Pogba's social media post was a scheduled event - Neville and .Rossi take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ignore it. He's making a trail of irrational emotional outbursts that could harm his credibility among United fans in the long run. I for one am tired of seeing him treated as the number one authority on all things United. The guy bloody thinks we shouldn't have fired Moyes. Any other legend would be called an idiot and have their opinions discredited for that alone
If only SAF managed to lure Zanetti to OT. Enough said

Canagel

Changed your mind is it? :lol:
There were a large group of fans that wanted Jose and Pogba out. Together.
If we go back to the training ground episode and when he got stripped of captaincy for saying we should attack and then again after Southampton. It's harsh to pick one or two fans out tbh. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There were a large group of fans that wanted Jose and Pogba out. Together.
If we go back to the training ground episode and when he got stripped of captaincy for saying we should attack and then again after Southampton. It's harsh to pick one or two fans out tbh. :lol:
Just the first two I found.
If there's an appetite for further "Outing", we could do more :lol:

Canagel

Just the first two I found.
If there's an appetite for further "Outing", we could do more :lol:
Pogba is an absolute disgrace. Mourinho has a tough, tough job because the club is a total mess. That's not Mourinho's fault. I believe he is working under hellish conditions, and dealing with a clown like Pogba doesn't help at all. If people think Mourinho actually wants to play the football we've been playing, and he is to blame for it, they need to think a little deeper. Pogba is a disgrace and I'd be happy if he never wore the red of Manchester United again. The reasons for that should honestly require no explanation at this point. Support Manchester United! - reject Paul Pogba.
Here's one of my personal favorites from the "Mourinho or Pogba" thread. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Here's one of my personal favorites from the "Mourinho or Pogba" thread. :lol:
Love it! Some fans are fickle clowns aren't they!
Bet he still cheered those goals though.

How anyone could put so much blame on one player I don't know.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Changed your mind is it? :lol:
He was shit under Jose and he is brilliant now. What is the point you're trying to make? That Jose was a problem for the club? I accepted that a while ago. That Pogba can be great? I accepted that too.

Trying to pick out old quotes to embarrass posters is pretty childish. The caf knows who was wrong and we can move on now in supporting the club. I voluntarily went into the Pogba thread to say I was wrong, but instead of finally embracing some unity we have some fans, like yourself, who are hell bent on continuing to draw lines like some civil war.

Grow up and move on. Its football. No one is always right.

Posh Red

He was shit under Jose and he is brilliant now. What is the point you're trying to make? That Jose was a problem for the club? I accepted that a while ago. That Pogba can be great? I accepted that too.

Trying to pick out old quotes to embarrass posters is pretty childish. The caf knows who was wrong and we can move on now in supporting the club. I voluntarily went into the Pogba thread to say I was wrong, but instead of finally embracing some unity we have some fans, like yourself, who are hell bent on continuing to draw lines like some civil war.

But you are STILL running with the narrative that he was shit under Jose which just wasn’t true overall. He was one of our most productive players under Jose, despite his poor management.

Rolaholic

Curious that Neville has nothing to say when the team mood is positive and the players he had a go at are in form...

Would've thought that surely he'd have heaped some praise on OGS by now given his steadfast and unwavering support of United managers unless he's only bothered to when the club is in shambles and wants to fan the flames a bit more

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But you are STILL running with the narrative that he was shit under Jose which just wasn’t true overall. He was one of our most productive players under Jose, despite his poor management.
He was shit under Jose. He's a completey different player now. On hindsight I put that down to shit management of the players from the previous coach. If it was just Pogba who was performing differently there may be a case to say Pogba wasn't trying earlier and was unprofessional etc.

But this is not the case, the entire team with Pogba included are performing to another level that's both aesthetic and of higher quality. So yeah, they were coached pretty poorly before OGS.

shahzy

Not trying to start and arguement or anythign but why on earth is something childish if it disproves someone? Such an easy and convenient thing to say to try and discredit the other person when said person was proven wrong. Ive read it many times on here and its not just you. Is it something im missing or is that an easy cop out.

Nevertheless, regarding your post, He wasnt "shit" for mourinho. He was about as good as you can be as a midfielder in that system. He had 3 goals and 3ish assists as far as i remember which is not "shit" at all for a defensive midfielder (which he was under mourinho). Maybe you could argue he was more a box to box midfielder but that would be stretching it. Everyone in the team is playing better now that the previous maager has gone but i dont see you so harshly criticising them (unless ive missed your posts then i apologise)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not trying to start and arguement or anythign but why on earth is something childish if it disproves someone? Such an easy and convenient thing to say to try and discredit the other person when said person was proven wrong. Ive read it many times on here and its not just you. Is it something im missing or is that an easy cop out.

