Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well, when the counter on my mysterious box goes down to 0 (tonight) so I can open it, get loads of Meltan and loads of XL Candy.
Oh I'm with you. I thought there was a Meltan event on that I wasn't aware of, like community day.

Minkaro

Wait, we could have got shiny Meltan?

You mean I’ve been dicking about looking for Cyndaquil when I could have been getting something good?

decorativeed

Anyone actually getting the Go fest ticket, I've got the last few but this one doesn't seem worth it.
Tempted, as it's only a fiver, but I kind of resent feeling like I then have to spend most of the weekend playing it or miss out on some shinies.

kentafuji

I got the ticket literally because its a fiver, i dont intend to play all weekend, but figured a fiver was worth it kill a few hours each day over weekend.

Probably would have given it a miss if it was priced like last year

decorativeed

Not seen a single shiny yet.

Edit: got a Lotad, Alolan Geodude and another Skorupi now. And a Sawk. And a Carvanha and a Feebas. And a Woobat. A Gligar. A Sableye. A Croagunk, another Roggenrola. And an Unown!

Last edited:

Minkaro

I got eleven myself. One was a Skarmory, which I already had, but there was also Gligar, Hippopotas, Zigzagoon (with hat), Feebas, Kricketot, Sawk, Pikachu (with hat), Roggenrola, Eevee, and Tangela.

My brother, the bastard, got Scyther:mad:

decorativeed

I got eleven myself. One was a Skarmory, which I already had, but there was also Gligar, Hippopotas, Zigzagoon (with hat), Feebas, Kricketot, Sawk, Pikachu (with hat), Roggenrola, Eevee, and Tangela.

My brother, the bastard, got Scyther:mad:
I've had a few shiny Scythers in the past, so I only caught one for the collection task. Also finished my shiny Mew research today too. No shundo, but it's decent enough.

Was hoping for shiny Snorlax, Deino and Ekans. Not sure if they're available tomorrow or not.

Heardy

Played for hours after buying the event ticket - caught god knows how many Pokémon - no shinies though. Gutted.

Anything I can do to increase chances or is it just a case of incense and keep walking?

kentafuji

Had fun today, lovely weather. Was out for a few hours this morning, then a little this afternoon. Rest of the time on incense.

12 shinies in the end, including Sableye which has been a desired one for a while. Got 2 pikachus hat shinies, and got a shiny Throh on the first spawn, which was cool considering never had one before.

Definitely worth the fiver, and thats without tomorrow.

decorativeed

Played for hours after buying the event ticket - caught god knows how many Pokémon - no shinies though. Gutted.

Anything I can do to increase chances or is it just a case of incense and keep walking?
No, you were just extremely unlucky. I had a much luckier day than I usually have with these things. Incense will attract stuff that isn't spawning for non-ticket holders such as Unown. Not sure how many of my shinies were caught using the insence though.

decorativeed

Had fun today, lovely weather. Was out for a few hours this morning, then a little this afternoon. Rest of the time on incense.

12 shinies in the end, including Sableye which has been a desired one for a while. Got 2 pikachus hat shinies, and got a shiny Throh on the first spawn, which was cool considering never had one before.

Definitely worth the fiver, and thats without tomorrow.
I caught the shiny Sawk, but I only saw one Throh during the whole day. It wasn't shiny.

Rooney1987

Not seen a single shiny yet.

Edit: got a Lotad, Alolan Geodude and another Skorupi now. And a Sawk. And a Carvanha and a Feebas. And a Woobat. A Gligar. A Sableye. A Croagunk, another Roggenrola. And an Unown!
About 2ish I also hadn't got a single shiny either, 4 hours. Considered giving up as it was getting very hot. Ended up with Lotad, Alolan Geodude (already had it so traded with my partner for a shiny Baltoy), Sawk, Woobat, Wailmer, Roggenrola, Dratini (traded for as I had it for this events pika with a hat), Deino, Throh, Chimecho, Skorupi and Growlithe. I also traded one the Pikachu popstar for a rockstar one. Overall was worth it and a good haul in the end but it sure was a grind this time. I think the game wants you to do the whole thing so makes you walk all 8 hours.

