g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mainoldo

I just don't get how people think getting £150 million for him, which we won't, is some kind of victory for us, and also assume that all this will be reinvested.

A well run club would have set a deadline to get this done, and have a replacement either already here, or ready to go, not be sat here not knowing if your best player is going to turn up for the tour, have his agent chatting crap, and purchasing clubs smelling blood.

Realistically if he's going he should be gone by now, but this will drag on for weeks, especially if we're holding out for £150 million as so many think we should, I just can't see us having the time, or ability in the transfer market to replace him properly, if at all.
This whole saga is just more evidence of us being a joke. I mean we are supposed to be improving the team we can’t even get that right.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just don't get how people think getting £150 million for him, which we won't, is some kind of victory for us, and also assume that all this will be reinvested.

A well run club would have set a deadline to get this done, and have a replacement either already here, or ready to go, not be sat here not knowing if your best player is going to turn up for the tour, have his agent chatting crap, and purchasing clubs smelling blood.

Realistically if he's going he should be gone by now, but this will drag on for weeks, especially if we're holding out for £150 million as so many think we should, I just can't see us having the time, or ability in the transfer market to replace him properly, if at all.
I guess people are trying to be hopeful but deep down we all have this feeling of dread. Just a month left before the start of the new season and so many issues still unresolved

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly he played deeper. He played the same role he was failing in with Mourinho and it made no sense. Okay maybe Herrera was actually ‘injured’ but we could have gave Fred his role which we didn’t and we even deployed McTomminay more advanced than Pogba in games I.e. Wolves.

It was just a tactical mess and to be honest I actually hope we get the money for him because I can see us playing the same way with him next season. I mean are we even looking to replace Herrera. It’s just strange how we are being ran at the minute.
Yeah I don't agree with that role either. He was very good and should have been left to play same role. Playing him deeper messed it up.

The post I replied to was talking about Pogba as DM and deepest mid in last 10 games which never happened.

Hawks2008

It really does hurt that it's gone this way with Pogba.

I think he's a good kid at heart, someone with a natural flair on the pitch and a love for life off it.

And I will take someone whose worst crime is a proclivity for shit haircuts and dancing over people who get done for drink driving or shag their brother's wife...

But sadly Pogba for one reason or another has decided that he doesn't want to be here and he has already been enough of a circus, so get rid before our pre-season gets derailed.

He will go to Juve or Madrid and do well and we'll be told that we made a mistake in getting rid, but the truth is that he's not at the level of a Keane, Vieira, Gerrard or Scholes in that they would all elevate a team or dictate a game. Pogba is a nothing player unless the team is perfectly tuned up.

FAR better players than Pogba have left United – let's just get rid and move on. Maybe we can sneak Lingard into his suitcase.
Great post. Hope this can all be resolved before it gets too toxic.

clarkydaz

The more I've watched him, I just don't think he's suited to the way the Premier League has gone. I think Italy could well be the best league to showcase his talents. Given the way the game has evolved in England, I think there are very real doubts about his stamina and ability to thrive under the insane level of pressure on the ball. He's a brilliant technician, but the game has passed him by a fair few times in his time here. I just think he's been quite spoilt and cosseted throughout his career. Even at Juve they carved out a specific free-ish sort of role for him to showcase his talents. He can play a disciplined role, but he's not great at it and you blunt his true talents. I think we have too many major issues to be messing around trying to unlock the enigma of Pogba.
He will look great again in leagues where people stand off and let him stud roll the ball. A common problem he faced here is against the likes of Huddersfield he will wrestle off a challenge and think he is free, then the opponent comes back immediately for a second bite and he loses the ball.

Also against Barca and PSG he was nowhere to be seen, while Mctominay and Fred having better games than him

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Pogba was training in New York wearing a jersey of his brother's Atalanta FC. If Pogba decides to boycott Australia in demand for a move, United's bargaining power will be seriously affected notwithstanding the fact that he still has three years on his contract. United's best bet is if several clubs become more interested in him, which is not the case at the moment.

C'est Moi Cantona

I guess people are trying to be hopeful but deep down we all have this feeling of dread. Just a month left before the start of the new season and so many issues still unresolved
I understand the hopeful part, if you can't be that in the close season then it's sad, but it was the same last summer, it was staring us in the face what was about to happen, and this time around, it's looking worse.

We just refuse to change, so I don't understand how things are going to get better, but you never know we might have something up our sleeve yet.

el3mel

It's ironically how he fell out with all his 3 United managers but for his fanboys it's all their fault and we are now "Sir Alex stans". Imagine having a United fan calling you that. I have seen it all.

Well yeah of course all of us are "Sir Alex stans". :lol: Seriously WTF? Most of us grew up knowing nothing other than him as United manager and he was our idol. Is that hard to realize by a United fan? :lol:

rotherham_red

Well said there. That's the most frustrating part for me.
The other thing is: he's 26, going on 27. He's not a young player with the room to develop any more. This is him. And if his spell here is anything to go by, he'll always be this inconsistent player who's prone to peaks and troughs in form. He's still that cherry on top of the cake when he should have been the whole cake.

