Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Rusholme Ruffian

All he had to say was:

'We are delighted for Pogba and to win the World Cup is a brilliant acheivement. We look forward to having him back with us.'

No possible hidden meanings, no possible double entendres. Just plain congratulations.
I don't see much wrong with what he actually said at all. In fact, I reckon if someone else had said it most United fans would have agreed wholeheartedly.

spiriticon

Not double standards really. The way the boss treats his players should be different from the way players treat their boss. If your boss in work criticizes you, you don't go on and criticize him the same way. You will get yourself fired. That's how it goes on at company. Some people always have authority over others. You don't put yourself head to head with your boss, he'll fire you whatever you talk about equalty to him.
In that case, Ed should fire Mourinho and Mourinho should fire Pogba.

I genuinely think this might be the best outcome....

Rusholme Ruffian

I'm curious if you have conveniently left out that one "Pogba needs to ask himself why he was successful at the world cup" or you haven't found it?
Just lifted the entire thing from a Sky Sports article - no conspiracy theories needed. It's a good question from Mourinho though isn't it? Especially given that most other neutral pundits commented on how disciplined Pogba was at the WC compared to how he plays at United.

el3mel

In that case, Ed should fire Mourinho and Mourinho should fire Pogba.

I genuinely think this might be the best outcome....
Yes Ed has authority over Mourinho and Glazers have authority over Ed. It's that way, but Pogba is the weakest link in power.

Glazers can fire Ed. Ed can fire Mourinho. Mourinho can bench Pogba. What can Pogba do ? Nothing except requesting transfer. He can't hurt anyone else. That's how any company works.

Moonred

Like it or not the manager is the manager. It's fine to disagree with things that Mourinho has said/done - but once you start saying the players should be free to say whatever they want to the press then it is the beginning of total chaos.
He isn’t saying whatever he wants. Saying they have a player coach relationship is a rather mild way of saying they don’t get along. I don’t see any straightforward solution apart from biting the bullet and let it be and hope they can continue to work on the field until one of them is gone or things get better for whatever reason.

spiriticon

Yes Ed has authority over Mourinho and Glazers have authority over Ed. It's that way, but Pogba is the weakest link in power.

Glazers can fire Ed. Ed can fire Mourinho. Mourinho can bench Pogba. What can Pogba do ? Nothing except requesting transfer. He can't hurt anyone else. That's how any company works.
A part of me does want a massive clean out at the club. Mind you though, sacking everybody and giving the Glazers all the power in the club would probably not be smart.

spiriticon

I don't see much wrong with what he actually said at all. In fact, I reckon if someone else had said it most United fans would have agreed wholeheartedly.
I don't really see what's wrong with what Pogba has said in this interview as well, assuming its translated correctly. I mean, swings and roundabouts I guess.

Fracture90

Just lifted the entire thing from a Sky Sports article - no conspiracy theories needed. It's a good question from Mourinho though isn't it? Especially given that most other neutral pundits commented on how disciplined Pogba was at the WC compared to how he plays at United.
Again why couldn't he just had congratulate his star player on his success and move on?

Those pundits are also commenting on how Mourinho has been unable to bring out the best out of Pogba, how we are awful to watch, how we part the bus way too often, how we aren't exciting to watch, how unorganised we are when attacking, how come DDG has again been our POTY. All legitimate questions as well, yet people frown and attack club legends accusing them of being negative when they bring them up.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No, Kante, Matuidi, Giroud and the full backs too.
I think people, including me were backing them for the world cup because of the amount of quality French players out there, including the squad and those that were not called up. But that starting XI imo, is nothing to write home about.
You don't need to have full XI world class in order to win trophies. Kante is a top player. Lucas is a good left back, only Giroud, Matuidi & Pavard are meh, but these players have purpose in the team.

Matuidi is in that XI just for tactical task to give balance in his midfield, Deschamps could have used Lemar or Dembele instead if he wants to field top class XI.
Giroud offers physical strength that can give balance in his attacks since both Griezmann & Mbappe lacks the physical strength.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We all thought Shaw was heading for the door and look at him now....back in the England fold, currently one of United's best players and talk of a new contract.

Things may likewise fall into place with Pogba. Probably not. If he does go though, I just hope United don't let him go on the cheap.

Woziak

Pogba is at the mercy of his Agent Raiola but he doesnt do himself any favours. It's clear he doesn't want to be at the club unless they give him a Pay Rise.

Most United Fans will always pick the club over any one individual player however good he may or may not be.

Woodward and Mourinho together should tell Pogba to stop making inflamatory statements in the press and then he can have his transfer in the summer providing the Club receive £175M or players that they want to the requested value.

