Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

croadyman

No, I think if you analyse this again, you will find how self important you think you are to bother posting about it, which in part makes you incredibly annoying, but you are just going be one of those people that make out its the lack of the other person's humour, its 'banter' etc :rolleyes:
I would not blame Pogba for leaving the club at the end of this window, maybe then people will realise just how much creativity he provided and how unfair it is to put this pressure on youth products.

We are an injury to him away from an absolute unmitigated disaster and that is so tough to take

doomy20

Not securing Dybala due to not wanting to spend money which is obviously available
Selling our big target man up front without replacing
Not blaming Pog for wanting out of this none existent ambition

rio's upper lip

Scenario: Real slaps 150 million on the table after some sales. We accept, Pogba leaves. We're unable to properly replace him.

Net spend will be -£80m. Matic, McTominay and Mata will run the show centrally all season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not securing Dybala due to not wanting to spend money which is obviously available
Yeah I'm sure this one isn't over yet.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Anyone wanting him out wants their head’s checking. We may as well totally forfeit this season if he were to go. We have an absolutely horrible midfield without him. Bottom half PL level.

red4ever 79

Dybala didnt want to come here, and who could blame him.

fergosaurus

I feel a bit hypocritical for wanting Pogba to stay when I don't want us signing players who aren't keen to play here, but the fact is if he goes we're utterly fecked. With the Euros next season he won't be able to down tools so hopefully we get the best out of him.

Betson

It is clear he wants to leave but to be fair to him he is been quite professional about it(so far) and does not look like he is going to sulk if he does not get his move this summer.

As inconsistent as he is he is still a big player for us this season and his form will will go a long way to determining where we will finish.

No way he leaves now with no replacement in place.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Anyone wanting him out wants their head’s checking. We may as well totally forfeit this season if he were to go. We have an absolutely horrible midfield without him. Bottom half PL level.
I want him out but understand that we can't let him leave now, there's a big difference. I don't feel I want my head checking at all. I hate the fact that we have this guy who we've paid massive money for that wants away from the club we all love. I know we don't know exactly what has been happening behind the scenes but it's pretty clear him and his agent are trying to get him out of UTD. But unfortunately you're right, we do have a horrible MF without him.

I hope we get replacements in place for either Jan or next summer, get them in and get rid of this guy and his scumbag agent. An unhappy Pogba could cause all sorts of problems for us off the pitch this year and I just hope he's not stupid enough to let any unhappiness affect his performances on the pitch until his obvious departure next summer. If he want's his dream move he needs to show potential buyers his worth.

I just hope our club isn't stupid enough to let him go once our transfer window shuts. Suicide.

JoaquinJoaquin

Our transfer budget next summer will be the money we get back from Pogba in addition to our standard 70m. So alot of people wanting him out will get their wish.

Werder Herzog

Seems he wont go this summer with Real now wanting Neymar and nobody else really being able to afford him it seems, but we should have let him go and we are on a hiding to nothing when he downs tools again. Having said that i dont have the faith the money would have been re-invested- were in a mess.

IrishMcD

You just know exactly what's going to happen here, Ed going to sell him next summer and reinvest the money with maybe another few quid on top. That'll be it. And we will look even weaker than we already do. Shambles of a window again. Glazers are parasites and Ed Woodward is an absolute cnut.

marktan

Feel a bit sorry for him, playing with no one in midfield and Martial, Rashford, Lingard.. hardly inspiring is it. I predict hell lose the ball countless times this season purely because there's not really a lot of quality for him to pass to.

Volumiza

Feel a bit sorry for him, playing with no one in midfield and Martial, Rashford, Lingard.. hardly inspiring is it. I predict hell lose the ball countless times this season purely because there's not really a lot of quality for him to pass to.
Yep, I feel very sorry for him. Playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world on wages I can only dream of.

My advice to him in his terribly hard predicament is 'get your head down and play your heart out you ****' . Sorry, I have no pity for him at all regardless of who he plays with.

marktan

Yep, I feel very sorry for him. Playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world on wages I can only dream of.

