g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Acquire Me

Coach player relationship is fine. Giving 100% matters. Difficult to be pally with Mourinho, and he doesn’t forcefully have to show more love for someone he doesn’t like.
Show some respect for the club and fans would help.

Ace of Spades

It seems the media are just trying to create a problem when there isn't any. None of the players look like they have downed tools from the matches I have seen, and Jose seems to have the players still fighting at least, so the media need a new story. So now they start twisting quotes of our players. That is just a new level of pathetic.

RedDevil@84

Anyone having 200M can take him away from us. If no one wants him for that kind of money, then let him do what he said "Give his full for the club that he is under contract"

Cloud7

Not hard to see there’s a massive overlap between all the extremely Pro Mourinho people and all the people who are spewing so much hate against Pogba. I’m sure you’re all really enjoying this.

Loon

:lol:
He’s just pissing me off now. Doesn’t sound like he’s committed to the club at all.

Mickfoley

Don't like Jose but have had enough of this cretin. I hope Jose benchs him for the rest of the season.

Giggsyking

he has 3+1 years in his contract, either he brings 200m, or he can rotten on the bench.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Not hard to see there’s a massive overlap between all the extremely Pro Mourinho people and all the people who are spewing so much hate against Pogba. I’m sure you’re all really enjoying this.
Pretty sure nobody is enjoying the constant state of flux at the club at the moment.

RedDevil@84

He’s just pissing me off now. Doesn’t sound like he’s committed to the club at all.
It would be his loss if he is not committed. The only way he is going in recent future is for an astronomical bid and that bid would not come if he does not show enough commitment on the pitch.

Moonred

Show some respect for the club and fans would help.
He could do better ideally. But far more important and relevant is what he does on the field for however long he stays at the club. And that potentially deserves more criticism or discussion when warranted.

The interview snippet also seems to me a lot calmer and subdued than what it initially seemed to me and focuses more on the player coach dynamics which potentially is a wobbly at best.

And then there is always the new contract bigger pay angle which always drives player behaviour in interviews.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Seeing as how Sky Sports Germany grossly mistranslated his quotes, I'm not even going to trust anything that was translated on his relationship with Mourinho. All I saw was the video clip when he speaks on his future, unless you hear it from any United player's mouth, I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of the press these days.

Cloud7

Pretty sure nobody is enjoying the constant state of flux at the club at the moment.
Star players being pissed off because of a breakdown in the relationship with their manager, almost as if this has happened before several times to this same manager. There’s one constant here, and it’s not Pogba.

The_Order

Too selfish an individual to be a proper captain, Too immature to be a leader, shame too, he's got trucks of charisma, but he's self-centred attitude is starting to grate.

There are things you don't say, you just don't. He claims he came back here to prove something, all he's proven is that his petulance is only matched by that of Mourinho.

You want him, Barca? 250 million and we'll talk.

This hurts because I love the lad, but he clearly needs to grow the feck up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Get a good fee and I'll happily see him go. Frankly he hasn't even done enough for us to justify the fee we paid, let alone what Barca will have to pay.

As long as he's professional while he's here I really don't care.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
As an outsider, Pogba and Shaw do a lot of interviews. Probably more than Herrera.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Shouldn't this thread be closed by now? Are people still seriously thinking he said he'll see where his future lies in a few months? This is a non-story.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The circus won't be gone, because Jose is still here and we're Manchester United.

We were protected by the Godfather Fergie, who kept winning to shut people up. Now we are a wounded animal that the press keep prodding, there's always a different target whether it's Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Mourinho, lack of playing time for Rashford, Mourinho comments on xyz... Etc.
I agree. Saf was too strong to bully. He's been here sincr some pundits were wearing nappies.

You think pogba will knuckle down and not pulling this shit if he was coached by eddie howe? Or ryan giggs?

Do you think the media will somehow be more supportive towards giggs? Pochetino? Or whoever our next manager is? No. They'll crucify lesser manager for breakfast. It'll be much worse. You think the medis hated jose and it'll all walk with him? The media hated united, pochetinno will soon become the enemy the day he stepped into old trafford

HabeasC

Mistranslation or not, he is inviting all of this drama by speaking about it in public and creating that doubt.

We (incl. both Mourinho and Pogba) need to start dealing with grievances in private.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
We seriously need to cut all ties with this clown.

Ace of Spades

Pretty much, the same people who absolve Mourinho of anything negative are more than happy to spew abuse at players at the first opportunity they can get, without any confirmation whether the quotes are even accurate or not. It does not look like the relationship between the player and manager is bad as is being exaggerated in the media.

