Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

willhse456

I don’t think you need to be pessimistic like that. If we sell him with a good money and also on the right time, we can use the money properly to rebuild our midfield. We just need to tell Pogba’s that we only want £150m at minimum price, and will not accept any bid after 20th July as we won’t have enough time to find replacement.
Who do you replace him with though? We've already seen reports of top players snubbing us for CL football (Pepe, Sancho, Rabiot, De Ligt). I just don't believe we'll get anywhere near the desired quality. Ones in favour of us selling him, think we'll do what Liverpool did with the Coutinho money, but this board is much more likely to replicate what Spurs did with the Bale transfer fee, and even our transfer activity following Ronaldo's departure.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How can you want a new challenge after failing this?
When I start a game of Sudoku on my phone at the hardest setting and realise it's too difficult, I close it down and start another one at an easier setting.

"I'm looking for a new challenge" sounds nicer than "this is too much work, I want something easier".

crossy1686

career ending
Not even bothered. He's 'played' like he wanted out all season so if that's the case then Madrid can cough up the cash or he can warm the bench all season.

I find it hard to care about these players who are only here to improve their own personal brand and want to feck off as soon as things start looking like hard work.

He's in for a shock when he finally gets to Madrid anyway.

DownRiver

United need to buy his replacements before selling; also we should not be wasting time negotiating his fee until after we guy our players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wouldn't even mind seeing a different and more balanced midfield. I never really understood what Pogba's best position was anyway. Let's buy Bruno for the creativity and then a top midfielder who can dictate the pace.
This is what I want as well. I’m praying that Ole actually knows what we need in the middle of the park, because getting rid of Pogba could open the door to a proper, well balanced midfield. None of this accommodating a player who may or may not turn up that day, but a midfield greater than the sum of its parts and each cog playing a vital role. Easier said than done, and it’s been a while, but it isn’t going to happen with Pogba in it that’s for sure.

crossy1686

career ending
When I start a game of Sudoku on my phone at the hardest setting and realise it's too difficult, I close it down and start another one at an easier setting.

"I'm looking for a new challenge" sounds nicer than "this is too much work, I want something easier".

Bingo.

Madrid fans won't put up with him though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This was his best season in his own estimate? Take away the pens (missed quite a few) and it was only really the purple patch in Ole's first 12-15 games where he looked like the player he thinks he is.

I thought he was way better at Juve, is that not the case?

deleon

He's going to leave; we have to at least try and compromise.

Convince him to stay one more season, get us back in Europe, and we'll sell him next summer. Finalise the sale early and keep it quiet so we'll have time to get a replacement.

crossy1686

career ending
Getting £150m means absolutely nothing to me.

The club wasted over £50m on Fred.

The £150m will be spent on Wan Bissaka and Maguire. Two decent players yes, but two very obvious signings that take zero scouting. Far from amazing business.
While I can understand Pogba's grievances, he still appears to come across as a toxic influence within the squad. If he goes and we replace with those two you mentioned we'd be better off than we are today.

cyberman

Getting £150m means absolutely nothing to me.

The club wasted over £50m on Fred.

The £150m will be spent on Wan Bissaka and Maguire. Two decent players yes, but two very obvious signings that take zero scouting. Far from amazing business.
We've hung onto Pogba for 3 years making excuses after excuse for him. There's less sense in hoping he develops consistency over 90 mins never mind an entire season than moving on and restructuring the core of our side.
Who says our signings have to be less obvious anyway? Madrid are getting praise for Hazard and Pogba for feck sake

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Devastating news. I’m not sure I trust us to recruit adequately/coaching the rest of the team step-up to compensate for his loss.

crossy1686

career ending

Convince him to stay one more season, get us back in Europe, and we'll sell him next summer. Finalise the sale early and keep it quiet so we'll have time to get a replacement.
Do you really want him around another season telling everyone that he's off to Madrid, bouncing round like the cock of the walk?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pretty much alluding to the fans slagging him off and he doesn’t appreciate it. can’t say I blame him really.

Let’s hope we can replace him with some good players or were in big trouble.
If he can't hack criticism from supporters when he's not performing he won't make the grade at Madrid. A great talent with a shit mentality.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bingo.

Madrid fans won't put up with him though.
Yup. The same lot booed Ronaldo for feck sake.

If one instance of fully justified jeers from a few Mancs got under his skin, just wait until he loses the ball on the half way line for Madrid, only to be seen walking back as Courtois picks the ball out the net. He’ll be crucified.

Judas

Open to offers
Huge huge blow and I worry we’ll sell him for less than he’s worth and buy a woeful replacement.

Massive idiot for those quotes though, thought he’d have a bit more respect.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
A new "challenge" :lol: Never seen him challenge himself since he's been here!

Absolute fair weather player.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Nail on head.

He can feck off then as he’s more or less confirmed he wants out now. Can’t be bothered with players who are only half arsed anyway. Get the money in for him and buy suitable replacements who actually want to play for the club.

NFM

"After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."
This guy is delusional. He is poison. I don't care if he is the best around, which he clearly is not, he is toxic for the club.
Get rid to Juve or whoever asap.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he can't hack criticism from supporters when he's not performing he won't make the grade at Madrid. A great talent with a shit mentality.
I think it’s more that personally he feels he’s had a good season and then slagged off. If he feels like he’s been poor I’m sure he would accept it.