My advice to him in his terribly hard predicament is 'get your head down and play your heart out you ****' . Sorry, I have no pity for him at all regardless of who he plays with.
While I agree with the sentiment I feel to many posters on here think Pogba should be more like Viera or Gerrard, energetic box to box midfielders. He's always been more Zidane than Viera - he won't bust a gut attacking and defending but what he has is class on the ball. Zidane himself was thought of as inconsistent at times at Real.

I think Pogba will struggle next season, he always does better with an energetic midfield around him (Vidal, Kante, Matuidi). Mctominay I hope will step up but other then that we don't really have any one.

Volumiza

While I agree with the sentiment I feel to many posters on here think Pogba should be more like Viera or Gerrard, energetic box to box midfielders. He's always been more Zidane than Viera - he won't bust a gut attacking and defending but what he has is class on the ball. Zidane himself was thought of as inconsistent at times at Real.

I think Pogba will struggle next season, he always does better with an energetic midfield around him (Vidal, Kante, Matuidi). Mctominay I hope will step up but other then that we don't really have any one.
No, it's not about being a Gerrard or Viera, just perform as well as you can at all times. Earn your money. Be professional, that's all. We all know he's class. It's my main issue with him.

RedNed77

I can see him leaving this window. Real are twats and I can see them going full twat in the next couple of weeks. We'll have strikes, chair throwing by Mino and we'll be left with having to accept an offer lower than what we wanted. It's all well and good Ole saying he wants to build the team around him, but he has shown his hand in the way he has handled Lukaku and we are now in a position where we have had to accept Inters offer. It's not difficult to see Pogba's path out of the club, he can't exile Lukaku to the reserves in the name of team harmony then allow Pogba to just do whatever the feck he wants. I can't see Ole will want to keep a disgruntled Pogba around, regardless of whether we need him or not. It's just down to whether Real can scrape together enough cash as a deposit to make a deal on instalments just about palatable.

For what its worth, as much as Pogba may not be my favourite player, he's integral to our team currently and losing him will be a disaster for this season.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I can see him leaving this window. Real are twats and I can see them going full twat in the next couple of weeks. We'll have strikes, chair throwing by Mino and we'll be left with having to accept an offer lower than what we wanted. It's all well and good Ole saying he wants to build the team around him, but he has shown his hand in the way he has handled Lukaku and we are now in a position where we have had to accept Inters offer. It's not difficult to see Pogba's path out of the club, he can't exile Lukaku to the reserves in the name of team harmony then allow Pogba to just do whatever the feck he wants. I can't see Ole will want to keep a disgruntled Pogba around, regardless of whether we need him or not. It's just down to whether Real can scrape together enough cash as a deposit to make a deal on instalments just about palatable.

For what its worth, as much as Pogba may not be my favourite player, he's integral to our team currently and losing him will be a disaster for this season.
We have absolutely no incentive to sell him now after the deadline has passed and we can't replace him.

Eric's Seagull

That is the issue that makes me afraid is that we are an injury to McTominay away from being screwed :nervous:

RedNed77

We have absolutely no incentive to sell him now after the deadline has passed and we can't replace him.
I feel Ole's been all about team harmony and everybody pulling together to one aim. I don't see how that is compatible with a player who wants out and one who, whilst talented, is already unpopular amongst large portions of the playing staff for having a bigger than everybody else attitude. I also can't see Pogba taking such a keen view on our transfer activity this summer.

Jambalaya

Start poorly,draw witch Chelsea and lose to Wolverhampton,and i can see him pushing for the move.

Sterling Archer

You just know this is going to turn into a circus after the deadline closes.
leaving Pogba with the heavy burden of this teams success again, dropping out of signings left and right including his mate...

...Pogba has every right to leave. In a sort of masochistic way, I hope he does. Maybe it would be the catalyst we need.

