g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abdullah7

Not going to be moving anywhere this summer. I think the club knows that we are in a strong position we just need to improve his salary and make him feel home. I have full trust of Ole and his plans seems to be with PP and DDG. Both are pressuring the Glazers to make promises on signings. Just like the Rooney mambo jumbo with SAF wich spread into big signings like RVP wich proved to be very successful for the club

Infestissumam

£35m for Bruno Fernandes, £45m for Rice, £60m for Neves. Backed up by Matic, McTominay and Fred.
where do I sign?

think Fernandes would cost quite a bit more but those three would give us a good foundation. Too bad it'll never happen.

Drifter

American
If true, can't say i would be heart broken . SAF got rid of him for a reason and he was usually a good judge of a player.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He has had his best season and has been patchy at best, these rumours will not end until he is gone. He needs to be sold for as much as possible.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People should be careful with that article, it's speculatory. Basically Degorre says that with United potentially not playing the CL and Pogba's contract ending in 24 months, it should be the best time for Pogba and United to go their separate ways.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s just a shame that Ole ever gave him a say in the matter. Should be on his way in the summer whether he likes it or not.

Last edited:

SapperBRed75

Since I don’t profess to know Paul Pogba, or have access to people high up in our club, I’ll stick to what I know and have observed. I don’t think Paul Pogba or his decision making is perfect. It is possible that he is a very talented footballer without the leadership attributes we have been fortunate enough to see in some of our best and most influential midfielders over years. It is conceivable that were he struggling with the burden of expectation being placed upon him by increasingly desperate United fans, routinely being scapegoated for bad team performances might be taking it’s toll and affecting him mentally. It is clear that when reaching his best at International level and for Juve, he may have benefitted from being surrounded and supported by other world class talent. It is further possible that media sources cannot be trusted. Give the boy a break and let’s try and make our club a place where the best footballers in the world want to come and play without fear of being lynched or savaged on social media whilst we navigate our way back to the top.

buckooo1978

Since I don’t profess to know Paul Pogba, or have access to people high up in our club, I’ll stick to what I know and have observed. I don’t think Paul Pogba or his decision making is perfect. It is possible that he is a very talented footballer without the leadership attributes we have been fortunate enough to see in some of our best and most influential midfielders over years. It is conceivable that were he struggling with the burden of expectation being placed upon him by increasingly desperate United fans, routinely being scapegoated for bad team performances might be taking it’s toll and affecting him mentally. It is clear that when reaching his best at International level and for Juve, he may have benefitted from being surrounded and supported by other world class talent. It is further possible that media sources cannot be trusted. Give the boy a break and let’s try and make our club a place where the best footballers in the world want to come and play without fear of being lynched or savaged on social media whilst we navigate our way back to the top.
Amen brother

he seems to be the symbol of our failure even when hes far from the worst player in the team. It's almost as if the 4k we ran less than Everton was all down to Pogba

Neville happy to point fingers in his direction with not a peep about the owners or Woodward

I hate to type it but you wonder if a lot of what you read/hear in the media is flavoured ever so slightly with a distaste for a successful young black man - Sterling can testify to that. He's an easy target, the symbol of the team and the constant attacks on him flavour the opinions of fans too....

plenty of people I speak to about United, not all United fans are very quick to be Pogba this, Pogba that

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He needs to just leave. A circus follows his every step. He and his agent can go and destabilise another club. Real Madrid won’t be laying a glove on Barca for a while so let’s see how Pogba behaves over there.

Scriblerus

Pogba's only half a United player - all the talent is there, but he doesn't have the character, determination or decision making that it takes to run a midfield week in week out, which is what we are expecting of him. You can't build a successful team around that - though our problem at the moment is that we don't have anyone to build a team around.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He's a bad influence on Lingard and other young players at the club.

Maybe Jose wasn't wrong in his assessment of Pogba.

Also, this is very strange coming out yesterday before our clash with City.

Zoo

Lingard is older then him.

JPRouve

Scout

Nothing came out yesterday, there is nothing in that article other than the weekly speculations about this summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It's funny, you can almost see your brain working out the scenario live in your post.

Wait.. you don't think City are trying to unstabilise us do you? Like they did last time when Guardiola said Pogba was offered to city? hmmm :rolleyes:

I don't know why people believe the press with things like this, it's another day and another pogba story.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Amen brother

he seems to be the symbol of our failure even when hes far from the worst player in the team. It's almost as if the 4k we ran less than Everton was all down to Pogba

Neville happy to point fingers in his direction with not a peep about the owners or Woodward

I hate to type it but you wonder if a lot of what you read/hear in the media is flavoured ever so slightly with a distaste for a successful young black man - Sterling can testify to that. He's an easy target, the symbol of the team and the constant attacks on him flavour the opinions of fans too....

plenty of people I speak to about United, not all United fans are very quick to be Pogba this, Pogba that
Seriously don’t pull the race card with Pogba. His skin color has never been mentioned anywhere. Literally.
He gets criticized because of his transfer fee, his strolling around, his social media activity and United being shit. But not his color.

