Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What's this based on? Im not sure you know, but early stats this season showed Pogba covered the most distance per game in the team. Shaw was second.
That is not saying much for a team that has shocking distance covered stats. He may be one of the best of a bad lot (at that stage of the season - would be interested to see overall this year) but put him in most other teams in the league and he would be down near the bottom.

I don't need stats to know what I can see with my eyes anyway - he isn't exactly dynamic is he?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Those type of characters have enough arrogance to back it up on the pitch, put their whole energy on the pitxh themselves and carry their own weight while are not over dependent on others around him to make them look good.
Not really, Ibrahimovic required players to support him on the field at the exception of Juventus and Barcelona, People mainly think that he failed at Barcelona. It's also irrelevant since they are both disliked which was the point of the conversation.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
That Madrid side, despite being the poorest in a while, can still provide him with more support than we do. He'll regularly cross the 30 goals+assists barrier there. If he indeed ends up going, we're going to watch another world-class player we couldn't hold onto lead Madrid to multiple CL wins.

Pogba is the scapegoat here, not the problem. The problem is the dross surrounding him, and the man who has overseen and sanctioned the constant influx of that dross season after season.
We keep on hearing stuff like this about Pogba but it never ever happens.

Just like all those claims that he was a future ballon d'or.

Dan600

I find this is a little bit funny. No doubt there could be truth in these new rumours due to it being stated previously, and it seems obvious at this point. BUT, the nature of both the 'Pogba wants to quit', and 'Ole could be sacked unless..' news stories both come out after Ole has pointed out Man City's cynical fouling nature under Pep, and both from the same sources no doubt. I'm not saying that there is no truth, however the timing in particular is important to me, even if there is truth in it.

All I will say is take anything you read at the minute with a pinch of salt. Oh, and don't underestimate the power of the Qatari Media Manipulation Machine.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Pogba's silence is not helping the situation. Why doesn't he come out in the open and quash all these rumours and put all the speculation to bed? Or is he enjoying all the media focus and attention on him?

Loublaze

ATLien
Seriously I think you’re seeing something that isn’t there
Im really not, but we probably just see and understand the world differently, different country, different culture. I know the behavioral patterns when I see them, based on experience and learning from others. People's intentions are not very hard to figure out, no matter where they are from. Im not saying all the criticism and abuse is coming from that place, but a lot of it is and these patterns repeat themselves over generations. We'll just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Dan600

Pogba's silence is not helping the situation. Why doesn't he come out in the open and quash all these rumours and put all the speculation to bed? Or is he enjoying all the media focus and attention on him?
As much as it would be lovely, I'm sure agent Raiola would advise him against that. There's still business involved. If you believe the other rumour that he has asked us for an improved contract, saying that you love the club and never want to leave wouldn't give you a very strong negotiating position.

Zoo

Why doesn't De Gea? Or Herrera should admit that he's leaving.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because players don't comment on papers where journalists speculate, it's something that happens everyday in a multitude of countries.

buckooo1978

Seriously don’t pull the race card with Pogba. His skin color has never been mentioned anywhere. Literally.
He gets criticized because of his transfer fee, his strolling around, his social media activity and United being shit. But not his color.
I do wonder....

first of all why should Pogba bear the criticism for United being shit? he's been central to all the good things we've done and is our highest rated and most productive player. For me it's a toss up between him and Herrera for our Player of the Season - we've a big squad

the point is (and I am a critic of Pogba when he underperforms) the level of criticism Pogba gets is disproportionate to what he deserves - I can't explain why this is given his productivity being the best in our team - its naive to blame a transfer fee by the way

contrast Pogba with Hazard in the past who has had flaky inconsistent seasons, though injured and never received a 10th of the abuse Pogba gets.... De Bruyne though injured a lot has been poor when he's played and he's never going to receive the same kind of microscopic analysis Pogba does

even Sanchez - he gets a fraction of the abuse Pogba gets and his contributions are minuscule in comparison despite the huge wages so I'm not accepting the ££££ reason

the likes of Souness and the way they begrudge giving Pogba any credit points to something perhaps unpalatable

Pogba is not above criticism... far from it.... at the same time we've a squad of highly paid players who aren't performing and he doesn't deserve the level of abuse he gets - as far as race goes who knows but it is clear in the language used and the disproportionate levels of abuse that something isn't quite right

buckooo1978

Woodward and the owners certainly didn't contribute to us running 4k less than Everton, while Pogba had a hand in it. What would have been the point in bringing them into it on an afternoon where it was 100% the players that let us down? You can moan about quality all you want, but not putting in the effort is 100% down to the players themselves.

