Pogba told the club he wants to leave

Esquire

He flourished at Juve. The team structure wasn't built around him but it was built to get the most out of every player. Conte trusted him to fight for the team, which he did. Deschamps revealing he is a team focused player is not hearsay, it is the reality. These managers get the most out of him, Jose has failed to. He has also failed to get the best out of almost every other member of the first team squad. That is ultimately on him.

Pogba is definitely good enough for Manchester United. Getting rid of him would be madness, particularly if it is to pander to Jose's pride.
But by all accounts he is the one who is agitating to leave?

Handsome Devil

True, but I guess if his client is saying I want out at all cost, Jabba’s gotta conduct a scorch earth campaign, which is exactly what he and his client are doing at the moment. There is no way -none- despite what the Pogba fanboys say, that they have been the victim in all of this.
I guess so. And there are rumours flying around that Raiola has already done a deal so he must be happy. Besides, there could be another payday a few years down the line.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well it didn't imply that. I find a very boring thing to talk about whilst a huge reason o hatred towards Pogba (just like Lingard). Dislking a player for what does off the field says more about the "fan" than the player
Ok fair dos, I wrongly read the smiley as meaning that.

For what it’s worth I actually like Pogba, as a player when he’s on it he’s class and he seems to have a good bond with the players, all their dancing joking about and celebrations is cool with me, though I can still on times disagree with what he does and that includes posting inappropriate videos/ interviews at inappropriate times

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
But by all accounts he is the one who is agitating to leave?
If Pogba leaves the club and Jose stays I'm pretty certain we're screwed for many more years. We'll have huge problems in this inflated market with luring players possessing such kind of potential. Owners are already hesitant on spending big bucks.

Esquire

If Pogba leaves the club and Jose stays I'm pretty certain we're screwed for many more years. We'll have huge problems in this inflated market with luring players possessing such kind of potential. Owners are already hesitant on spending big bucks.
I don’t disagree with you, but how can we possibly keep Pogba now? It’s not really up to the club if he is adamant on leaving. He is just sh*t stirring to force his way out now. From a management perspective (let’s assume we can get value for him), why should we keep a malcontent?

Mou is another issue.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Indeed, I mean it was not DeBruyne that was criticising Roberto Martinez's tactics for Belgium and how he is used in the side. Top professional that guy!
He also admitted that he asked for public training sessions when Mourinho said that he wasn't training well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ok fair dos, I wrongly read the smiley as meaning that.

For what it’s worth I actually like Pogba, as a player when he’s on it he’s class and he seems to have a good bond with the players, all their dancing joking about and celebrations is cool with me, though I can still on times disagree with what he does and that includes posting inappropriate videos/ interviews at inappropriate times
No worries :) That emoj was a bit OTT tbh.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are you saying De Bruyne isn't a worker? He really is - which is what separates him from the likes of Pogba. He's a highly talented team player who puts in a shift - which is what we used to have, but don't have with this flouncing jessie.
Yes obviously love De Bruyne, just meant the platform for our peers has players like Dier, Kante, fernandinho, Keita, wanyama, Henderson etc. Not showy players, more physical hustlers and that suits the prem.

Bestietom

To be honest I think there's an issue with both of them. This club is like a bloody circus and it is not nice to see.
For the fans sake the board should do something about this right now. No more waiting around.

1. I would sack Mourinho before he brings the club down even more, and start bigger trouble with other players.
2. I would sell Pogba in the January window, and bring in 2 or 3 players with the money we receive for him.
3. Bring in a manager who can at least try and get on with the players, and play some attractive football.

Vashu

I don’t disagree with you, but how can we possibly keep Pogba now? It’s not really up to the club if he is adamant on leaving. He is just sh*t stirring to force his way out now. From a management perspective (let’s assume we can get value for him), why should we keep a malcontent?

Mou is another issue.
There's still a long way before the transfer window opens. January dealings also tend to have an additional tax on them so it doesn't have to encourage a quick kind of move from the potential buyer. So if both, the manager and the player, stay at the club for a longer time they will have to find a way to keep it civil until one of them eventually leaves. Pogba's contract runs till 2021 so the club can't be held to ransom. United can play the cynical game of pushing all the blame in this emotional conflict on the manager. Then in case there's a change at the post most of the ill feelings the player holds could disappear with that moment.

For me Pogba is still a salvageable asset and that's why I'd like to see him stay.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yes obviously love De Bruyne, just meant the platform for our peers has players like Dier, Kante, fernandinho, Keita, wanyama, Henderson etc. Not showy players, more physical hustlers and that suits the prem.
It's a dangerous train of thought for me, as that puts the onus on the less talented players to do the hard work while the flash player is given carte blanche. None of the top teams have a passenger in midfield, irrespective of how many workhorses they use. Everyone in midfield should be working and switched on for the full 90 minutes.