Also, not sure they should be enjoying it, as if the decision between a player and manager needed to be made, then I am sure the decision will probably be the player, especially if it is a quality player, as harsh as it sounds. It is a lot easier and cheaper to replace a manager than a player, that is just how football is today.

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So caf posting pics of pogba laughing in training and being sarcy as they deem it proof that there is no drama between mourinho and pogba are wrong?!

I'm flabbergasted to the maximus la.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
As soon as Barca or Real fess up the £200m + we will demand he is gone, and quite frankly I couldn't care less.

We probably won't get another talent like him anytime soon, but I am just tired of the endless drama.

Ace of Spades

Seeing as how Sky Sports Germany grossly mistranslated his quotes, I'm not even going to trust anything that was translated on his relationship with Mourinho. All I saw was the video clip when he speaks on his future, unless you hear it from any United player's mouth, I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of the press these days.
Yeah, the media seem desperate to stir shit up and create some story about us, even if there isn't any. I mean, what else can they write about that will get them as much attention as stuff about us.

MrHozl

Puppet master Raiola at it again. Shame Pogba is falling for his snaky council

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
As soon as Barca or Real fess up the £200m + we will demand he is gone, and quite frankly I couldn't care less.

We probably won't get another talent like him anytime soon, but I am just tired of the endless drama.
Yet you keep coming back to this place....

ash_86

Anyone seen Pogba hangout with Martial like ever? Being from same country they i guess they might hang out together like Fred and Pereira.

el3mel

Not hard to see there's a massive overlap between all the extremely anti Mourinho people and all the people who are spewing so many ridiculous excuses for Pogba's form and trash quotes as if his only problem is Mourinho. I'm sure you're all really enjoying this.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Anyone have the real quotes and not the media version?
It's hard to hear what the interviewers asks him about his future with Mourinho, but this is the answer Pogba gives,

"My future for now is at Manchester United, I've got plenty of years left on my contract. So I'm at Manchester United for now, after...." and the video cuts off. If someone has a longer clip, I'd be happy to translate more.

AgentP

In the interest of fairness, as much as ive had it with Pogba, here is a response to Crollas tweet. Still in my mind he doesnt back up the clib enough.

This guy posted the original Sky Germany interview link in his following post. I just used Google translate on the page and it does show that he said "in a few months". If anyone knows German here, just go the website and see the 4 minute interview to find out what he actually said.

The Firestarter

What do you wanna know ? Personally I'm discovering all of this with the caf tonight. Have been busy playing PES 2019 :lol:
Apparently there is a video with the interview , and there are some suspicions that the translation from French is incorrect.

BlueHaze

I really like him as a player but this is getting quite tiresome now. He won't be here next season regardless of who our manager is. I think it's obvious he wants to go because if he wanted to stay here you'd figure after 100 different stories about him wanting to leave he would deny at least one but no he hasn't said shite except for cryptic alien like messages. If he doesn't have the heart to play for this team then honestly he can just sod off and him and his agent can go bother another club.

Jonno

When there was endless speculation about Ronaldo leaving, I was very worried for our future.

When there was endless speculation about DDG leaving, I was very worried for our future.

When I read endless speculation about Pogba leaving, I couldn't care less.

He's not exactly setting the PL on fire is he? He's not exactly controlling games? He is an incredibly talented player, but he will never truly be recognised as a great like Scholes or Keane or Robson... or further afield like Zidane or Alonso or Xavi.... because he doesn't influence enough games and on the odd occasion he does, he seems to want the Ballon dor handed to him for it instead of the Man of the match. He also possesses that 'only child look' when he makes his first mistake. It's like he sulks with the world because of the mistake he made, and it impacts on his performance and it reminds me of playing under 18's 5 a side and the cocky kid makes a mistake.

Burnley away was the latest example of United carrying Pogba. Don't get me wrong, if he stopped running his mouth to the press and stopped undermining the team then I'd love him to stay and develop into a more consistent player, but he wants out, so flog him for 100 mill. He really does play for himself and I won't miss him if he leaves.

Souness for the w@nker that he is, is pretty much on the money with Pogba and I've agreed with his albeit over the top arguments for a good year now.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Good Riddance I say.....Pogba is the one Utd player who I absolutely would not miss if he was to leave tomorrow!!
Had enough of his attitude and now just dining out on his world cup win, Lets be brutally honest,Ferguson called it right the first time around!
Fecking hell... the "Fergie wanted rid of Pogba" myth, on a United forum. :houllier: