Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavtavtav

You need to consider that these guys play top level, high intensity, professional football. There are times when I'm injured, and after the initial period I can still walk, dance, and maybe jog around with no issues - whereas sprints, clashes, explosive kicks and sharp turns over an extended was out of the question.

Even when a player can carry out all these actions fine, I can't imagine any club with medical staff worth their salt would then throw their multi-million pound asset into the fold as soon as they cross the threshold of being "fit" and able to play football. Even then, this is not taking into the account the intensity of training or of even amateur football when compared to premier league football when taking into account being elegible for fixtures.

I reckon it is probably partly for this reason that different websites have vastly different time ranges on the recovery times of the different grades of injuries. After a couple weeks you could be pain free and moving well, however the person could not be ready for going back to sport (or even then if ready for sports, not 100% internally healed). These websites could all be considering different things.

I think the video is great and is an indication that the stories of pogba being out for 3 months with a horrific injury are false. This opposed to possibility of Pogba throwing away crutches the physios gave him and deciding to dance through pain when he should be hobbling around everywhere or in a bed somewhere.

Reactions: Akshay

carlosp

not expecting the lad to be at home being massaged / physiotherapy 24/7 etc but unless that hamstring is not even close to being as bad as first feared it's a stupid thing to do. Had a small tear in my hamstring myself a few years ago that needed physio for a 6 weeks or so and I was definitely not doing that after 1 week (but then I didn't have world class stuff at my disposal either)
It's been longer than 1 week.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Felt three pops myself. Wasn't initially painful like cramp, but when I tried to run, it felt real heavy. About a month it took to recover.

Klopp_De_Klown

Probably doesn't mean anything, but he's dancing about.
If that video is current... And it is a big if. Then there is feck all wrong with him. He could probably do some minutes the weekend. But I would advise against it unless he is up to full pace in training first. There is no way this lad is out for 3 months or anything like it. He is nearing a return

Hammys are funny i done both of mine one took a week/10 days the other took all summer and although i could use it after about a month it was no right until the start of the season in the autumn. Neither were that bad to be fair, but for the first 2 weeks of the second one i could hardly move the leg, was very tender and as i seen mentioned previously, heavy thats a good discription. Need less to say i did not rest it or treat it right. And its this rather then its severity that was the delay in it fully recovering i imagine.

But in my mind, with the best of treatment and experts around you. You dont move like this without being near to being fully healed. He is shifting weight from leg to leg and bending down on one or other leg. I would expect him to play some role against palace, I would not bring him on the plane to Moscow. Maybe as a late sub last 15 or 20 more to see how it reacts.

Bulldogg

We will see the best of Pogba when he fully matures the reason guys like Messi and Ronaldo were so good and consistent at a young age was cause they were mature beyond they're years.

I'm glad he's been given a holiday. Good move by the club. I wish we don't have to pick up the pieces every time the national teams decide to plunder our players.

minoo-utd

What sort of mind games in hiding a date of a player return from injury like some assume!? It's like the next team we are playing waiting to see if we play Pogba or not to put their formation or something! That's stupid and un logic IMO.

podurban2

What sort of mind games in hiding a date of a player return from injury like some assume!? It's like the next team we are playing waiting to see if we play Pogba or not to put their formation or something! That's stupid and un logic IMO.
:lol:

SirAF

Ageist
Tell Ferguson that. At this level even the slightest advantage can tilt things your way.

minoo-utd

Tell Ferguson that. At this level even the slightest advantage can tilt things your way.
Things can't be hidden too much, once he comes back and train for some few days then there's a big possibility for him to feature the next game after that, it will be something we can't hide and surprise the opponents like some say.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm glad he's been given a holiday. Good move by the club. I wish we don't have to pick up the pieces every time the national teams decide to plunder our players.
Maybe the hamstring injury is just a smokescreen, and Agent Pogba is actually going on holiday with another of our major transfer targets..!! haha ;)

JohnZSmith27

Well, that clears it up then...

I have no idea [when he will be back],” he stated. “No idea. But, again, it’s a great opportunity for other players to play and I trust them all. So I’m not going to cry or be counting the days until Pogba comes back, not at all. When he comes back, welcome, but until then, I trust my people.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it's definitely more than the three weeks I was hoping for. :(

El Zoido

It’s great that he trusts his squad, but we really need our best players to be fit as much as possible. Not having Pogba is a huge loss, we need him to return as soon really.

Pavl3n

That injury was, what, 10 days ago? I am not convinced a club of our stature with the facilities we have can't come up with a timeline of how long it will last. I'm inclined to believe we don't want it disclosed for tactical reasons. I am sure France can handle Bulgaria and Belarus without him, therefore he would stay here and will work on his recovery.
Fingers crossed he'll be in contention for the Liverpool game.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm surprised people think this means he's out for a long time. If you look at managers playing these sort of games, it's always when the injury isn't so serious, if it's a bad one they just come out and say it, putting the speculation to bed.

Laurentiu amt

It's just Jose BSing everyone. Of course he will not disclose when he'll be back in order to avoid the internationals and have the guy fresh for the hard games that will come up afterwards.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Has it been 6 weeks yet? I want him back :(

pacifictheme

I imagine we are being vagur to avoid france trying to get him for the internationals. Hopefully.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If that video is post injury, no way he's out for 8 weeks or it is major serious. Probably just a minor strain and they won't want to risk it developing into anything serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.