Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Heardy

My account is FrozenInHell. I've got the following accounts to coordinate. May be some others if you've added me and I'm unsure you're Caf related:

CaptOfIndustry (anyone know who this is? I've got it marked down as Caf but may not be).
Heardy1985 @Heardy
Karel2123 @2mufc0
randompicknmix @Counterfactual

Is there a good time that suits us? Can coordinate with @kentafuji too.
I can do anytime today before 7ish

kentafuji

I do believe CaptofIndustry is a redcafe user, cos I have him as a friend too. So it would make sense to be from this thread

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I got stuck on a work call, sorry. I've sent gifts so open if you've still got eggs on. If not then just open when it suits you.
So I did a search through the thread and found that CaptOfIndustry is @BarstoolProphet

Not sure how active he is on redcafe
Sorry guys was travelling yesterday evening. Can do most of the day today too, should we aim for 6pm UK time again?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
My account is FrozenInHell. I've got the following accounts to coordinate. May be some others if you've added me and I'm unsure you're Caf related:

CaptOfIndustry (anyone know who this is? I've got it marked down as Caf but may not be).
Heardy1985 @Heardy
Karel2123 @2mufc0
randompicknmix @Counterfactual

Is there a good time that suits us? Can coordinate with @kentafuji too.
Fairly sure I have you, and we are really close to best friends as well.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Will open now.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Only just started this game a few days ago so very far behind the curve but it's a good excuse to get more exercise in a way and loved the series as a kid!

Got a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) Once the "Special" tasks have all been completed, will I get more or is that it for them? I only have "Let's GO, Meltan" and "A Mythical Discovery" left?
2) On the first point, it requires I catch pokemon that I don't think spawn near me, such as Exeggcute, any tips on how to get past this?
3) What do you do with Pokemon such as Butterfree as it's fully upgraded but not powerful enough that I'll ever use it, hesitant to delete though as I'll lose the pokedex entry?
4) Is there a general consensus on the best place to catch higher rarity Pokemon? I see people mention Universities, Castles, Seasides etc I didn't know if there were any tips/ tricks to spawn locations etc
5) I see a lot of people talking about teleporting which seems to be based on a location spoof and can be banned, has anyone got any experience on this and is it worth it?
6) Some people seem to say it's better to keep Pokemon as shadow rather than purify, is there any truth to that?
7) Finally, struggling in the "Ultra League" as well, I've only bothered putting up those that are 3* or 4* but I now read that some look for high HP, high DEF and low ATK stats that doesn't cap below 2,500 CP, is there any truth in that?

Sorry for the barage but I can't find anything conclusive on theses points and hoping you experts can help!

Counterfactual

Only just started this game a few days ago so very far behind the curve but it's a good excuse to get more exercise in a way and loved the series as a kid!

1) Once the "Special" tasks have all been completed, will I get more or is that it for them? I only have "Let's GO, Meltan" and "A Mythical Discovery" left?
2) On the first point, it requires I catch pokemon that I don't think spawn near me, such as Exeggcute, any tips on how to get past this?
3) What do you do with Pokemon such as Butterfree as it's fully upgraded but not powerful enough that I'll ever use it, hesitant to delete though as I'll lose the pokedex entry?
4) Is there a general consensus on the best place to catch higher rarity Pokemon? I see people mention Universities, Castles, Seasides etc I didn't know if there were any tips/ tricks to spawn locations etc
5) I see a lot of people talking about teleporting which seems to be based on a location spoof and can be banned, has anyone got any experience on this and is it worth it?
6) Some people seem to say it's better to keep Pokemon as shadow rather than purify, is there any truth to that?
7) Finally, struggling in the "Ultra League" as well, I've only bothered putting up those that are 3* or 4* but I now read that some look for high HP, high DEF and low ATK stats that doesn't cap below 2,500 CP, is there any truth in that?

Sorry for the barage but I can't find anything conclusive on theses points and hoping you experts can help!
I'm not an expert by any means, but I'll have a go until a real expert chips in... :)

1: Special tasks may happen with new events, or repeats of old ones, but if you've done a special, that's it. I think I've done about a dozen.
2: Wait for events which those Pokemon are a part of, check eggs for potential pokemon, remote raids, or go hunting.
3: You won't lose the Pokedex entry by deleting a pokemon.
4: Remote raids. Events. Be a higher level yourself to see higher level pokemon in the wild.
5: IDK anything about that.
6: I think so, yes, because a shadow pokemon gets a bonus to stats. But you'll probably want to get rid of "frustration" first, which is only available at very infrequent times as far as I can tell. Also, shadows are cheaper to level up.
7: In theory I think so, yes, because apparently attack contributes more to CP than def/hp, but I haven't bothered to min/max that. I just go with 15/15/15 or as close as I can get. Matching the weather type seems to help me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
To add to the above, Ultra League is the league I do worst in, but you can see the "rank" of a particular Pokemon here: https://www.stadiumgaming.gg/rank-checker

So for example a 10/10/10 Vaporeon in Ultra would be ranked 3109 of 4096 Vaporeon, but a 0/15/13 Vaporeon would be ranked #1 with it being able to get to level 30.5 compared to 29 for the 3109 ranked Vaporeon.

