Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red00012

Ole needs to sit down with Pogba and see what he wants to do, if he’s thinking about Madrid I’d just sell him. As good as he is if a player doesn’t want to be there he’s attitude isnt going to be right on the field or in the dressing room.

Likewise with DDG if he wants to leave sell him. I want players here with (on the field ) attitudes like Herrera and Young.
Yes Young is poor but you can see he’d do anything for that jersey.

The problem is 1 of those players is leaving and the other shouldn’t be playing.

sp_107

Why people think we shouldn't let him go? Anything he did extraordinary in last 3 years ? Any above average midfielder could do what he did here,

He is a top talent but somehow he comes across a fair weather type player. We need players consistently lift the mood of others with their performances not the opposite.

Heard he doesn't want to apply for pre tour Chinese Visa, If he is that desperate to leave then why pleading his stay rather find better alternatives.

UTD with or without Pogba will go on and we could get better if we are lucky enough to get our alternate targets

Pogba's second stint at United did get me wondering about success stories of players returning to their former club.
How many have been worth it ?
Can only think of Hughes for us and Rush for Liverpool.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Fabrizio Romano has a story in one of the papers that i read online earlier saying that Raiola and Juve are working on a deal for Pogba to return.

He's one of the cafs trusted journos isn't he?
For €130m, they might wanna offer more than that, we paid what, €120m 2 years ago?

Arogantni

Supports
Zeljeznicar
Juve should have that kind of money lying around unless they sell a couple of players.
Juventus has the third most wealthier owners in football, after psg and man city. Last year they decided to invest more money in juventus, so 200mil of negative net spend of last year is not surprise. Something like that is expected also this year, even more, because all sponsors (companies like for example jeep) which are ownership of agnellies and elkans will sign new much financial stronger contracts with juventus. Also juventus sold bonds for 200 milions to have more money. President agnelli promised that he will bring up to juventus "young" cristiano ronaldo (some superstar who will not be old like cr7).

Paratici, director of sport, said for skysport before two day that he will try to bring pogba or isco this summer if they would have freedom to change club.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So conflicted about him. There is a player there, just his demeanor on the pitch, strolling around, is so frustrating.

If he does not want to be here, i would certainly sell for the correct price.

Cheesesandwich

Conflicting thoughts myself. Build a team round him, or sell him as he’s not worth the hassle.

Whether he thinks he needs to play in a better team with better players around him, I don’t know, but surely he has the ability to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and change it, but he rarely does.
Personally, I think he’s good as gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I imagine a more physical scheme with constant changes in the line of three. Personally I would like to try Hazard in the center, and more different combinations, Brahim, Isco,Rodrygo or Modric if he continues.
Ceballos and Llorente are leaving and Kroos could go out too, so even trusting Valverde I think they will sign a holding midfielder.4231:

Benzema/Jovic?
Hazard/Vini-----Pogba/Isco-----Asensio/?
? ------Casemiro/?
I really don't think we'll keep Isco

Anyways, think Zidane will dust off Carlo's old hybrid formation with two banks of four when we defend morphing into a 2(sergio-varane)2(case-modric)2 wingbacks(dani-marcelo)3(pogba-hazard-?)1(Benzema)

DavidDeSchmikes

Robson: "....club sources insist he will apply for a Visa ahead of the tour to Australia, Singapore and China in July, citing passport issues as the reason for his failure to do so yet...."
We're going to get this all summer aren't we? Sources/Sauces of one newspaper contradicting another newspaper. A whole summer of 'Will Pogba Stay or go?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great social media hits for Woodward to count all summer.

redshaw

Probably hinges on getting top 4 and getting some good players in like Sancho, maybe firepower in Icardi as well as two defensive midfielders and a right back. Could be exciting times for United or be a real slug if we don't qualify. He's 100% gone if we don't get top 4 I feel.