Anyway, I just hope all the deals are done In the background and we will have 4-5-6 players to come in and fill the gap.

SaintMuppet

Honestly won’t miss him when he’s gone.
Pretty much alluding to the fans slagging him off and he doesn’t appreciate it. can’t say I blame him really.

Let’s hope we can replace him with some good players or were in big trouble.
Awwww what a shame.

Gets paid a fortune per week and literally makes himself the face of the club with his online and his dibdabbing.

As soon as he gets a bit of stick because both him and the team are sh1t he wants to run away into the loving arms of Madrid.

Fairweather pussy, get rid ASAP. Give him his dream move until a few white hankies chase him off to PSG.

He is not nor never was what this club needs. A few nice passes and a lot of blind alleys.

Flatters to deceive.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Losing Pogba is looking more and more real. We depend so much on him. If we don't recruit enough quality we really could be seeing some of the top half teams overtaking us next season.

Honestly won’t miss him when he’s gone.

Awwww what a shame.

Gets paid a fortune per week and literally makes himself the face of the club with his online and his dibdabbing.

As soon as he gets a bit of stick because both him and the team are sh1t he wants to run away into the loving arms of Madrid.

Fairweather pussy, get rid ASAP. Give him his dream move until a few white hankies chase him off to PSG.

He is not nor never was what this club needs. A few nice passes and a lot of blind alleys.

Flatters to deceive.
Yet he's the only creative outlet in our team.

KristianMackle

Liverpool sold Coutinho and rebuilt. Some will say they may be a better run club but their fans weren't saying that 3 or 4 years ago. Get the Pogba money and bring in some players who will actually try for more than 10 games this season.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Au revoir, Paul. Take as many don’t-give-a-bollocks mercenaries as you can with you, mate. We don’t need gormless individuals stinking out the dressing-room anymore.

Ta-ra.

DownRiver

Pogba is an idiot. He has been probably told my his fat agent to speak in the media to pressure Man utd into a move with assurances that Madrid will pay for him. Woodward could show some balls and say no or demand a price for him that Real Madrid can't afford.

So what now? He will be hung out to dry. He will get boo'd and hated on even more until he does actually leave.

Let's see how Ole handles this because no one in the world has the same flair in midifeld and losing Pogba be 2 stleaving wille back when we want to go 3 steps forward. So now we are 5 steps back from where we want to be if we lose him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Keep him another season? Why on Earth would we keep a player who thinks he's "the man" but gets totally out played by Mark fecking Noble? I'm tired of players like Pogba who are only concerned about themself. The sooner he's gone the better...

Kostur

海尔的老板
I've said it before and stand by it. We should've gotten rid of him alongside Mourinho to clear shit up at this club. Enjoy your dabbing in Tourin or wherever where you're no longer taking penalties, ta-ra.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Who do you replace him with though? We've already seen reports of top players snubbing us for CL football (Pepe, Sancho, Rabiot, De Ligt). I just don't believe we'll get anywhere near the desired quality. Ones in favour of us selling him, think we'll do what Liverpool did with the Coutinho money, but this board is much more likely to replicate what Spurs did with the Bale transfer fee, and even our transfer activity following Ronaldo's departure.
Bruno Partey Tielesman

£153m in total transfer fees.

Irishman

I will be glad to see the back of him and Lukaku. Two players whose commitment to the cause over the last year is questionable at best. Getting rid is a must and ensuring that we use the money wisely is paramount.

Sadly, I think the Glazers will pocket the proceeds and continue their 'paper over the cracks' strategy of spending minimally.

Problem for our club is that these cracks are now gaping holes and we are vulnerability exposed like never before.

Nights

If he has an issue with our fans slagging him off, he best be prepared for Madrid’s fans with the sort of performances he usually puts in.

That being said, he’d be suited for La Liga; he can take it easy most of the time, play the odd fancy pass and they’ll still end up top 2.

shiranaiotoko

If we sell Pogba I expect to buy at least De Bruyne caliber player, if not this team can feck off, I'm not going to watch this circus anymore. We can be even 12th, but if I don't see a proper football, which can be a good sign for future there's no point.

crossy1686

career ending
Losing Pogba is looking more and more real. We depend so much on him. If we don't recruit enough quality we really could be seeing some of the top half teams overtaking us next season.
We don't want one player to carry us really, when you have that kind of unbalance you end up with egos and a toxic environment. We could do with a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

We don't need big name world class players, we need players like Kante and VVD before they join a top 4 team.

siw2007

Figured he wanted to leave this summer. He was great up until the point where Zidane got the Real job.

He might be determined to leave but it won’t be easy for him and we should not bow to his demands. We should stick to our guns and demand £150m plus for him. Other clubs might be put off by it and he might have to stay here another year but I think it’s the right call to rinse every penny from him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it’s more that personally he feels he’s had a good season and then slagged off. If he feels like he’s been poor I’m sure he would accept it.

Anyway, I just hope all the deals are done In the background and we will have 4-5-6 players to come in and fill the gap.
Yeah, if this is his level of performance for Madrid he can expect worse.