Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Went on a 25 minute walk trying to get to this damn Pokestop.

In that 25 minute walk all I found was one Pidgey and the app froze after I caught it in the ball. Had to close the app and reopen it but fortunately it had saved so didn't lose the Pidgey. Came across one person standing awkwardly on his phone (no doubt on the same mission as me).

Turns out despite there being a whole park to mark as the Pokestop, whoever set the 'landmark' decided to do it in the one bit that is in a privately closed off bit for the youth club.

It had been raining heavily last night and I forgot this so in a fruitless attempt I tried to get to the outside railing of the bit that is closed off. Ended up getting drenched and still couldn't get within bounds.

And after all that I've just sat down for 15 minutes and without doing a thing found another Pidgey. I think @Dante has the right idea.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's so obvious who's playing this game at the moment when you're out and about :lol: I wonder how long before the bubble bursts? Probably when the media starts reporting the inevitable 'accidents' coming with it.

Got my best catch so far on the way to work this morning a CP 220 Hypno which I've already powered up to 443. Think I'll use him to attempt a gym takeover later on.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I have already seen an article saying criminals are setting up things to either rob you when you get there or to rob your house when you go out.

Ixion

I think playing this on the bus is the best way. 10 minute bus ride this morning and caught a Venonat and Machop along the way as well as 4 Pokestops.

Also got a couple of evolutions I could do at the moment but going to save it till I have a couple more then use one of those lucky eggs and do 4 at once to get the most XP. Finally realised as well that the nice and excellent throws are based on getting the pokeball to land inside the shrinking green/yellow target.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Get up 1 hour earlier than usual and stop off on places on the way to work. That's the way to go methinks.

rcoobc

I think playing this on the bus is the best way. 10 minute bus ride this morning and caught a Venonat and Machop along the way as well as 4 Pokestops.

Also got a couple of evolutions I could do at the moment but going to save it till I have a couple more then use one of those lucky eggs and do 4 at once to get the most XP. Finally realised as well that the nice and excellent throws are based on getting the pokeball to land inside the shrinking green/yellow target.
Thats my plan too.

Unfortunately I'm losing gyms so it doesn't seem too likely.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are those in Europe going to need to start again when it's released?
Nah because all your stuff is linked to your account rather than your app. So when it comes out just download it on your app/play store (is it play store for android?) and then log in with your account!

NinjaFletch

Top 5 now.. 346 Pidgeot, 265 Jynx, 219 Gengar, 180 Raticate and 160 Eevee. Need to go to a gym and see what I can do.
My top 5 is better than that and I got humped.

I beat the first Pokemon easily enough, but I don't think you get anything for that do you?

rcoobc

My top 5 is better than that and I got humped.

I beat the first Pokemon easily enough, but I don't think you get anything for that do you?
It definitely knocks out that persons pokemon for the next person to try. Apart from that, dont think so.

DM07

Just saw a venosaur. Couldn't catch it I was on a moped in the middle of the road. Made 6 attempts but couldn't throw the pokeball in the correct position. It disappeared after that. :mad:

NinjaFletch

I guess it depends on what you're up against, some gyms only have 2 pokemon in them. I could do the one over the road but my team currently own it.
I guess I'm unlucky. All the gyms here are ridiculous. There's like one I think I can take down because its a pain to get to, but all the ones in town have 3rd choice Pokemon of like CP1000ish its ridiculous.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Daft q at this stage but how do you train the Pokémon you've caught?

rcoobc

Daft q at this stage but how do you train the Pokémon you've caught?
You need stardust and candies. Candies are specific to the pokemon tree (you get "Rattata Candies" that work on Rattata and Rattacate, and "Pidgey Candies" that work on Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Pidgeots, etc), whilst stardust is generic to everything.

You get Stardust from catching pokemon and having claimed gyms (defender bonus), whilst you only currently get candies by catching that type of Pokemon.

When you have the candies and stardust necessary, you click on your pokemon and select "power up".

Your become don't gain levels from defending or attacking gyms at the moment (I dont think)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You need stardust and candies. Candies are specific to the pokemon tree (you get "Rattata Candies" that work on Rattata and Rattacate, and "Pidgey Candies" that work on Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Pidgeots, etc), whilst stardust is generic to everything.

You get Stardust from catching pokemon and having claimed gyms (defender bonus), whilst you only currently get candies by catching that type of Pokemon.

When you have the candies and stardust necessary, you click on your pokemon and select "power up".

Your become don't gain levels from defending or attacking gyms at the moment (I dont think)
Interesting thanks. For evolution it appears one needs a heck of a lot of candies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You get 3 each time you catch one, and one when you trade the duplicate in so at 4 per go you need considerably less than you think on first glance.
Ah that's true, thanks. Although, how does one evolve their first pokemon? The Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtles must be very rare right?

Also when you battle in the gym, do your pokemon not get experience points and grow? I read didn't but wanted to confirm because that didn't sound logical.

LInkash

Just caught a Dragonair on my lunch break, bumped into a nice American couple who were playing too! They put me to shame with their high levels.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People are getting nice pokemons. I keep getting Pidgey and Drowzee/Rattata :lol:

Got a Gastly and Jynx though

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ffs im desperate for this but i have so much iTunes related media on my phone i dont want to switch accounts for it.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
People are getting nice pokemons. I keep getting Pidgey and Drowzee/Rattata :lol:

Got a Gastly and Jynx though
I just hatched a 130cp Squirtle so I can transfer the 13cp one I got at the start. Keep the Pidgeys and Drowzees and Rattatas, because when you come to evolve them just keep transferring your weakest and you'll have a real strong one when you come to evolve it.