You can't say that about Pogba.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This just about sums up how I feel about, Jose. He is an out and out egotistical arsewipe. Never deals with trouble in house, but has to make it all about himself and lambast a player in public. Look how he treated that poor girl Physio, all she did was her job and was called onto the playing surface by the referee. How do you think Phil Jones and Eric feel now, after him saying that he knew we were in the sh1t penalty wise once we got past the 6th man!! Players will just not give 100% to a bad boss, just think of your own work place and look at how bosses affect performance with some workers.
Exactly, GB. Seems like some of our fans have yet to work in the real world. I've worked for the private and government. A manager with Jose attitude would be long gone without finishing his 2nd year.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We should expect this when we signed him. They( Raiola and Pogba) put pressure on Juve to sell him here. Why don't do that again. Their plan was always Barca or Real. And they are doing that last 3 months. Every week Pogba does something what put pressure on Jose and club. He is not stupid, all those quotes in public were planned.
It is the same when you marry women who cheated her partner with you. As Rachel said in Friends; " once a cheater, always a cheater":)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
IS this just rumours that he wants out or is it legit? Ducker seems to think he wants to go. Kind of similar to our Coutinho situation last year.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I guess so. And there are rumours flying around that Raiola has already done a deal so he must be happy. Besides, there could be another payday a few years down the line.
This is the key issue. It is now far too easy for players and agents to 'engineer' a situation which results in a move and of course a big pay cheque for both player and agent.

They are little more than blood suckers sucking millions out of football and putting back nothing.

I never thought that Pogba was a Mourinho type player. He wants willing soldiers who will do as they are told and produce good constant performances week after week. That way he can ensure that his tactics work reliably. Players ideally like France Lampard.

Unfortunately Pogba is not like that and quite obviously that is the reason for the problem. Yes he is on his day brilliant but not often enough.

If he doesn't want to fight for his place at United then he must go and in the mean time not be allowed to adversely affect whatever fragile morale there is at the moment.

United are far bigger than any player and any manager and both Pogba and Mourinho better understand this and understand it quickly.

SteveTheRed

He doesn't have to be a leader and like I said when we purchased him Pogba isn't your engine he is more like your spoilers. And every player has obvious flaws, the job of the manager is to combine players that mitigate each others flaws and accentuate their qualities. When you play Kroos and Modric without someone like Casemiro you expose both players' flaws, Kroos lack of speed and defensive nous/skills and Modric physicality, does that mean that one of them should leave?

Pundits are absolute morons, their evaluation of players is generally stupid because they compare them against a mystical player that doesn't exist, they do it with everyone and that's why they end up making stupid points like Messi wouldn't succeed in the PL. Gerrard had massive flaws too, he wasn't able to consistently dictate the game and really made a difference when Benitez accepted that fact and put him in a role that would maximize his qualities behind a mobile striker with an enforcer and a deep lying playmaker.
He doesn't have to be a leader your right, yet he somehow thinks he is one?

Obviously you need players in midfield that will compliment each other, and there are plenty of players that have big flaws in their game but make up for it else where...but for me personally, I don't think Pogba gets anywhere near making up for it. We have tried countless systems to compensate his faults and the cons still outweigh the pros.

Esquire

There's still a long way before the transfer window opens. January dealings also tend to have an additional tax on them so it doesn't have to encourage a quick kind of move from the potential buyer. So if both, the manager and the player, stay at the club for a longer time they will have to find a way to keep it civil until one of them eventually leaves. Pogba's contract runs till 2021 so the club can't be held to ransom. United can play the cynical game of pushing all the blame in this emotional conflict on the manager. Then in case there's a change at the post most of the ill feelings the player holds could disappear with that moment.

For me Pogba is still a salvageable asset and that's why I'd like to see him stay.
That’s optimistic but I hope you are right. I would play hardball with Pogba if I was Ed as you said we hold the cards given the length of Pogba’s contract and the salary he is on.

ErranMorad

Juve might well take him back but they'd be fools to. Barcelona I think they missed a bullet and they know it. He was the flavour of the month following the World Cup but I think Jaime is right. He doesn't fit Barcelona at all.

And yeah Coutinho is way better in most ways. Better at linking play, touches, keeping it simple, professionalism, handles things behind closed doors if there are issues and is FAR more consistent than Pogba.
"Barcelona know it"? How do you know that they think they have dogged a bullet?

Suarez has mentioned him in the scummy way they go about unsettling players. There are reports that a scout from Barcelona have attended our games scouting him.

I think people need to see Barcelona a little more before making statements about them from a decade back. They don't play in the same way that they did under Pep. They didn't under Enrique and they haven't under Valverde. Pogba will most likely replace Rakitic is that team in the box to box attacking role ahead of Busquets. And Pogba is a much better player, with a much higher potential than Rakitic.

Coutinho keeps it simple? Wow! The whole purpose of him in the team is to be the creative force and make things happen.
Handling things behind closed doors after he spent a summer and half a season agitating for a move? Weren't there pictures of Neymar giving him the Barca shirt or something during or after an international tournament?
Even Liverpool fans wouldn't say that Coutinho is consistent. He was a very inconsistent player at 'Pool and there were periods where he would go missing.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Mourinho needs to go regardless so we could at least see if him leaving calms the situation down a bit and we can maybe hold on to him.

Doesn't even matter if he still wants to go to Barca (might just be because we're shite right now) - there's no 'brilliant manager' to be putting over him anyway.

Vashu

Obviously you need players in midfield that will compliment each other, and there are plenty of players that have big flaws in their game but make up for it else where...but for me personally, I don't think Pogba gets anywhere near making up for it. We have tried countless systems to compensate his faults and the cons still outweigh the pros.
Countless systems with Pogba keeping generally a full-time or at best for the most part a holding midfielder role. Yet when the ball finds him near or inside the penalty area he's capable of extraordinary things like the goal against Young Boys* and his assist from the Wolves game. Pogba is an offensive midfielder but Jose has always had other ideas.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I don't really understand the first affirmation, you criticize him for not being a leader but also for maybe trying to be one? A player won't be a leader if he doesn't try.
The second part is also perplexing. Pogba does his part, he creates a lot for us and he is also useful defensively most of the time. So claiming that we changed systems because of him is at the very least dishonest, we changed systems because the team as a whole doesn't perform well, he is one of the rare players to actually pull his own weight while the others are all unable to solidify a role. Matic for example is supposed to cover the center midfield and prevent opponents from running straight through the middle yet that's exactly how we get destroyed every other weeks, that's not Pogba's fault if our defensive midfielder can't defend.

Pogba is far from perfect and if we want to be the best team in the world, he will have to improve in some areas particularly in terms of focus and positioning but he isn't a source of problem for us, he is the only player with De Gea that actually plays at a level acceptable for Manchester United.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's clear he doesn't have a good relationship with Mourinho though.
Agreed although don't necessarily think that means he wants to leave the club he's said he loves. Not everyone can get on all of the time. The him wanting to go stuff is just rumours at the moment backed up with nothing.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed although don't necessarily think that means he wants to leave the club he's said he loves. Not everyone can get on all of the time. The him wanting to go stuff is just rumours at the moment backed up with nothing.
Yeah true. I think he'd stay if Mourinho was replaced.

Do you think Mourinho will play him on Saturday?

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah true. I think he'd stay if Mourinho was replaced.

Do you think Mourinho will play him on Saturday?
Yeah I think he will start. Why wouldn't he? The issue in training has been resolved and publically Mourinho has done nothing but praise him this season.

Hughie77

Just a slow news day, why write about other clubs, when Utd are the biggest headline they can get, used to this dross now. I bet they have a source here and there, pogba will go if we want to sell?

el3mel

That's BS. So are you saying that we shouldn't be interested on Serie A players anymore?
The history of transfers from Serie A to Premier League is actually known to not be quite good. Coutinho and Salah are probably the only exclusions.

Anyway I didn't mean that. I meant the pace between the 2 leagus is different so being ready for the premier league is different than being ready for Serie A. If you can't grasp the difference between than and what you mentioned then Goe help you.

el3mel

Pogba never asked to leave. Who said he asked to leave?
Telegraph did said he asked to leave before the Leicester game after agreeing personal terrms with Barca in summer.

And it makes every sense. Why would Barca make a late offer for him without agreeing terms with him ? All clubs tend to tap on players and agree terms with them before moving to official offers.

The Bloody-Nine

He's already left us once. He has no love for us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tiresome. Mou has form for doing this at other clubs, it’s a childish way of dealing with players he doesn’t like. How about just admitting they’re not in your plans and advising them to find a new club?

It’s obvious he can’t manage Pogba.

Tbh if I was Ed I’d get rid of both

Canagel

Telegraph did said he asked to leave before the Leicester game after agreeing personal terrms with Barca in summer.

And it makes every sense. Why would Barca make a late offer for him without agreeing terms with him ? All clubs tend to tap on players and agree terms with them before moving to official offers.
That can't be right because Mourinho said around 2 weeks ago that Pogba never asked to leave so it contradicts the Telegraph report. If he did it would've been all over the place.

el3mel

That can't be right because Mourinho said around 2 weeks ago that Pogba never asked to leave so it contradicts the Telegraph report. If he did it would've been all over the place.
He told Ed not Mourinho.

The Daily Telegraph has since learned that Pogba actually went to see Ed Woodward before United’s opening game of the season against Leicester City at Old Trafford early last month to explain to the club’s executive vice-chairman that he wished to join Barcelona after his agent agreed personal terms with the Spanish giants.