Why play the race card for him? He's a world record transfer fee that people talk about, his style is attention seeking and when him/we are shit that attention is going to be negative. He started the season as vice captain and even when we were winning matches he was dropping comments after them to the press giving them more fuel to spin stories about him and Mourinho.
on Woody I was referring to Neville pointing the finger at Pogba in terms of his social media comments - what I had said was its all well and good criticising players for Neville but why has he been so silent on the main reason for our decline

I covered the other point in my reply to goldenblunder so read away - there's just something not quite right for me in the microscopic critical analysis and focus on him when hes probably been our most productive player this year

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I do wonder....

first of all why should Pogba bear the criticism for United being shit? he's been central to all the good things we've done and is our highest rated and most productive player. For me it's a toss up between him and Herrera for our Player of the Season - we've a big squad

the point is (and I am a critic of Pogba when he underperforms) the level of criticism Pogba gets is disproportionate to what he deserves - I can't explain why this is given his productivity being the best in our team - its naive to blame a transfer fee by the way

contrast Pogba with Hazard in the past who has had flaky inconsistent seasons, though injured and never received a 10th of the abuse Pogba gets.... De Bruyne though injured a lot has been poor when he's played and he's never going to receive the same kind of microscopic analysis Pogba does

even Sanchez - he gets a fraction of the abuse Pogba gets and his contributions are minuscule in comparison despite the huge wages so I'm not accepting the ££££ reason

the likes of Souness and the way they begrudge giving Pogba any credit points to something perhaps unpalatable

Pogba is not above criticism... far from it.... at the same time we've a squad of highly paid players who aren't performing and he doesn't deserve the level of abuse he gets - as far as race goes who knows but it is clear in the language used and the disproportionate levels of abuse that something isn't quite right
I don't think race is an issue here at all - he is your most high profile player - a guy who supposedly is one of the best in the world - he is not performing anywhere near what you would expect that level of adulation and profile would suggest. None of your other players come close in terms of exposure and hype and he has severely under performed (mostly). It may be unfair to pin it all on him - all the players deserve scrutiny and criticism however he naturally gets most of the focus for all the reasons stated.

Art Vandelay

on Woody I was referring to Neville pointing the finger at Pogba in terms of his social media comments - what I had said was its all well and good criticising players for Neville but why has he been so silent on the main reason for our decline

I covered the other point in my reply to goldenblunder so read away - there's just something not quite right for me in the microscopic critical analysis and focus on him when hes probably been our most productive player this year
He is critical of Woodward:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ary-neville-sends-message-manchester-16161745

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manchester-united-gary-neville-ed-woodward-196030

There's more too if you search for it.

Something not quite right because you're the one looking at skin colour. Everyone else is criticising a footballer that's touted as the best in the world in his position often putting in half arsed performances while fluttering his eyelashes at other clubs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because:
1) He wants to go. We all knew when he signed that he will leave for Barca or Real. And i don't blame him for that. Winning titles there or playing for 4th spot here? Hm...
2) He is using that rumours for better contract.
3) He likes attention. Big attention = more money from sponsors

Needham

Comes down to this: what does Paul Pogba want? Think he wants out. Just go full Levy on any interested club.

buckooo1978

I don't think race is an issue here at all - he is your most high profile player - a guy who supposedly is one of the best in the world - he is not performing anywhere near what you would expect that level of adulation and profile would suggest. None of your other players come close in terms of exposure and hype and he has severely under performed (mostly). It may be unfair to pin it all on him - all the players deserve scrutiny and criticism however he naturally gets most of the focus for all the reasons stated.
agree with a lot of this - our most high profile player but also our highest rated player based on performances and productivity

it's a team game so the focus on him by some doesn't seem right to me - I agree it is unfair to pin it all on him

Grande

Cool. If he ain't bothered about us why should we care about him? He's a great player but nobody should be treated like they're bigger than United.
And if you are a vampire, why shouldn’t we implement garlic into your every post?

