Pogba's social media post was a scheduled event - Neville and .Rossi take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I've never got people who argued that Pogba doesn't care about the club, it's obvious to me he feels a deeper connection with it than Jose ever did or could.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I don't think Pogba is behind this at all, as they claim. What is surprising that without this no other player has mentioned Mourinho on social media. How much was he really hated....I think players like Pogba have more influence in the dressingroom then the manager. But the silence from the players about Mourinho's sacking is telling.
They are equally silent on his replacement

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Assuming for the sake of argument that it was scheduled, was this really a good time for this image to be published, even if Mourinho had stayed on as manager?

United had just been hammered by Liverpool. Pogba didn't even get on the field of play. He hasn't started for some time. There were strong and quite believable rumours of a broken relationship with Mourinho. Is this the right time to publish that image, and run some campaign or other?

There are people who are employed full-time to manage Pogba's image, and pretty much every aspect of his life apart from wiping his backside and tying his shoelaces. Shouldn't someone have stopped this 'scheduled' post?

youmeletsfly

I don't know if you're allowed to post YT videos here, but the 1st minute of this clip is golden yt.com/watch?v=BzLSc-SXuDU (well it is if you see the funny side)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I've never got people who argued that Pogba doesn't care about the club, it's obvious to me he feels a deeper connection with it than Jose ever did or could.
This may be true but one thing for certain is Pogba's strongest connections are to his social media accounts.

Mr PG

Pogba is a young lad who needs some guidance as Ibrahimovic so eloquently stated. Not public flogging as Neville is engaging in here.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well said, and it was worth repeating :)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
For some reason Jose Mourinho is used as the bar for caring about the club :lol::lol::lol:

Jose cares more about what he's having for dinner than United. The only people that have less care for United than him are our rivals. This dislike for the former manager leads to some very strange opinions.

The bar for loving the club comes from the likes of Rashford, Lingard, De Gea, Mata, Herrera. De Gea acted impeccably when the Madrid transfer was in the works and his motivations were coming from his family living in Madrid. Now compare it with Pogba who was mouthing off on ESPN and Riaola was offering him to Man City and Barcelona when a move was on the cards.

Sing you a song

Give him back the armband now. Whatever we build from here our should be built around him. Top, top player, and only one seemingly comfortable on the ball against all opposition.
A player who has caused so much bad feeling and has underperformed in 80% of this seasons games he has played and has the worst pass completion rate in the premiership , yes because the manager has been sacked let’s reward him with the captains armband !!!

Sing you a song

So if it was a scheduled post why is the club fining him? Glad to see people at the club aren't as gullible as some people on here. Pogba clearly coudn't help himself, classless act.
Ive not heard about the fine but if true I congratulate the club for finally showing some balls with him.
I can’t believe that anyone could believe that this was anything but Pogba taking the pxxx I’ve said it a thousand times Pogba is an ego maniac who does not care a fig for the club or its fans it will eventually end in tears

Last edited:
A player who has caused so much bad feeling and has underperformed in 80% of this seasons games he has played and has the worst pass completion rate in the premiership , yes because the manager has been sacked let’s reward him with the captains armband !!!
The only person that's caused bad feeling at this club is Jose

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So if it was a scheduled post why is the club fining him? Glad to see people at the club aren't as gullible as some people on here. Pogba clearly coudn't help himself, classless act.
Are we just making things up about him to suit our own narratives now?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yea well that’s very far from the truth of course. Unless you mean 80% of games in the last 3 weeks or something, then I’ll give you that.

Sing you a song

The only person that's caused bad feeling at this club is Jose
You can’t honedtly believe that , plenty of blame at jose’s Door and he has eventually and rightly paid the ultimate price but to imagine that Pogba is blameless is beyond ridiculous

Sing you a song

Yea well that’s very far from the truth of course. Unless you mean 80% of games in the last 3 weeks or something, then I’ll give you that.
It seems that every single pundit in the country agrees he has constantly underperformed maybe we are all wrong and you are right !!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It seems that every single pundit in the country agrees he has constantly underperformed maybe we are all wrong and you are right !!
Yep. Pundits in the country are blind, peddle anti-Pogba propaganda, and have unrealistic expectations of him. Prior to the last international break, he had 2 or 3 bad games, and was generally otherwise excellent.

If you want, go back and look at his performance thread in each game so far. Perhaps you will see for yourself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well we are talking about people who defended the idea that Hart was better than De Gea, so...

But most importantly whether you base it on stats or the eye test, it's ludicrous. Last season, among midfielders that have played at least 20 games Pogba was 3rd in terms of goals per 90, 3rd in terms of successful dribbles per 90, 8th in terms of aerial duels won per 90, 7th in key passes and 3rd in assists. He is basically consistently one of the best creative players in the league in every categories.

Now for some reason Pogba is expected to also be among the absolute best defensively which makes no sense because it would require to play simultaneously in two different areas.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well we are talking about people who defended the idea that Hart was better than De Gea, so...

But most importantly whether you base it on stats or the eye test, it's ludicrous. Last season, among midfielders that have played at least 20 games Pogba was 3rd in terms of goals per 90, 3rd in terms of successful dribbles per 90, 8th in terms of aerial duels won per 90, 7th in key passes and 3rd in assists. He is basically consistently one of the best creative players in the league in every categories.

Now for some reason Pogba is expected to also be among the absolute best defensively which makes no sense because it would require to play simultaneously in two different areas.
They have drunk the coo-laid! He has obviously been our best player, but he has had some poor games, those poor games it seems are used to erase all the good games he has had. So if he plays 20 good games and has 2 poor ones its like the previous 20 didn't' happen.

