Pogba's social media post was a scheduled event - Neville and .Rossi take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy Rederson

I've never got people who argued that Pogba doesn't care about the club, it's obvious to me he feels a deeper connection with it than Jose ever did or could.
Could you expand on why you think he cares? Or cares more than Jose did? His off the pitch stuff aside, the last few games Ive seen him play he didnt look like he gave a feck. All the shit at the start of the season with his manager shopping him around also didnt give that impression. So Id be interested to know why you think he does.

Patrick08

They have drunk the coo-laid! He has obviously been our best player, but he has had some poor games, those poor games it seems are used to erase all the good games he has had. So if he plays 20 good games and has 2 poor ones its like the previous 20 didn't' happen.

Also Jose has had a hand in this also, not just the media.
As a player you are judged against top teams and top players at this club, not against the fulhams, and west broms and newcastles. At united he has flopped in 80%of the big games in crunch matches or simply have been benched in most of them because his form and attitude before those games was questionable. This is also a fact.

Jose's tactics have not helped I get that, but he shows little desire to improve that side of the game and become a complete package.

Most of the top teams play with the ball now, and wants to keep the ball at the highest level, that's where you have to be very good defensively as well and pogba's lack of positional and defensive awareness is going to cost the team big time if he does not work for the team. He thinks he is an individual too on the pitch and thinks he is zidane already. Its a team game. He has to work as the part of the midfield together.

Now that mourinho is gone, we will get to see how good can he be.. With and without the ball and against the big teams as well.

Patrick08

Now for some reason Pogba is expected to also be among the absolute best defensively which makes no sense because it would require to play simultaneously in two different areas.
Ofcourse, that's how a central midfielder or box to box midfielder keeps control of the midfield and the game, a midfielder has to contribute to win the ball back from the opposition team. Positional awareness, game awareness and tactical awareness is a must in a top level midfielder. That's footballing basics. That's how you win consistently. That's something he never learnt in his development at juventus by chickening out on Fergie with his agent riola. Why do you think Fergie was not giving him enough chances in the first team? He didnt show tactical maturity as a midfielder in his game back then as well.

A direct style of football needs these attributes in a midfielder. Its crucial part of the game while a more cohesive possession style of football too needs defensive awareness in terms of pressing together as a group and restricting the creative space of the opponents to win possession back quickly and that's how a midfielder is supposed to maintain control of the opposition.

He was very good in world cup in terms of maintaining passive control alongside kante and matuidi, but he doesn't show the same level of maturity in his game at united.This is the reason why Jose kept benching him I guess.

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Social media isn’t a place where you express negative personal opinions against the club, the management or against your teammates as long you’re under contract. It’s simple. Trust and respect. Don’t even be close to a message that can be controversial or involving hidden or open criticism against the club, your teammates or the management. Internal disagreements you keep inside the club house or you stay quiet. No other way around.

If you want to capitalize on your fame then these strict rules are a must. The club pay your salary to represent the club and what follows with it. A commercial involving Adiadas, or any other brand, is about Paul Pogba the player. In that role the players represent the club, with or without the badge on his chest.

I don’t care if it was a scheduled commercial. No excuses. You’re accountable for your personal social media.

This message from Paul Pogba started a debate on national television, then you know it’s controversial. A hefty fine from the club must follow otherwise it sets a bad precedent.

If Paul Pogba wants to express himself the way he wants without responsibilities then don’t sign a contract with a club where you earn millions.

killerboi2

Social media isn’t a place where you express negative personal opinions against the club, the management or against your teammates as long you’re under contract. It’s simple. Trust and respect. Don’t even be close to a message that can be controversial or involving hidden or open criticism against the club, your teammates or the management. Internal disagreements you keep inside the club house or you stay quiet. No other way around.

If you want to capitalize on your fame then these strict rules are a must. The club pay your salary to represent the club and what follows with it. A commercial involving Adiadas, or any other brand, is about Paul Pogba the player. In that role the players represent the club, with or without the badge on his chest.

I don’t care if it was a scheduled commercial. No excuses. You’re accountable for your personal social media.

This message from Paul Pogba started a debate on national television, then you know it’s controversial. A hefty fine from the club must follow otherwise it sets a bad precedent.

