Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sterling Archer

Who gives a feck what the pizza bastard wants or says? The club's position has been made clear and unless Real sell big, they likely won't be able to afford getting him in this summer irregardless of how much the fat man talks and attempts to speak it into existence.

He likes to believe that he has more power than he actually does but it's these clubs that will always get the final say. Unless you're an agent with legitimate ownership ties like Mendes, you can't just bully clubs into doing what's the most financially advantageous for you
I'd like to know whether it is truly just Raiola or actually Pogba behind the scenes pushing.

Denis' cuff

I'd like to know whether it is truly just Raiola or actually Pogba behind the scenes pushing.
I’m sure Pogba has, at times, expressed dissatisfaction, as would be common with a lot of players at a lot of other clubs but there’s no doubt whatsoever, in my mind, this disgusting creature is at the heart of it. It’s how he makes his money.

So much has been said about Pogba, pos and neg, about him and most is actually true. The one thing that makes me want him to stay is that I just don’t trust the owners to replace him wi5h sufficient quality. Having said that, it’s alright having the quality but he needs to apply it more consistently. If Ole can get them moving and motivated again, that will probably have a positive effect on Poggers but we’re always going to have that arsehole of an agent manipulating at every chance.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Will he be 100% committed to the cause if he doesnt get his move and is forced to stay put? I guess it could be argued even an 80% committed Pogba is better than whoever Woody and co will bring in as his replacement.

poleglass red

Will he be 100% committed to the cause if he doesnt get his move and is forced to stay put? I guess it could be argued even an 80% committed Pogba is better than whoever Woody and co will bring in as his replacement.
I think the only way he stays is if Real don't pay up. He has a value they have to meet like we do with Maguire. Is it inflated, hell yeah, but that's the market we are in.Real knew as far back as March he was interested in them, yet they prioritised other signings ahead of him. I'd imagine if he stays, he would, you'd hope, want to show them what they missed out on.

DFreshKing

I'd prefer us to come out with a firm statement on Pogba. Tell any suitors that unless our valuation is met in full by a set date (end of July at the latest) and a transfer request has be requested in writing the player will not be sold.

We should make it crystal clear if they want something to happen it is on our terms only - per our contracts. If this goes on until September it will be joke. Non of this wishy washy, setting him a challenge, building a team around him etc... Put up or shut up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dare say this is Raiola setting the wheels in motion for next season. He can't seriously have seen anyone offering 150m upwards. And in a summer where we'll probably ship 80m on Maguire, we couldn't be seen to be selling Pogba for not much more!

In a year it'll look more awkward though, and we might have to go for 100m max.

rotherham_red

I dare say this is Raiola setting the wheels in motion for next season. He can't seriously have seen anyone offering 150m upwards. And in a summer where we'll probably ship 80m on Maguire, we couldn't be seen to be selling Pogba for not much more!

But we'll have two years on his contract though due to the option. We'll still hold all the cards and we could easily hold out for £150m-180m if we so wished.

I'm not too fussed either way with this. If he stays, great. If he leaves, equally so. A year is a long time in football and anything can happen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But we'll have two years on his contract though due to the option. We'll still hold all the cards and we could easily hold out for £150m-180m if we so wished.

I'm not too fussed either way with this. If he stays, great. If he leaves, equally so. A year is a long time in football and anything can happen.
2 years isn't a safe zone. It's basically the last real opportunity you have to get a decent price. Hazard was a real rarity in still getting such a good fee with a year left. But that's Chelsea, they've been squeezing excellent fees for years.

Oldyella

Yeah. Real always seemed committed to spending big on Hazard too. Next season they may target Pogba as their big name.

If we get back into the CL we might be in a stronger position, accepting fact his contract will be reduced in length.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
2 years isn't a safe zone. It's basically the last real opportunity you have to get a decent price. Hazard was a real rarity in still getting such a good fee with a year left. But that's Chelsea, they've been squeezing excellent fees for years.
I agree. If he stays this season, we need to tie him to a longer deal. People mention Ronaldo and Hazard, but they are exceptions, and both of them match winners.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah. Real always seemed committed to spending big on Hazard too. Next season they may target Pogba as their big name.

If we get back into the CL we might be in a stronger position, accepting fact his contract will be reduced in length.
The thing with Raiola, is that he doesn't really care if he gets his client a move or a new contract - it's just about him getting him and his player a big wad.
So the latter will remain an option, and there's every chance we tie him up.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the one thing I hope doesn't come of all this is a huge new pay day for Pogba.. meanwhile the Sun (I think) has what is obviously the absolute truth:

· Juventus are willing to offer Joao Cancelo, Blaise Matuidi and Douglas Costa to Manchester United to help them win the race for Paul Pogba.

