Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Thats the thing, I was right on top of the grey beacon, but nothing appeared for me to click.

Was gutted because I was stood in the middle of a small patch of grass that was boggy with cars going past, must have wondered wtf :lol:
Yeah I had that just now. Think it's when there are server issues

rcoobc

My highest is 110, and I've been playing it for days. Rural areas suck

kps88

Any idea how the location of the Pokestops in different countries/areas are decided? Hearing almost all Pokestops in India are temples.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Any idea how the location of the Pokestops in different countries/areas are decided? Hearing almost all Pokestops in India are temples.
The developer's previous game Ingress had people go to places and mark them as landmarks. Most Pokestops are taken from the landmarks people put down in that game.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
The developer's previous game Ingress had people go to places and mark them as landmarks. Most Pokestops are taken from the landmarks people put down in that game.
Really? What the feck am i going to do here? There are no landmarks in shitty Rotherham :lol:

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
No parks or anything? There's a park opposite my house that is a Pokestop. Just need to get off my arse.
Oh i thought you meant landmarks like proper landmarks, y'know big ben type shit. If it's parks or Sainsbury's or whatever then i'm good i guess.

rcoobc

My friends have stopped playing this in fear of being banned. Sad times. Hopefully the full release is this week so we can all start playing

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Caught like 15 of them at work today.... up to 20 total now. Best is a CP 100 raticate. Looks like there is a pidgeotto or whatever close to me right now but I can't walk out of the building to explore :(

MoneyMay

rcoobc

Okay, I need help.

So I had 4 gyms captured, (I assigned 4 pokemon to gyms already held by my team). Now I only have three, and my pokemon has 1 HP)

Questions:

- Does this mean the gym has been taken over, or just that my pokemon has been defeated?
- If it is still ours, how does assigning pokemon work then? If my pokemon is the weakest at the gym, is it the first one out?
- What happens when people train at gyms of your own colour? Does it hurt the gym?
- How can I tell which gym was lost? Apart from writing it down

Ixion

I've been playing the past couple of days, pretty fun when I'm out on a bus or at work where there are a lot of stops but when I'm at home and there's like 1 stop for a few miles there's not much I can do. Ah well, there are two pokestops outside where I work that I can access while sat at my desk, just kept farming those all day and catching Spearows/Pidgeys/Ratatas non-stop. Also managed to catch a Jynx which is about the only not totally common Pokemon I've got so far.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Anyone else playing this in a rural area (with poor coverage)? It's kind of killing my soul.
I feel your pain
Looks like I'll only be playing at work!

By the way, what is that white spinning pokeball at the top left? Does it just mean loading?

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Just got back from a walk, and caught my first Pokemon since Charmander.

Got a Spearow, and then a Rattata, who appeared on my lap outside of a crematorium.

Then I went into Sainsburys and saw another Spearow in the toilet.

Had to leave him though because someone came in. But then he reappeared chilling in the books, so I caught him there.

rcoobc

I feel your pain

Looks like I'll only be playing at work!

By the way, what is that white spinning pokeball at the top left? Does it just mean loading?
I know the feels.

At my girlfriends parents house, they cant even get pokemon spawning... which is really strange.

By the way, it seems to help to leave the app open for a long time before leave if you cant get pokemon out

Ixion

Fecks sake I just walked about a mile to this gym that I think must be controlled by a couple of kids with really shitty level pokemon that I wanted to stomp all over and when I finally got there the servers were down. Spent 10 minutes hanging outside this Church looking a bit creepy till I gave up.

Dante

Average bang
My highest level now is a 265cp Jynx, I might go put it in the gym since I've got no candies for it and it's the only one I've seen all day. Will be a while before I can upgrade it much more.
Since it's you, I feel like I should make a point about calories not needing to come a specific source before going to a gym.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I know the feels.

At my girlfriends parents house, they cant even get pokemon spawning... which is really strange.

By the way, it seems to help to leave the app open for a long time before leave if you cant get pokemon out

I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to be looking at here?

paulscholes18

Yeah I agree.
  • Zubats. Argh.
  • I don't think Poliwag needed three evolution's
  • No one remembers Tangela.
  • Jynx was a racist
  • Lapras was actually pretty rubbish, despite it being such a big pokemon in the anime.
  • Do we need Omanyte and Cloyster? (scratch that)
  • Nidoran and Nidorina are the same pokemon anyway
Edit: apparently Omanyte came from the fossil. Kabuto was much cooler.

Good ones from Gen II

Togepei
Marill
Unknown
Steelix
Houndour
Kingdra
Lugia
Ho-oh (in the first episode!)

Not that the others are bad, but I think these could have been in gen I
:lol: What?