Pogba's social media post was a scheduled event - Neville and .Rossi take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Neville's ego can't handle the fact he was wrong and his tongue outwitted his brain on that tweet he made. He ain't backing down and admitting he was wrong, but rather he's pushing his bs. Shame really, he'll end up losing lots of credibility for that imo.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm really beginning to dislike Gary Neville. Just say you're not sure and leave it alone.
He's paid to speak on these things and he's acting quite emotionally right now like most people are. He'll get over it.

He's also from a generation that didn't have clothing brands and side business ventures because they were concentrating on winning trophies instead.

Mainoldo

He's paid to speak on these things and he's acting quite emotionally right now like most people are. He'll get over it.

He's also from a generation that didn't have clothing brands and side business ventures because they were concentrating on winning trophies instead.
Ermmm he owns half of Manchester. I’m sure that took time to build.

Judas

Open to offers
Neville's ego can't handle the fact he was wrong and his tongue outwitted his brain on that tweet he made. He ain't backing down and admitting he was wrong, but rather he's pushing his bs. Shame really, he'll end up losing lots of credibility for that imo.
Basically, which is pathetic from a grown man in the public eye. If he's hoping people will just forget it, he's daft, plenty will be happy to taunt him about it if he can't just say "I got it wrong".

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
whats happening? has neville come out with something?

Smores

The whole "I like manager, so I will shit on player for everything" should be stopped.

So they are managers and communicating is part of their job, is shitting on players is also part of their job? Is shitting on club after embarrassing defeat, throwing every player under the bus is part of job description? Like I said, players are not robots. When someone is being cnut and created toxic environment, this is expected. I'm surprised we haven't seen even more leaks.
Wtf are you on about.

The manager has free reign to do those things and they'll be criticised accordingly. A player does not have free reign at all.

I don't know what world you live in where non-senior staff can moan in a public forum but it's okay because they're emotional. Any real world job and they get sacked immediately and I'm 100% sure the club will have its own social media policy for the players that prohibits it.

Fracture90

Basically, which is pathetic from a grown man in the public eye. If he's hoping people will just forget it, he's daft, plenty will be happy to taunt him about it if he can't just say "I got it wrong".
Ego won't let him admit he was wrong.

whats happening? has neville come out with something?
Saw a tweet on reddit where he's basically saying he doesn't believe it was scheduled, but rather quite calculated and he stands by his original tweet.

TsuWave

Sorry gents, if you see no faults with pogbas behaviour- which he alone controls- combined with some truly horrendous performances as bad as any ive ever seen from a player of his talent, then we have totally different view points. I expect way more from a united player who is not performing than mouthing off to press, an agent with no filter, and blatant disrespect of the fans. Keeping in mind he walked before- from under the best manager ever. But hey, ive heard people say that was fergusons fault- what does that guy know about developing youth.
So no examples of instances pointing to pogba needing his ego to be controlled then?

weird that you mention Pogba leaving United under Ferguson, when he proved that to be the right decision and choice for his career considering he became a superstar and one of the best midfielders around to the point we broke transfer records to bring him back. Seems like a wise and confident young man to me, and with the ability to materialise/justify his beliefs.

I know people on this forum like to walk around thinking United, especially under Ferguson, is/was the be all end all, but that, at no point in time, has ever been true.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Ego won't let him admit he was wrong.

Saw a tweet on reddit where he's basically saying he doesn't believe it was scheduled, but rather quite calculated and he stands by his original tweet.
Something is really wrong with him.

A failed manager, backed Mourinho when he just should have kept his mouth shut instead swirled in a huge wave of support for Mourinho. Yes he was right about the club leaking info but should have taken United's best interest into consideration first.

And now this. He just can't admit that he is wrong can he? 3 years of dross but he still backs Jose. That's **** following stuff right there

Robbie Boy

Who ate the Mourinho acolytes? There was only 1 that I remember... CA1. Who else? Most of the caf has been Mourinho out for awhile.
Aye, the majority have always been sane and could see months ago exactly where we were heading under Mourinho and the inevitable outcome. But yeah, there are a-few of the acolytes left. I won't name and shame but they really aren't all that hard to come across.

Fracture90

A failed manager, backed Mourinho when he just should have kept his mouth shut instead swirled in a huge wave of support for Mourinho. Yes he was right about the club leaking info but should have taken United's best interest into consideration first.

And now this. He just can't admit that he is wrong can he? 3 years of dross but he still backs Jose. That's **** following stuff right there
Between what he said before, what he's saying now and what he said about Moyes, I really can't take anything he say seriously no more. He's being immature.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wtf are you on about.

The manager has free reign to do those things and they'll be criticised accordingly. A player does not have free reign at all.