Woodward should then call Raiola give him the news so he can find a buyer and at the same time tell him that United Never Ever Want To Do Any Transfers With Any Of His Clients In The Future!!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I agree, and I find it weird that the media can in one breath say that Pogba needs letting off the leash by Mourinho while in the same breath praising his disciplined performances for France.

It was a solid team effort from France with occasional moments of magic from M’bappe.
And Pogba

Barr

Are people shitting on Jose for this #pogshit show?
Jose has done or said a lot shit but when it comes to Pogba, Jose fecking bent backwards for this guy supported him, defended him when every pundit dog piled on his shit performances and gave him the captain's armband. A somewhat critical praise of the guy and he starts all this nonsense, man I can understand if Shaw or martial did something like this but Pogba doing this is not Jose's fault, this is just a guy who thinks he is bigger then he actually is.

Reactions: Jippy

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There is two point to make first the way he answered about Mourinho kind of confirm that they don't really have a good relationship and he really should shut up about it, I said it earlier but the french journos that initially reported it are the serious type so it was never really in doubt but he really need to stop answering questions about it.
Secondly, the journalist asked if the talks for a transfer to Barcelona or Juventus were rumours and he answered "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours.", basically "yes these are rumours".
As I suspected.

steeeb

I'm curious if you have conveniently left out that one "Pogba needs to ask himself why he was successful at the world cup" or you haven't found it?

Also do you think if Mourinho would be better off with just congratulating his star player on the success without these comments, you know for the peace in the house and club's wellbeing?
It was a motivational tactic to hopefully get him to focus. But it obviously hasn't worked.

Mcking

You don't need to have full XI world class in order to win trophies. Kante is a top player. Lucas is a good left back, only Giroud, Matuidi & Pavard are meh, but these players have purpose in the team.

Matuidi is in that XI just for tactical task to give balance in his midfield, Deschamps could have used Lemar or Dembele instead if he wants to field top class XI.
Giroud offers physical strength that can give balance in his attacks since both Griezmann & Mbappe lacks the physical strength.
Of course, a good number of their starters were just solid players that did a job. But people are making it look like they had Peak Zidane, Messi, Xavi and Maradona starting games so they were 100% going to win it.

Fracture90

It was a motivational tactic to hopefully get him to focus. But it obviously hasn't worked.
Could be, but utterly unnecessary one imo when a simple congratulation would be much more appropriate and much less likely to backfire.

If he really wanted to achieve that, then he obviously misjudged Pogba and that again reflects poorly on Mourinho since Pogba is his star signing and he got to work with and get to know him for over 2 years now.

Cloud7

"You can fix a broken nose, but not the pride of conceding a goal." Imagine #Pogshit saying that. :lol: We really need men in our team, too many spoilt brats.
Are people shitting on Jose for this #pogshit show?
Jose has done or said a lot shit but when it comes to Pogba, Jose fecking bent backwards for this guy supported him, defended him when every pundit dog piled on his shit performances and gave him the captain's armband. A somewhat critical praise of the guy and he starts all this nonsense, man I can understand if Shaw or martial did something like this but Pogba doing this is not Jose's fault, this is just a guy who thinks he is bigger then he actually is.
Do both of you realize how childish this #Pogshit is. I mean I would like to think that you’re adults. It’s about as clever as someone going around saying “Joshit Moaninho”.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course, a good number of their starters were just solid players that did a job. But people are making it look like they had Peak Zidane, Messi, Xavi and Maradona starting games so they were 100% going to win it.
Am I missing something or could you tell me where people are making it that way? From page 23 I read all your posts that you replied to, it seems that you just interpreted that people think the France team is like Zidane, Messi & etc. No one in here think they are that superior as a team unless what you meant by "people" are people in your local Nigeria or France. Honestly, I never heard people call France to be 100% going to win it until they defeated Belgium, even I thought Belgium was going to win it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did he seriously give another interview about it? :lol: Fecking hell. I was hesitant about getting Pogba while it was just rumors, but obviously got caught up with the excitement once it happened. Shouldve trusted my gut. Cant wait til we sell him. Really dont like him as a United player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Am I missing something or could you tell me where people are making it that way? From page 23 I read all your posts that you replied to, it seems that you just interpreted that people think the France team is like Zidane, Messi & etc. No one in here think they are that superior as a team unless what you meant by "people" are people in your local Nigeria or France. Honestly, I never heard people call France to be 100% going to win it until they defeated Belgium, even I thought Belgium was going to win it.
Leave France out of it, no one thinks that around here.:)

Apokalips

We've had these kind of sagas even with legends like Rio and Keano. I remember Keane becoming the first 50k a week player after a big stand off. Pretty sure he immediately repaid that with 2 goals at Highbury

Anyway, this sort of thing is part and parcel of the posturing that goes on in negotiations. Jose had the same with PSG. I think we all need to calm down, especially those with this seemingly crazy desperation to hate Pogba

Canagel

Now tell me do you think what he said here is more serious than let's say for example if he said "no comment" on a question about his manager?