That's what's most disappointing about his career thus far. Being in a bad team shouldn't have caused him to stall in his development in the way it has. That's on him. It should have been the perfect setting for him to kick on and become one of the best players in Europe. It certainly didn't stop Gerrard, who's a similar profile and just one example.

Relfy

If he doesn't turn up for the tour then he needs to be sold before the squad get home from the tour. Allowing him to take part with anything to do with the first team would see him spread his mood/virus throughout the squad which is the last thing we need. Get him sold to the highest bidder and have him out before the lads get home. Ole needs to get them to forget about him and build a positive atmosphere ASAP.

I would prefer we sought a straight up cash deal, but in reality if Madrid come calling they will be offering players in exchange to balance their books. Varane could answer our needs at CB, and Ceballos looks decent too. Just so long as we don't take Bale, or if we do as a bonus to a player we do take without paying his wages.

We do need to start replacing him now. Has Tielemens signed with Leicester yet? I personally rate him and he'd be a good start. If we could add Bruno and one of Ndidi or Maddison I think we'd be a better team for it. I haven't seen enough of Longstaff to comment whether he is worth pursuing or not.

Roboc7

I don’t see point in allowing this to drag on for another season, it’s clear there’s no long term future for him and if Ole is trying to build a team that presses and works harder he will only undermine it.

Can’t see either of Madrid or Juve giving us 150m so it’s going to be cash and a player or keep him for another season.

Similar problem to what we have with Lukaku, it’s either keep players who will probably under perform or sell for less than market value. Obviously can’t sell at drastically reduced prices but around 200m for both is about as good as it will get.

worldinmotion66

When will a club take a stand on a player who thinks it's acceptable to not join his team on tour, do whatever he wants and not honour his contract? Player power is completely out of control, and the governing bodies are doing nothing to even try to shackle it. The sport is becoming a complete joke.

Demand £150m and fine him for every week that he doesn't show up. Play the long game and do not budge from our valuation. I don't care if he's rotting in the reserves, he has three years to wait for his move, we have other kids that actually want to play for the club. Make a stance and grow some bollocks.

Bestietom

I don’t see point in allowing this to drag on for another season, it’s clear there’s no long term future for him and if Ole is trying to build a team that presses and works harder he will only undermine it.

Can’t see either of Madrid or Juve giving us 150m so it’s going to be cash and a player or keep him for another season.

Similar problem to what we have with Lukaku, it’s either keep players who will probably under perform or sell for less than market value. Obviously can’t sell at drastically reduced prices but around 200m for both is about as good as it will get.
80million plus Isco would be ok with me.

Litch

Can't add anything more than what's already been said but could the start of this season be anymore disruptive?

kouroux

The other thing is: he's 26, going on 27. He's not a young player with the room to develop any more. This is him. And if his spell here is anything to go by, he'll always be this inconsistent player who's prone to peaks and troughs in form. He's still that cherry on top of the cake when he should have been the whole cake.

That's what's most disappointing about his career thus far. Being in a bad team shouldn't have caused him to stall in his development in the way it has. That's on him. It should have been the perfect setting for him to kick on and become one of the best players in Europe. It certainly didn't stop Gerrard, who's a similar profile and just one example.
He has the football tools to be the whole cake but he was never meant to be on IMHO. As fans we expected way too much from him whereas nothing really indicated he'd be that kinda player. My issue with him is the inconsistency in intensity, without being our savior who'd carry us on his back, I think there is a middle ground he could have easily found by pushing himself more. If I felt like he gave his absolute best in terms of effort in most games and the team still struggled, I would have no issue with him.

Guapa

When will a club take a stand on a player who thinks it's acceptable to not join his team on tour, do whatever he wants and not honour his contract? Player power is completely out of control, and the governing bodies are doing nothing to even try to shackle it. The sport is becoming a complete joke.

Demand £150m and fine him for every week that he doesn't show up. Play the long game and do not budge from our valuation. I don't care if he's rotting in the reserves, he has three years to wait for his move, we have other kids that actually want to play for the club. Make a stance and grow some bollocks.
This.

rotherham_red

He has the football tools to be the whole cake but he was never meant to be on IMHO. As fans we expected way too much from him whereas nothing really indicated he'd be that kinda player. My issue with him is the inconsistency in intensity, without being our savior who'd carry us on his back, I think there is a middle ground he could have easily found by pushing himself more. If I felt like he gave his absolute best in terms of effort in most games and the team still struggled, I would have no issue with him.
I think he has all the physical and technical tools to be it but the most important one: the will or inclination to do so is what's missing. Before he arrived, he said he wanted to be that player but upon arriving it was quickly apparent that it was just words.

Yeah, the lack of effort towards the end of last season, when top 4 was still in reach was unforgivable. It was that last month or so which really broke my support of him. It was absolutely disgusting. Ole shaped the team around him and he promptly shat on him after two good months. Like I said, unforgivable.

