Pogba on the differences between Ole & Mourinho

DanClancy

Any word of a new contract? I don't expect him to sign one anyway and he'll walk away from the club for free next summer.

RUCK4444

Any word of a new contract? I don't expect him to sign one anyway and he'll walk away from the club for free next summer.
Not much noise at all either way at the minute.

I hope he renews, we need him if we are to mount any type of challenge next season imo.

ROFLUTION

I actually don't like this name calling.

Keep it to your self. A grown man should know when to keep his mouth shut.

And it's not like Paul was was performing the whole time and not flirting with leaving the club....

We'll just get dragged in a mud fight with Jose and it doesn't make too much sense.
I agree on this. Pogba (and Raiola, his Mother, brother, and probably a far out cousin) didnt seem mature with his way of acting under Mourinho neither, so this is an easy way of levelling up his reputation by beating someone who is lying down.

You know Pogba might still go away, so for me these words are mostly talk, instead of actually walking the walk and signing an extension if he has it much better and thrives with Ole. There's just been a lot of talk with Paul and I like it more when he just plays great football and is dedicated. Focus in the right places, and he'll win big stuff here.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Having Mourinho as a manager of United was like having Darth Vader marrying your daughter. How the hell people are still beliving in the Mourinho hype? Yes he was good in the past but the fact is that Madrid sacked him, Chelsea sacked him, Man Utd sacked him and I think he will not last long at Spurs. The same story in each of his last 3 clubs were he created a toxic atmosphere and creating conflict and losing the trust of the players. Fergie did alway´s think ahead and did not spend time admiring his past achivements but started to plan for the next season. Mourinho is quick to talk about his past but how long is it now since he was at his best?
Choose your words carefully while talking about the centerpiece of the Star Wars universe.

Glorio

Pogba is such a smart lad, he knows the meltdown is almost ready to explode all over Spurs and he is just putting a bit of gasoline on the fire. :D
You may be on to something. Ndombele did say he and Pogba had a convo about his challenges with Mourinho. Pog's got a mole! :lol:

youmeletsfly

It wasn't that explosive of an interview to be honest.
He was just spitting some facts here and there in a very relaxed mood.

However, he did kinda seem he's fuelling the pressure on Jose a bit. I really like that .

FatTails

No big surprises there but I am not a fan of the public mudslinging. I know Mourinho has done it over and over and maybe deserves to get some back, but we don’t have to engage in his way of doing things.

jackal&hyde

Rooney was shot though. Moving on from that period without any drama was one of the better things Jose did for the club.
It still highlights his lack of communication if a player like Rooney was feeling like that. Imagine what Shaw, Martial, Rashford etc have gone through with this cretin.

Nikelesh Reddy

Pogbas obviously much happier now but I don’t think he’s mind up his mind about his future.I think he’s going to wait and watch to see which clubs make an offer for him this summer.In todays environment,even the monster clubs will think twice before shelling out big money,especially on a player who hasnt been at his best for the last couple of years...I reckon there’s a 60 percent chance of Pogba signing a new contract at United...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Didn't realise Spurs were playing tonight. If they lose then Geoff Shreeves needs to start shit-stirring post-match.

flappyjay

It still highlights his lack of communication if a player like Rooney was feeling like that. Imagine what Shaw, Martial, Rashford etc have gone through with this cretin.
His virus was so contagious it reached this forum or revealed the mentality of people in this forum. When Mourinho was insensitive about Martial and his wives birth he had supporters in this forum. When his man management in regards to Martial, Rashford and Shaw was questioned everyone agreed with the Mourinho soldier, the hypocrite Lukaku about manning up. Everything about treating people write was thrown out the window.

jackal&hyde

His virus was so contagious it reached this forum or revealed the mentality of people in this forum. When Mourinho was insensitive about Martial and his wives birth he had supporters in this forum. When his man management in regards to Martial, Rashford and Shaw was questioned everyone agreed with the Mourinho soldier, the hypocrite Lukaku about manning up. Everything about treating people write was thrown out the window.
The bold part is just unforgivable. It goes beyond being a fan of a manager or even of a club, it's just poor human standard.

The toxicity in the fan base happened with Mourinho imo and i don't know if we always had disgusting fans or if this was the "import" that came along with Jose. One need only to read the Pogba and Ole threads (all 4 billion of them) to see the level of nonsense that never exited to this degree before.

The damage this manager has done to United is incredible but that is in the past. Let him rot in his mid table mediocrity while we keep building and become the true Manchester United again.

RedStarUnited

I really dislike Mourinho but that's not quite fair.

He picked Pogba even when Pogba was badly out of form. During that period he tried him in various positions, talked him up when he was clearly terrible. He gave Pogba every chance on the pitch.