I don't know what world you live in where non-senior staff can moan in a public forum but it's okay because they're emotional. Any real world job and they get sacked immediately and I'm 100% sure the club will have its own social media policy for the players that prohibits it.
Players are not robots. Apart from that, none of the players even talked about Jose in the press. It's just shit that it was promotional pic and was deleted, wish it was posted by Pogba himself. And yeah he isn't shitting on his senior staff, he is shitting on his ex coach.

Not sure what are you on about. I will never understand how people can blindly defend Jose and his shitty press conferences where he shat on club, players and everyone.

In which world manager won't be sacked for shitting on organization? If it was any other club, Jose wouldn't even have made the dressing room after the PC.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Neville will do well to remember that Jose buried Pogba and then pissed on his grave.

Patrick08

Players are not robots. Apart from that, none of the players even talked about Jose in the press. It's just shit that it was promotional pic and was deleted, wish it was posted by Pogba himself. And yeah he isn't shitting on his senior staff, he is shitting on his ex coach.

Not sure what are you on about. I will never understand how people can blindly defend Jose and his shitty press conferences where he shat on club, players and everyone.

In which world manager won't be sacked for shitting on organization? If it was any other club, Jose wouldn't even have made the dressing room after the PC.
But what he should care about most is his own game, his own performances and the impact he makes in brininging the right results at the club.

He's been taught a tough footballing lesson in the middle of the pitch by various top teams and here he is caring more about petty things than his professional pride which doesn't get hurt when a manager drops him or he is being exposed in the middle by other players.

I would love to think that that won't happen again under a new manager who is willing to get the best out of him. I sincerely wish that is the case and he proves everyone of the counters in their place but time will tell how brilliant and how good pogba is at his own game soon enough, specially since a caretaker manager won't take enough spotlight in the remainder of the season but the players will under the spotlight now.

SER19

So no examples of instances pointing to pogba needing his ego to be controlled then?

weird that you mention Pogba leaving United under Ferguson, when he proved that to be the right decision and choice for his career considering he became a superstar and one of the best midfielders around to the point we broke transfer records to bring him back. Seems like a wise and confident young man to me, and with the ability to materialise/justify his beliefs.

I know people on this forum like to walk around thinking United, especially under Ferguson, is/was the be all end all, but that, at no point in time, has ever been true.
Its your right to not think changing hairstyles every week, endless dancing and celebration videos, non celebrations on pitch, placed comments to media when things arent going well and basically telling united and Ferguson to feck off while they were developing him and reasurred him of his worth are not signs of a potential ego problem.

I think differently and now that mourinho is gone i think we truly risk seeing a player believe he is far more important than the manager- despite showing no reason on the pitch for united, that he is. To me, there is no evidence of wisdom in a host of things he does. Just immaturity.

Ive said before i quite like the whole pogba character business and hope it exudes confidence, but when he plays like a nearly retired gary neville he looks idiotic and unfocused.

roonster09

Scout
But what he should care about most is his own game, his own performances and the impact he makes in brininging the right results at the club.

He's been taught a tough footballing lesson in the middle of the pitch by various top teams and here he is caring more about petty things than his professional pride which doesn't get hurt when a manager drops him or he is being exposed in the middle by other players.

I would love to think that that won't happen again under a new manager who is willing to get the best out of him. I sincerely wish that is the case and he proves everyone of the counters in their place but time will tell how brilliant and how good pogba is at his own game soon enough, specially since a caretaker manager won't take enough spotlight in the remainder of the season but the players will under the spotlight now.
I don't know what you mean by all that, Pogba barely made a interview when he was dropped or when Jose shat on him everytime he talked about Pogba,

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Mourinho’s gone lads. We no longer have to be divided. If Neville doesn’t want to be positive he can do one.

Let’s get some harmony back on the Cafe. I can’t wait to have a go at sideways passing and poor crosses again. Instead of viruses, clothing lines and muscle gains.
This.

We should be complaining(if there are to be any complains) about things happening on the pitch. Like old times, complain about Valancia shit crosses, Nani daftness on the pitch sometimes etc.

Not viruses and all these off the pitches issues mostly perpetrated by Mourinho.

Patrick08

I don't know what you mean by all that, Pogba barely made a interview when he was dropped or when Jose shat on him everytime he talked about Pogba,
And he barely made his performances speak for himself as well. He became complacent after world cup victory.

freeurmind

weak willed
So if it was a scheduled post why is the club fining him? Glad to see people at the club aren't as gullible as some people on here. Pogba clearly coudn't help himself, classless act.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So if it was a scheduled post why is the club fining him? Glad to see people at the club aren't as gullible as some people on here. Pogba clearly coudn't help himself, classless act.
Show me where it's been confirmed that the club has fined him?

