Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Paul Pogba: ‘It could be a good time to have a new challenge’

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...us?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true
You haven’t mastered the “challenge” of playing well for more than 2 games in a row yet, how on earth do you think your work here is done?

Then again he’s a fair weather player if ever there was one. Hopefully we can get £120m+ and buy 2 actual centre midfielders with the money - ones who can play well without needing the entire side built around them.

willhse456

We are so fecked if he leaves. Think it would be the final nail in the coffin for top players snubbing us.

IrishRedDevil

United are in the pits :(

6th place finish and Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea wanting out. Lukaku and Pogba talking to the media to force our hand and De Gea refusing to sign.

It’s ok people, we have Young, Lingard and Jones.

Absolute state of this club. Even rougher times ahead.

Lennon

If that's true, we should do everything we can to sell it for the right price. If someone is not in the thing and is looking for a new challenge, we should not stop him. But he should think that just this change at United is a very big challenge and he could participate ...

cyberman

How can you want a new challenge after failing this?
I think he is a great player but he isn't a player that a team has if they need to be the best side in Europe every week which, sadly for him, we need to be when the best two sides in Europe sit atop our league.

SirAF

Ageist
You haven’t mastered the “challenge” of playing well for more than 2 games in a row yet, how on earth do you think your work here is done?

Then again he’s a fair weather player if ever there was one. Hopefully we can get £120m+ and buy 2 actual centre midfielders with the money - ones who can play well without needing the entire side built around them.
This. It’s more like running away from a challenge :lol:

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yep, let’s cash this clown in and move on. Despite what the stats say, he’s been very poor relative to his talent. His attitude stinks and I can’t imagine he is positive for team morale.

I was at the first leg v PSG when he was outclassed for the entire game before he went and got himself sent off. Summed up the past three years in that one match.

Good bye and good riddance. We will be short on decent midfielders and I have no faith in our CEO or manager to recruit a decent replacement but we will never win the league with this guy in our team.

2 man midfield

Really starting to hate football now. Could we have fecked things up any worse since 2013 than we have? It’s actually incredible how literally every single thing never works out for us.
To think what might’ve happened if we’d gotten Pep. feck me, we ballsed up bad.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
To think what might’ve happened if we’d gotten Pep. feck me, we ballsed up bad.
Klopp was who we should have got. He’s a better manager than Pep I think in terms of getting more out of average players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How can you want a new challenge after failing this?
I think he is a great player but he isn't a player that a team has if they need to be the best side in Europe every week which, sadly for him, we need to be when the best two sides in Europe sit atop our league.
Let's be real, Juventus were a great side with him in Europe, so let's not start that bs. But he is welcome to leave if that's what he wants, the money that he will raise can allow us to improve several positions, the only concern for me is the lack of focus on creativity, that's where we need to put all our money.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It’s no shock. We still have a pricetag that must be met.

We need a clean slate and to start afresh. We need lads who want to be here, Pog has eyes on a move since last summer. Don’t need that shit at the club right now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We are so fecked if he leaves. Think it would be the final nail in the coffin for top players snubbing us.
What I will say is that Pogba and/or De Gea leaving would further cement the notion that next year could be pretty rough, even if Ole is up to the job generally.

In the long run we'll be fine provided we start doing our own end of things properly.

KristianMackle

Great player when he decides to be. Which was about 10? 11 games this season? He's not a leader when he's thinking about jumping ship when faced with a challenge.
I'd sell him.

Mr.Plow

6th place finish and Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea wanting out. Lukaku and Pogba talking to the media to force our hand and De Gea refusing to sign.

They know Ole's not the right man. Best to bail now than waste yet another season.

GM K

Some of you act like he is some of sort of football god. Ronaldo gave Madrid all his sweat and took them to another level in European and world football, he wanted more pay, at least level with Messi who's generally considered to be the other of the top two in world football including him.. Madrid wouldn't budge and he moved. What has Pogba done at United? Europa league, league cup? Couple of great passes? Are we this starved of players, we will offer Old Trafford too to keep a player who claims to love United but can't wait to jump ship? Are we being sentimental because he returned to his so called "boyhood" club or what? He has already engineered a coup of some sort that got the last manager out. The club already grovel at his feet as he is the face of our club, yet he wants out. Where's our respect in all of this? You think Pep would keep a player who is not committed like Pogba?
How can I buy you a drink for this post?

Xaviboy

Jesus Lukaku and Pogba in the same week stating they want to jump ship. Best getting rid of them. Be a great start to pre season have 2 players looking to leave. Hope Ole has plans now to prepare the season without them. Hope we shift Pogba and Lukaku out in the next 2 weeks and get in 2 good replacements. Think if pogba transfer happens it will drag on but just hope we have a replacement in well before August 9th.

cyberman

The side isn't built around them though. Unless you think turnng down 150m for a fairweather player is great business because he's better than Young?
He can run off to Spain where they can take 70 minutes off a game, in England the midfield s a madhouse where he gets lost n.

