Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Jamie Shawcross

I hope he's reading this...although hes much more likely to be dabbing on instagram, wondering what cryptic statement to throw out next whilst loads of fans defend the idiot

Lyricist

Not saying Pogba should be sold for peanuts or below a ridiculously inflated sum. He’s got a contract at United shouldn’t sell such a commercially valuable player too quickly.
But looking at it from the buyers’ perspective: Why would Barca or Real actually splash 200 Million pounds on Pogba? Maybe PSG because he’s French. But imagine the players that could be bought for a combined sum of 200 million pounds. I think he’ll stay at least 2 more years unless someone pays insane money for him.

Fracture90

Imo it wasn't him getting dropped for Fellaini and MCT last season, but rather Mourinho's comments after the WC that are what's causing Pogba to be saying these things to the media.

Whenever there's a rift between the manager and player(s) it's the club that pays the price.

acnumber9

Any fans going to Watford or Wolves? Would like banners and/or songs showing Pogba what we think of his disgusting attitude and his pizza gurgling fecker pulling the strings, always looking to undermine the club.

Paul Pogbaaaaa, stay in the spaaa
With a 2.4 inch penis
We all know what he need is
Bell-ends from behind
Mino on his mind

Ooh-la-la Pogba, whatever will be will be
Rot in the stands and leave for free
Ooh-la-la Pogba, your hair looks like pee

It's not like criticising his performances is going to make him take note.
You should definitely go and do that.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
No mate I want him gone because hes clearly not seeing the wood for the trees. He is nowhere near the finished article, thats a fact. He wasnt THAT good at the world cup either, where is all this hype coming from if we look at it honestly? Hes young, and has so much more improvement to come, yet I have never heard him say that or acknowledge it. I personally have definately gone off him and wouldn't mind if he and his fat agent pissed off asap. Luke shaw nearly lost his leg and had to battle anxieties and depression, and has got his head down and taken the flak from the boss and come back stronger. THAT is the sort of character we want at this club, not fragile, arrogant, overpaid divas.
He was good at the WC, you're only hearing what the media wants you to hear. Pogba does not come across like that at all. One player who did come across like that at the WC was Greizmann, the darling of the Caf, Pogba was all about the team, Griezmann was talking about himself.

The amount of abuse Shaw has got since his injury was disgraceful as well. Hopefully he's back to his old self. Obviously Shaw is a very good player, obviously Pogba is a very good player, obviously Martial is a very good player. Hopefully all 3 will be brilliant for us in the near future. They're all young and will be more consistent over time.

Seven Seas Sardines

Not saying Pogba should be sold for peanuts or below a ridiculously inflated sum. He’s got a contract at United shouldn’t sell such a commercially valuable player too quickly.
But looking at it from the buyers’ perspective: Why would Barca or Real actually splash 200 Million pounds on Pogba? Maybe PSG because he’s French. But imagine the players that could be bought for a combined sum of 200 million pounds. I think he’ll stay at least 2 more years unless someone pays insane money for him.
PSG won't be able to buy him because of FFP unless they give us Mbappe in exchange which will never happen unfortunately.

Pogba+Martial for Mbappe+Verratti would be :drool:

Mcking

The funny thing is people think he's been shite but want 150-200m for him. Probably just frustrated. Who pays that for an apparently shite player?

Fracture90

The funny thing is people think he's been shite but want 150-200m for him. Probably just frustrated. Who pays that for an apparently shite player?
That's caf logic buddy. They want the price to be for the player he could become under the right manager.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Imo it wasn't him getting dropped for Fellaini and MCT last season, but rather Mourinho's comments after the WC that are what's causing Pogba to be saying these things to the media.

Whenever there's a rift between the manager and player(s) it's the club that pays the price.
I question whether a supposed imperfect relationship has been bigged up by a Raiola influenced Pogba knowing he can either get more money or go somewhere with more chance of winning things. Possibly both. Whether it's this or not, I don't like it one bit.

Canagel

Any fans going to Watford or Wolves? Would like banners and/or songs showing Pogba what we think of his disgusting attitude and his pizza gurgling fecker pulling the strings, always looking to undermine the club.

With a 2.4 inch penis
Bell-ends from behind
Mino on his mind

We should back the players and manager. Infact our manager has come out and said things much worse than Pogba in the aftermath of the Sevilla defeat blaming the heritage of the club instead of taking responsibility. We still back the manager and the players should be the same.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well everyone knows what he's capable of. It's just that he doesn't do it anywhere near enough. I don't rate how he's played for us overall. Really a handful of games where he's looked like what we've wanted, and as many shocking performances. I expect something like just over 100m for him though in this market.
In a team that relies on him less and a system that works better he'll likely look more consistent, or it'll at least be less obvious if he isn't.

I believe Jose is at fault for not getting the most out of our players. But it's also been clear that Pogba hasn't been giving his all at times.

buchansleftleg

All he has to say is "I'm a United player- next question"

Even better he says "I want to win trophies with United"

Best would be he actually commits himself and plays consistently at the highest level possible rather than switching it on when he feels like it.

Fracture90

I question whether a supposed imperfect relationship has been bigged up by a Raiola influenced Pogba knowing he can either get more money or go somewhere with more chance of winning things. Possibly both. Whether it's this or not, I don't like it one bit.
Probably so.

Fracture90

How the fans are fickle. All it takes for them to go into full rage mode against a player is few I wager purposely misquoted sentences.

