Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

sugar_kane

Very astute article from Taylor.

Pogba has made a career of pulling shit like this. Even if he goes to Barca he’ll be eventually agitating for a move to PSG or elsewhere. He’s in danger of becoming a very highly priced journeyman.

He has done barely anything to justify his fee since joining us and he the only reason he’s getting so much praise since the World Cup is because it’s a handy stick to beat Mourinho with.

Taylor makes a great point as well at the end about Ronaldo. He left in acrimony but made himself a club legend first. Pogba has achieved next to nothing in a United shirt nor has he shown any real respect for the club.

Zlatan and Van Persie had one decent season apiece with us and are OT legends because they respected the club and the fans and they played their bollocks off week in week out.

Fracture90

I like pogba as a player. He is exactly what we need if he is consistent. But surround me with tbe france squad at the world cup and we were winning it. Hes underperforming at united there is no question of it.
Very astute article from Taylor.

Pogba has made a career of pulling shit like this. Even if he goes to Barca he’ll be eventually agitating for a move to PSG or elsewhere. He’s in danger of becoming a very highly priced journeyman.

He has done barely anything to justify his fee since joining us and he the only reason he’s getting so much praise since the World Cup is because it’s a handy stick to beat Mourinho with.

Taylor makes a great point as well at the end about Ronaldo. He left in acrimony but made himself a club legend first. Pogba has achieved next to nothing in a United shirt nor has he shown any real respect for the club.

Zlatan and Van Persie had one decent season apiece with us and are OT legends because they respected the club and the fans and they played their bollocks off week in week out.
So he basically done nothing to contribute to France winning the world cup? It was all his teammates and people that are giving him some merit for it are just the ones that don't like Mourinho?

sugar_kane

So he basically done nothing to contribute to France winning the world cup? It was all his teammates and people that are giving him some merit for it are just the ones that don't like Mourinho?
He contributed but you’d think he won it single handedly for France from some of the coverage. For the most part of the competition he had a solid performance but nothing spectacular. Prior to the World Cup he was attracting criticism for his France peformances.

I do wonder if winning the World Cup could be detrimental for his development as he already thinks he’s made it. If he’s going to be a football legend he needs to tear it up week in week out.

Fracture90

Now I find one thing particularly interesting.

Under LVG football was bad, he had a plan, but football was bad, I mean really bad and he got all the blame for it, players were pretty much absolved from guilt. Their devotion and attitude were extremely rarely brought into question.

Under Mourinho football is bad, not yet the level of LVG bad but there were some games...i'd like to believe he's got a plan, or few…alas Mourinho is not getting nearly as much of blame that LVG has got for it whilst players are heavily criticised, their devotion, love for the club, abilities and attitude is under a constant firestorm of scrutiny. Most recently board, that has sanctioned close to £400 million to Mourinho and overall more than £700 million is also getting the blame.

If LVG has done what Mourinho has done and is doing regarding his antics, criticism, disrespect towards the club…

Also Pogba has shown he can perform for Conte, Alegri, Deschamps...not exactly "creme de la creme" but they've all won stuff.

Mcking

He contributed but you’d think he won it single handedly for France from some of the coverage. For the most part of the competition he had a solid performance but nothing spectacular. Prior to the World Cup he was attracting criticism for his France peformances.

I do wonder if winning the World Cup could be detrimental for his development as he already thinks he’s made it. If he’s going to be a football legend he needs to tear it up week in week out.
To be honest, the France world cup win was more solid than spectacular and Pogba was the epitome of that.

Fracture90

He was one of their best players for sure and whole world has seen him raising the team morale and spirit as well him being a leader in the dressing-room.

Could be what you're saying but I honestly believe it was Mourinho's comments after the WC that have pushed him to be this chatty with the media after the Leicester game.

Also when people are questioning his attitude and devotion, they seem to forget that he has cut short his rest after the world cup in order to play against the Leicester and be there for Mourinho and the team.

sugar_kane

To be honest, the France world cup win was more solid than spectacular and Pogba was the epitome of that.
I agree, and I find it weird that the media can in one breath say that Pogba needs letting off the leash by Mourinho while in the same breath praising his disciplined performances for France.