3KDré

Watch the quality of our team go downhill immediately. If we’re going to sell him I would like us to try and get someone who can pass as well as him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t think you need to be pessimistic like that. If we sell him with a good money and also on the right time, we can use the money properly to rebuild our midfield. We just need to tell Pogba’s that we only want £150m at minimum price, and will not accept any bid after 20th July as we won’t have enough time to find replacement.

jackal&hyde

Plus being unable to conclude essential transfers from clubs like Palace, Ajax and Dortmund.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Again, we should scope out whether or not PSG would be interested. Get a bidding war juiced up now that we officially know he's mentally checked out.

In a way it is a relief. Hope he stays at this level of performance and will be as tactically demanding for his next employers. A Peter Pan character.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
"He's united through and through, SAF was the reason he left the first time. Big mistake from the greatest manager who ever lived. Now Mourinho is shackling him. This guy shouldn't defend, he's our best player."

"Just play 4 3 3 and Pogba on the left/right/center and we'll win everything". When that fails spectacularly, "all fecking Mourinho's fault, 3rd season pirate curse".

"When Mou leaves, watch him become the best cm in existence." Yeah that worked out well.

"We'll finish outside the top 6/10, when he leaves". No we fecking won't get a grip ffs.

The report will probably be classed as "misinterpreted", "lost in translation", etc when this guy has the hungriest agent ever who only looks for money and been confirmed that he offers our players to our rivals (City).

All the fanboys in here should be fecking ashamed of themselves.

Woodenlung

It's to be be decisions about it. Sell Pogba and Lukaku for as much as possible and reinforce the spine of the team with the proceeds. To to actually out all that 'monitoring' of players to work.

Deery

Dreary
He’s such a tit isn’t he.

Honestly don’t care if he leaves now think we’d be better off without him. I don’t think people will even remember him in 6 months time 1 good game against City in 3 years isn’t really enough for £90m.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty much alluding to the fans slagging him off and he doesn’t appreciate it. can’t say I blame him really.

Let’s hope we can replace him with some good players or were in big trouble.

2 man midfield

Klopp was who we should have got. He’s a better manager than Pep I think in terms of getting more out of average players.
Either would’ve done. And we sat with our thumb up our arse, letting our 2 biggest rivals nab the both of them.

And they just so happen to be the 2 best teams in Europe 5 years on. Absolutely criminal.

LARulz

Without wanting to give some super villain cliche reason for doing it - I was saying back in March that we should have a clear out. Anyone that wants out, leaves and anyone who wants to stay can and fight. Start from scratch.

Having a half arsed Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea who are consistently going on at the media or privately about wanting out is of no use. I don't know if they are but I imagine all 3, especially Pogba and De Gea, are leaders in the dressing room. If they want out then that will naturally impact the morale of the rest of the team and performance.

Cash in and move on. I would feel a lot more confident if we had Poch or someone like that in charge but people jumped the gun with Solskjaer and bent over backwards to give him a contract rather than do the normal thing and wait till the end of the season

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Some of you act like he is some of sort of football god. Ronaldo gave Madrid all his sweat and took them to another level in European and world football, he wanted more pay, at least level with Messi who's generally considered to be the other of the top two in world football including him.. Madrid wouldn't budge and he moved. What has Pogba done at United? Europa league, league cup? Couple of great passes? Are we this starved of players, we will offer Old Trafford too to keep a player who claims to love United but can't wait to jump ship? Are we being sentimental because he returned to his so called "boyhood" club or what? He has already engineered a coup of some sort that got the last manager out. The club already grovel at his feet as he is the face of our club, yet he wants out. Where's our respect in all of this? You think Pep would keep a player who is not committed like Pogba?
Great post.

Dolf

I wouldn't even mind seeing a different and more balanced midfield. I never really understood what Pogba's best position was anyway. Let's buy Bruno for the creativity and then a top midfielder who can dictate the pace.

IrishRedDevil

The side isn't built around them though. Unless you think turnng down 150m for a fairweather player is great business because he's better than Young?
He can run off to Spain where they can take 70 minutes off a game, in England the midfield s a madhouse where he gets lost n.
Getting £150m means absolutely nothing to me.

The club wasted over £50m on Fred.

The £150m will be spent on Wan Bissaka and Maguire. Two decent players yes, but two very obvious signings that take zero scouting. Far from amazing business.

Heinzesight

Been a shit stain on the club for two seasons now. Are these comments really any surprise? Can he take his little hanger on Jessparagus?

Can’t wait to see the back of this prick. A fantastic player in there...we all know that, which is frustrating. But with his mentality he will never be World Class. We will improve without him as long as the money is re-invested of course.

Fletchageddon

Lads our best games as a team were played without him. A team is more than the sum of its parts. That’s how it works. The collective coming together.

Pogba is not a team player and will be agitating to move again in 3 years when he’s 29 wherever he is.

Let’s hope we get a good amount for him
and spend it on better professionals.