Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
What has changed the last few weeks? Seeings large groups hunting again

Rooney1987

The latest update keeps crashing the game for me :mad:
I just got the notification to update think I'll wait.

I just the Mew myself. I never chance to do much raids, living in middle of nowhere. I managed to get a shiny Zapdos once but thats about it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What has changed the last few weeks? Seeings large groups hunting again
Loads of new people have started raiding around me too. Mostly seem to be completely new to the game. Perhaps trading and the friend system have got people playing?

In other news I hit level 40 last week :)

Minkaro

I just got the notification to update think I'll wait.

I just the Mew myself. I never chance to do much raids, living in middle of nowhere. I managed to get a shiny Zapdos once but thats about it.
It's OK. If you delete and reinstall the app, it fixes the crashing issue.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
"A ripple in time" challenge requires me to add three new friends to complete one of the tasks. None of my friends where I live are playing this game anymore. Leaving my trainer code on here in case one of you wants to exchange gifts and stuff - 8162 2617 0242.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
"A ripple in time" challenge requires me to add three new friends to complete one of the tasks. None of my friends where I live are playing this game anymore. Leaving my trainer code on here in case one of you wants to exchange gifts and stuff - 8162 2617 0242.
I've just added you. You can also use these sites to add friends:
https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/trainer-codes-list
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongotrades/
Also handy for trading gifts with people from the other side of the globe, for maximum distance when you trade towards the Pilot medal.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
That's grand, cheers!
PS - how on earth do you have almost 2,500kms of walking distance?!?
I've been playing since launch so I guess it just adds up. I've never done much walking specifically for the game. I just play it while I'm going about my day to day.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Almost entirely (maybe entirely) Kanto only Pokemon until the 30th, with regional pokemon unlocked in 7km eggs. Just saw a Lapras but it ran away :(

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Have they turned it in to a proper game yet? Like where you do battles?

I've never played. My phone's too old to run it but I liked the first gen gameboy games.

dellboyy

Yeah i've been playing again regularly since Jan after not playing in ages. Tbf they've had a constant stream of events and updates all year, trading, new legendaries, ex raids, mythical quests, constant stream of new shinies... prob why it's picked up again this year.

I raid quite regularly in town, there's a pretty big scene here

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Have they turned it in to a proper game yet? Like where you do battles?

I've never played. My phone's too old to run it but I liked the first gen gameboy games.
Isn't that what Lets Go Pickachu/Eevee is meant to be? A more elaborate, console, version of Pokemon Go.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Isn't that what Lets Go Pickachu/Eevee is meant to be? A more elaborate, console, version of Pokemon Go.
I have no idea.

I once beat the elite four on pokemon red with just a raticate and an articuno. Whatever's happened in the eighteen years since is beyond my knowledge.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Pokemon Go should be put in the dictionairy under the word fad. Never seen something rise and fade faster than Pokemon Go. For a few weeks the entire country walked around with his face in his phone like a bunch of cnuts. And then, poof, no one did anymore.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Pokemon Go should be put in the dictionairy under the word fad. Never seen something rise and fade faster than Pokemon Go. For a few weeks the entire country walked around with his face in his phone like a bunch of cnuts. And then, poof, no one did anymore.
There are still millions of active daily players, but certainly those first few weeks were insane.

I got spotted by our maintenance guy at a Deoxys ex raid on Tuesday and he's enjoying taking the piss that I play the same game his 6 year old son does.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I have no idea.

I once beat the elite four on pokemon red with just a raticate and an articuno. Whatever's happened in the eighteen years since is beyond my knowledge.
He was my mate's favourite Poke on Blue, pretty much because he could learn thunderbolt and ice beam.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Still playing. Really enjoy the community days especially, as about 50 - 100 people all meet up before the event and go have a fry up in the local pub before walking around like phone zombies for 3 hours, screaming with excitement when a shiny appears.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I have no idea.

I think it's meant to be something of the like. I know you can transfer your Pokemon from one to the other. It's out soon on the switch so I guess you'll find out soon.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just caught a shiny bloody kabuto while coming back from some raids. Nobody else playing still? @Jippy
Funny you should ask. Given I've been walking a lot lately, I cranked it up for the first time in yonks. Not quite got my head around the raids, field research and gifts etc yet...

Also it's on my old s5 and the battery life is seriously falling off a cliff, which doesn't help.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Funny you should ask. Given I've been walking a lot lately, I cranked it up for the first time in yonks. Not quite got my head around the raids, field research and gifts etc yet...

Also it's on my old s5 and the battery life is seriously falling off a cliff, which doesn't help.
They're brilliant. Raids are great for getting awesome pokemon and you do them with other people which is fun, field research lets you catch legendary dogs atm and gifts are like pokestops from your friends. When you complete a field research make sure you click it to get the stamp and only click one a day as you cant get more stamps than that.

Rooney1987

Just caught a shiny bloody kabuto while coming back from some raids. Nobody else playing still? @Jippy
I have the worst luck with shinys (not including community days). I have a shiny Magikarp and that's it.

I did manage to complete my first 151 pokedex which was pretty cool, finally got a Kangaskhan in an egg.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I have the worst luck with shinys (not including community days). I have a shiny Magikarp and that's it.

I did manage to complete my first 151 pokedex which was pretty cool, finally got a Kangaskhan in an egg.
That's the best shiny to get! I'd trade my kabuto for a magikarp all day

Red_Aaron

I got zero today ffs

My wife who was with me the whole time caught 6
Caught at least 160 in the 3 hours and not a single shiny

On eevee day I got 10 in around an hour :mad:

Havak

Pokemon master
Did Community Day in Manchester city centre today and wow! I thought it'd be busy with it being a good Pokemon, but it was way busier than I anticipated.

I shit you not, there was a Mewtwo Raid mid-way through the event I went to with a couple of friends and over 200 people showed up. Anyone who says nobody plays this anymore doesn't have a clue, it's still right up there with the most active and profitable mobile games going.

I managed to get 9 Shinies altogether today, but none of them were particularly good. My best catch was a 96% IV one (non-shiny) that I've evolved to Metagross.

Minkaro

It was popular here (Shrewsbury) as well - comparatively speaking. I didn't bother doing an estimate of a count, but there were a fair few for a Mewtwo raid. Amusingly (to me) there was a Buneary raid just starting after that one, so a lot of us went to do that one next. Almost felt sorry for the poor thing.

I've never really paid attention to IVs (I do the appraisal thing, but that's about it), but apparently the Metagross I decided to keep has one of 93%. I've also got a shiny one that's not very good, but I've never actually caught a "good" shiny - I just keep them for the novelty.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
They're rarer so more special. In the actual games there's something like 1/8000 odds of getting one (or there were, not sure what it is like in modern games). Guessing in Go they're more common.
Oh right. I kinda figured shiny=good, like when it comes to shopping for the wife at Christmas. I guess you get them at these raids?