It was a solid team effort from France with occasional moments of magic from M’bappe.

sugar_kane

Under LVG football was bad, he had a plan, but football was bad, I mean really bad and he got all the blame for it, players were pretty much absolved from guilt. Their devotion and attitude were extremely rarely brought into question.
If I remember correctly there were plenty who blamed the players and not LVG (at least on this forum) but possibly the reason it was less frequent was that we weren’t even getting a shot on target in some games, which points to a tactical issue.

Mcking

I like pogba as a player. He is exactly what we need if he is consistent. But surround me with tbe france squad at the world cup and we were winning it. Hes underperforming at united there is no question of it.
I think people are seriously overrating that France world cup team especially their starting XI. Bar the CBs, Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann are probably the only ones you'd say yes, they've got that magic. The other players just ranges from solid to capable of doing a job. France had tactics and underwhelming performances from other top teams to thank for that win.

Fracture90

If I remember correctly there were plenty who blamed the players and not LVG (at least on this forum) but possibly the reason it was less frequent was that we weren’t even getting a shot on target in some games, which points to a tactical issue.
We probably had games like those under Mourinho, that were being discarded as just an off night.

el3mel

I think people are seriously overrating that France world cup team especially their starting XI. Bar the CBs, Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann are probably the only ones you'd say yes, they've got that magic. The other players just ranges from solid to capable of doing a job. France had tactics and underwhelming performances from other top teams to thank for that win.
Umm, add Kante to the mix and that's pretty much half of their main lineup, 6 out of 11.

Canagel

For the most part we've also struggled to create chances in games and towards the back of end of last season the football wasn't much better than LVG's.

Mcking

Umm, add Kante to the mix and that's pretty much half of their main lineup, 6 out of 11.
That post is meant to be from an attacking perspective. I think I worded that part you bolded incorrectly. Never meant to count the CBs.

el3mel

That post is meant to be from an attacking perspective. I think I worded that part you bolded incorrectly. Never meant to count the CBs.
Well attacking wise you have only excluded Giroud, so 1 average surounded by world class forwards and midfield will still look good nevertheless.

I think they have the most complete national team out of everyone. Everyone was predicting them to win something sooner or later and they finally did.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well attacking wise you have only excluded Giroud, so 1 average surounded by world class forwards and midfield will still look good nevertheless.

I think they have the most complete national team out of everyone. Everyone was predicting them to win something sooner or later and they finally did.
Also Lucas is underrated and was pretty good even going forward, for a defensive fullback, Pavard is a pretty good crosser too. The team is probably overrated but the individuals are very good.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Also Lucas is underrated and was pretty good even going forward, for a defensive fullback, Pavard is a pretty good crosser too. The team is probably overrated but the individuals are very good.
That's right.
And it's weird how some people disregard the fundamental work of guys like Matuidi or Giroud.
You don't get a great team putting eleven "magicians" in the starting eleven, you need some balance, especially in modern football.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's funny and shame that his world cup performance is downplayed because some journalists added some cheeky words to his interview.

Mcking

No, Kante, Matuidi, Giroud and the full backs too.
I think people, including me were backing them for the world cup because of the amount of quality French players out there, including the squad and those that were not called up. But that starting XI imo, is nothing to write home about.

el3mel

No, Kante, Matuidi, Giroud and the full backs too.
I think people, including me were backing them for the world cup because of the amount of quality French players out there, including the squad and those that were not called up. But that starting XI imo, is nothing to write home about.
Kante is world class.

gulli_G

"I'm under contract with Man Utd, there's been a little bit of stuff with the coach, the relationship is always the same, we have goals in the game, we want to win a lot, so long as we do not see the Barcelona jersey is that I am in Manchester ".

Getting sick of it now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Jesus. Doubt the guys in the studio can tie their own laces .
Just to re-emphasise, ESPN are banned over at r/RedDevils for descending into being nothing other than clickbait and shock jocks. Don’t give them the time of day, lads.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Irrational.

"I'm under contract with Man Utd, there's been a little bit of stuff with the coach, the relationship is always the same, we have goals in the game, we want to win a lot, so long as we do not see the Barcelona jersey is that I am in Manchester ".