As for tomorrow, other then Hoopa now appearing in the loading screen and it mainly just raids I don't know what is going on.

Hamnat

Good xp today I did a lot of raids with co worker and his son. Tomorrow expect a lot more raids

Minkaro

I think today’s more about raids. Been good for me, because I only started this account in April, so been able to catch up on some of the legendaries I missed.

Did get a shiny Carvanha this morning. Not been out though, so might have got more if I’d been for a walk. Bugger that in this heat.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think today’s more about raids. Been good for me, because I only started this account in April, so been able to catch up on some of the legendaries I missed.

Did get a shiny Carvanha this morning. Not been out though, so might have got more if I’d been for a walk. Bugger that in this heat.
I've been the same. Only one I'm missing now is Uxie (missed out as there were 4000 in queue and it stopped around 2800, I'm guessing due to timezone ending).

Crazy thing was seeing a local Reshiram raid get 19 people in (I remoted)

Rooney1987

Managed a Zekrom and Reshiram which I didn't have. No other shiny but I didn't really adventure out much.

decorativeed

I've got all the legendaries, so was hoping to get some shinies from the raids. Not a single one out of 37 raids! Can't help but feel I wasted my day!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Managed to catch 25 legendaries today, I’m all raided out.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Got a Reshiram and altered Giratina which I needed but no shinies, of anything. Tbf I haven't been able to play properly all weekend which I'm gutted about.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@RonaldoVII we are due to become best friends, let me know when's a good time to arrange an egg.

Counterfactual

I got the same. No idea how much stardust it normally is.
Most articles I've read say 500 dust for 25k and 1,000 at 50k, so I should've got 1,500.

But I did just find this... maybe the change was reverted...

===
POST LAUNCH ADJUSTMENTS
In the hours after the Adventure Sync feature launched, Silph Researchers detected that there was at least one change made to the system. At 23:00 UTC, stardust rewards were reduced from 5,000 and 10,000, to 500 and 1,500 for the 25KM and 50KM rewards, respectively. There may have been additional changes made by Niantic that remain undetected at this time.

https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/
===

Counterfactual

Quick question...

I had a perfect Baltoy, evolved it and he's now 1521 CP with a max of 1971.

It's already above the Great League cap, can't get anywhere near the Ultra League cap, and isn't useful for anything else as far as I can see...

Would you just get rid of it?

kentafuji

Quick question...

I had a perfect Baltoy, evolved it and he's now 1521 CP with a max of 1971.

It's already above the Great League cap, can't get anywhere near the Ultra League cap, and isn't useful for anything else as far as I can see...

Would you just get rid of it?
It really just depends on you I think, and what you want, and I suppose bag space. Do you have the room to keep it? Do you really want it, if you arent gonna do much wit it?

I personally keep all my hundos, cos they're just nice as a token sorta like the shinies with terrible IVs, not gonna do much with them, but just nice to have.

Counterfactual

It really just depends on you I think, and what you want, and I suppose bag space. Do you have the room to keep it? Do you really want it, if you arent gonna do much wit it?

I personally keep all my hundos, cos they're just nice as a token sorta like the shinies with terrible IVs, not gonna do much with them, but just nice to have.
Thanks. I'll probably ditch it. I have 400 slots. Someone I read recently was saying they didn't have enough room with 3,400!

RonaldoVII

My account is FrozenInHell. I've got the following accounts to coordinate. May be some others if you've added me and I'm unsure you're Caf related:

CaptOfIndustry (anyone know who this is? I've got it marked down as Caf but may not be).
Heardy1985 @Heardy
Karel2123 @2mufc0
randompicknmix @Counterfactual

Is there a good time that suits us? Can coordinate with @kentafuji too.