Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
One day his says this, the other day a complete opposite. Pretty clear Raiola is whispering in his ears. You're the boss Pogba, He's your employee. How about giving the club a little respect despite of whatever it is you're planning to do? who knows, you might be able to get what you want and not looking like a complete tit at the same time.
He has actually been very consistent in what hes has been saying. What has been reported at times not so.

9 Stone Elvis

Not really when he says something is just a rumour and its reported as him saying it may be true. Its actually really funny how many people have not bothered to actually go and find out what was said before commenting.

Anyway what Pogba is doing is confirming that there is no love lost between him and Jose, but we all knew that anyway. None the less he should shut up about it now.
Im commenting on everything he has said. If he alludes to not getting on with Mourinho is that going to make the press more likely to speculate that he is leaving or wants to? Ive read quotes and translations of quotes and the whole damn thing is just tiresome.

Rusholme Ruffian

I don't really get this, he was specifically asked about them and basically said that it was only rumours.
Genuine question, is saying "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours" a turn of phrase that makes sense in French? Cos the English translation still sounds a bit of a weird thing to say to be honest.

Cassidy

Im commenting on everything he has said. If he alludes to not getting on with Mourinho is that going to make the press more likely to speculate that he is leaving or wants to? Ive read quotes and translations of quotes and the whole damn thing is just tiresome.
I already said he should shut up about it, so not sure why you asked that question.
The press will always speculate, people reacting to things like they are facts when they already know how the press are is what I was saying is silly

Cassidy

Genuine question, is saying "As long as you don't see me smiling with a jersey of Barcelona, these are only rumours" a turn of phrase that makes sense in French? Cos the English translation still sounds a bit of a weird thing to say to be honest.
I don't know about French, but in English is reads as a bit sarcastic.

Rusholme Ruffian

I don't think it's being on the other end of the spectrum to think everything is fine. I think people should know that professional sports is not a place where you're all friends and get along great. Maybe Pogba and Mourinho are at odds on some level, but my contention is that it's nothing out of the ordinary in a professional, competitive environment and it isn't a reason to think a player is mentally checked out and planning his exit. There are countless examples of professional teammates, coach-players, etc who had a difficult relationship and still went on to achieve great things without the team breaking apart.
Absolutely, but it's the keep giving the press the impression that there's a problem that is the issue, rather than the fact that the problem exists.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The turn of phrase is still weird in French tbh. He's a bit of a weirdo the way he speaks French tbh. Some turn of phrases leave me scratching my head.

Absolutely, but it's the keep giving the press the impression that there's a problem that is the issue, rather than the fact that the problem exists.
Absolutely spot on. That's the annoying thing, it seems the whole thing comes from a "me, me and all about me " mindset regarding Pogba. Whatever his intentions or not, deflecting a question or giving the most PR answer won't cost him anything at all

Rusholme Ruffian

The turn of phrase is still weird in French tbh. He's a bit of a weirdo the way he speaks French tbh. Some turn of phrases leave me scratching my head.

Absolutely spot on. That's the annoying thing, it seems the whole thing comes from a "me, me and all about me " mindset regarding Pogba. Whatever his intentions or not, deflecting a question or giving the most PR answer won't cost him anything at all
Cheers, good to get a French speaker's insight!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was being sarcastic and he is a bit shit with words, if I'm being honest.

Kostov

I'm starting to strangely dislike Pogba, a shame, but that's as much as I can take from an overrated prick like him who's done feck all for this club.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Where did I say that I think Pogba handles his own social media?

Even if what you said is true (which I'm not denying), his PR team will not post things out unless it has his consent.

I think Pogba and his PR team (and agent) are playing games on social media and I don't think it's a coincidence that his United related posts (since the Barcelona rumours started) have been limited.

FWIW, I like Pogba and want him to be a success here, so I don't have an 'agenda' before anyone starts with that nonsense.
Agreed. I also don't think its coincidental that over the last few days the Man Utd official twitter account has been putting out quotes from past legends talking up the honour of playing for us.

JPRouve

Scout
It's weird, cos he's actually pretty good at speaking English!
English is very easy compared to french, we have less words but more rules. In general football players speak like 10 years old kids that are still trying to understand grammar.

Rusholme Ruffian

English is very easy compared to french, we have less words but more rules. In general football players speak like 10 years old kids that are still trying to understand grammar.
Ah I see! I guess I just thought he must be pretty clever to have picked up English so well (although I suppose he's spent a lot of years here now) so it's a surprise to hear that he's not great in his first language.

JPRouve

Scout
Ah I see! I guess I just thought he must be pretty clever to have picked up English so well (although I suppose he's spent a lot of years here now) so it's a surprise to hear that he's not great in his first language.
Just an anecdote, the Knysna letter wasn't written by a player because they somehow realized that it would be ridiculous, so they asked Toulalan's lawyer to write it for them.:lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's not great in comparison to someone who's received a good education or someone who has taught himself by cultivating himself but he is understandable :lol: That is why I find it painful to watch interviews from footballers because they make my ears bleed generally speaking.

Rusholme Ruffian

He's not great in comparison to someone who's received a good education or someone who has taught himself by cultivating himself but he is understandable :lol: That is why I find it painful to watch interviews from footballers because they make my ears bleed generally speaking.
:lol: And I thought it was just English players that sound thick as shit! To our English ears foreign players often sound a lot more articulate than their British counterparts!