But Mourinho ignoring players who aren't selected or injured is true. He's pretty much said it himself, that's his approach. Who knows why he does it, there never seems to be an upside to it.
This is just not true

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Having Mourinho as a manager of United was like having Darth Vader marrying your daughter. How the hell people are still beliving in the Mourinho hype? Yes he was good in the past but the fact is that Madrid sacked him, Chelsea sacked him, Man Utd sacked him and I think he will not last long at Spurs. The same story in each of his last 3 clubs were he created a toxic atmosphere and creating conflict and losing the trust of the players. Fergie did alway´s think ahead and did not spend time admiring his past achivements but started to plan for the next season. Mourinho is quick to talk about his past but how long is it now since he was at his best?
Oi, don't speak like that about a man who brought balance in force:nono:

I don't he says anything that other people haven't said or implied before.

There's an old saying 'be nice to people on the way up and they'll be nice to you on your way down'

Mourinho has always treated people badly and now he's on the skids people are going to stick the boot in.

Gator Nate

I don't he says anything that other people haven't said or implied before.

There's an old saying 'be nice to people on the way up and they'll be nice to you on your way down'

Mourinho has always treated people badly and now he's on the skids people are going to stick the boot in.
But Phil Collins sang, "There's no need to be nice on the way up, 'cuz I'm not coming down!"

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This isn’t even that bad in relation to Mourinho. There’s a story that he told the Madrid players to throw the second leg against Barcelona in the CL semi final in 2011 so he could blame the ref for them losing the first leg. Apparently that was what really made Casillas not be able to stand him anymore.
:lol: :lol:. Where is logic in that? If they win, great. If they lose, he still can blame the ref. Even if they win, he still can say "we won despite the ref". Ridiculous story. People in their love/hate sometimes throw out any logic away

Irwin99

This is just not true
In fairness it kind of was true. I remember Pogba getting absolutely dominated by Kante in a match (i think in an FA cup match) in his first season back at United and Jose said after the game that Pogba was the best player on the pitch, how brilliant he was etc when it really wasn't true. Kante dominated him. I felt Jose kept trying with Pogba and was trying to turn him into a different player but eventually lost patience.

btw I don't like Jose's style with man management at all and it looks as though his treatment of Dele and Bale at Spurs is similarly bad. I do think he tried with Pogba though.

Walters_19_MuFc

Rooney was shot though. Moving on from that period without any drama was one of the better things Jose did for the club.
That's missing the point, though.

The point is that Mourinho's communication was awful. Shaw and Pogba have basically said the same.

DoomSlayer

Yeah, but we haven't won a single trophy since Rooney left. I feel like people really underrated his leadership and incredible experience due to playing at a top level since the age of 16.

justsomebloke

:lol: :lol:. Where is logic in that? If they win, great. If they lose, he still can blame the ref. Even if they win, he still can say "we won despite the ref". Ridiculous story. People in their love/hate sometimes throw out any logic away
I agree it doesn't seem plausible, even for Mourinho. No way of knowing for sure though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah, but we haven't won a single trophy since Rooney left. I feel like people really underrated his leadership and incredible experience due to playing at a top level since the age of 16.
His play from 2014 on was painful.
He’s a legend for sure but that last contract must have held us back from aggressively seeking out new options, to an extent anyway. The midfield thing was just the constant shanked ball out to Valencia. Aaarrgghh :lol:

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Reading what he says theres really not much in this.. Lets be honest Mourinho and Pogba are 2 guys the media are always looking to target so it will be hyped
Also dont get complaining about Mourinho deflecting from the result. If hed done more of this and less calling players out things would have been better.

RUCK4444

No we dont
Yeah we do.

Has been instrumental for us in the run up to first place, got injured, we nosedived, form has picked up the moment he came back.

He's actually masked a relative dip in performances from Bruno (considering his extremely high standard.)

We simply won't replace the qualities Pogba has in another midfield signing. We need more than one world class player in Bruno.

jem

Think he'd rather himself got credited. Just an ego thing. Ole's left him on the bench a bit as well.

That and he seemed keen to get another Mourinho dig in about Luke Shaw's form.

Probably the least surprising thing ever that Pogba and Mourinho wouldn't like each other. Not really professional to criticise a coach even if its a former one, but then Mourinho has slagged off his own players to the media enough times that its also kind of fair game at this point.
I was thinking the same but Mourinho has done it so many times that it's kind of satisfying seeing him get a bit of it thrown back at him.

DoomSlayer

His play from 2014 on was painful.
He’s a legend for sure but that last contract must have held us back from aggressively seeking out new options, to an extent anyway. The midfield thing was just the constant shanked ball out to Valencia. Aaarrgghh :lol:
Wazza is my favourite player ever so I am a bit biased. :lol: I just wish we could have kept him on a bit more, personally would have loved it if he retired with us but obviously he wanted to still try and play regular football, so it was always a difficult situation.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'm not seeing anything here that warrants the use of the word 'explosive' as Sky has done, or much of any reaction at all really. Nothing about Mourinho's management style that we didn't already know