If Paul Pogba wants to express himself the way he wants without responsibilities then don’t sign a contract with a club where you earn millions.
Thought you might have been doing a satire, but as I read on, I couldn't help but laugh as it became clear that you were serious. You might as well be living in North Korea or something, where they censor absolutely everything. Mourinho has constantly expressed negative personal opinions against players and the club, along with cringeworthy antics that have caused embarassment to the club. You want Pogba to recieve a hefty fine for something he might or might not have done? This is ridiculous. Even if he did do it, so what? Everyone already knew that him and Mourinho didn't get along anyway.

I think this dictatorship mentality that some fans have might come from the Ferguson days where he didn't tolerate any nonsense. Even Sir Alex mellowed out in the later years though and adapted to the modern game, like when he didn't sell Rooney back when he made those comments about the club lacking ambition (which was much worse than what Pogba done, partly because it was true as well).

Reactions: SteveJ

Judas

Open to offers
Could you expand on why you think he cares? Or cares more than Jose did? His off the pitch stuff aside, the last few games Ive seen him play he didnt look like he gave a feck. All the shit at the start of the season with his manager shopping him around also didnt give that impression. So Id be interested to know why you think he does.
What off the field stuff do you know about? The agenda driven stuff the media wants you to know about perhaps?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ofcourse, that's how a central midfielder or box to box midfielder keeps control of the midfield and the game, a midfielder has to contribute to win the ball back from the opposition team. Positional awareness, game awareness and tactical awareness is a must in a top level midfielder. That's footballing basics. That's how you win consistently. That's something he never learnt in his development at juventus by chickening out on Fergie with his agent riola. Why do you think Fergie was not giving him enough chances in the first team? He didnt show tactical maturity as a midfielder in his game back then as well.

A direct style of football needs these attributes in a midfielder. Its crucial part of the game while a more cohesive possession style of football too needs defensive awareness in terms of pressing together as a group and restricting the creative space of the opponents to win possession back quickly and that's how a midfielder is supposed to maintain control of the opposition.

He was very good in world cup in terms of maintaining passive control alongside kante and matuidi, but he doesn't show the same level of maturity in his game at united.This is the reason why Jose kept benching him I guess.
That's not how football work and you know it. Also none of what you wrote address the post that you quoted, you are not going to find a player that is at the same time at the top of the creative table and at the top of the defensive table.
Your post makes little sense too, not all midfielders are midfield controllers that's not a footballing basics, which is confirmed by the fact that he was performing at a high level with Juventus despite the fact that according to you Juventus didn't taught him the footballing basis. And the reason why he was doing pretty well for Juventus is because he was a creator, used as a creator, it's not rocket science, the role and expectations matched his abilities.

As for France, Pogba isn't better than he is for United or was for Juventus. He plays a different role with different players surrounding him, it was the case at the Euro too or the 2014 WC. You might have a point if he was used the same way but it's not the case, his teammates don't expect miracles from him, they don't stand still like statuses and they do their own share at a consistent level. Any manager can use Pogba like Deschamps does but I can tell you that people will cry about the fact that they expect more from a 90m midfielder because he won't score or assist as much.

Siorac

Those who might have forgotten what actually happened, let's just clarify: a photo appeared on Pogba's instagram with the words "Caption this". That's all.

It's understandable if, based on this post, someone might believe Pogba called Mourinho a miserable sour-faced dickwad so I believe this clarification is important.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
How can people be allowed to continually peddle their own agenda's against certain players?

You do realise Adidas came out saying it had nothing to do with Pogba right?

I see you all the time posting pure bile in the Pogba thread. All you post is falsehoods, calling him all the names under the sun wishing for him to be sold etc.

Besides, you literally called Martial (another of your favourite players to abuse) a 'nothing player' few days before he went on a run of 5 goals in 5 games!

Pipe down.
Well said.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Thought you might have been doing a satire, but as I read on, I couldn't help but laugh as it became clear that you were serious. You might as well be living in North Korea or something, where they censor absolutely everything. Mourinho has constantly expressed negative personal opinions against players and the club, along with cringeworthy antics that have caused embarassment to the club. You want Pogba to recieve a hefty fine for something he might or might not have done? This is ridiculous. Even if he did do it, so what? Everyone already knew that him and Mourinho didn't get along anyway.

I think this dictatorship mentality that some fans have might come from the Ferguson days where he didn't tolerate any nonsense. Even Sir Alex mellowed out in the later years though and adapted to the modern game, like when he didn't sell Rooney back when he made those comments about the club lacking ambition (which was much worse than what Pogba done, partly because it was true as well).
You still not understand the context.

