Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

kentafuji

@jrsenior So i accidentally removed you off my friends list. Was on the wrong person, didnt realise until it was too late. Sent you a new request, but it shouldnt effect our level.

I am an absolute idiot :houllier:

Counterfactual

Lads, I'm saving up 400 candies to evolve magikarp into gyarados, mainly because it's a quest step. Should I care about the quality of the magikarp I evolve? It seems irrelevant because magikarp is such low CP, but I'd like to check. Can you get a decent gyarados from evolution? He appears in raids, right, so it's not like 400 candy is the only way to get him?

kentafuji

Lads, I'm saving up 400 candies to evolve magikarp into gyarados, mainly because it's a quest step. Should I care about the quality of the magikarp I evolve? It seems irrelevant because magikarp is such low CP, but I'd like to check. Can you get a decent gyarados from evolution? He appears in raids, right, so it's not like 400 candy is the only way to get him?
There are some quests that drop Magikarp, and its hatchable from 2kg eggs. So its fairly easy to get a good IV one, and they can still be common enough in the right areas. So, you can easily see if you can get a better one in the next days to evolve

Its not a top tier attacker though, definitely much better water/flying/dragon type attackers to use over it. So if you just wanna move on from the quest. evolve what you have right away

Minkaro

Yes, was just going to say I'm going to be away for the weekend. If you don't mind could we organise it for Tuesday's spotlight hour?
That’s double XP for evolving isn’t it? I wanted to put a lucky egg on then, so that’s fine by me.

Counterfactual

There are some quests that drop Magikarp, and its hatchable from 2kg eggs. So its fairly easy to get a good IV one, and they can still be common enough in the right areas. So, you can easily see if you can get a better one in the next days to evolve

Its not a top tier attacker though, definitely much better water/flying/dragon type attackers to use over it. So if you just wanna move on from the quest. evolve what you have right away
Thanks!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
To elaborate on kentafuji's advice, you might find the following 2 resources helpful:

https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/attackers-tier-list

As you can see from those links, Gyarados is still a decent water type attacker, but Kyogre is much better. If you're low on stardust it's not worth powering up a Gyarados imo, and therefore not worth worrying about IVs. You'd be better just to evolve the highest CP magikarp you find and save your stardust for the likes of Kyogre and other legendaries. Or even Kingler does more water type DPS these days.

In terms of getting a Kyogre and other legendaries, use the Poke Genie app if you aren't already.

Last edited:

Minkaro

@2mufc0 - we are also one interaction away from becoming best friends. Damien and I have scheduled the next spotlight hour (Tuesday 6pm) in for putting on a lucky egg, so I was hoping that might work for you too? Be nice to get two done at once.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@2mufc0 - we are also one interaction away from becoming best friends. Damien and I have scheduled the next spotlight hour (Tuesday 6pm) in for putting on a lucky egg, so I was hoping that might work for you too? Be nice to get two done at once.
Yeah that should be fine, if you can remind me on the day that would be good.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should I open?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks guys, small dent to 42.

Minkaro

Cheers guys, didn’t post earlier because I was desperately trying to get excellent throws on Wooloos.

Heardy

What’s happened to the search function? You used to be able type in “evolve” and see which Pokémon could be evolved, but the function seems to have disappeared?

Any ideas guys? You’re normally much sharper on the game than me so figured I’d ask!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What’s happened to the search function? You used to be able type in “evolve” and see which Pokémon could be evolved, but the function seems to have disappeared?

Any ideas guys? You’re normally much sharper on the game than me so figured I’d ask!
Noticed that earlier, hoping it's just a temporary issue.