Not saying you’re a vampire, of course, because how would I know?

red4ever 79

Who cares. It's literally every week there is a story that he wants to leave, he is not happy. You can see from his body language as well recently. If he wants to go I will personally drive him to Spain.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares. It's literally every week there is a story that he wants to leave, he is not happy. You can see from his body language as well recently. If he wants to go I will personally drive him to Spain.
:lol: you see what you want to see. He plays literally no different than he did before with Ole.

Anyway it seems that if he does eventually leave half of our fanbase will be happy. I don't understand why.

red4ever 79

:lol: you see what you want to see. He plays literally no different than he did before with Ole.

Anyway it seems that if he does eventually leave half of our fanbase will be happy. I don't understand why.
He was poor under Mourinho, picked up when Ole came in and has now reverted back to type.

Dont get me wrong, I am not isolating him. All of them can go for me. Absolute shambles

Adam-Utd

He was poor under Mourinho, picked up when Ole came in and has now reverted back to type.

Dont get me wrong, I am not isolating him. All of them can go for me. Absolute shambles
everybody was poor under Mourinho.

He's not exactly "reverted" back to type, he's just not been playing as the AMC recently. We've moved back to a 2 striker formation most of the time, or played Lukaku up top with him as a 2 man midfield. When he played as the AMC he was much closer to the goal, so his goal tally was better. Now he's moved back deeper to try and supply the passes (which he does plenty) but the strikers are letting us down.

You might not be, but many here are solely blaming Pogba, they're letting the press influence them which is bonkers.

People genuinely think selling Pogba is "good" for the club? since when is selling your highest goal scorer/assister a good move?.

I don't buy all this "he's a negative influence" on the squad, what exactly does Pogba do that is so unstabilising? dancing and being happy? give over :lol:

The fact is the whole squad were playing out of their skins and in good form, we had a bit of luck that masked some results. Now we aren't playing quite so well and our form has dipped and it's showing again.

I personally think we should drop Lukaku and go back to the 4-2-3-1 with Rashford/Pogba/Lingard/Martial front 4 that did so well together. Since the PSG home match we've abandoned it which I don't understand why.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'm sorry but there is no race angle to this. He is as much a celebrity as a footballer, you don't get to court the attention one minute but turn it off when it becomes negative. He is a big time Charlie and that doesn't sit well with a lot of people so you'd better back it up more often than not, which he doesn't. There is no predicting if you will get the 8 or 9 out of ten pogba who looks every bit the player we need, or the 3 out if ten pogba who looks like he would rather be anywhere else but playing for us.

Now raheem sterling? There is a player who gets stick because of his race.

red4ever 79

everybody was poor under Mourinho.

He's not exactly "reverted" back to type, he's just not been playing as the AMC recently. We've moved back to a 2 striker formation most of the time, or played Lukaku up top with him as a 2 man midfield. When he played as the AMC he was much closer to the goal, so his goal tally was better. Now he's moved back deeper to try and supply the passes (which he does plenty) but the strikers are letting us down.

You might not be, but many here are solely blaming Pogba, they're letting the press influence them which is bonkers.

People genuinely think selling Pogba is "good" for the club? since when is selling your highest goal scorer/assister a good move?.

I don't buy all this "he's a negative influence" on the squad, what exactly does Pogba do that is so unstabilising? dancing and being happy? give over :lol:

The fact is the whole squad were playing out of their skins and in good form, we had a bit of luck that masked some results. Now we aren't playing quite so well and our form has dipped and it's showing again.

I personally think we should drop Lukaku and go back to the 4-2-3-1 with Rashford/Pogba/Lingard/Martial front 4 that did so well together. Since the PSG home match we've abandoned it which I don't understand why.
I agree to disagree with you. What i saw on Sunday was a team not playing bady, but a team just not trying at all. Lack of effort and desire was clear to see and that cannot be tolerated at Manchester United. Everyone was poor under Mourinho, everyone has been poor under Ole. Mass clear out is needed, players need a reality check and need to be kicked up the arse out shown the door. Pogba is one of those, one of many.