Mourinho got sacked. Bad results is the main factor but I’m sure his disrespectful comments about a Pogba and other players also was involved in the decision to cut lose frim his toxic behavior. He paid the price.

Secondly why do you mix responsibility with dictatorship. People in North Korea doesn’t earn millions to represent their country. If you are not aware of the main problem then I can’t help you any more regarding trust and respect.

Adidas has senior staff wise enough to guide their players what’s appropriate or not. Even if the message was intended to other stuffs many interpreted it as a dig against the manager situation. Why even go near that subject? What’s so hard to understand? Are you blind?

Some of you mix freedom of speech with doing whatever you want with your social media. Paul Pogba maybe is innocent, maybe not, but he’s still responsible for his actions. As far as I see his message is under debate in national television. That’s should tell you something.

And just to clarify. I’m 100% in favor for social media and players expressing themselves. Just use your brains before instead of after.

Cloud7

Ahh yes, the “sure Mourinho was bad but Pogba was just as bad. I want them BOTH OUT OF MY CLUB” crowd :lol:

Drifter

American
Still want him out son?
Yes dad. For me it was never about the pathetic argument between Jose and Pogba fan boys. It was his attitude and hype .Glad he's decided to play now ,but it will take a lot more for me to warm to him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ahh yes, the “sure Mourinho was bad but Pogba was just as bad. I want them BOTH OUT OF MY CLUB” crowd :lol:
To be fair he was terrible this season, it was easy to assume that he wanted out and stopped trying, which he definitely did, unable to complete simple passes.

Thank god he's trying now, hopefully it lasts, doesn't change the fact he has a poor attitude and you'll never know when he's going to lack interest again.

I was one of the people who wanted Mou out and thought we'd have to gut our squad, turns out Jose was that bad it killed everyone's morale!

Phenomenal player Pogba and I hope he keeps this level as he was always capable of this.

Posh Red

To be fair he was terrible this season, it was easy to assume that he wanted out and stopped trying, which he definitely did, unable to complete simple passes.

Thank god he's trying now, hopefully it lasts, doesn't change the fact he has a poor attitude and you'll never know when he's going to lack interest again.

I was one of the people who wanted Mou out and thought we'd have to gut our squad, turns out Jose was that bad it killed everyone's morale!

Phenomenal player Pogba and I hope he keeps this level as he was always capable of this.
But he wasn’t terrible this season. He was shambolic in about two games. Was pretty good for the first couple of months in fact.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
But he wasn’t terrible this season. He was shambolic in about two games. Was pretty good for the first couple of months in fact.
Really? I personally didn't think he was anywhere near the standard that he should, and could be playing at, all I'm saying is that people get it wrong sometimes, when all evidence points to a player giving up then you'd want rid, see no reason to ridicule that opinion that's all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I was one of the people who wanted Mou out and thought we'd have to gut our squad, turns out Jose was that bad it killed everyone's moral.
Why were you in any doubt?! Lukaku, Sanchez, pogba, rashford all looking pretty average for Jose despite clearly being some of the best in the league!

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Everyone was shit under Jose, not just Pogba, although he was still our best player, with Martial.

fecks sake, what about Matic ? He's been absolute turd all season, but under Ole, it's literally like having a new signing. Matic, Jose's favourite player, don't forget. He's had to be incredibly diplomatic in that post match interview, btw.

Matic is arguably even more unprofessional than Pogba is claimed to be.

Explain that one, cuntos.

Cloud7

He was not in any way terrible this season. He was our best player in the first few games, had a couple bad games in the middle, and then has been magnificent since the real virus has been gone. I don’t like the washing over of his early season form, where everyone was saying that winning the World Cup looks to have given him a new level at United. There was also the period starting from Newcastle where it seemed like Jose was on the wire, it was Pogba and Martial, not Martial alone, who saved the clown’s job. If you look at the season as a whole, he has been our best player. Even our previous best player somehow looked worse under the previous regime.

killerboi2

It was a ridiculous suggestion that we should have gotten rid of Pogba. Selling a player of his quality in his prime years is a decision not to be made lightly. Especially over a damn meme or whatever. Our current situation is proof that blaming individual players is sketchy when the whole squad is in crisis and the manager has lost the dressing room and most of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.