Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Right, so I've got three people set to be best friend either today or tomorrow (Cheesecake, @Heardy, @NotThatSoph) and another person that'll be best friends in about 3 days maybe.

Want to coordinate a lucky egg at any point? I'm not too fussed on doing multiple at the same time as I've got 8 lucky eggs left, though I think you're in the UK Heardy? Correct me if I'm wrong, in which case it might be best to do it tomorrow at around 6pm when the spotlight hour is if that's okay with you

Damien

Staff
@Damien let me know if you want to coordinate a lucky egg mate - almost at BF status.
:lol: timing. Yeah I'd like that. Not opened your gift or the one that Soph sent me as I don't want to risk triggering the best friend until a lucky egg can be coordinated. What do you think about 6pm tomorrow so can stack with the spotlight hour? If that is too far away for you we can work something else out

Heardy

:lol: timing. Yeah I'd like that. Not opened your gift or the one that Soph sent me as I don't want to risk triggering the best friend until a lucky egg can be coordinated. What do you think about 6pm tomorrow so can stack with the spotlight hour? If that is too far away for you we can work something else out
:lol: That was bizarre timing. Yeah I’m based in the UK - I’m happy to hold off so you can time it with Soph & the spotlight hour too.

NotThatSoph

Right, so I've got three people set to be best friend either today or tomorrow (Cheesecake, @Heardy, @NotThatSoph) and another person that'll be best friends in about 3 days maybe.

Want to coordinate a lucky egg at any point? I'm not too fussed on doing multiple at the same time as I've got 8 lucky eggs left, though I think you're in the UK Heardy? Correct me if I'm wrong, in which case it might be best to do it tomorrow at around 6pm when the spotlight hour is if that's okay with you
Not popping an egg for this one, so do it whenever you want.

kentafuji

@Counterfactual - hi mate, just got a notification on the App to say we’ve become “lucky friends” and that next Pokémon we trade will be a “lucky Pokémon”.

Any idea what that means?
Lucky pokemon cost less to power up stardust wise.

Think they have a higher base IV level as well.

Btw, sent you a friend request

Counterfactual

@Counterfactual - hi mate, just got a notification on the App to say we’ve become “lucky friends” and that next Pokémon we trade will be a “lucky Pokémon”.

Any idea what that means?
What @kentafuji said, but I think it's useless as we can't trade at a distance, unless I've got that wrong. It's a shame, it seems like lucky Pokemon would be fun to have.

kentafuji

@Counterfactual @Heardy They do sometimes extend the distance of trading, but depends how far away you are from each other to begin I suppose.

You never stop being lucky friends though, so if you ever happen to be in the same place, then its always there for you.

NotThatSoph

@Heardy Best Friend thing tomorrow. I'm not using an egg, so I've sent you a gift and you can trigger it whenever you want.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Cheers - just accepted and sent you a gift!
Just to add, it's also a great way to improve iv's of the shinies you have collected as I believe a lucky Pokémon has a minium of 12/12/12 iv's.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'm new to this, I hope you don't mind a few newbie questions.

Do all pokemon have shiny and shadow variants?

I see in the pokedex lucky pokemon, what's this about?

Some pokemon like rattata can be normal or dark, is there a difference? Do all pokemon have dark variants?

Some pokemon are male or female, does this have any impact or it's just a curiosity?

Damien

Staff
I'm new to this, I hope you don't mind a few newbie questions.

Do all pokemon have shiny and shadow variants?
On Pokemon Go a fixed number do, but they're expanding - recently Bidoof got a shiny variant.

I see in the pokedex lucky pokemon, what's this about?
Randomly, someone on your friends list could become a Lucky Friend, in which case you can trade Pokemon to become Lucky and they can get improved stats.

Some pokemon like rattata can be normal or dark, is there a difference? Do all pokemon have dark variants?
They're regional variants. In the main series games (MSG) there's a normal Rattata and an Alolan Rattata (which I'm guessing is the dark variant you're on about). Regional variants were introduced in generation 7 and you can see a list here. Only real difference is typing and the attacks they can have.

Some pokemon are male or female, does this have any impact or it's just a curiosity?
Some gender varied Pokemon can look different but on the whole there's no real impact as there's no breeding in game.

Welcome, by the way.

Damien

Staff
Burmy
Combee
Kirlia (Ralts' evolution)
Salandit
Snorunt

Not sure if they're all in the game but I think they are. They're the ones with different evos based on gender.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Welcome, by the way.
Cheers!

I made a trade with my brother and to be honest I didn't notice if the pokemon became lucky. How do you tell them from normal pokemon?

However we both traded pokemon which had 3 stars in the appraisal thing and they lost stars. The one I got had 0 stars and the one he got ended up with 1 star. Is this random? Any way to improve our chances?

Damien

Staff
Cheers!

I made a trade with my brother and to be honest I didn't notice if the pokemon became lucky. How do you tell them from normal pokemon?

However we both traded pokemon which had 3 stars in the appraisal thing and they lost stars. The one I got had 0 stars and the one he got ended up with 1 star. Is this random? Any way to improve our chances?
I've never had a Lucky Pokemon but I think their name turns yellowish and there's text saying Lucky Pokemon on their info screen.

Someone else will be able to help with the trade thing as I've only ever done three trades as nobody lives near me who plays it. I do think it is random and no idea if it is possible to improve chances

decorativeed

Cheers!

There's all animated bubbles behind them. It's fairly rare for them to go lucky, unless there's an event on, or you're trading really old pokemon caught in 2016.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
In addition to what Damien said you can also get lucky Pokémon by trading, it's pure luck though and you'll know when it happens as it will say it under the Pokémon's name.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Finally found my first hundo in the wild - a Bulbasaur.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
In addition to what Damien said you can also get lucky Pokémon by trading, it's pure luck though and you'll know when it happens as it will say it under the Pokémon's name.
There's all animated bubbles behind them. It's fairly rare for them to go lucky, unless there's an event on, or you're trading really old pokemon caught in 2016.
Thanks ;)

kentafuji

@maniak I am sure if you share your friend code here, all us lovely people will add you. friendship is probably one of the better ways to level up your avatar in the game.

Also, loving the BIDOOF event.

kentafuji

Cheers!

With Trades, the IVs (appraisal ratings) get re-rolled upon trading. So, its always abit of luck what the pokemon will come out with once traded.

I tend to go with trading pokemon with lower apprasial stats, as you're less likely to be disappointed with how it turns out.

The higher friendship level you have, gives you a higher base rate for the Pokemon's stats. I forget exactly what it is though. So just keep leveling up your friendship, to get a better chance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone know if Regigigas is still the 5* raid for tomorrow?