Nevertheless, regarding your post, He wasnt "shit" for mourinho. He was about as good as you can be as a midfielder in that system. He had 3 goals and 3ish assists as far as i remember which is not "shit" at all for a defensive midfielder (which he was under mourinho). Maybe you could argue he was more a box to box midfielder but that would be stretching it. Everyone in the team is playing better now that the previous maager has gone but i dont see you so harshly criticising them (unless ive missed your posts then i apologise)
For your first paragraph - it's pointless because it's bumping old quotes and overseeing what was said after just to be childish and laugh at others. If you want to prove someone wrong while they are still. fighting their case then by all means go ahead. But digging up old quotes from people despite them saying 2 days ago that they were wrong themselves is plain sad and serves no purpose on a forum that suffers from too much division as it is.

As for your second point, I've seen all of United games. You won't change my opinion that he was shite under Mourinho and a completely different player today.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It’s almost like people forget when they’re consciously and deliberately recording their thoughts on an online database expressly for the views and reaction of other people, that they aren’t in fact, whispering them down a tube into the sea...

R'hllor

I know this may seem like a silly question, but.... why?
Guess, there are plenty of his posts you can dig up, so he might trying to ashame posters for doing it at very start. He also said how Sanchez is a future and Martial can feck off or something like that, if my memory serves me right.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Guess, there are plenty of his posts you can dig up, so he might trying to ashame posters for doing it at very start. He also said how Sanchez is a future and Martial can feck off or something like that, if my memory serves me right.
I said Sanchez was an astute move at the time and would have started over Martial under any other manager. I still think Sanchez is a superior player to Martial, we will just have to see how he performs under Ole from here.

And no, you can dig up as many of my posts as you want. Lots of people have been dead wrong on certain points. I've accepted it openly when I got home from OT on Sunday. I just don't get why people are still choosing to bring up old points I made about Pogba when I accepted I was wrong already - there's no other reason other than being childish about it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
To be fair he was terrible this season, it was easy to assume that he wanted out and stopped trying, which he definitely did, unable to complete simple passes.
He hasn't been terrible this season. The fact that so many people believe he has been shows what a good job that Mourinho and the media have done in pushing that narrative.

Pogba's season can basically be cut into four very defined periods. At the start of the season he was great. He and Shaw were easily our best players, way ahead of everyone else. Then he had a poor period, that did include one really terrible game. Then he kicked into form again, and spent a while being (along with Martial this time) easily our best player. Then he started playing poorly again, and once again did include one terrible match. Which is where we were at when Ole took over. Four very distinct periods, and now he seems to be starting his fifth that will hopefully last a lot longer than his previous periods.

Pogba has been very inconsistent this season. But the sad fact of the matter is that he was good enough in his two good periods that he has probably been our best player this season, simply because nobody else has done any better. Pogba's poor periods are basically the level that everyone else has been for the entire season (although he did include those two terrible matches which were worse). Nobody in the defence has been better. Nobody in the midfield has been better. None of the attackers (with the possible exception of Martial) have been better. As such while Pogba certainly hasn't been great all season, he's almost been our best player by default by the fact that everyone else has been worse. Yet he's the one who has had all the focus on him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He hasn't been terrible this season. The fact that so many people believe he has been shows what a good job that Mourinho and the media have done in pushing that narrative.

Pogba's season can basically be cut into four very defined periods. At the start of the season he was great. He and Shaw were easily our best players, way ahead of everyone else. Then he had a poor period, that did include one really terrible game. Then he kicked into form again, and spent a while being (along with Martial this time) easily our best player. Then he started playing poorly again, and once again did include one terrible match. Which is where we were at when Ole took over. Four very distinct periods, and now he seems to be starting his fifth that will hopefully last a lot longer than his previous periods.

Pogba has been very inconsistent this season. But the sad fact of the matter is that he was good enough in his two good periods that he has probably been our best player this season, simply because nobody else has done any better. Pogba's poor periods are basically the level that everyone else has been for the entire season (although he did include those two terrible matches which were worse). Nobody in the defence has been better. Nobody in the midfield has been better. None of the attackers (with the possible exception of Martial) have been better. As such while Pogba certainly hasn't been great all season, he's almost been our best player by default by the fact that everyone else has been worse. Yet he's the one who has had all the focus on him.
Pretty much spot on this.