Moriarty

Only a day after these comments from Ole about building the team around Pogba and offering him a new challenge, Raiola comes out and says it isn't the end.

Is Raiola actually unsettling the player or is it Pogba's true desire?
Would Raiola do such a thing without Pogba's approval? I still think he'll go before the end of August.

RedTechsture

Supports
Shrewsbury Town FC
IMO if a a pitbull player is put next to Pogba in the 2 MF in front of the defence, and allow Pogba to play his own game instead of trying to carry Matic et al, he will be mustard.
At the moment he is the scape goat.
He doesnt help himself having that leach as an agent but I think the toxic mixture of Him (the agent) clearly wanting a bit of commission this summer, and the Medias obsessions with Pogba and the Club have blown this all out of proportion. (But as said.....Pogba woulddo well to tell the tw@t to shut up speaking to the press on his behalf)

Pogbas going nowhere and hopefully the club put a warrior next to him to allow him to play the ball we paid that level of money for

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Only a day after these comments from Ole about building the team around Pogba and offering him a new challenge, Raiola comes out and says it isn't the end.

Is Raiola actually unsettling the player or is it Pogba's true desire?
When did he say that? As per reports he said
ON POGBA - "Pogba? There is nothing, nobody has ever written to me. I live my life one day at a time.

StrettyEnder07

Be very surprised if he leaves now, we only have a week or two to replace him if he does go, unless there is a player involved, say Isco and 70/80M or whatever but think he will stay now until next summer at least.

Eric's Seagull

Be very surprised if he leaves now, we only have a week or two to replace him if he does go, unless there is a player involved, say Isco and 70/80M or whatever but think he will stay now until next summer at least.
Read that Pogba to Juventus may still be on according to Raiola. I read before they were willing to offer Dybala, Sandro and Costa which I would gladly take.

Steven-UK

Pogba is going nowhere.

We'll still be moaning about him next season when he vanishes against all but the minnow teams.

Eric's Seagull

Pogba is going nowhere.

We'll still be moaning about him next season when he vanishes against all but the minnow teams.
Seems as if it going to be be like that. But I hope you're wrong. I hope if he stays, he doesn't moan, is fully committed and turns up all the time consistently not just when he feels like, as he is amazing on his day. Just needs to show consistency mate.

Eric's Seagull

Swap deals rarely happen, let alone swapping 3 players for 1!
I realise that and it's more than likely not going to happen. I'm just hoping that should Pogba end up that he goes Juve not Madrid. That offer is maybe a load of crap what I read but would really like for it to happen mate:drool:

clarkydaz

the sky sports reporter who does United was interviewed by United Stand and had no problem saying he feels Pogba will simply go where the money is

poleglass red

I don't seen any legit truth in the Juve links, if anything it's possibly being fed by his agent to force Real's hand

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Read that Pogba to Juventus may still be on according to Raiola. I read before they were willing to offer Dybala, Sandro and Costa which I would gladly take.
I'd be on the first flight out and be sharpening my teeth to bite their blood arm off

United Roar

I still think Pogba will go a compromise will be met before the deadline.

If Real don't get Pogba and keep the same squad they won't win La Liga Barcelona will win it again.

Luke1995

If PSG were to sell Neymar, would they have the money to make a move for Pogba or still the financial fair play is bothering them ?

DoomSlayer

I still think Pogba will go a compromise will be met before the deadline.

If Real don't get Pogba and keep the same squad they won't win La Liga Barcelona will win it again.
And what compromise would we get from that?

It's done, no way Pogba is sold now - it's way too late already. We can barely get a normal signing in 2-3 weeks, there is no chance we get someone major if we sell the Frenchman right before the transfer deadline day.

Ole spoke about giving him a new challenge, our manager would not be doing this if he isn't staying. Look at Lukaku's situation, he's going and not even been played at all on the tour. It shows what the intentions are clearly with him, Solskjaer isn't doing anything like that with Pogba.

United Roar

And what compromise would we get from that?

It's done, no way Pogba is sold now - it's way too late already. We can barely get a normal signing in 2-3 weeks, there is no chance we get someone major if we sell the Frenchman right before the transfer deadline day.

Ole spoke about giving him a new challenge, our manager would not be doing this if he isn't staying. Look at Lukaku's situation, he's going and not even been played at all on the tour. It shows what the intentions are clearly with him, Solskjaer isn't doing anything like that with Pogba.
It's not too late until the transfer window slams shut. When Real want a player 9 times out of ten they get their man this saga isn't over yet.

Pogba will walk all over Ole again next season, just like he did towards the end of the season and with Jose. He only turns up when he feels like it that is wrong on so many levels we can't afford to carry passengers.