Also Jose has had a hand in this also, not just the media.

RooneyLegend

In fairness the only player that couldn't be accused of underperforming during the Jose reign is the only one that isn't an outfield player.

JPRouve

Scout
They have drunk the coo-laid! He has obviously been our best player, but he has had some poor games, those poor games it seems are used to erase all the good games he has had. So if he plays 20 good games and has 2 poor ones its like the previous 20 didn't' happen.

Also Jose has had a hand in this also, not just the media.
And the crazy thing is that if I'm not mistaken the only player that is as consistently around him in rankings is De Bruyne, even in terms of dispossession where pogba is bracketed between De Bruyne and Dembélé, so I would like to see people make a claim about that one too.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

But most importantly whether you base it on stats or the eye test, it's ludicrous. Last season, among midfielders that have played at least 20 games Pogba is 3rd in terms of goals per 90, 3rd in terms of successful dribbles per 90, 8th in terms of aerial duels won per 90, 7th in key passes and 3rd in assists. He is basically consistently one of the best creative players in the league in every categories.

No not consistently. Pogba last season went 10 games in a row without a goal or assist. Half of his assist came in 3 games and a third of his goals came in 1 game. In 16/17 he went 11 league games in a row without a goal or assist.

He had fantastic games against Arsenal, Stoke, Everton and City. He had horrible games against Spurs, Sevilla, West Brom and Newcastle. He is a streaky player.

Using mean values to try to paint Pogba as consistent is dishonest. Mean values are designed to do the exact opposite and smooth inconsistent data. Pogba does not contribute enough going forward to be completely relieved of defensive duties, which he has chosen to do himself on countless occasions (ball watching, half arsed pressing, not tracking back etc.)

JPRouve

Scout
No not consistently. Pogba last season went 10 games in a row without a goal or assist. Half of his assist came in 3 games and a third of his goals came in 1 game. In 16/17 he went 11 league games in a row without a goal or assist.

He had fantastic games against Arsenal, Stoke, Everton and City. He had horrible games against Spurs, Sevilla, West Brom and Newcastle. He is a streaky player.

Using mean values to try to paint Pogba as consistent is dishonest. Mean values are designed to do the exact opposite and smooth inconsistent data. Pogba does not contribute enough going forward to be completely relieved of defensive duties, which he has chosen to do himself on countless occasions (ball watching, half arsed pressing, not tracking back etc.)
The argument was about him consistently underperforming. Pogba is also not relieved of defensive duties, he does a decent share.

Also do you think that Pogba wasn't contributing at all when he didn't score or assist?

Frank Grimes

I don't believe it was scheduled tweet. Too much of a coincidence. He has been playing a social media game for a year now and it's time that United show some class and say Au revoir Pogba!

Manchester United dont need Paul Pogba to improve. We can't afford to let him think he is bigger than the new manager. Ive made up my mind about him, he is a talented player but he is mentally immature for his age and is a bad influence in the dressing room imo.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The argument was about him consistently underperforming. Pogba is also not relieved of defensive duties, he does a decent share.

Also do you think that Pogba wasn't contributing at all when he didn't score or assist?
In the 2nd half of last season he put in some shocking displays. Southampton, Spurs, Newcastle, West Brom, Brighton. That is a lot of games in half a season, if someone says that is consistent under performing then I think that is not a crazy opinion.

I did not say that Pogba is relieved of his defensive duties, I said he relieves himself of them. There are many examples of Pogba trying to over complicate the play, losing the ball then not tracking back. Obviously the manager is not telling him to complain to the ref instead of defending, but he does it anyway.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Last season, Mourinho was the second best manager in the league.

Canagel

How is this thread still going?
No idea. Should've been locked as soon as it became clear the tweet was scheduled. Too much drama over nothing.
Mourinho's gone , we got what we wanted yet the arguing continues. Neville is also culpable for adding fuel to the fire with his overreactions

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We have grown accustomed to wandering about in here in a blind rage, foaming at the mouth, jabbing fingers at each other, muttering under our breath about great world cup performances or Luke Shaw quotes. It will take a week or two of Ole's smiley 12 year old head to calm us all down and remind us that we all actually support the same team.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I don't believe it was scheduled tweet. Too much of a coincidence. He has been playing a social media game for a year now and it's time that United show some class and say Au revoir Pogba!

Manchester United dont need Paul Pogba to improve. We can't afford to let him think he is bigger than the new manager. Ive made up my mind about him, he is a talented player but he is mentally immature for his age and is a bad influence in the dressing room imo.
How can people be allowed to continually peddle their own agenda's against certain players?

You do realise Adidas came out saying it had nothing to do with Pogba right?

I see you all the time posting pure bile in the Pogba thread. All you post is falsehoods, calling him all the names under the sun wishing for him to be sold etc.

Besides, you literally called Martial (another of your favourite players to abuse) a 'nothing player' few days before he went on a run of 5 goals in 5 games!

Pipe down.

Last edited:

The Firestarter

No idea. Should've been locked as soon as it became clear the tweet was scheduled. Too much drama over nothing.
Mourinho's gone , we got what we wanted yet the arguing continues. Neville is also culpable for adding fuel to the fire with his overreactions
I think Neville is posting on the CAF and in this thread.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
We have grown accustomed to wandering about in here in a blind rage, foaming at the mouth, jabbing fingers at each other, muttering under our breath about great world cup performances or Luke Shaw quotes. It will take a week or two of Ole's smiley 12 year old head to calm us all down and remind us that we all actually support the same team.
Have you seen Ole's face lately? He's more Robben than 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.