Pogba

Trequarista10

Is he a DM?
He's an all rounder really. Better defensive work rate than Pogba but not as good a ball winner as Fred or McTominay, better at building from the back/on the ball than Fred or McTominay, but not as good as Pogba.

He'd probably be a good partner for Fred or McT in a midfield two, but probably couldn't play the sole DM role alongside an attacking CM like Pogba (at this stage in his career, who knows in a few years time).

GoldanoGraham

Now that Pogba is out of the Euro's just wait for the mind games to start......first his very evasive responses about his future......the flirting with other teams......then other players bigging him up.......then that lard arse agent starting to spout off his mouth......

our biggest transfer saga this summer will be him......I do not believe that there is any chance of him signing a new contract - he will definitely run it down if he can't get a move this summer - it's all going to be very very disruptive for Ole and the new season........shame

redmanx

Now that Pogba is out of the Euro's just wait for the mind games to start......first his very evasive responses about his future......the flirting with other teams......then other players bigging him up.......then that lard arse agent starting to spout off his mouth......

our biggest transfer saga this summer will be him......I do not believe that there is any chance of him signing a new contract - he will definitely run it down if he can't get a move this summer - it's all going to be very very disruptive for Ole and the new season........shame
Although France were knocked out of the Euros tonight (shame! LOL!) Pogba had another very good game and at times his passing and vision was sublime, and of course he scored a wonderful goal too; but this wasnt the Pogba we've watched for the last 5/6 years at United, and one big difference I noticed during the Euros is that whereas at United he so often over elaborates, losing the ball and constantly trying to show off with flicks and tricks, usually ending up giving the ball away and sitting on his arse, for France he keeps things simple, makes more direct passes and doesnt lose the ball anywhere near as often. Why dont we see this Paul Pogba? I dont expect him to perform to the level he did tonight every game, but he has the talent, skill, vision and footballing brain to contribute to United at a much higher level and with more consistency than he has ever shown. Thats the Pogba I want at Manchester United, not the careless, lazy, couldnt give a damn arrogant show off that he became; Id prefer never to see that Pogba in a United shirt again.

M16Red

In less than 48 hours he or his nob of agent will say something to piss Utd fans off.

Pablo18th

Perfect time to cash in on him his stock is somewhat high. He played very well in this tournament but France didn't they only won 1 game in 4 and if it were a league campaign more questions would be asked about their system.

Wilt

I imagine him wanting £450k - £500k per week if he signs.

Any argument from Utd and he’ll just refer to De Gea‘s £375k per week.

Last edited:

cyril C

Although France were knocked out of the Euros tonight (shame! LOL!) Pogba had another very good game and at times his passing and vision was sublime, and of course he scored a wonderful goal too; but this wasnt the Pogba we've watched for the last 5/6 years at United, and one big difference I noticed during the Euros is that whereas at United he so often over elaborates, losing the ball and constantly trying to show off with flicks and tricks, usually ending up giving the ball away and sitting on his arse, for France he keeps things simple, makes more direct passes and doesnt lose the ball anywhere near as often. Why dont we see this Paul Pogba? I dont expect him to perform to the level he did tonight every game, but he has the talent, skill, vision and footballing brain to contribute to United at a much higher level and with more consistency than he has ever shown. Thats the Pogba I want at Manchester United, not the careless, lazy, couldnt give a damn arrogant show off that he became; Id prefer never to see that Pogba in a United shirt again.
That game was in fact a good summary of Pogba. His passing, running were excellent, and scored a cracker as well. Then he became over-confidence and tried to dribble his way out, lost possession and Swiss was 3-2. IMO it was a turning point to France, as was the break from the missed penalty. Pogba gives you something that none other can give, but he also gives you the headache that an normal player does not have .

Blood Mage

Camavinga could potentially be better than him one day IMO and is already a more defensively disciplined player, so as impressive as Pogba was in this tournament I don't mind the idea of cashing in on him now and signing Camavinga as a long-term replacement.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
the problem is he is a genius on the ball when he has space and he’s at it. The things he can do with a ball are unbelievable. It’s men against boys when he’s going for it but then he showboats and switches off. I think if he went somewhere like Real he’d end up looking world class again but he's a weak link defensively and can really be got at by teams who target him if he plays central. He needs to be some kind of attacker with very little defending and the team geared up towards just letting him be that. I think he’s potentially class off the left if he’s given a serious run and he can stay fit. I don’t think we should let him leave on a free even if it takes 400k.

Jam

So if Pogba stays, no Grealish?
If Pogba stays, no Grealish.

If Pogba leaves, no Grealish.