This is what you get with Mourinho, he has a go at his players so much, players are bound to respond eventually.

They're both club's employees and are expected to do what's best for the club, which obviously none of them is doing.
For me this is it. mourinho set the precedent with his calling out of players last season. That's why he never lasts longer than 3 seasons at any club. Players will get tired of it eventually. Yes this season he has been largely positive (in the PL) and given Pogba the captaincy but the damage has already been done. The comments after the world cup didn't help at all in that regard.

RedDevil5

I'm done with him. Enjoy Spain or the US or wherever you go Paul. You come in, perform like shite for most of your time, make stupid comments to the press, and your agent, almost certainly at your orders, disses the club and legends like Scholes. Even if not directed by you, you are obviously OK with it because you keep him as your agent. And you expect us to make you the highest paid player in the country? Laughable.

Bye. Fergie was right about you and your agent. Both clowns.

RedDevil5

We've had these kind of sagas even with legends like Rio and Keano. I remember Keane becoming the first 50k a week player after a big stand off. Pretty sure he immediately repaid that with 2 goals at Highbury

Anyway, this sort of thing is part and parcel of the posturing that goes on in negotiations. Jose had the same with PSG. I think we all need to calm down, especially those with this seemingly crazy desperation to hate Pogba
You are partly correct. But do we see this happening with Lukaku, who has the same agent? No we do not. That is because Lukaku, who has played a lot better than Paul here at United, is not a baby like Pogba is. This is all Pogba wanting out. Nothing else IMO.

RedDevil5

Pogba is at the mercy of his Agent Raiola but he doesnt do himself any favours...
Sorry, but no he is not. Raiola works for Pogba, not the other way around. Like I said above, do we see this happen with Lukaku? No. Pogba is fine with Raiola as his agent.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
He can‘t ever shut up, can he? Why not do the talking on the pitch?

It‘s like he thinks the football scene is his own version of the Kardashians show and he is the main event

el3mel

Sorry, but no he is not. Raiola works for Pogba, not the other way around. Like I said above, do we see this happen with Lukaku? No. Pogba is fine with Raiola as his agent.
Raiola controls most of his players as puppets. See the Donnarumma saga with Milan earlier on.

Last edited:

Fracture90

For me this is it. mourinho set the precedent with his calling out of players last season. That's why he never lasts longer than 3 seasons at any club. Players will get tired of it eventually. Yes this season he has been largely positive (in the PL) and given Pogba the captaincy but the damage has already been done. The comments after the world cup didn't help at all in that regard.
Stuff he does in his first 2 years most often than not come back to bite him in the 3rd year.

Rusholme Ruffian

I don't really see what's wrong with what Pogba has said in this interview as well, assuming its translated correctly. I mean, swings and roundabouts I guess.
One is the manager, the other is a player. There's a big difference - surely you can see that? I'm always hesitant to compare football to normal work, but I'm going to do it just this once. If your manager at work chooses to make some (fairly minor) criticism of you public then much as you might hate it, and much as you might think it unethical or whatever you have 2 choices, swallow it down and come back stronger and better, or walk away. No organisation would settle for you continuing to take the corporate dollar and simultaneously making public statements that weaken the position of the company itself.

And we're not just talking about this one interview with Pogba are we? On its own it is pretty minimal, but this is on top of the stuff earlier in the season (e.g. the 'if I say what I really think I'll be fined' shit, directly after our openeing game of the season - a game that we'd won in tricky circumstances and in which he had been captain).

Again why couldn't he just had congratulate his star player on his success and move on?

Those pundits are also commenting on how Mourinho has been unable to bring out the best out of Pogba, how we are awful to watch, how we part the bus way too often, how we aren't exciting to watch, how unorganised we are when attacking, how come DDG has again been our POTY. All legitimate questions as well, yet people frown and attack club legends accusing them of being negative when they bring them up.
Yes, and there are a multitude of threads available to you to discuss all of that Mourinho stuff, This, though, is a thread specifically about Pogba. Mourinho has actually been a hell of lot harder on the likes of Luke Shaw than he has been on Pogba and yet Shaw has managed to keep his counsel, not say anything detrimental to team spirit, work bloody hard, and is now getting his just rewards. Pogba, unfortunately, wants a move to Barca and so is running his mouth off in a way that is clearly designed to be destabilising to the club - I can't see how any United fan can defend that.

Fracture90

One is the manager, the other is a player. There's a big difference - surely you can see that? I'm always hesitant to compare football to normal work, but I'm going to do it just this once. If your manager at work chooses to make some (fairly minor) criticism of you public then much as you might hate it, and much as you might think it unethical or whatever you have 2 choices, swallow it down and come back stronger and better, or walk away. No organisation would settle for you continuing to take the corporate dollar and simultaneously making public statements that weaken the position of the company itself.