Posh Red

He was shit under Jose. He's a completey different player now. On hindsight I put that down to shit management of the players from the previous coach. If it was just Pogba who was performing differently there may be a case to say Pogba wasn't trying earlier and was unprofessional etc.

But this is not the case, the entire team with Pogba included are performing to another level that's both aesthetic and of higher quality. So yeah, they were coached pretty poorly before OGS.
Fair enough, but you did always seem to be more critical of Pogba in comparison to other players who were not performing as well. I repeat, he was one of our more productive players in Jose’s tenure. I think thats what people take issue with - almost as if you had some kind of personal dislike for the player.

Janson

For your first paragraph - it's pointless because it's bumping old quotes and overseeing what was said after just to be childish and laugh at others. If you want to prove someone wrong while they are still. fighting their case then by all means go ahead. But digging up old quotes from people despite them saying 2 days ago that they were wrong themselves is plain sad and serves no purpose on a forum that suffers from too much division as it is.

As for your second point, I've seen all of United games. You won't change my opinion that he was shite under Mourinho and a completely different player today.
It just proves that this group of fans care about being right first and foremost, to satisfy their ego. That's why they keep bringing up old posts and ridicule other fans who had a different opinion. Even if they have changed their mind long since then. That's what I've been saying all along about the ones who wanted us to lose only so that they would be proven right. I also keep seeing people on here bringing up how bad anyone who criticized Pogba before must feel now that he's playing well. Why would we feel bad? It's not like everyone was hoping for Pogba to play badly or anything. But I guess that's the mentality they have themselves, so they assume everyone is like that. If that's not childish, I don't know what is.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It just proves that this group of fans care about being right first and foremost to satisfy their ego. That's why they keep bringing up old posts and ridicule other fans who had a different opinion. Even if they have changed their mind long since then. That's what I've been saying all along about the ones who wanted us to lose only so that they would be proven right. I also keep seeing people on here bringing up how bad anyone who criticized Pogba before must feel now that he's playing well. Why would we feel bad? It's not like everyone was hoping for Pogba to play badly or anything. But I guess that's the mentality they have themselves, so they assume everyone is like that. If that's not childish, I don't know what is.
Spectacular mate.

Janson

Spectacular mate.
That's how it seems to me. You're not a real fan in my mind if you don't support your team through thick and thin. Can you explain to me why people keep saying that we must be feeling bad because Pogba is playing well?

LoveFootball

To be fair he was terrible this season, it was easy to assume that he wanted out and stopped trying, which he definitely did, unable to complete simple passes.

Thank god he's trying now, hopefully it lasts, doesn't change the fact he has a poor attitude and you'll never know when he's going to lack interest again.

I was one of the people who wanted Mou out and thought we'd have to gut our squad, turns out Jose was that bad it killed everyone's morale!

Phenomenal player Pogba and I hope he keeps this level as he was always capable of this.
I'll waste one of my precious post just to laugh at this post. Some people :lol::lol::lol:.

Cassidy

That's how it seems to me. You're not a real fan in my mind if you don't support your team through thick and thin. Can you explain to me why people keep saying that we must be feeling bad because Pogba is playing well?
You totally missed the point of the reply to your post... where you seem to suggest you were right all along whilst criticising others for doing so.

Janson

You totally missed the point of the reply to your post...
Well yeah I did get that. I just didn't feel like I needed to entertain asressing it since it's a completely different thing. I also care about being right, who doesn't. But not to the detriment of the club. I thought that was obvious. That's pretty childish as well imo, to not respond to the post but try to find a way to mock somebody. Pretty apt username.

Janson

You totally missed the point of the reply to your post... where you seem to suggest you were right all along whilst criticising others for doing so.
See above. I obviously don't care about being right if it's to the detriment of the team. I think I was wrong about Pogba, but I'm not wishing he plays badly so that I can be right. I don't see why someone would assume that other than because they have the same mentality.

Cassidy

See above. I obviously don't care about being right if it's to the detriment of the team. I think I was wrong about Pogba, but I'm not wishing he plays badly so that I can be right. I don't see why someone would assume that other than because they have the same mentality.
Not saying this is the case, but if you wanted Pogba sold or moved on, then that would have been to the detriment of the team.

Also I don't think people going back to pick posts are wishing we or any player plays badly.

I disagree with your assertion about fans wanting the team to lose to be proven right. Personally I don't think you should ever want your team to lose, however jumping to the assertion that they want that to occur only to be proven right to appease their ego isn't correct in my opinion.

