player supposed to carry the whole team. Why does our own fanbase have an agenda against Pogba? Its baffling.
We're in the Pogba thread...

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Over his career here he's only ever shown glimpses of being a genuine match winner but for the most part has been little better than average. Our other players aren't held to the same standards but then why should they be? They don't court the adulation in the way Pogba does and then fail to deliver with such worrying regularity.

You talk about agendas but you are equally displaying one with your over-zealous defence of him which he hasn't come close to earning. It calls into question your credibility and objectivity when you are seeking to absolve Pogba from any blame at any cost.

Velvet Revolver

I'm not saying it's all his fault. Yes he has sht around him and yes we have failed to make decent signings. But the fact is we have spent the last 3 years 'building around Pogba'. Even Ole said it. A player we need to build around. What nonsense is that? Did Sir Alex 'build' around a player? Who?
And lastly big ego is not just him dancing around. I couldn't care less about that. It's because he doesn't f'in run when the mood suits him. Yes some games he is world class but fight week in week out is just not there. And it's been said by a number of managers and current/ex players that he is the rot and he seemed to down tools under Mourinho. I don't know for definite if thats true. I'm not staff. But from the outside The evidence seems compelling.
Cantona to RVP there are many example of this. But I dont want to compare this team with SAF because every manager after SAF will never be good enough because he is the greatest manager to ever mange a football team. so let's not compare at all!

Ok, agree some games pogba doesn't put in effort. But who does? tell me one player who gives his everything from start to finish? not just at united but anywhere else. And thats where we need this as a team effort not individual, when one player doesn't do it the other need to chip in and maybe lead by example to lift the spirits of others. Some are born leaders and some are not but that shouldn't be held against them!

Regarding the 'Rot', it's very easy to scape goat players like pogba and lukaku because they are easy targets ( Race also place a big part in this). Pundits will say a lot of things because they are paid to do it! For years the likes of neville and co were Pro Rooney and said nothing against him when the whole world knew he was stinking up the place! Rashford and Lingard have been horrible in the last few games has anyone come out and said anything about it? Oh wait a min! it's not their fault the rot has got to them!

For all you pogba haters, i feel like he needs to move on and be the world class player he is and then show the world how wrong you all were. That is what's going to happen anyways. Just a matter of time..

Xaviboy

Get the 150 mill for Pogba. We will have guts of 350 mill to spend then if we are to add the 200 mill that we are rumoured to have available.

Get 2 midfielders in to replace Pogba money. Bit of energy and fight in there. Rice, Doucoure and Fernandes for midfield options along with McTominey and Fred and maybe Matic and Perrera and Garner for squad options. We have been dominated in midfield lately in our games as we lack the fight and energy in there. As Ole said we need players to fight and work hard for the shirt and club. Rice likes to do dirty work and works hard and Doucoure knows how to put himself about. Fred and McTominey have energy. Apparently Fernandes has good work ethic in his game.

fezzerUTD

If he’s so happy and a model pro why is he publicly flirting with Real Madrid?
Don’t give me the rest of the team is crap so you don’t blame him because that highlights exactly why he is a nucience.

He’s wanted out for ages ive been saying it for months. I doubt he even wanted to come in the first place. Wages were the reason and money.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He will leave for Real Madrid or Barca next summer when his contract has only 1 year left, same script as Hazard and Erikson. He is definitely staying with Man Utd next season. Barca and Real Madrid don't have the financial muscles to pay over 150M for players. They are not PSG. The transfer market inflated to a point that to make transfer happen, either players leave for free like Ramsey and Rabiot, or run down contract like Hazard, Erikson, Pogba and De Gea.

Last edited:

Full bodied red

In years to come, I think we'll look back and say that the signings of Pogba and Sanchez were the final stupidity in our decline from SAF's era to a pretty good imitation of the Scousers 30+ years of nothingness but embarrassment.

I can't believe SAF would have signed either of them.

Did Woodward actually ask him about these two before he signed the cheques for them and their agents ?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How things stand now, he is off to Madrid. Too many rumours around him. Shame, he is world class player but if he wants to go then at least we should get huge fee.

JPRouve

Scout
How things stand now, he is off to Madrid. Too many rumours around him. Shame, he is world class player but if he wants to go then at least we should get huge fee.
The rumours are totally made up and not even well made in the case of the spanish press who quotes articles that don't exist. The french press is all about Zidane and linking him with every french player that you can imagine.