Adam-Utd

I agree to disagree with you. What i saw on Sunday was a team not playing bady, but a team just not trying at all. Lack of effort and desire was clear to see and that cannot be tolerated at Manchester United. Everyone was poor under Mourinho, everyone has been poor under Ole. Mass clear out is needed, players need a reality check and need to be kicked up the arse out shown the door. Pogba is one of those, one of many.
Yes Everton was unacceptable, we can all agree on that. I just don't think selling our best player is going to cut it. At least he brings the ability to create goals, I'd be shifting Matic out far sooner, he does literally nothing apart from sideways passes.

Could you imagine if that was Pogba that give Sigurdsson that amount of room for his goal? we wouldn't hear the end of it all week. Hardly a peep I've heard about Matic. He's supposed to be the defensive master! :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I do wonder....

It’s simple - the level of hype around Pogba was disproportionate to his actual level so a lot of criticism is born out of disappointment

red4ever 79

Yes Everton was unacceptable, we can all agree on that. I just don't think selling our best player is going to cut it. At least he brings the ability to create goals, I'd be shifting Matic out far sooner, he does literally nothing apart from sideways passes.

Could you imagine if that was Pogba that give Sigurdsson that amount of room for his goal? we wouldn't hear the end of it all week. Hardly a peep I've heard about Matic. He's supposed to be the defensive master! :D
Virtually all of them need to go. If you take that starting line up. Jones, Smalling, Matic, Lukaku all need to be sold. Rashford, Fred, Dalot are squad players.

Sick to death of them all to be honest

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hardly an outlandish concept.

It obviously depends on the player in question. If the primary concern is building a solid foundation, you absolutely can entertain selling your best player. It doesn't mean you criminally underestimate how good he is in and by himself.

If the player obviously needs upgrades (how many? at what cost?) around him, and doesn't seem adverse to the idea of moving elsewhere, it's perfectly natural to ask questions.

Bob H from Manchester

It’s madrid. They’ll pay. How much did Barca pay for Coutinho again?
You're comparing apples to oranges.
One is a hard working professional footballer who has the mental capacity of an adult and who acts like an adult, who doesn't go completely missing in 3 out of every 4 games, who doesn't brief the press against his club, who doesn't send his agent to ask his clubs biggest rivals to bid for him etc. etc. . . . and the other one is an idiot called Pogba.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You're comparing apples to oranges.
One is a hard working professional footballer who has the mental capacity of an adult and who acts like an adult, who doesn't go completely missing in 3 out of every 4 games, who doesn't brief the press against his club, who doesn't send his agent to ask his clubs biggest rivals to bid for him etc. etc. . . . and the other one is an idiot called Pogba.
Have you been following what has been happening with Coutinho at Barca at all?

purgethefallen

I do wonder....

Because he's supposed to be this wonderful, world class player but all he does is stroll around hardly making any effort.

The criticism is nothing to do with race or colour but expectations. United's best players are also supposed to work their butts off and live up to their hype, otherwise they will be gone like others before them. Pogba has been totally underwhelming on the pitch, neither he nor you can complain about criticism, it's been earned.

Andy Hill

Thought Pogba was our best player tonight. Looked cool and composed throughout. It is not his fault that he is in a position to play a telling pass but there is nobody to pass to. Put him in the City or Liverpool teams and he would shine.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I do wonder....

This is exactly how I feel. Pogba is far and away the best player at United, responsible for almost all the good things that happen on the pitch and because he somehow isn't also fixing Young, Smalling, Jones, De Gea, Lingard, Lukaku and Alexis f*cking Sanchez' issues he's the one we pick on.

Cliche Guevara

Thought Pogba was our best player tonight. Looked cool and composed throughout. It is not his fault that he is in a position to play a telling pass but there is nobody to pass to. Put him in the City or Liverpool teams and he would shine.
People keep coming out with this rubbish.

He’d wreck City and Liverpool’s systems and they’d definitely cash in if they had him at those clubs.