g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneunited26

Personally I see Lukaku as being a bigger loss if it were to happen for you than Pogba. Pogba was there last season and these kind of games did end up 1-1 like you mentioned it could have been. Lukaku being there turns these games into wins. His sheer presence puts the fear into teams, I don't think Pogba does that.

I'd much prefer to see Pogba on the team sheet than Lukaku come October when we play you, even though his record isn't that great against us, he now has a decent team behind him and can see him causing all types of problems to our lacklustre defence.

You'll be fine without him. Either first, or second to city by a point or two when he returns, I'd put money on it.
I think pogba and matic has the double pivots just makes united's game much more complete and gives united that edge in the PL title race, makes united's football flow much better. Yes lukaku scores the goals, but matic and pogba is petit and vierra in a double midfield pivot, they just squeeze the life out of opponents and controls the game. Fellaini instead of pogba is a massive downgrade for technique, power and mobility and the influence on the game, more will be asked of matic which is a worry. Liverpools pressing game will be allot more effective against a fellaini than a pogba. I just hope he does not play fellaini deeper with matic. Now matic and herrera with fellaini supporting mkhi, martial or rashford with lukaku uptop could be an interesting choice from mourinho though

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've just seen that Pogba will be out until the New Year, is this true..???

doomy20

Seemed like a normal hamstring why would it even take longer than 4 weeks

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
How long does it take to get the results of a scan... are we going via NHS?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
From what I've read, it can take a few days for the blood to clear from the area which is needed for a scan good enough for an accurate diagnosis.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Generally they have to wait for the swelling/bleeding to stop to make an 100% estimation.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The longer this diagnosis is taking, the longer I fear he'll be out for.

I also know nothing about hamstring injuries other than Giggs had a few in the late 90s.

poacher

I doubt he will be back within 4 to 6 weeks as they haven't even had the scan due to the swelling and blood which doesn't sound promising. If it was a minor issue I wouldn't have thought that you would have to wait a full week just for the scan.

Bestietom

Jose is a shrewd customer and it would not surprise me one little bit if Pogba was back when we meet Liverpool.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Jose is a shrewd customer and it would not surprise me one little bit if Pogba was back when we meet Liverpool.
I think that us what will happen. They won't want to sound too confident before that though so he sits out the international week

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm hoping they're trying to make it seem like he won't be available, then bam...don't play him anyway. The arld double bluff
jk please be available

cyberman

I think that us what will happen. They won't want to sound too confident before that though so he sits out the international week
This is my theory as well. I'd place good money that he'll "return to training" that week.

Bestietom

I'm hoping they're trying to make it seem like he won't be available, then bam...don't play him anyway. The arld double bluff
jk please be available
Yes, He will hold him here ( training) when internationals come round, and he will be ready for the game versus Liverpool. This is my reckoning @VeevaVee ..

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He wouldn't be a huge miss vs Liverpool anyway if he repeats his performances against them from last season. He let it get to his head and should have been sent off at home.

Bestietom

Pogba had a scan after the injury last Wednesday which did not show up clear because of bleeding. He is due another scan after a week
(Tomorrow Wednesday) we will know the true outcome after this. So nobody can say as yet.

Trizy

Pogba had a scan after the injury last Wednesday which did not show up clear because of bleeding. He is due another scan after a week
(Tomorrow Wednesday) we will know the true outcome after this. So nobody can say as yet.
Jose mentioned the bleeding, if he pulled his hamstring there would be no bleeding? I thought bleeding in the muscle was down to a tear and not a pull?

Bestietom

Jose mentioned the bleeding, if he pulled his hamstring there would be no bleeding? I thought bleeding in the muscle was down to a tear and not a pull?
He probably meant Blood Bruising which would explain why they have to wait to see it clearly. Tomorrow will tell us for sure but I would not panic anyway as torn or pulled hamstrings now, are curable quicker than before with the treatment they have available. @Trizy.

ManuMou

Personally I see Lukaku as being a bigger loss if it were to happen for you than Pogba. Pogba was there last season and these kind of games did end up 1-1 like you mentioned it could have been. Lukaku being there turns these games into wins. His sheer presence puts the fear into teams, I don't think Pogba does that.

I'd much prefer to see Pogba on the team sheet than Lukaku come October when we play you, even though his record isn't that great against us, he now has a decent team behind him and can see him causing all types of problems to our lacklustre defence.

You'll be fine without him. Either first, or second to city by a point or two when he returns, I'd put money on it.
Mostly agree

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I think pogba and matic has the double pivots just makes united's game much more complete and gives united that edge in the PL title race, makes united's football flow much better. Yes lukaku scores the goals, but matic and pogba is petit and vierra in a double midfield pivot, they just squeeze the life out of opponents and controls the game. Fellaini instead of pogba is a massive downgrade for technique, power and mobility and the influence on the game, more will be asked of matic which is a worry. Liverpools pressing game will be allot more effective against a fellaini than a pogba. I just hope he does not play fellaini deeper with matic. Now matic and herrera with fellaini supporting mkhi, martial or rashford with lukaku uptop could be an interesting choice from mourinho though
Agree with RE playing Herrara and Matic with elbows holding, not sure JM will have the guts to play that though as it'd lean towards going to toe to toe and that's playing to Lfcs main strength (only strength in all honesty - Plan A with no other plans), he'll probably most likely go with what you're not hoping for with Matic/Fellaini and hit on the counter.