Adnandos

At this point cant blame him for wanting to leave. We’ve done a brilliant job of surrounding him with midfield quality of Matic and Fred since he has come back. Imagine the frustration of going from Pirlo and Marchisio, as well as Kante and Matuidi at the national level, to fecking Fred and Matic.

Rolaholic

I feel Ole's been all about team harmony and everybody pulling together to one aim. I don't see how that is compatible with a player who wants out and one who, whilst talented, is already unpopular amongst large portions of the playing staff for having a bigger than everybody else attitude. I also can't see Pogba taking such a keen view on our transfer activity this summer.
Literally all of our players who have spoken about him publicly have said the total opposite but go on with your made up narrative,we're in need of another good scapegoat now that Lukaku is gone.

You're probably more privy to insider dressing room info than they are anyway

Judas

Open to offers
He doesn't have the character to carry us on his back like he's being asked to, and honestly that's not his fault. We should be building around him, not trusting him to be the answer to every question.

soralapio

No, it's not about being a Gerrard or Viera, just perform as well as you can at all times. Earn your money. Be professional, that's all. We all know he's class. It's my main issue with him.
If it was that easy, sports psychology would not be a field of science. Or hell, PSYCHOLOGY wouldn't be a field of science. "Just perform as well as you can at all times" is a shockingly ignorant comment, because these are human beings we're talking about and you can't flip some switch to "100% performance" and call it a day. It's a complicated topic, and if Pogba is unhappy, disillusioned or whatever, that will absolutely show in his performance as well. This is a sport where peak performance requires absolute mental concentration, and you can't force or fake that.

flappyjay

Apparently he is nice guy not just around the dressing room but also the clubs staff. Even the way he is handling things right now is much better than a certain fat player who was thought to be the better professional of the 2.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Is he unpopular? News to me.

While I’m not a Pogba devotee, I think he’s professional enough off the pitch to do what’s right for another year when he’ll certainly get his move.

marktan

He did have some underwhelming games last season true (as did most of the team), I just feel it'll continue as one of his best attributes are through balls, and aside from Rashford we don't have anyone who makes the runs and can bury chances. So Pogba when playing deep for us is a bit pointless. He does it for France but he has Griezmann, Mbappe and Giroid making runs. We really need to just play him as an AM.

United Hobbit

This is why the decision to close the English transfer window so much earlier than the other countries feels unfair. As now Real Madrid for example could come in in a week's time, slap a huge offer on the table and Pogba leaves, leaving us right up the creek without a paddle given weve also not replaced Lukaku

nycender

Wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave. Do I want that? Of course not, but we talk a bigger game than any club and when we try and recruit players but then act like minnows in the market with no ambition.

djembatheking

It is all set for Madrid to start unsettling him with lowball offers after the window is closed . I want him gone as I don`t want players at the club that don`t want to be here but to let him go now with no chance to replace him would be batshit crazy .

Volumiza

If it was that easy, sports psychology would not be a field of science. Or hell, PSYCHOLOGY wouldn't be a field of science. "Just perform as well as you can at all times" is a shockingly ignorant comment, because these are human beings we're talking about and you can't flip some switch to "100% performance" and call it a day. It's a complicated topic, and if Pogba is unhappy, disillusioned or whatever, that will absolutely show in his performance as well. This is a sport where peak performance requires absolute mental concentration, and you can't force or fake that.
Yep, I get all of that and as an ex-personal trainer I agree.

Bottom line is I’m not a fan. Wonderful footballer as he is I think the sooner we can get a decent replacement and let him leave the better for all parties. It’s damaging for his teammates, the club and us fans having such a high profile player wanting out so openly.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It is all set for Madrid to start unsettling him with lowball offers after the window is closed . I want him gone as I don`t want players at the club that don`t want to be here but to let him go now with no chance to replace him would be batshit crazy .
How does that work exactly?

I would say a player's agent is well informed of the real offers going on. If there are people who get unsettled by offers (true or not) leaked to the media those are the fans among others.

Patrick08

I don't blame him now one bit if he wants out next summer. He is gone in my opinion, surely deserves better.

It's the first time I am saying this.