Pogba is the best midfielder in the world

Fosu-Mens

Few, if any midfielders have Pogbas combination of technical ability, vision and physicality.
This is what makes him unique and why we will see more and more teams starting to mark him to stop him from getting the ball. If he gets the ball, then one player is not enough to stop him due to his ability on the ball and physicality.

If you were to build a team from scratch, i think most clubs in the world would pick Pogba as their first midfielder. Simply due to his combination of abilities.

Is he the best midfielder in the world? If this rating is based on a specific role, then this depends on the role of course. If this is based on a players ability to perform the "average" midfield task, whatever this is, then yes. He is the best midfielder in the world.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No, just a PSG fan who came from a french forum.
Everybody on that forum was talking about how Man Utd fans were sure to destroy us in the first leg, so I just wanted to have a look at it.

Y'all english people are thinking you have the "best midfielder in Europe", "best goalkeeper", "best team", "best league", "we'll destroy them" but in the end you realise english teams did nothing in UCL since many years.

Was the same at the world Cup with England.

Have some damn humility, and as a France and PSG fan I can tell you Kanté or Verratti are far more reliable than Pogba if you want to win titles and have a constant player. He is one of the most talented players in the world but has done nothing to deserve to be called "best midfielder in the world". His only important title is WC, where he was far from being the best player on the team (Mbappé, Kanté and Varane were the best).
I know he's banned now but he joins a United forum, has a go at all of us for daring to rate our player, saying we should should show some humility, whilst claiming Veratti is a 100x the player Pogba is.

Shame to see such a promising poster gone too soon.

Suedesi

Thanks for waiting.

In no particular order: Modric, De Bruyne, Verratti, Pjanic, Eriksen, Vidal, Kante, Rakatic, Fernandinho, Thiago, Kroos, Busquets,

So that's 12 just off the top of my head...

I think so too.
Modric, yes
De Bryune, they're on the same level. Last year KDB was miles ahead, this year Paul edges it.
Verratti, different roles really, but I'd take in my team.
Pjanic, no fckn way. This guy is a joker. Ask an unbiased Juve if they think Pjanic has been able to replicate Pogba's output.
Eriksen, I'd prefer Paul.
Vidal, have you seen Vidal lately? Seriously.
Kante, no just no.
Rakitic, possibly
Fernandinho, different roles, would prefer Paul for age and for production
Thiago, no way. When he plays, which is every other 15th game, he's all flair and no substance.
Kroos, nope.
Busquets, different roles, but Busi is admittedly class.

Suedesi

No, just a PSG fan who came from a french forum.
Everybody on that forum was talking about how Man Utd fans were sure to destroy us in the first leg, so I just wanted to have a look at it.

Y'all english people are thinking you have the "best midfielder in Europe", "best goalkeeper", "best team", "best league", "we'll destroy them" but in the end you realise english teams did nothing in UCL since many years.

Was the same at the world Cup with England.

Have some damn humility, and as a France and PSG fan I can tell you Kanté or Verratti are far more reliable than Pogba if you want to win titles and have a constant player. He is one of the most talented players in the world but has done nothing to deserve to be called "best midfielder in the world". His only important title is WC, where he was far from being the best player on the team (Mbappé, Kanté and Varane were the best).
Un-ban this baguette

Yeah, Kante' was super reliable, especially in the world cup final where he was getting embarrassed by the Croatian midfielders and had to be pulled off for Nzonzi. Kante is a limited player who runs a lot.

OverratedOpinion

In no particular order: Modric, De Bruyne, Verratti, Pjanic, Eriksen, Vidal, Kante, Rakatic, Fernandinho, Thiago, Kroos, Busquets,

So that's 12 just off the top of my head...
Thiago?! As in Alcantara? Better than Paul Pogba?

Nowhere near.

youmeletsfly

In full form he's the best MF in the world yes, but he only has glimpses of that, and this is where the confusion starts from.