JPRouve

Scout
Seriously don’t pull the race card with Pogba. His skin color has never been mentioned anywhere. Literally.
He gets criticized because of his transfer fee, his strolling around, his social media activity and United being shit. But not his color.
That one is strange because Mata and Herrera aren't criticized for it when they are a lot more active.

Loublaze

ATLien
You don't know that, even if the color wasn't mentioned. Some of us can see through it without it being explicitly stated.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's funny, you can almost see your brain working out the scenario live in your post.

Wait.. you don't think City are trying to unstabilise us do you? Like they did last time when Guardiola said Pogba was offered to city? hmmm :rolleyes:

I don't know why people believe the press with things like this, it's another day and another pogba story.
Can you actually see my brain working?!:lol:

It's Pogba himself who is an unstabilising gent.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That Madrid side, despite being the poorest in a while, can still provide him with more support than we do. He'll regularly cross the 30 goals+assists barrier there. If he indeed ends up going, we're going to watch another world-class player we couldn't hold onto lead Madrid to multiple CL wins.

Pogba is the scapegoat here, not the problem. The problem is the dross surrounding him, and the man who has overseen and sanctioned the constant influx of that dross season after season.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah, you'll never see Mata or Herrera promote something as ridiculous as "Pogmojis" on instagram or whatever.
Probably because literally no one would be interested? Pogba is a brand, he's done well for himself. I've got nothing against that element of his character. He's just a modern footballer.

JPRouve

Scout
Maybe more to the fact that they come across as very humble whereby Pogba is a bit of a show-off?
Yeah but that's not really about social media because his media presence is mainly professional, by and about Adidas. If people have a problem with his personality then I can understand it but they should just say that instead of making up arguments that make little sense, that's why you see people like @Loublaze imagine that the reasons are potentially more nefarious. If people have a problem with his personality then he is in the same category than players like Griezmann or Ibrahimovic who rubs people the wrong way.

MadMike

If he wants to go and RM offer anything upwards of 125m, I’d take it to be honest.

He’s not the problem and we all know that in a better team he’ll shine as he did for Juve and France. He’s got a shit midfield around him and all the burden of expectation is on him. However if his heart’s not in it then that’s that.

My only concern is that I don’t trust that the money will be spent well.

Art Vandelay

Amen brother

Woodward and the owners certainly didn't contribute to us running 4k less than Everton, while Pogba had a hand in it. What would have been the point in bringing them into it on an afternoon where it was 100% the players that let us down? You can moan about quality all you want, but not putting in the effort is 100% down to the players themselves.

Why play the race card for him? He's a world record transfer fee that people talk about, his style is attention seeking and when him/we are shit that attention is going to be negative. He started the season as vice captain and even when we were winning matches he was dropping comments after them to the press giving them more fuel to spin stories about him and Mourinho.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Water under the bridge, of course, but if you want to understand why Pogba left in the first place, you have to look closely at Raiola's part in it. No, Fergie didn't want Pogba to leave. But he did sum up the whole business by stating that he was glad to see the back of the pair of them under the circumstances. Mostly because he detested his agent, but undoubtedly also because he felt Pogba hadn't exactly treated him with the utmost respect.

Bestietom

There is no denying that Pogba is a great player WHEN he turns it on, but the thing is "He knows it" and only turns it on when he feels like. This is not good for any team and it would be better we cashed in now, and start the rebuild with the money we receive for him. 130/140 million should get you 2 top midfielders in his place.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ha ha, i don't think so. Put class player around him and he is a monster. It is like when people say that Spurs are better without Kane( with Son as striker)
I honestly don't see it. He is capable of some great stuff and obviously extremely talented however he is lazy and due to his lack of consistency not a player to rely on. Spurs are definitely not better without Kane and perhaps Utd are not better without Pogba however it's hard not to wonder if his 'relaxed' attitude to the game is rubbing off on others in the squad who don't have the talent to get away with it. I'd honestly take the money and run.

Loublaze

ATLien
I honestly don't see it. He is capable of some great stuff and obviously extremely talented however he is lazy and due to his lack of consistency not a player to rely on. Spurs are definitely not better without Kane and perhaps Utd are not better without Pogba however it's hard not to wonder if his 'relaxed' attitude to the game is rubbing off on others in the squad who don't have the talent to get away with it. I'd honestly take the money and run.
What's this based on? Im not sure you know, but early stats this season showed Pogba covered the most distance per game in the team. Shaw was second.

Patrick08

Yeah but that's not really about social media because his media presence is mainly professional, by and about Adidas. If people have a problem with his personality then I can understand it but they should just say that instead of making up arguments that make little sense, that's why you see people like @Loublaze imagine that the reasons are potentially more nefarious. If people have a problem with his personality then he is in the same category than players like Griezmann or Ibrahimovic who rubs people the wrong way.
Those type of characters have enough arrogance to back it up on the pitch, put their whole energy on the pitch themselves and carry their own weight while are not over dependent on others around him to make them look good.

Full bodied red

Maybe we can get a deal including Varane, as Varane apparantly wants a new challenge.

I thought Varane has just signed a new contract ?

But £ 90 million + Isco and I'd snatch their hands off....

As for Pogba....

I'm not sure he ever wanted to come here in the first place - it was his slimeball Agent who conned Woodward into thinking he did.