Let me guess, regurgitating nonsense your read on that garbage paper called the daily mail? This is how gullible you lots are, no wonder Jose could easily put out narratives and prey on you lots credulity.

roonster09

Scout
And he barely made his performances speak for himself as well. He became complacent after world cup victory.
Lets agree to disagree as this has been so many times. For me has done well except last few games when he was dropped and he was very poor.

yfoFC

Jose's magic wand?

Anyways I don't understand few things. Fans can shit on players however they want to but players shouldn't say anything about fans, even mildest of criticism. Manager can shit on players in every press conference but players shouldn't say anything even after the manager is sacked? Players are not robots.

This is something a lot of people don't get, players are humans but are never allowed to express themselves

The amount of stuff Jose has gotten away with saying is unbelievable really but the players just have to keep mute and take it like some hapless donkeys and are still expected to play at their very best with no where to vent their frustration... players are humans and should be allowed to react as such

yfoFC

People going on these random rethorics about Pogba being an issue to the next manager and all that unfounded nonsense, where do the lots of you get this idea that Pogba has ever been a troublemaker who has a precedent of falling out with his managers?

I mean I know some are just sheep regurgitating whatever narratives some agenda driven individuals push in the media, but some of you need to educate yourselves first before coming off as ignorant sheep.

On one hand you have a player who has a flawless disciplinary record with other managers he's worked with who make up a good sample of 3 and on the other hand you have a manager who's resume and history is filled with turmoil and fall out against his own players. One would think people would easily figure out what's what and who is the likely issue but seems like it's hard for some people to grasp it.

Quite amazing really.
This is all the evidence one needs to know who is in the right or wrong but some people just wanna see what they wanna see

yfoFC

Lets agree to disagree as this has been so many times. For me has done well except last few games when he was dropped and he was very poor.
Exactly, it's just been a few matches he's been poor but people forget that because of you-know-who

roonster09

Scout
Exactly, it's just been a few matches he's been poor but people forget that because of you-know-who
Yeah, he had lot of good games and then very poor in last few games. Hopefully it's just because of Jose and we see best of Pogba now.

JonDahl

Aye, the majority have always been sane and could see months ago exactly where we were heading under Mourinho and the inevitable outcome. But yeah, there are a-few of the acolytes left. I won't name and shame but they really aren't all that hard to come across.
Yep, they're generally the ones who are shitting on Pogba right now, despite being wrong about who put the post up. A few are also in hysterics now we've got Ole as well. You can just see they're desperate for anything negative to latch onto and beat Pogba or Ole down with.

Patrick08

Yeah, he had lot of good games and then very poor in last few games. Hopefully it's just because of Jose and we see best of Pogba now.
Also consistently poor against big teams on big occasions except for few minutes vs city away specially in ucl as well.

I expected him to have some motivation vs juventus as it was his former club, but did not see any special stuff from him. He has consistently flopped against big teams where he should be judged as a player. Pogba has to sort himself out there is no question about that.

Patrick08

think differently and now that mourinho is gone i think we truly risk seeing a player believe he is far more important than the manager- despite showing no reason on the pitch for united, that he is. To me, there is no evidence of wisdom in a host of things he does. Just immaturity.
Mourinho or no mourinho, I don't think that will be tolerated at this club. Mourinho was on thin ice and he still had the power to bench pogba, without any pressure from the club or fans to get him back on the pitch.

That tweet was dodgy about whether it was a scheduled event or not, did not won him no accolades in the club and in footballing circles that's for sure. Now it's up to him to respond with his performance and do the talking on the pitch than in social media.

Rolaholic

Yep, they're generally the ones who are shitting on Pogba right now, despite being wrong about who put the post up. A few are also in hysterics now we've got Ole as well. You can just see they're desperate for anything negative to latch onto and beat Pogba or Ole down with.
Funny how the same ones who seem so eager for one of our players to fail are mainly the same ones who were regurgitating the 'always back the manager' mantra ad nauseum as recently as last month

Quite a few sound like they'd rather see one of our best players fail just so they prove a point to justify their thinly veiled hatred of him rather than wanting to see him at his best for us. Some real 'fans' of the club that...

Canagel

don't you know he said we've sacked three excellent managers in a row? He's clueless and should not be taken seriously

MaCo

Supports
AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona
I don't think Pogba is behind this at all, as they claim. What is surprising that without this no other player has mentioned Mourinho on social media. How much was he really hated....I think players like Pogba have more influence in the dressingroom then the manager. But the silence from the players about Mourinho's sacking is telling.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why not just leave it up? Doesn't it become a bigger issue after being removed?

Most opposing fans I know feel as if this was done on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Moonred

It probably is prudent to have a social media policy which is beneficial for the club in order to avoid such scenarios in the future. Simply because it’s low form of tv drama that we can do without. Just make an exception for special clowns like Mourinho.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I've never got people who argued that Pogba doesn't care about the club, it's obvious to me he feels a deeper connection with it than Jose ever did or could.

Status
Not open for further replies.