Shadow pokemon have something like a 20% boost to attack, but their defence goes down by about 20% as well. I managed to get a 100IV shadow Snubbull the other day. Don't think there's many situations I can actually use it in, but nice to have. With shadow pokemon you do have to wait for events where you can TM away Frustration like Counterfactual said.

Certain special quests appear when you're at a step on other quest - for example, for me, the Victini research "Investigate a Mysterious Energy" appeared for me when I was on step five(?) of the Jirachi research "A Thousand-Year Slumber". Not sure if any others spawn during the Mew or Meltan quests.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I'm not an expert by any means, but I'll have a go until a real expert chips in... :)

1: Special tasks may happen with new events, or repeats of old ones, but if you've done a special, that's it. I think I've done about a dozen.
2: Wait for events which those Pokemon are a part of, check eggs for potential pokemon, remote raids, or go hunting.
3: You won't lose the Pokedex entry by deleting a pokemon.
4: Remote raids. Events. Be a higher level yourself to see higher level pokemon in the wild.
5: IDK anything about that.
6: I think so, yes, because a shadow pokemon gets a bonus to stats. But you'll probably want to get rid of "frustration" first, which is only available at very infrequent times as far as I can tell. Also, shadows are cheaper to level up.
7: In theory I think so, yes, because apparently attack contributes more to CP than def/hp, but I haven't bothered to min/max that. I just go with 15/15/15 or as close as I can get. Matching the weather type seems to help me.
Thanks for your responses, that helps a lot!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
To add to the above, Ultra League is the league I do worst in, but you can see the "rank" of a particular Pokemon here: https://www.stadiumgaming.gg/rank-checker

So for example a 10/10/10 Vaporeon in Ultra would be ranked 3109 of 4096 Vaporeon, but a 0/15/13 Vaporeon would be ranked #1 with it being able to get to level 30.5 compared to 29 for the 3109 ranked Vaporeon.

Shadow pokemon have something like a 20% boost to attack, but their defence goes down by about 20% as well. I managed to get a 100IV shadow Snubbull the other day. Don't think there's many situations I can actually use it in, but nice to have. With shadow pokemon you do have to wait for events where you can TM away Frustration like Counterfactual said.

Certain special quests appear when you're at a step on other quest - for example, for me, the Victini research "Investigate a Mysterious Energy" appeared for me when I was on step five(?) of the Jirachi research "A Thousand-Year Slumber". Not sure if any others spawn during the Mew or Meltan quests.
That's really helpful thanks, I'll check the website out, I don't think I'm even good enough yet to worry about squeezing that extra few percent out, my highest streak is 12 in the ultra league so no expert here but that's interesting about Shadow pokemon as I had been purifying without thought

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Most questions answered, but 5 does carry a risk of ban as its considered cheating using third party software and teleporting to different locations.

Whether its worth it is a call you will have to make, does it make the game easier? Yes, as you won't have to leave your house to play, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the game which is to get you out and about. Also the whole cheating aspect and how you feel about that. As already mentioned the risk of a ban also lingers.

Counterfactual

Very interesting. It seems like min/maxing makes more of a difference than I thought.

decorativeed

I've just realised that getting an achievement doesn't unlock the cosmetic reward, it unlocks the ability to buy the reward.

That's really messed up! :D
I've been playing it since day one, 5 years ago, and I've never bought one of those. A complete waste of time when you constantly need to buy storage upgrades.

Counterfactual

I've been playing it since day one, 5 years ago, and I've never bought one of those. A complete waste of time when you constantly need to buy storage upgrades.
I won't bother either. :)

Back in June there was a "buy one get one free" sale on storage where the upgrade was doubled. Do they do that often? I'm not sure whether to save up or not. :)

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@jrsenior next interaction will be BF so could you not open the next gift until we can arrange a time for a lucky egg?

jrsenior

@jrsenior next interaction will be BF so could you not open the next gift until we can arrange a time for a lucky egg?
Yes, I will wait. Do you have others to coordinate as well? I've got two others close to BF from the caf I believe. Would be nice if it was possible do everyone on one egg.

Minkaro

Yes, I will wait. Do you have others to coordinate as well? I've got two others close to BF from the caf I believe. Would be nice if it was possible do everyone on one egg.
Was just coming in here to tag you. We’re on one day remaining.

I take it the bonus comes after that one? It’s not one of those were the final day is zero?

Edit: At work now all day. Will pop back in at lunch (usually around 12pm gmt) to see what’s going on.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'm pretty free to do whenever, so just let me know when it best suits you.