Gasolin

It's some kind of sarcasm, something to the tune of "as long as it's not done, it's not done".

Gasolin

Just an anecdote, the Knysna letter wasn't written by a player because they somehow realized that it would be ridiculous, so they asked Toulalan's lawyer to write it for them.:lol:
I forgot that story. This is great! Damn that day was bad in my memories... and I still don't get it, cause otherwise, players like Evra were fantastic with United.
I don't know what is worst for me: players respecting United but disrespecting France (at least Evra that day) or players respecting France but disrespecting United (if reports about Pogba are to be believed).

el3mel

Point is he did exactly similar things when he was preparing for a move here from Juve. Anyone remember this ?

All these quotes and talking about the rumors make it similar and thus inevitable to me.

Irrational.

Point is he did exactly similar things when he was preparing for a move here from Juve. Anyone remember this ?

All these quotes and talking about the rumors make it similar and thus inevitable to me.
This is déjà vu. He knows exactly what he's doing and I would be very surprised indeed if he's still in a United shirt by next season.

Also I keep hearing him complaining about other people "talking". It's like leaving out a steaming turd on your front porch on a hot summer's day and complaining 2 hours later about the stench and the number of flies.

There would be no drama if he could keep his trap shut and stay away from social media.

Renegade

Bin this dude. Bored of his subliminals, class player when everything is set up for him. Awful when he doesn’t fancy it. Make a profit and bring someone else in.

Last edited:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Lets just recover that investment and move on. We have lost better players than him.
Bin this dude. Bored of his subliminals, class player when everything is easy up for him. Awful when he doesn’t fancy it. Make a profit and bring someone else in.
Absolutely. He could be crucial for our recovery back to the top... only if he would want to.

Hes not a CR7 nor a Cantona. If the signs are true and he rather leave for sunny barcelona, au revoir

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Good National Team Break, looking forward to the next one

Media and some Caf members:

"Poor boy, he just has to go back to Manchester and Jose, play for that freak and patiently wait for next break to enjoy football and life."

Am I doing it right
?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
:lol: It's true. People get angry at him for trying to split defenses when it doesn't work, which is strange because without trying, how else can he do that? At the same time they want him to score and assist like a world class winger. They want him to run the game like Modric or Scholes. They want him to be a leader on the pitch like Roy Keane.

Am I missing anything else? Oh, they also want him to stop with his haircuts and dancing. They want his agent to stop being loyal to Pogba and tell him to shut up because he insults a pundit who currently has nothing to do with United. They want him to answer questions in a way where the media doesn't misconstrue what he's said.

If he doesn't do that he needs to leave the club even if he's better than his fellow midfielders. Apparently we need more players that are not as good as him, but live up to their low transfer fee, relatively speaking. Because as long as they live up to their small transfer fees, their actual in game performances aren't as important. Apparently we're supposed to compete for the biggest trophies with those kind of players rather than more talented players like Pogba.
This is a perfect summary of this thread lol

Ban

This is a perfect summary of this thread lol
Not really. Most of it is wrong. I love how he calls Scholes, a club legend, just a pundit who has nothing with United currently. Scholes will forever be an United man. Pogba will probably just be one of the players who wore the shirt.

Most people just want him to shut up and stop with the shit stirring. As @kouroux says he can easily dock the questions but he chooses not to.

Ban

I'm not the one to keep the track of players social networks and base anything on it but his Twitter profile is telling.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I just don't have this thinking or feeling about him the same way I did with peak Rooney / Ronaldo / Vidic / Giggs. Those players, when They were in decline or were rumored to leave made me feel worried because They were so good for us in the terms of contributions and performances. Pogba is a World Cup winner, young and contributed a lot to his national team yet I'm not really bothered or worried if He wants to leave.

Don't really give two shits about his Juve and France performances. He's at United now. If He fails to thrive here then what's difference between him and Di Maria? One doesn't have enough mentality to keep going, one has it but thinks He could do better elsewhere.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
As I said, Wayne Rooney, a club legend and football legend, got way more grief for a lot less than this lad

Some disagree with it but, I have my own theories on why there appears more of a defence for Pogba

meamth

I'm starting to strangely dislike Pogba, a shame, but that's as much as I can take from an overrated prick like him who's done feck all for this club.
Including that goal at Europa League final that took us to the CL? Weird comments.

Some of you lot keep mentioning he done nothing yet to this club, right you might be right, but that's just because haters like you made him go away.

Just sit down and wait till next transfer window, the football season has just begun.

I truly believe if we're having a good season, Pogba will stick with us.

sugar_kane

Just out of interest does anyone actually believe that if Mourinho were to leave Pogba would stay?

As others have pointed out I think Pogba only sees us a stepping stone and this would always have happened.

Perhaps the soured relationship with Mourinho has accelerated things but based on Pogba’s track record and his agent it seems inevitable.

Just out of interest does anyone actually believe that if Mourinho were to leave Pogba would stay?

As others have pointed out I think Pogba only sees us a stepping stone and this would always have happened.

Perhaps the soured relationship with Mourinho has accelerated things but based on Pogba’s track record and his agent it seems inevitable.
I think it would depend on who the next manager was.