The club isn’t in for Grealish lads. Let it go. This window he’s going to either stay at Villa or join City.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Camavinga could potentially be better than him one day IMO and is already a more defensively disciplined player, so as impressive as Pogba was in this tournament I don't mind the idea of cashing in on him now and signing Camavinga as a long-term replacement.
I am not sure if he could be better than Pogba, at least not likely for France, but maybe likely for Man Utd? I mean starting well in French league is nothing to be too excited about, he is not even good enough for their under-21 team yet, while Pogba is already WC winner and has been by far France best player in Euro. But yeh if Pogba leave Camavinga would be good choice for replacement.

Frank Sinatra Fan

That game was in fact a good summary of Pogba. His passing, running were excellent, and scored a cracker as well. Then he became over-confidence and tried to dribble his way out, lost possession and Swiss was 3-2. IMO it was a turning point to France, as was the break from the missed penalty. Pogba gives you something that none other can give, but he also gives you the headache that an normal player does not have .
Pogba was man of the match for France today easily. Losing a ball and suffering a goal is something that can happen to everyone. See Rivaldo against Nigeria in 1996 Olympics. Or Messi against City in the first leg of UCL Round of 16 in 2015.

I remember Pogba in extra time making a spectacular pass for Mbappé to score, but Mbappé was dreadful and missed. Mbappé was the awful player today. Pogba still deserves to at least be in the All-Star XI of this Euro.

Tarrou

I can't see his agent letting him sign a contract with one year left, he holds all the cards now

in 12 months time Raiola can get himself a £20m+ signing on fee probably

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems like it's United management strategy of extending when 1 year left on contract. De Gea, Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Bailly, Henderson, Jones (?), etc resulting of them getting this gigantic wages that make it hard to sell them later (when needed). And now probably with Pogba.

Does anyone know what's the advantage of this strategy?

Matthew84!

Well I'd sign him up, he plays better in a winning team, hopefully he can stay fit next season and that should give him a boost.
I'm think perhaps that's why we're after Varane, someone who he gets on well with, perhaps with another French player Martial will stay.
His agent is a complete dick thou so I expect it will rumble on a long time and he will definitely get some money either way

krentz

It seems like it's United management strategy of extending when 1 year left on contract. De Gea, Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Bailly, Henderson, Jones (?), etc resulting of them getting this gigantic wages that make it hard to sell them later (when needed). And now probably with Pogba.

Poor planning or saving a bit of money? the club is being run by bankers and accountants up to this year.

Tarrou

I don't think its a strategy with Pogba

he just hasn't wanted to renew

Bondi77

That is right, we have rarely seen him put up that level of performance in a Utd shirt and if we do sign him to a longer contract then we will just see more of the same that he has dished up for the past 5 yrs.
It is a shame as I would love to see the Bleu Pogba every week in a Utd shirt.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't think its a strategy with Pogba

he just hasn't wanted to renew
So why don't have a strategy when 2 years left: sign the contract, or please find a new club? I mean, leaving 1 year in contract seems like in line with our other players when renewing.

Tarrou

So why don't have a strategy when 2 years left: sign the contract, or please find a new club? I mean, leaving 1 year in contract seems like in line with our other players when renewing.
for all we know we wanted to do that but couldn't find a buyer or Pogba didn't want to leave last summer

we can't force him

RedDevil@84

Paul is on 290k pw or so. No one wants him at that wage and then have to pay United a hefty transfer amount

gorky_utd

If he renews, it will be great and I will be very happy to see him continue in a United shirt. Otherwise, sell him and replace him in this window.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
for all we know we wanted to do that but couldn't find a buyer or Pogba didn't want to leave last summer

we can't force him
We can't but we can make it clear to the fans. Named and shamed. It works both way anyway.

Strelok

I imagine him wanting £450k - £500k per week if he signs.

Any argument from Utd and he’ll just refer to De Gea‘s £375k per week.
Tbh I don't think £400-£500k a week is too much for a player of his calibre and commercial value. Barcelona is paying Griezmann over £800k a week.

However given:
1. His fat prick agent.

2. He has previously stated quite a number of times that he wants out.

3. He had a quite good Euro.

Imo he won't renew, in one year he'd get that same £400k-£500k a week elsewhere and a hefty signing bonus for both him and the fat prick. We're in a pretty shity situation to leave our £89m with only one year left in his contract, now they have all the cards and we have basically none. A big surprise for me if he'd renew.

For us, tactically it's quite hard to fit both him and Bruno in a midfield unless one moves to the wings. We should cash him in while we still can then buy someone to replace our McFred I think.

crossy1686

career ending
Tbh I don't think £400-£500k a week is too much for a player of his calibre and commercial value. Barcelona is paying Griezmann over £800k a week.

However given:
1. His fat prick agent.

