Pogba is the best midfielder in the world

Flexdegea

So, again we have excuse for him why he didn't have good game. Same like after the PSG game. Okay, I am definitely not commentating his performances anymore, I will admit I am wrong and that I don't understand his role on the pitch.

Haven't been his biggest fan most of his time at the club........but he had a good game today mostly from a defensive side.

Stuck in start to finish, makes a change for him.

He has been outstanding since ole came in

Judas

Open to offers
Bit weird to see anyone slagging him off after today. For what a mess the game was, and the makeshift team around him, did fine, no complaints from me.

I would say it seems kind of obvious that him and Sanchez really don't work great together, there's no chemistry there. They combined for that great goal against City back end of last season, but beyond that, yeah just doesn't look right.

Dave89

I thought he was man of the match, no offense to Shaw. Put a real shift in.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He isn't the best in these sort of games. Could have done more, I'm just being real. One of his weaknesses is aggression and grabbing the game by scruff of the neck when not everything falls in his favour. Didn't play bad, he did fine, just not special this time.

Slik

He isn't the best in these sort of games. Could have done more, I'm just being real. One of his weaknesses is aggression and grabbing the game by scruff of the neck when not everything falls in his favour. Didn't play bad, he did fine, just not special this time.
Bar ronaldo and Messi which player is special in every game. The important thing is having a good game and being consistent as well as being special often. And Pogba has been doing that since ole came in. He was good today and has shown consistency since December. Great

RooneyLegend

Wow, how does he get criticism for that? the man was a juggernaut in defence. The sort he was at Juve and hasn't been here. That was the sort of game that has me convinced he could one day captain us.

Canagel

nothing suprising. even in Juventus he had no problems defending and regularly dominated his side of the pitch offensive and defense. even guardiola once had said Pogba played in like 10 different positions when his bayern Munich faced Juventus in the CL.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Pogba reminds me of Cantona the way he controls the attacks so effortlessly even though it looks like he's only running around at half pace. Jose is a one trick defensive pony who wasn't a talented enough coach to understand players like Pogba.
Raiola will make sure of another whopper pay day for himself by shipping Pogba off to Real Madrid eventually.

Intilo

Bar ronaldo and Messi which player is special in every game. The important thing is having a good game and being consistent as well as being special often. And Pogba has been doing that since ole came in. He was good today and has shown consistency since December. Great
You should expect more from someone who is proclaimed by fans as best midfielder in the world. Yesterday his contribution was only defensive performance which isn't even better than Mctominay. He doesn't look like best midfielder in the world.

mancan92

You should expect more from someone who is proclaimed by fans as best midfielder in the world. Yesterday his contribution was only defensive performance which isn't even better than Mctominay. He doesn't look like best midfielder in the world.
How does this stuff get trolled out?

Intilo

How does this stuff get trolled out?
The only one trolling here is OP who called him as best midfielder in the world. Did he looks like the best midfielder ? When i heard about the best midfielder ,I expect a dominance performance against anyone, doesn't matter how bad is his teammates is or how good is the opposition was. Maybe you guys just has a very low standard of what you called with best. He did a good defensive performance against Liverpool but so does Mctominay whom people slate here on daily basis, my expectation for the best midfielder is higher than you all, i expect the best midfielder to bully top side like Liverpool at home game, not just bullying dross.

mancan92

The only one trolling here is OP who called him as best midfielder in the world. Did he looks like the best midfielder ? When i heard about the best midfielder ,I expect a dominance performance against anyone, doesn't matter how bad is his teammates is or how good is the opposition was. Maybe you guys just has a very low standard of what you called with best. He did a good defensive performance against Liverpool but so does Mctominay whom people slate here on daily basis, my expectation for the best midfielder is higher than you all, i expect the best midfielder to bully top side like Liverpool at home game, not just bullying dross.
You are expecting the unrealistic. No midfielder ever has been able to dominate the game without having other better players around them. Scholes, xavi, iniesta, pirlo etc they all could only dominate games when they had top players also around them. Football is a team game so no one player can dominate a whole midfield with also having very good players with them.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Save your breath mate, the consensus view here is that he is above any criticism. The OP is trolling and all these muppets have weighed in agreeing with him.

Of course he’s not the best midfielder in the world, I’m not sure he’s even a midfielder. Certainly a huge talent but still nowhere near the finished article. Thankfully, he’s a good lad and is putting in a massive shift lately.

AlexPSG

Supports
PSG
Verratti is 100 times better than him.
Pogba is just an entertainer with his skills and goals but will never control the game like Verratti.
Allan of Naples is also a better midfielder than Pogba.

Intilo

You are expecting the unrealistic. No midfielder ever has been able to dominate the game without having other better players around them. Scholes, xavi, iniesta, pirlo etc they all could only dominate games when they had top players also around them. Football is a team game so no one player can dominate a whole midfield with also having very good players with them.
But you could tell that those player you mentioned were always in control , their existence increase their team possession significantly and their pass were always threatening , against anyone.

Pyro19

Pogba is just an entertainer with his skills and goals but will never control the game like Verratti.
You made a new account just to make this comment surely.

Liverpool WUM or City WUM ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

mancan92

But you could tell that those player you mentioned were always in control , their existence increase their team possession significantly and their pass were always threatening , against anyone.
Only when the players around them were also in control. Being a dictator of play isn't the only thing for midfielder to do. Look at Jorginho he dictates the play of every game but isnt able to do anything more. Verrati is the same Ive seen many games where he goes lost.

AlexPSG

Supports
PSG
You made a new account just to make this comment surely.

Liverpool WUM or City WUM ?
No, just a PSG fan who came from a french forum.
Everybody on that forum was talking about how Man Utd fans were sure to destroy us in the first leg, so I just wanted to have a look at it.

Y'all english people are thinking you have the "best midfielder in Europe", "best goalkeeper", "best team", "best league", "we'll destroy them" but in the end you realise english teams did nothing in UCL since many years.

Was the same at the world Cup with England.

Have some damn humility, and as a France and PSG fan I can tell you Kanté or Verratti are far more reliable than Pogba if you want to win titles and have a constant player. He is one of the most talented players in the world but has done nothing to deserve to be called "best midfielder in the world". His only important title is WC, where he was far from being the best player on the team (Mbappé, Kanté and Varane were the best).

TRUERED89

A bit of an exaggeration I'd say. Just an entertainer? have you seen his numbers under OGS? Verratti is quality but 100x better than Pogba? come on! even the most biased fan would say that is BS! he's powerful, quick, skilful, has great vision to pick any sort of pass. Can play deep and as a CAM, Pogs is definitely top 3 in the world.

Jaromil

Verratti was eating pasta in front of his tv when Pogba scored and assist in a world cup final

Reactions: Varun

Jaromil

A bit of an exaggeration I'd say. Just an entertainer? have you seen his numbers under OGS? Verratti is quality but 100x better than Pogba? come on! even the most biased fan would say that is BS! he's powerful, quick, skilful, has great vision to pick any sort of pass. Can play deep and as a CAM, Pogs is definitely top 3 in the world.
In a the 3 match Pogba is more decisive than Verratti in all his career

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
If you could have Scholes back at the same age instead of Pogba, would you take him though?

You'd be hard pushed to say yes.
I can't answer that now. Need to watch another year of Pogba.