UncleBob

They're just sorting out everything for his move next summer. Reckon he'll sign a fat contract extension which sees us get a shitload for him while he'll have secured a nice bit of wage

It makes little sense for us to sell him this summer, we already have to bring in: A midfielder, central defender, fullback and an attacking player, adding an extra midfielder to that shopping list to replace what is easily one of our most important players would be mental.

Giggs86

It’ll take Coutinho type money and you could argue Coutinho had a much better season before being sold
You mean the Glazers will take the money.

There's no guarantee they will reinvest that money in the team. Like they did when they pocketed Ronaldo's money and brought Valencia, Obertan and Owen (on a free).

That's why I don't understand fans who care how much money we get/pay when we buy and sell.

GM K

Again....I thought Mourinho was the problem with Pogba.

Sorry but I just can't get the conversations we had here months ago off my head. Safe for me now to assume that perhaps it was the other way round. Pogba was Mourinho's problem and rather than back the manager, Woodward backed his big investment.

I still have faith in Ole. But I am now convinced that his success hinges on getting rid of Pogba and rebuilding the team with better balance and non reliance on one unreliable super star.

Hughie77

All this could well be a way of getting more cash out of club? He's got another 2 yrs and option of another I think left? Courting a move to Real ? I think he be here next season.

Velvet Revolver

I'd hold out for £140.

£35m for Bruno Fernandes, £45m for Rice, £60m for Neves. Backed up by Matic, McTominay and Fred.

I just want a new spine that actually have a spine! No more moody players, no more psychologically weak players.

We need natural born captains in midfield to allow the defence and attack to fulfil their potential.

Unrealistic, I know. But I'm fed up watching United players who don't feel the pain when they lose.
yet you single out pogba! Pogba is not the issue but no one wants to admit that!

Dansk

How can anyone be surprised that one player isn't at 100% when the entire team around him is a total disaster? Nobody in this squad plays well consistently. Not one player. Whatever it is that causes this club to rot from the inside has even caught up with De Gea who had otherwise been good until this season. And somehow nobody wants to figure out what the hell the problem actually is, you just figure that every player has just individually turned to shit of their own accord.

Pogba is one of the best players in the world. There's a fecking reason he cost as much as he did. If he leaves, we'll be regretting it just as much and for just as long as we did with Ronaldo. For some bizarre reason, all the chaos and dysfunction at the club gets a pass for being the reason our players can't play. People just conclude that the players, to a man, must apparently just be bad at football. It's so idiotic. Until that's addressed and sorted out, we'll continue to sign player after player who was great when we got him but promptly turns to shit when they arrive here. And you'll just continue to say "get rid, sign someone else!"

Sack the manager! Sack Ed! Buy a new squad! Stick your heads in the sand!

pauldyson1uk

It’ll take Coutinho type money and you could argue Coutinho had a much better season before being sold
I agree with you , but will any club pay that sort of money for him ?
OK so he got in the PFA team of the year ! but his season has been poor.
Sometimes he just does not interested in playing , when he loses the ball he either stands there or sits on the floor moaning like a spoilt brat ! and then the next game he will be very good , there is no consistency in his play.
Is his problem he does not have the right players round him ? Should we build the team round him ? again I dont know.
If he stays he has to want to play and be 100% committed to United , if not then he must leave, but at the right price .

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Only sell if we‘re offered stupid money like 180m or more. Otherwise, I hope we can keep him and finally add some quality

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
pogba will always be a disruptive influence Manchester united deserve's better than that
No he won’t, and he never has been.

Unless you believe mourinho who’s clearly just trying to cover his own ass with excuses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just read that Rakitic said that" he loves to play for Barca and wants to stay no matter what there". Player who is wanted by Inter and Juve and every English club. Same goes for every Barca player. I can't remember when any our good player said that. Only deadwood like Jones, Rojo or Lingard say that because they know that they hit jackpot by playing for United.

I am so jealous on Barca.