Because he has almost everything, physical attributes, vision, amazing technique, people expect him to score/assist in every game. People think it's easy to do that on a consistent basis but they forget the only ones to ever do it are Cristiano and Leo.

Let's look at KDB, he was good as feck last year, but when you see him play at his best you just think he's a very good player and that's kind of it.

Along the same lines, let's look at Paul. When you see him at his best, some of the things the guy does with the ball are out of this fecking world. Us as fans love that and naturally want
to see him do that every game against every opponent. We even complain at times "why doesn't he do it against the big teams?(even if he does it to an extent). Few of us take in consideration the level of "freedom" players get from their managers.

For Paul to be the absolute best MF in the world he needs to:
- play consistently to his highest ceiling (that's impossible, this is not fifa and no manager will give him that freedom in every game)
- play consistently as he's playing now, keep it up for 2-3 seasons and we can talk about it
- improve his tactical discipline and awareness

He's my fav player these days, I like him, but he needs to deliver constantly to be considered among the best because the technical side of his game is 1-2 levels above all the great midfielders one poster above mentioned.

VJ1762

I have never seen a midfielder dribble like him. Touch, passing, vision, goals, assists, he has it all. Just imagine him in Barcelona pinging balls to Messi, dembele and co,he will probably have like 50 assists a season. Am so glad he is with us. It's up to the board to put proper pieces around him so that we can compete at the highest level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thiago?! As in Alcantara? Better than Paul Pogba?

Nowhere near.
You can tell he's not been watching any of them this season, he's probably Googled "10 best midfielders" and used that as his list.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Modric, yes
De Bryune, they're on the same level. Last year KDB was miles ahead, this year Paul edges it.
Verratti, different roles really, but I'd take in my team.
Pjanic, no fckn way. This guy is a joker. Ask an unbiased Juve if they think Pjanic has been able to replicate Pogba's output.
Eriksen, I'd prefer Paul.
Vidal, have you seen Vidal lately? Seriously.
Kante, no just no.
Rakitic, possibly
Fernandinho, different roles, would prefer Paul for age and for production
Thiago, no way. When he plays, which is every other 15th game, he's all flair and no substance.
Kroos, nope.
Busquets, different roles, but Busi is admittedly class.
Oh well at least you agree on some, and then it's down to opinion. And then my opinion is based on what i've seen over a long period of time, not one purple patch(albeit a great one), plus each and every one of them is adaptable enough to play in a midfield two, or a three, something Paul has never been able to do. Basically you have to set your team up to get the best out of Paul, the others you don't.

MJJ

Oh well at least you agree on some, and then it's down to opinion. And then my opinion is based on what i've seen over a long period of time, not one purple patch(albeit a great one), plus each and every one of them is adaptable enough to play in a midfield two, or a three, something Paul has never been able to do. Basically you have to set your team up to get the best out of Paul, the others you don't.
Pray tell what has Vidal done in the last year.

MJJ

Haven't seem him play for a fair while to be honest, but the grief David Moyes still gets to this day for not signing him you'd think he must be one of, or the best midfielders out there.
:lol: :lol: oh God, never mind you can ignore my post above if this is how the list was made.

OldTrevil

Beautiful pass to pick out Lukaku for the Lingard chance.
Yea I thought the same at the time, it opened the whole defense and had such a good weight it gave Lukaku all the time in the world to control and do as he pleased.

Owen06

Verratti is 100 times better than him.
Pogba is just an entertainer with his skills and goals but will never control the game like Verratti.
Allan of Naples is also a better midfielder than Pogba.
Verrati is the most overrated midfielder I have ever seen,no seriously,
Has there ever been a midfielder,who has done nothing of note in football,other than winning french league so rated? for Italy he's a passenger, for psg in europe,generally apart from some odd matches he is a disappointment.

I hear he's getting praises for his performance against us, which I'll admit he was good but nowhere near as good as its being made out to be,marquinos was far more important and instrumental in that victory, verrati only started holding the ball when they got the lead before then he was just another midfiielder in the game.