I do not condone it, but clearly the more obvious reason was to be rid of Jose and negative tactics and football? Which in their opinion would be for the benefit not detriment of the club no?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Why were you in any doubt?! Lukaku, Sanchez, pogba, rashford all looking pretty average for Jose despite clearly being some of the best in the league!
Sanchez never showed anything for us, I thought he had lost his legs (still might have).

Pogba had the potential to be the best in the league, but never replicated his Juve days.

Rashford broke into the scene but was performing poorly too, no way you can consider him to be the best in the league.

Lukaku, well this season he's been shambolic, last year he was good, but had a tendancy to put in some stinkers, he's not one of the best in the league.

All the rest to have quoted me, I'm not slating Pogba? I thought most of our squad had lost their motivation and we needed to gut our squad as well as the manager, no idea why you're all getting high and mighty about someone admitting to being clearly wrong?

Also @LoveFootball - if that's what you call a post then maybe you should stay down in the newbs, you just want to be high fived in the circle jerk - what I said wasn't idiotic, Pogba was performing below his level, as was most of our squad, it's no shame to assume that most of the squad needed to be assessed, we have been rubbish for 6 years, like I said more than happy to be proven wrong, let's just hope this squad keeps this level up.

LoveFootball

To be fair, you and many of Mourinho apologists were really annoying with how far and idiotic you were going to defend your man, blaming everything bar the man himself; normal that people are calling you out now that your idol and his fans are getting exposed.

And no, Pogba was not shit under Mourinho, he wasn't consistent yes, but not shit. Matic and Lukaku were shit.

Cassidy

He wasn't shit, inconsistent yes but not shit. He was brilliant in spells and poor in others which could still happen under Ole

Skills

Snitch
Not everyone is right all the time, but most people don't end up looking like complete and utter tits when they do get it wrong. That only happens when your opinions lack any substance or logic.

They're wasting the time of anyone who bothers to read or engage in their drivel. Quite pleased, that I had to press 'show ignored posts' to even see the quoted posts.

mancan92

The saddest part about this is you have people like Neville who apparently have united in their heart yet were sprouting such crap. Now that Pogba and united are doing well. We haven't heard one word from them. neville not one tweet mate to celebrate the team playing good football

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Such a drama.
Just enjoy the turn around and football

Janson

Not saying this is the case, but if you wanted Pogba sold or moved on, then that would have been to the detriment of the team.

Also I don't think people going back to pick posts are wishing we or any player plays badly.

I disagree with your assertion about fans wanting the team to lose to be proven right. Personally I don't think you should ever want your team to lose, however jumping to the assertion that they want that to occur only to be proven right to appease their ego isn't correct in my opinion.

I do not condone it, but clearly the more obvious reason was to be rid of Jose and negative tactics and football? Which in their opinion would be for the benefit not detriment of the club no?
I'm sure I was one of the people who was fed up with the drama and wanted both Pogba and Mourinho gone. And I now obviously see that I was wrong, and I'm happy to concede that. I understand what you're getting at, people thought losing was for a "greater good". But there's a difference between wanting Pogba sold because you don't think he's good enough and actively wishing him to play badly so that we sell him. What I said about fans wanting us to lose is the same thing. In my mind, that seems more like looking to be proven right, even though it is for a greater good in their mind. That also becomes more clear to me when they keep rubbing it in that you were wrong, scoring points.

On the bolded part. I'm saying that it seems it's some of the same people who are laughing now and accusing anyone who criticized Pogba of being against him and wishing him to not play well, that also wanted us to lose before. I don't see any other reason you would make that accusation if you don't use the same logic.

Having said all of this, it is normal for people to sacrifice anything to be proven right. I think it happens more than you would believe. Some just can't admit they were wrong, and go to great lengths to ridicule anyone if they in fact were right. I just think it's childish and very annoying to me. Instead of getting together now that things are going well, people keep arguing.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

Curious that Neville has nothing to say when the team mood is positive and the players he had a go at are in form...

Would've thought that surely he'd have heaped some praise on OGS by now given his steadfast and unwavering support of United managers unless he's only bothered to when the club is in shambles and wants to fan the flames a bit more
No, not really, Gary is only in his element when he can criticize and demonstrate his superior (as he sees it) understanding- didn't Fergie once say Gary could start a fight in an empty room?

Janson

Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Such a drama.
Just enjoy the turn around and football
Maybe we could if we didn't have a bunch of children on here who keep ridiculing anyone who might have been wrong about Pogba. Incidentally, it's some of the same people who wanted us to lose and kept throwing their toys out if they're not entertained, acting hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.