2. He has previously stated quite a number of times that he wants out.

3. He had a quite good Euro.

Imo he won't renew, in one year he'd get that same £400k-£500k a week elsewhere and a hefty signing bonus for both him and the fat prick. We're in a pretty shity situation to leave our £89m with only one year left in his contract, now they have all the cards and we have basically none. A big surprise for me if he'd renew.

For us, tactically it's quite hard to fit both him and Bruno in a midfield unless one moves to the wings. We should cash him in while we still can then buy someone to replace our McFred I think.
Barcelona are financially fecked, we shouldn't be taking salary and wage structure examples from them

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm not at all convinced a team with Pogba AND Bruno in it can win the league. Just Pogba? Yes. Just Bruno? Yes.

There's a reason cars only have one steering wheel.

You'll need a midfield replacement for Pogba (who can sign for someone else on a free in a few months), how about a straight swap for Bakayoko?

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not at all convinced a team with Pogba AND Bruno in it can win the league. Just Pogba? Yes. Just Bruno? Yes.

There's a reason cars only have one steering wheel.

You'll need a midfield replacement for Pogba (who can sign for someone else on a free in a few months), how about a straight swap for Bakayoko?
Swap for Kante and it's a deal.

A midfield containing two quality players can win the league but a midfield containing McTomminay or Fred behind them won't.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Swap for Kante and it's a deal.

A midfield containing two quality players can win the league but a midfield containing McTomminay or Fred behind them won't.
It's England and Lampard/Gerrard all over again for me. They just don't compliment each other at all and lots of the things they're great at overlap.

crossy1686

career ending
It's England and Lampard/Gerrard all over again for me. They just don't compliment each other at all and lots of the things they're great at overlap.
I can see the comparison but that was back when England insisted on playing a flat 4-4-2. Thankfully managers these days try more adventurous formations that actually work for players. The biggest issue with Pogba and Bruno is that Pogba has openly wanted to leave for about 3 seasons and has played that way for a large chunk of his time at United

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I was actually more concerned if Pogba wins the Euro because that means Raiola will parade him out, get an agreement behind the club for a shit ton of agent money and fecks off at the end of next season. As it stands at least we still hold some power to persuade him to sign an extension. Losing him on a free would be mental.

MinGin

I do think that two Pogba are nearly the same style but there is different from surrounding,

1) We haven't some players like Benzema, Mbappé, Griezmann run behind the defender & often off the ball and correctly, (Bruno & Cavani will, but they haven't that speed like French Three Front). Did you saw Martial run behind the defender? Rarely. Did you saw Rashford run behind the defender? Yes, then you can replay some matches that Pogba exactly passed the direct ball like French Team. When he can't pass, he will hold the ball.
2) The pressing tempo, style and formation in national team is slower than premier league, Pogba has so much time to watch the location, movement and indication by other teammates
3) The class of partner is so different between Kante and Fred/McT

gica_7

I do think that two Pogba are nearly the same style but there is different from surrounding,

1) We haven't some players like Benzema, Mbappé, Griezmann run behind the defender & often off the ball and correctly, (Bruno & Cavani will, but they haven't that speed like French Three Front). Did you saw Martial run behind the defender? Rarely. Did you saw Rashford run behind the defender? Yes, then you can replay some matches that Pogba exactly passed the direct ball like French Team. When he can't pass, he will hold the ball.
2) The pressing tempo, style and formation in national team is slower than premier league, Pogba has so much time to watch the location, movement and indication by other teammates
3) The class of partner is so different between Kante and Fred/McT
I don't want to get too deep into French comparison with United as performing in a potentially 7 game tournament with a long season is not reasonable. In a season, every players role can change or it can be tweaked. But the addition of Sancho, United's attack will potentially have the balance and dimension that it lacked since that Tevez Rooney Ronaldo season. Our attack had to be too left sided for years now. It was easier for defenders and that's one of the reasons we struggled to open up deep teams.
Pogba's attacking performance can reach a more consistent level this year. Hence, the passes like he gave throughout the tournament.

With Pogba it is always a debate. He willingly attracts attention and everything he does good or bad catches the eye. The issue is his physical attributes makes all of us think he is an 8 or he can play the double pivot in a defensive midfielder set up. He is a 10 who is forced to play 8. If you play him 10, you will not ask most of the defensive stuff he is forced to. And that is the dilemma with him for this United side with Bruno. He has to play behind Bruno.

In basketball there is a theory called Ewing theory. It was made popular by Bill Simmons after one team reached the nba finals following the injury of its star player. It basically occurs after a team gets better following the departure, injury etc of its star player. For this United side there is a potential for that, especially if we can get the defensive midfielders right. But, I still believe whatever Pogba brings to the table exceeds whatever he takes off.

I honestly do not want to lose him. I especially want to see him with Sancho.