Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

SER19

You could easily say the same for all the other players though. Sub any of them for any other player in the squad and they'd probably win it. Pogba - and Mbappe perhaps - would be the biggest loss in that team btw.
Yes arguably. It was a talented squad and them winning it should not be some extra leverage for Pogba whomp has grossly underperformed at united. If he needs the very best around him to look like he gives a feck away at Brighton then there’s a huge problem .

Darkhorsez

There is two point to make first the way he answered about Mourinho kind of confirm that they don't really have a good realitionship and he really should shut up about it, I said it earlier but the french journos that initially reported it are the serious type so it was never really in doubt but he really need to stop answering questions about it.
Secondly, the journalist asked if the talks for a transfer to Barcelona or Juventus were rumours and he answered "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours.", basically "yes these are rumours".
Thanks for clarifying the comments. Agree that he should say less and let the talking happen on the pitch. But the journalists and media have certainly abused these comments to create stories that do not exist. Young people today are different to the past - I am basing this on people I work with and also my own kids. There is a sense entitlement and wanting things straightaway and they are all so into social media. I really think that Pogba will make it good at Utd and all this stuff is 80 % bs made up by the media. So I don’t pay attention to it much. Hope he remains focused on football and not get distracted. I will be gutted if we lose him and I don’t think we will.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don't think Pogba will ever be the player for United that you need him to be.

Look at the midfielders he was playing or competing with during his seasons at Juve.....

12/13 - Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio
13/14 - Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio
14/15 - Marchisio, Vidal
15/16 - Marchisio, Khedira

He played with some of the best midfielders in the world at that time, which allowed him a lot more freedom and allowed him to get away with things he is now being found out for.

He's come in at United and has been playing in a midfield with the likes of Herrera, Fellaini, occasionally Blind, an ageing Carrick, McTominay and Matic. All very good players on their day, but a step down from the consistency and quality he played with at Juve. The onus is now on him to be the main-man and to bring the quality up of those around him. He doesn't seem capable of being able to do that.

The point is highlighted by the World Cup, when he found himself in a midfield with Kante and Matuidi, and low and behold he's a world-beater again!

What's more, Juve haven't really missed him. If anything, they're a better team since he left.

You either need to make massive improvements to the midfield and team around him, or move him on.
I think Fred is supposed to provide a bit more quality for him to work with, and Matic being the solid partner. I think those 3 could be a very effective midfield trio.

Moonred

Absolutely fine. But is there any reason to air this in public? And now? Can he not settle this without the cameras and the circus?

He's just creating an aura of instability around the club at a fragile time, and shit like this can only adversely affect team performances.
From out Perspective, yes, ideally he should stop. But that’s him, he feels he needs to give it back as he gets it. I can understand that too. Not everyone will think and work the same.

It may or may not have any effect on his performances but it will definitely gather attention and give people an excuse.

Fracture90

Thanks to @JPRouve and other French speaking folk for providing us with a proper translation to confront those purposely inaccurately translated quotes and the ones take out of context .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Absolutely fine. But is there any reason to air this in public? And now? Can he not settle this without the cameras and the circus?

He's just creating an aura of instability around the club at a fragile time, and shit like this can only adversely affect team performances.
The damages have already been done. Every journalists ask that question or insinuate something in every interviews and article, the issue for me on that particular subject is the very first leak when someone told reliable journalists about Mourinho and Pogba relationship, I suspect that it comes from Pogba's entourage because it was also reported that he had no intention to leave.

Rusholme Ruffian

Thanks to @JPRouve and other French speaking folk for providing us with a proper translation to confront those purposely inaccurately translated quotes and the ones take out of context .
Yes, confirmed that he's once again mouthing off about Manchester United's manager in the press. He is very well paid to play for the club, and at the moment he is destabilising the very organisation that pays him. It's ridiculous. Any manager would be well within their rights to drop a player that was constantly sniping in the press and destabilising team spirit at a time when we need to be together more than ever. It's almost as though he is willing Mourinho to do that in order to create more of a shitstorm and ultimately an environment that he has to 'escape' from...most probably to Barca.

Fracture90

Yes, confirmed that he's once again mouthing off about Manchester United's manager in the press. He is very well paid to play for the club, and at the moment he is destabilising the very organisation that pays him. It's ridiculous. Any manager would be well within their rights to drop a player that was constantly sniping in the press and destabilising team spirit at a time when we need to be together more than ever. It's almost as though he is willing Mourinho to do that in order to create more of a shitstorm and ultimately an environment that he has to 'escape' from...most probably to Barca.
Now tell me do you think what he said here is more serious than let's say for example if he said "no comment" on a question about his manager?

This is what you get with Mourinho, he has a go at his players so much, players are bound to respond eventually.