Verrati is nowhere near pogba in ability or achievements, pogba's skills,passing and goals won him titles and WC at both junior and senior level, verrati is just a highly rated player that hasn't done anything worth his hype.

And please next time if you want to tell me how great verrati is at controlling game compared to pogba,do well to know that pogba has more goals and assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Class of 63

Sourness
Verrati is the most overrated midfielder I have ever seen,no seriously,
Has there ever been a midfielder,who has done nothing of note in football,other than winning french league so rated? for Italy he's a passenger, for psg in europe,generally apart from some odd matches he is a disappointment.

I hear he's getting praises for his performance against us, which I'll admit he was good but nowhere near as good as its being made out to be,marquinos was far more important and instrumental in that victory, verrati only started holding the ball when they got the lead before then he was just another midfiielder in the game.

Verrati is nowhere near pogba in ability or achievements, pogba's skills,passing and goals won him titles and WC at both junior and senior level, verrati is just a highly rated player that hasn't done anything worth his hype.

And please next time if you want to tell me how great verrati is at controlling game compared to pogba,do well to know that pogba has more goals and assist.
What have goals and assists got to do with controlling the game ? Dictating the pace and rhythm of the game is controlling, something Verratti excels at.

Owen06

What have goals and assists got to do with controlling the game ? Dictating the pace and rhythm of the game is controlling, something Verratti excels at.
Pogba has the ability to do that,he did that to an extent in his first season here under Jose, but the guy is so good,he can play higher up,score and assist.
Verrati is very good at controlling the game I accept but what I don't like,is posters downplaying pogba's goal scoring and playmaking abilities.
Most especially when one has achieved more with his ability than the other.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It was clear he was a world class midfielder when he left Juve. Unfortunately, many fans fell under the spell of the previous manager and as a result Pogba was the scapegoat. Last year, it amazed me how much abuse Pogba took when he was one of the few player willing to take risks and a get the team to play more attacking football. Pogba is owed a lot apologies by my count, and it's quite comical that some of the same people heaping praise on him now, were saying they didn't care if he went to Barcelona only months ago.

The previous manager did a number of the fans

RooneyLegend

It was clear he was a world class midfielder when he left Juve. Unfortunately, many fans fell under the spell of the previous manager and as a result Pogba was the scapegoat. Last year, it amazed me how much abuse Pogba took when he was one of the few player willing to take risks and a get the team to play more attacking football. Pogba is owed a lot apologies by my count, and it's quite comical that some of the same people heaping praise on him now, were saying they didn't care if he went to Barcelona only months ago.

Ah...the glorified bus driver, never forget!

OldTrevil

Bang on. A large number of fans are ignorant or willfully ignorant about football and choose to go with whichever flavor of the month narrative being trotted out in the gutter (press). Frankly it's not just Pogba who deserves an apology, but the rest of us who go by what happens over the 90 mins rather than agenda driven tid bits by pseudo analysts.

Class of 63

Sourness

Bang on. A large number of fans are ignorant or willfully ignorant about football and choose to go with whichever flavor of the month narrative being trotted out in the gutter (press). Frankly it's not just Pogba who deserves an apology, but the rest of us who go by what happens over the 90 mins rather than agenda driven tid bits by pseudo analysts.
So anybody that dare have a different opinion of Paul is just gullible eh ? :nono:

Loublaze

ATLien

Spot on! Its the Mourinho cult.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You can tell he's not been watching any of them this season, he's probably Googled "10 best midfielders" and used that as his list.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Haven't seem him play for a fair while to be honest, but the grief David Moyes still gets to this day for not signing him you'd think he must be one of, or the best midfielders out there.
*facepalm*
:lol: :lol: oh God, never mind you can ignore my post above if this is how the list was made.
:lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you are so keen to search for quotes go back to #319 and then start again. Apologies if it wasn't obvious that I was joking with my comment about Moyes and Alcântara, I mean I know he's shit like but wasn't he linked to Pep and City in the last few days ?
That list is terribly outdated, the likes of Modric/Kroos/Thiago aren't better than Pogba this season.