Getting sick of it now.
Waiting for the #Pogdefenders to try and claim this is a misquote, even when it comes from the horse's mouth.

The guy is not committed to us and is a complete mercenary.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Here’s the source if one of our French fans wants to clarify this one.

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/telefoot/vid...pendant-cette-coupe-monde-me-suis-libere.html
There is two point to make first the way he answered about Mourinho kind of confirm that they don't really have a good relationship and he really should shut up about it, I said it earlier but the french journos that initially reported it are the serious type so it was never really in doubt but he really need to stop answering questions about it.
Secondly, the journalist asked if the talks for a transfer to Barcelona or Juventus were rumours and he answered "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours.", basically "yes these are rumours".

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Getting sick of it now.
Every time he opens his mouth he makes it worse.

Alabaster Codify7

We're just the Pogba and Mourinho sideshow, right now. I yearn for the days when we made our noise on the pitch.

SER19

I still think they were the strongest and had you subbed out Pogba for any one of their spare midfielders they would have won. I don’t think they’re a great team but no way did Pogba elevate them

Mcking

There is two point to make first the way he answered about Mourinho kind of confirm that they don't really have a good realitionship and he really should shut up about it, I said it earlier but the french journos that initially reported it are the serious type so it was never really in doubt but he really need to stop answering questions about it.
Secondly, the journalist asked if the talks for a transfer to Barcelona or Juventus were rumours and he answered "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours.", basically "yes these are rumours".
But the #pogbashers will make it look like he said, "ah yeah.... I love the Barcelona shirt and ermm I'd like to wear it ermm and I jus have to manage Man utd....for ermm"

SER19

He did contribute. He was very good in some games and had a great second half in the final. But I think France would have won it without him.

Irrational.

The Donald Trumps of the forum.

Fake Quotes
:lol:

Saint Paul can do no wrong in the eyes of some. It's all the horrible media manipulating his quotes, Woodward, f*cking Mourinho playing shit football - basically anything except owning up to the fact that our most expensive signing in the history of the club is doing everything he can to engineer a move away.

Let's all conveniently forget the numerous interviews, letting his agent run wild disrespecting the club and club legends, the captaincy, the shit performances and the lack of effort on the pitch. All fake news.

He needs to shut up and put some focus on the pitch. After that, good riddance. I'd rather have someone who wants to be here. He's done nothing in his two years here to justify us falling arse over tit for him. At least players like Ronaldo, Beckham and RvN earned their moves away. Also players like Ibra, RvP and even Larsson did so much more to endear themselves to the fans in the short time they were here than Pogmoney will ever do. It's not hard to get the fans and the club on side, he's doing everything except that.

el3mel

At what he does, yeah. As a midfielder, for me, he's a solid consistent performer.
He puts the platform for the rest to push forward freely. It must be a dream to play beside him, doesn't stop running all over the pitch and does all the dirty work for everyone else.

Fracture90

He did contribute. He was very good in some games and had a great second half in the final. But I think France would have won it without him.
Oh well we're all entitled to an opinion. I honestly doubt N'zonzi and Tolisso could have pulled off the things he's done on that WC.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh well we're all entitled to an opinion. I honestly doubt N'zonzi and Tolisso could have pulled off the things he's done on that WC.
Few Jose fans are very creative with their excuses.

Irrational.

Dislikes Mourinho. I am cool with that.
Absolutely fine. But is there any reason to air this in public? And now? Can he not settle this without the cameras and the circus?

He's just creating an aura of instability around the club at a fragile time, and shit like this can only adversely affect team performances.

Mcking

I still think they were the strongest and had you subbed out Pogba for any one of their spare midfielders they would have won. I don’t think they’re a great team but no way did Pogba elevate them
You could easily say the same for all the other players though. Sub any of them for any other player in the squad and they'd probably win it. Pogba - and Mbappe perhaps - would be the biggest loss in that team btw.

Bobski

Absolutely fine. But is there any reason to air this in public? And now? Can he not settle this without the cameras and the circus?

He's just creating an aura of instability around the club at a fragile time, and shit like this can only adversely affect team performances.
He will do this wherever he is at, it is not really about Mourinho. Raiola contributes massively of course but Pogba is tremendously self absorbed.