They're both club's employees and are expected to do what's best for the club, which obviously none of them is doing.

Posh Red

Mate, the very same manager mouthed off about him in the press when there was absolutely no reason to do so. Have you ever considered that he might be a 'human being' with thoughts and feelings etc?

Fracture90

Google translate must really hate Paul Pogba
Apparently as much as some of the posters here do.

Funny really, fans complain how media has an agenda against the club and Mourinho, but everytime some purposely inaccurate translation appears, they're the first ones to jump on it and take it as an absolute truth, the gospel of sorts.

How many times have you gotten a proper translation from Google translate when translating entire sentences?

Rusholme Ruffian

Now tell me do you think what he said here is more serious than let's say for example if he said "no comment" on a question about his manager?

This is what you get with Mourinho, he has a go at his players so much, players are bound to respond eventually.

They're both club's employees and are expected to do what's best for the club, which obviously none of them is doing.
Has Mourinho really had that much of a go at Paul Pogba in the press? Apart from his comments during the summer - which were actually fair enough once you strip away the hysterical reporting of them - I don't recall him saying much negative about him at all.

Simple question. Do you think Paul Pogba's comments in recent weeks have helped the club?

Rusholme Ruffian

Mate, the very same manager mouthed off about him in the press when there was absolutely no reason to do so. Have you ever considered that he might be a 'human being' with thoughts and feelings etc?
Aw bless his little cotton socks. He is an employee of the club first and foremost and should shut the feck up, buckle down and play football.

Fracture90

@.Rossi also forgot to mention, I'll take a translation from an actual French speaking people any day, than translation from a journo armed with Google translate.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Google translate must really hate Paul Pogba
I have seen that in politics but I think that it's the first time where I see every quotes from a sportsman being doctored that way. From an ethic standpoint it's baffling.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Apparently as much as some of the posters here do.

Funny really, fans complain how media has an agenda against the club and Mourinho, but everytime some purposely inaccurate translation appears, they're the first ones to jump on it and take it as an absolute truth, the gospel of sorts.

How many times have you gotten a proper translation from Google translate when translating entire sentences?
I have absolutely no interest in discussing this with you

Posh Red

Has Mourinho really had that much of a go at Paul Pogba in the press? Apart from his comments during the summer - which were actually fair enough once you strip away the hysterical reporting of them - I don't recall him saying much negative about him at all.

Simple question. Do you think Paul Pogba's comments in recent weeks have helped the club?
You have some serious double standards. Mourinho criticises Pogba whilst he is playing well at the World Cup and its fine. Pogba says has a professional working relationship with his boss and this is dragging the club through the dirt? I'm lost.

Fracture90

Mourinho's words during the summer didn't help, that's for sure. His star signing coming off an WC victory and his manager questioning him instead of congratulating him will always create more problems.

No I don't think they've helped, but that's the bed Mourinho has set and he needs to lie in it.

Do you think Mourinho's antics, throwing players under the bus, belittling the club and his goings at the board have helped the club?

If you remember Pogba never spoke to the media in this manner before, not even when he was dropped for the likes of Fellaini and MCT last season, it only began after Mourinho's WC comments.

Posh Red

Aw bless his little cotton socks. He is an employee of the club first and foremost and should shut the feck up, buckle down and play football.
I don't even understand what you mean? He is playing football. He's been one of our better players this season. How does a few generic answers to a French Journalist change any of that?

Rusholme Ruffian

Mourinho's words during the summer didn't help, that's for sure. His star signing coming off an WC victory and his manager questioning him instead of congratulating him will always create more problems.

No I don't think they've helped, but that's the bed Mourinho has set and he needs to lie in it.

Do you think Mourinho's antics, throwing players under the bus, belittling the club and his goings at the board have helped the club?

If you remember Pogba never spoke to the media in this manner before, not even when he was dropped for the likes of Fellaini and MCT last season, it only began after Mourinho's WC comments.
This is a thread for discussing Pogba isn't it? Plenty of threads to choose from for talking about Mourinho.

I don't even understand what you mean? He is playing football. He's been one of our better players this season. How does a few generic answers to a French Journalist change any of that?
It's not only these quotes though is it? Practically every week since the start of the season there have been new quotes.

Nope he doesn’t need to shut the feck up if he chooses not to and continue to show his dislike for the manager.
Yep, who cares about the club anyway?

Fracture90

This is a thread for discussing Pogba isn't it? Plenty of threads to choose from for talking about Mourinho.
This is a thread to discuss Pogba's words to the media and we're doing exactly that by going all the way to the beginning and looking for the cause of it.