Patrick08

It’s sad but actually true. As soon as we changed our tactics and did some internal Herrera disciplining. We crashed out of the top 4 race.
That was the need of the hour with Matic and Herrera injured. But pogba is a selfish prick. All he cares about himself , his assists , his goals, his pay cut, not about the team and the club.

Also nothing was stopping him to join in attacking areas from left side of the three, he is just lazy and shit at it, he doesn't know how to time his runs inside the box and affect both offensively and defensively, but that's all, he has won the world cup so no manager should tell him to play for the team and play little bit in the controlling way. Selfish prick.

Mainoldo

Inappropriate Behavior
That was the need of the hour with Matic and Herrera injured. But pogba is a selfish prick. All he cares about himself , his assists , his goals, his pay cut, not about the team and the club.

Also nothing was stopping him to join in attacking areas from left side of the three, he is just lazy and shit at it, he doesn't know how to time his runs inside the box and affect both offensively and defensively, but that's all, he has won the world cup so no manager should tell him to play for the team and play little bit in the controlling way. Selfish prick.
Are you on your period? Do you want a cranberry juice?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
120M from Juventus for both Pogba and Sanchez sounds well right now. The latter is an addition by subtraction that saves a ton of money.

kouroux

What are you talking about ? Is he AWOL ? I think the club gave him more days of rest no ?

Beaucoup

I would sell him tomorrow, however, I have absolutely zero faith that we’ll spend the money on the right players.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
As a City fan, I hope you keep Pogba.

I think that says a lot about him.

Eric's Seagull

Think this needs to get done now although I would have preferred it to get sorted out sooner. Don't want Pog the Jog around sulking for another year and also by next year his value will go down so we will be loosing money as well.

tony54

What options do we have if we are trying to sell Pogba
1. 85m + Isco for Pogba
2. 90m + Douglas Costa for Pogba
3. 150m for Pogba
4. 50m + Pogba for Neymar
5. 40m + Isco + Kroos for Pogba
I don't honestly think we will get a 100 million for this toxic person. Talk about being big headed and useless.

OrangeRed

Good god I envy Liverpool at this point selling Coutinho and spending it right. There is no way we are going to do the same.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How many times have we kept a big player that the majority of fans wanted rid of, and it didn't work out? I just think back to in Ronaldo in 2006 when it definitely seemed like the majority were ambivalent at best, and many wanted rid. Is there an obvious example in reverse?

tony54

It will be a long summer. I hope for him that he will be a Real Madrid's player next season. He's too good to waste his prime here blamed for everything.
I will tell you now categorily, that pogba will never grace the playing fields of Real or Barca unless as an opposing team player.

Full bodied red

I'd just 'Schweinsteiger ' him until someone coughs up an acceptable offer for him.

Nobody should be allowed to treat the club and us like something stuck under the bottom of their shoe the way he is doing now.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'd just 'Schweinsteiger ' him until someone coughs up an acceptable offer for him.

Nobody should be allowed to treat the club and us like something stuck under the bottom of their shoe the way he is doing now.
Problem is, his price reduces the longer we do that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
3 years here and we never built the team around him. What an importance :lol:

And if you think that he isn't good enough to be THE GUY, at least try to create a good team with Pogba as a sidekick.

But no ! we prefered to waste 3 years and now we are surprised that he wants to leave ?

And if we talk about the issues off the pitch... I can't see one reason that may convince him to stay :confused:
Who is the team built around then? Juan Mata? You appear to want us to devote one player solely to hold his hand for 90 minutes.

Pogba has been our star/main man since he re joined the football club. Now there's many reasons why it hasn't quite worked out. The club is to fault for being poorly managed. And Pogba has disappointed in his own individual displays as well. I have no issues with him wanting to leave - he's in the prime of his career and understandably wants to compete for top honours. At the same time, we haven't let victim Pogba down either. People being overly hash or the club come across as clearly biased one way or the other.

tony54

If he doesn't turn up for the tour then he needs to be sold before the squad get home from the tour. Allowing him to take part with anything to do with the first team would see him spread his mood/virus throughout the squad which is the last thing we need. Get him sold to the highest bidder and have him out before the lads get home. Ole needs to get them to forget about him and build a positive atmosphere ASAP.
This is exactly the way he should be treated. He should be banned from ever entering the grounds again.
Ollie and Woodward have become laughing stocks around the world, the former for treating Pogba with respect when in reality hr is just an immature adult.
If they don't get the team playing good football this year then Woodard, Ollie and the glaziers are finished in football.
I would have thought that the fans would have walked before now but as Keano says, there are too many posh sandwich eaters, or words to that affect, who will always fill the stands.

Full bodied red

Problem is, his price reduces the longer we do that.

Aaahh but.....From how much to how much ?

Someone made a great post the other day - just tell him that we're going to leave him to rot in the reserves for another three years if necessary.

And then leave it to him and his slimeball agent to convince someone to pony up enough money to stop that rot.