That's what I'd do anyway, Liverpool are so damn vulnerable it's baffling why a manager on millions can't see it or rectify it. I'm an average Joe with zero experience of managing a football team aside from Pes and even I'd be able to set a team up to beat Liverpool I think. Proper sad when you're supporting a team and seeing the glaringly obvious weaknesses and not a damn thing is being done about it. Klopps really starting to worry me now, he's making the same mistakes over and over and as time goes by he's starting to spout some Rafa level bollocks. I cringed when I read about him mentioning 125 years of history. Might as well be a LFC GO poster with tripe like that. A big defeat to United and I think his honeymoon period is over, some fans still swear blind he's the messiah - I've not been convinced for a long time by him or his seeming lack of versatility.

I know how Arsenal fans feel now :D

Bestietom

Hamstring Injury Grade 1 (Pull)
A grade 1 hamstring strain will take about a week of recovery time. A grade 1 strain hurts minimally, there is no pain walking, and motion isn't hindered. But it is imperative that you not play or exercise your leg. Increased work and stress can be put on the leg after week one. If you jump into exercise immediately after the injury, there is a good chance of increased severity.

Hamstring Injury Grade 2 (Tear)
A grade 2 hamstring strain will take two to three weeks of recovery for proper healing to occur. Do not allow yourself to put too much stress on the leg during this time because it will just increase the length of recovery time. With a grade 2 strain, you will have pain when walking, constricted range of motion, and tingling and pulling sensations in your leg. Until these symptoms are almost diminished, avoid physical activity.

Hamstring Injury Grade 3 (Rupture)
A grade 3 hamstring strain will take three to five weeks for proper recovery. A person with a grade 3 strain may have trouble walking without assistance (i.e. without crutches). Also there will be heavy swelling in the area of the strain. Do not play or perform any activity during this recovery time. If you re-strain the muscle the recovery time will have to start all over again.

With the worst, grade 3 ( Rupture) the most Pogba will be out for is 5 weeks, so let's hope tomorrrow's scan will show us better results.

Last edited:

stygg

A grade 1 hamstring strain will take about a week of recovery time. A grade 1 strain hurts minimally, there is no pain walking, and motion isn't hindered. But it is imperative that you not play or exercise your leg. Increased work and stress can be put on the leg after week one. If you jump into exercise immediately after the injury, there is a good chance of increased severity.

A grade 2 hamstring strain will take two to three weeks of recovery for proper healing to occur. Do not allow yourself to put too much stress on the leg during this time because it will just increase the length of recovery time. With a grade 2 strain, you will have pain when walking, constricted range of motion, and tingling and pulling sensations in your leg. Until these symptoms are almost diminished, avoid physical activity.

A grade 3 hamstring strain will take three to five weeks for proper recovery. A person with a grade 3 strain may have trouble walking without assistance (i.e. without crutches). Also there will heavy swelling in the area of the strain. Do not play or perform any activity during this recovery time. If you re-strain the muscle the recovery time will have to start all over again.

With the worst, grade 3 ( Rupture) the most Pogba will be out for is 5 weeks, so let's hope tomorrrow's scan will show us better results.
Cheers. Means that the bellend look-a-like (bald Dunc) who claimed three months not only just looks like a bellend.

djdhrubs

A grade 3 hamstring strain will take three to five weeks for proper recovery. A person with a grade 3 strain may have trouble walking without assistance (i.e. without crutches). Also there will be heavy swelling in the area of the strain. Do not play or perform any activity during this recovery time. If you re-strain the muscle the recovery time will have to start all over again.

With the worst, grade 3 ( Rupture) the most Pogba will be out for is 5 weeks, so let's hope tomorrrow's scan will show us better results
Clearly this isn't the full story as Dembele has just done his hamstring as is out for up to 4 months.

vodrake

Clearly this isn't the full story as Dembele has just done his hamstring as is out for up to 4 months.
From the sounds of things though both were injuries involving their hamstring, Dembele's was different kind of injury. With Dembele the actual tendon was damaged and pulled away from the bone, whilst Mourinho said Pogba's was a "muscular injury", which has the levels of severity mentioned above.

Oneunited26

Agree with RE playing Herrara and Matic with elbows holding, not sure JM will have the guts to play that though as it'd lean towards going to toe to toe and that's playing to Lfcs main strength (only strength in all honesty - Plan A with no other plans), he'll probably most likely go with what you're not hoping for with Matic/Fellaini and hit on the counter.

That's what I'd do anyway, Liverpool are so damn vulnerable it's baffling why a manager on millions can't see it or rectify it. I'm an average Joe with zero experience of managing a football team aside from Pes and even I'd be able to set a team up to beat Liverpool I think. Proper sad when you're supporting a team and seeing the glaringly obvious weaknesses and not a damn thing is being done about it. Klopps really starting to worry me now, he's making the same mistakes over and over and as time goes by he's starting to spout some Rafa level bollocks. I cringed when I read about him mentioning 125 years of history. Might as well be a LFC GO poster with tripe like that. A big defeat to United and I think his honeymoon period is over, some fans still swear blind he's the messiah - I've not been convinced for a long time by him or his seeming lack of versatility.

I know how Arsenal fans feel now :D
Its like the latter stage of the fergie era, not bothering to solve issues that are holding the team back, 99-05 it was the GK and defense, 03 to the end of fergie's time it was the midfield

minoo-utd

I think there's something is hidden here, why the club haven't released a statement regarding Paul's injury yet? Of course they know now how long he will be out, no!?

Wilt

My thoughts also, it would be typical Mourinho ....."and for my next trick...."

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He probably has a small tear. 5-6 weeks out I would imagine. But let's be honest, we are all speculating. Just wait for the scan.

Just a lot of drama queens in this thread (not you), looking for a conspiracy.

MikeSmalling

He probably meant Blood Bruising which would explain why they have to wait to see it clearly. Tomorrow will tell us for sure but I would not panic anyway as torn or pulled hamstrings now, are curable quicker than before with the treatment they have available. @Trizy.
Not sure what "blood bruising" is, but a bruise still involves bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.