And we're not just talking about this one interview with Pogba are we? On its own it is pretty minimal, but this is on top of the stuff earlier in the season (e.g. the 'if I say what I really think I'll be fined' shit, directly after our openeing game of the season - a game that we'd won in tricky circumstances an
So you wanna make it into a hierarchy thing? Fine, imagine if Woodward has come out and questioned Mourinho regarding his commitment and attitude after all the outbursts Mourinho has had and especially after his little flirt with PSG? Now imagine the mother of all hellstorms Mourinho would throw at Woodward in that scenario? Would you be saying "mate CEO is a CEO and a manager's a manager"?

You need to understand that pro sports isn't like your normal 9 to 5 job, and much depends on public opinion and confidence. Even there your bosses don't get a pass for publicly berating you (trust me I had some cnuts of bosses myself) unless they're the owners as well, in that case you're fked.

Basically one cannot be forgiven because he's a manger, whilst other is criticised for following his manager's example, something his manager has been doing from day one and be expected to behave as he's the order and more experienced one.

Negatively only breeds more negativity.

Yes, and there are a multitude of threads available to you to discuss all of that Mourinho stuff, This, though, is a thread specifically about Pogba. Mourinho has actually been a hell of lot harder on the likes of Luke Shaw than he has been on Pogba and yet Shaw has managed to keep his counsel, not say anything detrimental to team spirit, work bloody hard, and is now getting his just rewards. Pogba, unfortunately, wants a move to Barca and so is running his mouth off in a way that is clearly designed to be destabilising to the club - I can't see how any United fan can defend that.
Hey mate just because you've decided to ignore the cause and head straight for the outcome, that's your business, I won't stop just because you don't fancy reading about it. Feel free to put me on ignore. As I said before we're discussing Pogba's actions and what caused him to do so.

Fair play to Shaw, but not every player is alike. We have seen what he's capable during LVG's days and then we've seen Mourinho slanting a 20+ y old boy coming off an horrible injury and right when he was starting to play well, dropping him again (like last season) for Young.

Woziak

Lukaku is no longer Raiola's client, he is now under Jay Z's RocNation and subsequently his behaviour is exemplary!

Fracture90

@Rusholme Ruffian BTW I'm not defending Pogba, he shouldn't have said what he has said after the Leicester game, I'll always condemn that. I'm merely stating that imo it has a lot to do with Mourinho and his antics.

Rusholme Ruffian

So you wanna make it into a hierarchy thing? Fine, imagine if Woodward has come out and questioned Mourinho regarding his commitment and attitude after all the outbursts Mourinho has had and especially after his little flirt with PSG? Now imagine the mother of all hellstorms Mourinho would throw at Woodward in that scenario? Would you be saying "mate CEO is a CEO and a manager's a manager"?

You need to understand that pro sports isn't like your normal 9 to 5 job, and much depends on public opinion and confidence. Even there your bosses don't get a pass for publicly berating you (trust me I had some cnuts of bosses myself) unless they're the owners as well, in that case you're fked.

Basically one cannot be forgiven because he's a manger, whilst other is criticised for following his manager's example, something his manager has been doing from day one and be expected to behave as he's the order and more experienced one.

Negatively only breeds more negativity.

Hey mate just because you've decided to ignore the cause and head straight for the outcome, that's your business, I won't stop just because you don't fancy reading about it. Feel free to put me on ignore. As I said before we're discussing Pogba's actions and what caused him to do so.

Fair play to Shaw, but not every player is alike. We have seen what he's capable during LVG's days and then we've seen Mourinho slanting a 20+ y old boy coming off an horrible injury and right when he was starting to play well, dropping him again (like last season) for Young.
How can it not be a hierarchy thing!?!? The manager is paid to try and get the best out of his players. You may disagree with his methods, but it's absolutely within his remit - and whilst I don't agree with everything that Mourinho has said about all of his players I don't have a massive problem with what he has said about Pogba...in fact it sounds bang on the nail. A player, on the other hand, is paid to play to the best of his ability - he is subordinate to his manager. What is so tricky to understand here?

If Ed wanted to come out and say 'Jose flourished in his role as TV World Cup pundit for x,y and z reasons, and I'd like to see him apply some of that at Manchester United', I might not agree with his methods, but I'd defend his right to say it! And if Jose then decided to give cryptic interviews every few days which demonstrably undermined what Woodward had said previously about stability, morale and togetherness within the club then I would say the same to him him as I have said about Pogba - buckle down, shut your mouth and do your fecking job.

Traub

Lukaku is no longer Raiola's client, he is now under Jay Z's RocNation and subsequently his behaviour is exemplary!
I think the footballing side is still covered by Raiola.