UTD fans are always complaining how the media has got an agenda against the club and the manager yet they proceed to trust bunch of shitt from the exact same media they complain about.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He isn't shite, of course not. He's one of the most talented players of his generation. He's inconsistent and a bit of a pussy. Much has been made of the social media following Juve gained after signing Ronnie, Pogba is also one of those highly marketable players, which obviously increases his value in the crazy landscape of the current market. But we bought him for 90m pre Neymar market inflation. Since then he's won a World Cup and become even more marketable. When you have to spend 70m on a decent defender Pogba is not going to be sold for 100m. I said this before in the thread, but if he goes, the likely scenario isn't that we get 150-200m, but that we get quality in exchange.

Mcking

We should back the players and manager. Infact our manager has come out and said things much worse than Pogba in the aftermath of the Sevilla defeat blaming the heritage of the club instead of taking responsibility. We still back the manager and the players should be the same.
I agree. Mourinho have made similar comments before. Remember when he pumped up the rumours of him leaving and called PSG's project 'special' after saying he won't be spending the rest of his career here. He could have just said 'I'm staying'.

Joseunited

He just needs to do his talking on the pitch and get us towards the top end of the table.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Star players being pissed off because of a breakdown in the relationship with their manager, almost as if this has happened before several times to this same manager. There’s one constant here, and it’s not Pogba.
Happens to all managers, especially about money. Even to Sir Matt ;)

Rossa

I am personally incredibly bored of the Pogba saga now. Very bored. Would anyone be that bothered if he went? I'll drive him to barcelona myself at this rate. He has the potential to be a great player but lets face facts, hes not yet at least not consistently. Stick him in the reserves. Tired of it
Interested to know what you will talk about after you leave behind London. It's a long road to Spain.

Mcking

He isn't shite, of course not. He's one of the most talented players of his generation. He's inconsistent and a bit of a pussy. Much has been made of the social media following Juve gained after signing Ronnie, Pogba is also one of those highly marketable players, which obviously increases his value in the crazy landscape of the current market. But we bought him for 90m pre Neymar market inflation. Since then he's won a World Cup and become even more marketable. When you have to spend 70m on a decent defender Pogba is not going to be sold for 100m. I said this before in the thread, but if he goes, the likely scenario isn't that we get 150-200m, but that we get quality in exchange.
Doesn't matter for some people though. He's not good enough, get rid. While ignoring the fact he's probably been - alongside Zlatan - the best signing we've made post Fergie based on performances.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Sounds like a typical interview with a high profile footballer. Not surprised this place has shat many mars bars over it though.
It’s nothing new, and will happen forever more as long as money is involved in the game.

The Irish Connection

Yes. In today's market, OK to good, occasionally very good, players are worth 150m. Neymar is good but still lacks something at times and has an attitude problem.
We live in a YouTube world where players can be hyped and are a brand in themselves, and Pogba is the epitome of that. He often does flashy, skilful things and it masks the patches of shite he produces in games. He has been hyped after the World Cup but Kante was still way better than him for France.

I would love if all this blew over and he starts consistently producing 7/10 performances, it's always good seeing an academy player do well for us but if this rubbish keeps going, I would expect that sum for him, because of his hype, potential and contract situation.

P.s. After reading into these quotes a bit more, it looks like the translation was twisted a bit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Doesn't matter for some people though. He's not good enough, get rid. While ignoring the fact he's probably been - alongside Zlatan - the best signing we've made post Fergie based on performances.
Yeah, I think that's more down to his attitude, and rightly so. If he's not motivated to be at United why would you want him to stay? It's disruptive and his agent is a bag of trouble too. I was over the moon when we re-signed him but if he is adamant he wants out I'll be happy if we get shitloads of money to then reinvest in the team or exchange him for a player who will improve our first XI.

Member 90887

In the English text it said 'in the near future' Pogba never said that in the clip that was shown.
Here's the full quote, from Lequipe:

Alors que ses derniers mois ont été agités à Manchester United, avec des relations compliquées avec José Mourinho, Paul Pogba est resté évasif sur son avenir chez les Red Devils. «Mon avenir est actuellement à Manchester, a déclaré Pogba à Sky Germany. J'ai encore un contrat, je joue là-bas en ce moment, mais qui sait ce qui va arriver dans les prochains mois.»

Interrogé sur sa relation avec Mourinho, Pogba est resté très sobre : «Nous avons une relation entraîneur-joueur, c'est comme ça». «Je peux promettre une chose : je vais toujours donner 100%, peu importe l'entraîneur. Je donne tout pour United toujours. C'est tout ce que je peux dire», a-t-il ajouté.
And in these quotes, he doesn't say in the near future, he actually says : "I have a contract, at this moment i play there, but who knows what will happen in the next months".

Mcking

Yes. In today's market, OK to good, occasionally very good, players are worth 150m. Neymar is good but still lacks something at times and has an attitude problem.
We live in a YouTube world where players can be hyped and are a brand in themselves, and Pogba is the epitome of that. He often does flashy, skilful things and it masks the patches of shite he produces in games. He has been hyped after the World Cup but Kante was still way better than him for France.

I would love if all this blew over and he starts consistently producing 7/10 performances, it's always good seeing an academy player do well for us but if this rubbish keeps going, I would expect that sum for him, because of his hype, potential and contract situation.

P.s. After reading into these quotes a bit more, it looks like the translation was twisted a bit.
You do know only two players have cost more than that?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wouldn’t be playing under Mourinho if I was him. He’s doing his job regardless.
Well he's already varied in quality wildly from god awful to the point of even mentioning it himself to quite good, so I wouldn't say he's quite done what he's supposed to.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

With a 2.4 inch penis
Bell-ends from behind
Mino on his mind

fecking hell

arthurka

They will talk about this on The Debate on Sky. For me I want him gone next summer, he isnt worth the hassle anymore .