Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Heardy

I don't know about the function that broke, I've never done that. But there's "can evolve" under "search / see more / special".
I think that lists every Pokémon that can / has evolved. Machamp is on there for example - it doesn’t filter your Pokémon by which ones you have enough candies to evolve, which used to be the case under the “can evolve” filter.

Counterfactual

I think that lists every Pokémon that can / has evolved. Machamp is on there for example - it doesn’t filter your Pokémon by which ones you have enough candies to evolve, which used to be the case under the “can evolve” filter.
Hmm, it shows me the 38 out of my 350 Pokemon that I can evolve... ones which I have enough candy to evolve. That's what I'd expect it to show. Maybe I'm missing something, it's been a long day. :)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Counterfactual

Did I miss something with today's event? You had to find Hoopa, but he was the reward for the special research. I didn't realise there was new special research until the event was nearly done. Should they have made it clearer to activate the special research (through the chat dialogue with whatshisface) before trying to chase down all the needed Pokemon?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Did I miss something with today's event? You had to find Hoopa, but he was the reward for the special research. I didn't realise there was new special research until the event was nearly done. Should they have made it clearer to activate the special research (through the chat dialogue with whatshisface) before trying to chase down all the needed Pokemon?
I was so confused as to what was going on :lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
More than me, who didn't even notice there was an event on! Looks like I missed out.
Wait, that was timed?! Fortunately I did it but that's harsh on players who missed out.

Also show yourself Biggins300 or I'll be keeping all the ultra/best friend xp to myself!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wait, that was timed?! Fortunately I did it but that's harsh on players who missed out.

Also show yourself Biggins300 or I'll be keeping all the ultra/best friend xp to myself!
I don't think the special research was timed. So they can still get Hoopa, just not the collection part.

MrGroovy

Yep, SPECIAL researches (right-most tab) are permanent, don't need to worry as there's no expiry.

TODAY researches are timed, so if you didn't complete it then you will miss out the battle pose i think.

Counterfactual

Yep, SPECIAL researches (right-most tab) are permanent, don't need to worry as there's no expiry.

TODAY researches are timed, so if you didn't complete it then you will miss out the battle pose i think.
Correct, but they linked the two this time. You couldn't complete the timed collection event without finishing the special research step.

decorativeed

Kind of annoying to miss out on a collection challenge, as I've completed all of the others. I'd not seen any mention of timed research anywhere, and I was out and about during those hours too! I just didn't turn the game on.

Damien

Staff
Biggins is here:

Hi Damien, Biggins300 is me. Been a Caf lurker for over ten year and who would have thought that pogo would be a trigger for me to register here! Happy to participate in egg coordinations but someone will need to explain to me how this works as I'm a fairly new pogo user (started playing in early June this year). Many thanks!
Registered today :lol: I've told him how it works so we can add and co-ordinate in a few months time.

jrsenior

Have added Biggins as well. I will try not to screw up the egg this time.
what do you guys prefer to do when we have reached BB? Keep in friends list for remote raids? I can't open/send gifts to BB because of the limits.

Counterfactual

Just saw this... pretty interesting...

---

Battlers, rejoice—soon, you’ll be able to preview your Pokémon’s post-Evolution CP before you evolve it! This new Evolution preview screen will display the following.

• The current Pokémon and its CP
  • The Pokémon’s Evolution and its new CP
  • The leagues the Evolved Pokémon would qualify for
This feature will go live sometime in September. We hope this will help you better determine which Pokémon to power up and evolve.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/sept-2021-events/?hl=en
--

Damien

Staff
what do you guys prefer to do when we have reached BB? Keep in friends list for remote raids? I can't open/send gifts to BB because of the limits.
I generally keep. I think people understand they can't get/open gifts every day after becoming BF but it is nice to have them there.

Just saw this... pretty interesting...

---

Battlers, rejoice—soon, you’ll be able to preview your Pokémon’s post-Evolution CP before you evolve it! This new Evolution preview screen will display the following.

• The current Pokémon and its CP
  • The Pokémon’s Evolution and its new CP
  • The leagues the Evolved Pokémon would qualify for
This feature will go live sometime in September. We hope this will help you better determine which Pokémon to power up and evolve.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/sept-2021-events/?hl=en
--
Something that should have been in the game years ago but I hope there's an option whether to have it turned on or off - already takes long enough to evolve a Pokemon without including another screen.

Counterfactual

I generally keep. I think people understand they can't get/open gifts every day after becoming BF but it is nice to have them there.

Something that should have been in the game years ago but I hope there's an option whether to have it turned on or off - already takes long enough to evolve a Pokemon without including another screen.
Good point. It does look like an additional click in the evolution process.

kentafuji

I was hoping it would just be a confirmation screen.

So when you click to evovle you get the confirmation of yes/no to evovle. Just add it on there. The CP would be 'XXX'. We can figure out what league it would be eligible for literally based on CP

But probably not. They'll over complicate it, I am sure.

kentafuji

I think now you can have 400 people its not so bad. I used to delete some best friends (unless I know them personally or through somewhere like a forum where we can communicate). Still good for the ocassional gift and raiding.

Minkaro

Sounds good - what’s your name in the game mate - “Bling Groudon”??

When works for you, I can do whenever really.
6pm any good? That way if you decide to do raid hour you’ve got the egg still active?

edit: BlindGroudon, a play on Blind Guardian. Although a Bling Groudon is a fun mental image.

Counterfactual

This just stopped working for me. "Can Evolve" used to show a number under it but now it doesn't and when you click it, it shows all your Pokemon. So they've borked it somehow.

Strange how it took a week longer to break for me than you.

Is there a workaround?

----
The “Can Evolve” search filter does not function.
Issue description:
The “Can Evolve” search filter does not apply when selected.
Issue status: Resolved in upcoming release (0.219.1). In the meantime, we have removed this option from the Recommended filter list to mitigate confusion.
https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&l=en&s=release-notes-known-issues&f=known-issues

Heardy

This just stopped working for me. "Can Evolve" used to show a number under it but now it doesn't and when you click it, it shows all your Pokemon. So they've borked it somehow.

Is there a workaround?

----
Issue description:
Issue status: Resolved in upcoming release (0.219.1). In the meantime, we have removed this option from the Recommended filter list to mitigate confusion.
https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&l=en&s=release-notes-known-issues&f=known-issues
Still bugged on mine - annoying as hell now being able to see who I can evolve without manually clicking on every bloody pokemon. :lol:

Hopefully when the app updates it’ll fix it but weirdly the “can evolve” option hasn’t been removed on my game - who knows.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Is there a workaround?

----
Issue description:
Same - Mine was working when I originally read that post but now it's broken. Presumably we were slow to update to a new version.

It's mad how often bugs slip through their testing before releasing new updates.

kentafuji

Same - Mine was working when I originally read that post but now it's broken. Presumably we were slow to update to a new version.

It's mad how often bugs slip through their testing before releasing new updates.
You assume they are testing things...