Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Counterfactual

What do you do with Dittos?

I spent forever looking for one. Now I have five. I know I'm hoarding them because of how hard it was to get my first one, but is that pointless?

They must be stupidly hard to level seeing as how uncommon it is to find them, unless you use rare candy, which you'd need a truckload of.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I spent forever looking for one. Now I have five. I know I'm hoarding them because of how hard it was to get my first one, but is that pointless?

They must be stupidly hard to level seeing as how uncommon it is to find them, unless you use rare candy, which you'd need a truckload of.
I find them pretty pointless. Only hope is that the game introduces breeding at some point many years in the future.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

As with most meta irrelevant mon, I tend to just keep the highest CP and best IV one I catch. Just in case they ever become useful.

Heardy

Check field research guys - Misunderstood mischief has updated. Catch a Furfou is a a task. One appeared straightaway but I’d not updated the research before so had already caught it.

Hopefully another one appears!!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Check field research guys - Misunderstood mischief has updated. Catch a Furfou is a a task. One appeared straightaway but I’d not updated the research before so had already caught it.

Hopefully another one appears!!
Thanks for this. Just logged on and updated research first before catching the Furfrou that was there. I'm sure you'll find another.

NotThatSoph

So, yeah, 5 great throws in a row... easy, no worries.

:nervous:
There's no time limit at all, so yes, don't worry.

If you want to get it done asap, then I'd just prio easy throws. For me, of the boosted spawns, that's Hoothoot, Drilbur, Larvitar, (Dwebble), Oddish, Mankey, Aipom.

Always annoying to fail on the 4th or 5th, though.

MrGroovy

if you really struggle with Great or Excellent throw, there's a neat trick to do it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BLWPqp8mq0

Basically you hold your ball, let the circle gets smaller, then when it's small enough release your finger from the screen.
Then wait until the wild pokemon attacks - when it's in attacking motion, right at the end you immediately throw the ball (before the circle appears).
The youtube should give clearer idea.

Very helpful during raids to get that excellent throws.

Counterfactual

Cheers guys. I actually completed the 5-in-a-row just now trying to catch Genesect. I think it helped having the catch area stay the same for multiple throws. It kept messing me up trying to catch wild pokemon with their different sizes and distances.

decorativeed

Having to get 5 great throws in a row is an absolute nightmare.
I struggled with it at first, especially when trying to get my first Spinda reward, but it's all about choosing the right targets, as some just aren't worth trying.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@blythy we are one more interaction away from BF, I have a arranged a lucky egg for 9pm Sunday (10th) with other friends to level up, would that work for you too?

Counterfactual

Man, Niantic get on my tits. What was with that special free box today? I had no space to open it, so I left it to claim later. Now it's gone. Apparently it was only available for 6 hours. Who knew?

Am I missing somewhere obvious where they put announcements of stuff like this?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Man, Niantic get on my tits. What was with that special free box today? I had no space to open it, so I left it to claim later. Now it's gone. Apparently it was only available for 6 hours. Who knew?

Am I missing somewhere obvious where they put announcements of stuff like this?
If it wasn't for a couple of subreddits making posts about it I would have missed it too. Niantic are really shit for short timed tasks and gifts.

decorativeed

x1 Fast TM
x1 Charged TM
x50 Poke Ball
x1 Lucky Egg

It's just daft from a marketing angle... it's not a flash sale, it's a freebie to celebrate their birthday!
Ah, not bothered about that. I'd have to bin a load of stuff to be able to buy it, then I'd just bin the 50 pokeballs anyway.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
You can tell you guys don't have gotchas... Normal balls are my most sought after item! Shame I didn't realise that box was available either.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
@blythy we are one more interaction away from BF, I have a arranged a lucky egg for 9pm Sunday (10th) with other friends to level up, would that work for you too?
Sure, unless you want to do it anytime during comm day? I'll have an egg on 11-5

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sure, unless you want to do it anytime during comm day? I'll have an egg on 11-5
Sure no worries will open up during com hours, would you like me to tag you here before I open it?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Yeah. Only standard forum newbies/unregistered users can't see is the General.
How do I go about messaging Biggins to coordinate an egg @Damien ? If I click on their name in the post you quoted them in I just get an Access Denied.

@NotThatSoph Would you also like to coordinate a lucky egg before leveling up friends?