Mcking

Yes arguably. It was a talented squad and them winning it should not be some extra leverage for Pogba whomp has grossly underperformed at united. If he needs the very best around him to look like he gives a feck away at Brighton then there’s a huge problem .
Arguably of course, because no other player in that France squad even come close to possessing Pogba's skillset.
Like I said, France had tactics and the overall performance of other top teams to thank for that win. Pogba, his skillset and performances were absolutely vital to that tactics. Replace him with another player and they'd probably had won, but it'd be a more than slightly different team.

spiriticon

I think we just need to accept that neither Mourinho nor Pogba gives a shit about what media write. They just blab without thinking of consequences and it's the scourge of modern day football and totally against what this club used to stand for.

Whether they are right or wrong, it's an opinion but you can't really side one over the other.

While I wouldn't call for them to be sacked or sold, I wouldn't be heartbroken either if both left the club and took their media shitstorm with them.

Rusholme Ruffian

This is a thread to discuss Pogba's words to the media and we're doing exactly that by going all the way to the beginning and looking for the cause of it.
So you think that Mourinho saying the following is justification for Pogba destabilising the whole club 4 games into a new season?

"I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him, it's about him giving the best he has to give,"

"I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give [their] best.

"Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

"During a season, you can have a big match then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration, then comes a big match again.

"In the World Cup, the direction of the emotion, of the responsibility, of the big decisions is always growing up.

"You are in the group phase, you go to the last 16, to the quarter-finals, to the semi-finals, to the finals. This feeds the motivation. This feeds the concentration of a player.

"So I think it was the perfect environment for him."

"I think players in the World Cup, they really feel that extra commitment with a country, with the people, that extra responsibility that makes them - by the emotional point of view - to be sometimes even over-committed," Mourinho added.

"So they play for the team, and only for the team, and the team is the most important thing, and they do everything to try to succeed.

"So I think it's the perfect environment for a talented player like him to focus, to fully focus on the job."

Seven Seas Sardines

"I'm under contract with Man Utd, there's been a little bit of stuff with the coach, the relationship is always the same, we have goals in the game, we want to win a lot, so long as we do not see the Barcelona jersey is that I am in Manchester ".

Getting sick of it now.
For me, that's the final straw. I don't care if he's Messi. Get him the feck out. He's becoming the most punchable face in north England, and that's a feat. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm backing Mourinho now. Sub the fecker and Play Matic, Fred, Pereira or Lingard in the midfield 3.

No man is bigger than Manchester United. If we had other owners we might have shown our true power and forced him to train with the academy for 4 years. It'd had been glorious. The weekly cries from the academy would've been worth more than the 200m transfer fee. :lol:

Last edited:

Rusholme Ruffian

Meh. He dislikes Jose and decided to not forcefully shower love for someone who gives it as much. He can do his work on the field as long as he is playing for us. Not the best case scenario for us but most things aren’t.
Like it or not the manager is the manager. It's fine to disagree with things that Mourinho has said/done - but once you start saying the players should be free to say whatever they want to the press then it is the beginning of total chaos.

spiriticon

So you think that Mourinho saying the following is justification for Pogba destabilising the whole club 4 games into a new season?

"I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him, it's about him giving the best he has to give,"

"I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give [their] best.

"Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

"During a season, you can have a big match then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration, then comes a big match again.

"In the World Cup, the direction of the emotion, of the responsibility, of the big decisions is always growing up.

"You are in the group phase, you go to the last 16, to the quarter-finals, to the semi-finals, to the finals. This feeds the motivation. This feeds the concentration of a player.

"I think players in the World Cup, they really feel that extra commitment with a country, with the people, that extra responsibility that makes them - by the emotional point of view - to be sometimes even over-committed," Mourinho added.

"So they play for the team, and only for the team, and the team is the most important thing, and they do everything to try to succeed.

"So I think it's the perfect environment for a talented player like him to focus, to fully focus on the job."
All he had to say was:

'We are delighted for Pogba and to win the World Cup is a brilliant acheivement. We look forward to having him back with us.'

No possible hidden meanings, no possible double entendres. Just plain congratulations.

Fracture90

I'm curious if you have conveniently left out that one "Pogba needs to ask himself why he was successful at the world cup" or you haven't found it?

Also do you think if Mourinho would be better off with just congratulating his star player on the success without these comments, you know for the peace in the house and club's wellbeing?

el3mel

You have some serious double standards. Mourinho criticises Pogba whilst he is playing well at the World Cup and its fine. Pogba says has a professional working relationship with his boss and this is dragging the club through the dirt? I'm lost.
Not double standards really. The way the boss treats his players should be different from the way players treat their boss. If your boss in work criticizes you, you don't go on and criticize him the same way. You will get yourself fired. That's how it goes on at any company. Some people always have authority over others. You don't put yourself head to head with your boss, he'll fire you whatever you talk about equality to him.