Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Razvan

My job is a postman. I walk 3/4 miles a day but often up and down the same 8/9 streets. Should i do quite well if i keep an eye out for pokemons. No idea why im so up for this game. Ive never liked pokemon.
Yes. You can find eggs that only hatch once you walk a certain distance (2/5/10km), so that's not going to be a problem for you.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Can someone explain why this is so popular?

My natural reaction is to shit all over it because, lads, it's Pokemon. And as far as I was aware, Pokemon was a game for teenage Japanese girls.
I was wondering the same thing. I get why school kids might be interested, but my Facebook stream has grown men posting about searching for and finding Pokemon.
Did either of you play these when you were kids? Big part of growing up was playing Pokemon games for me, some great memories and this takes me right back tbh. Bit of a shame that it bothers people so much really.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Coins are fine, use them on lucky eggs when you have lots of pokemon to evolve or lots of new pokemon to catch (incense).

I wouldnt buy balls either. I live in the middle of nowehere and havent run out yet by stopping off at random pokestops on the way to work :D
Thanks for the tips.

Any reason I cant exchange for poke balls? Keeps repeating "something went wrong"?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As funny as it sounds, it can actually serve its purpose for exercise too. Went for my usual run but decided I would use an incense and keep my phone on the whole time. Had 5 minutes left on it by the time I got back home so I kept going to finish the incense when normally I would stop :lol:
Hatched 2 eggs on that run too. Only problem is slowing down to a walk whenever a pokemon popped up and then running when I caught it

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
As funny as it sounds, it can actually serve its purpose for exercise too. Went for my usual run but decided I would use an incense and keep my phone on the whole time. Had 5 minutes left on it by the time I got back home so I kept going to finish the incense when normally I would stop :lol:
Hatched 2 eggs on that run too. Only problem is slowing down to a walk whenever a pokemon popped up and then running when I caught it
(HIIT)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Okay guys, I need your help!

These are the gyms that I lost. I need to raise them both up about 1000 points for me to be able to put a 4th pokemon in them. To do that, I need to beat the lowest pokemon (I think) which are these:

Gym 1

Gym 2
Unfortunately, my roster isnt anywhere near as impressive

Roster

Obviously I'm going to power my best ones up before I try... what should I go with

NinjaFletch

Am I better off transfer a Drowzee CP ~169 and powering up my Hypno CP ~120 or transferring my Hypno and trying to evolve the Drowzee?

DM07

Drove around for 15 minutes in my locality to catch some pokemons. I am truly addicted to this. :nervous:

Anyone knows when the gyms appear and when you get asked to join a team? I am on level 6 but can't see any gyms and can't join any team either.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Did either of you play these when you were kids? Big part of growing up was playing Pokemon games for me, some great memories and this takes me right back tbh. Bit of a shame that it bothers people so much really.
Sadly nope, I was at uni by time they were released so never caught the bug first time round. So is it basically a nostalgia trip, or something more to it? I'll give it a download, my kids are 7 and 5 so will probably want it anyway.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Drove around for 15 minutes in my locality to catch some pokemons. I am truly addicted to this. :nervous:

Anyone knows when the gyms appear and when you get asked to join a team? I am on level 6 but can't see any gyms and can't join any team either.
Gyms always appear but you need to be level 5 to fight and join a team. You will be prompted to join one when you visit your first gym after level 5.

DM07

Gyms always appear but you need to be level 5 to fight and join a team. You will be prompted to join one when you visit your first gym after level 5.
Thanks. I will have to go for a gym search then. Pretty sure that it will be unoccupied. Hardly anyone plays the game in my city which has over a million inhabitants. :lol:

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Thanks. I will have to go for a gym search then. Pretty sure that it will be unoccupied. Hardly anyone plays the game in my city which has over a million inhabitants. :lol:
Every gym here in Mumbai is taken already. I found one empty spot today but was thrown out just 30 mins later :mad:

NinjaFletch

I'd so do this if I could get Pokemon Go to work when the screen's off.

DM07

Every gym here in Mumbai is taken already. I found one empty spot today but was thrown out just 30 mins later :mad:
Guess I am underestimating India then. I haven't seen anyone from my city playing or liking, sharing, or commenting on anything pokemonGo-related on facebook.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd so do this if I could get Pokemon Go to work when the screen's off.
Just set your phone to shut the screen off after 10 minutes or whatever, that way it stays on. Its not bad on data at all and the battery wasnt terrible either

mancan92

Just been on a 10 mile walk with my 4 brothers and sisters. This game is bloody good to get people exercising.

Theres a gym 1 minute from my home that I took over. 10 minutes later its occupied by a level 752 Hypno ffs. Best I have is a 392 golbat

NinjaFletch

Just set your phone to shut the screen off after 10 minutes or whatever, that way it stays on. Its not bad on data at all and the battery wasnt terrible either
It rinses my battery, I think between GO!, Nike Running and Spotify my phone will die before I get out the door I think.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Am I better off transfer a Drowzee CP ~169 and powering up my Hypno CP ~120 or transferring my Hypno and trying to evolve the Drowzee?
I am not 100% sure on this but I think getting rid of the Hypno and ranking the Drowzee is the best way to do it.
As for powering up Pokemon, I am not sure yet, but personally, being low rank, you are always finding stronger pokemon, so pumping loads of stardust into a pokemon and then finding the same one a few hours later but much stronger would be a sickner

Just my opinion though

Parry Gallister

Westboro baptist church getting involved :lol:

I've got it, walked around, got loads of gnats in my face, got a few odd looks, caught a bat, no idea what to do with the fecking creature, game crashed. 4/10, better than Rooney and got me out on a day off, which wouldn't have happened.

Also, go to gmail and change yr privacy settings if yr playing this.

LInkash

Woo hoo! Just captured a gym. It was the first one I've found which wasn't stupidly overpowered. Doubt I'll be able to keep it though, I don't even come here often.

NinjaFletch

Just effectively carried out a drive by on a gym whilst jogging. :lol:

Two kids were loitering outside one of the ones that had pokemon of CP1000+ guarding it earlier today, fired up the app and noticed that it had changed to yellow and had a shitty Bedrill guarding it with the kids walking off. Slowed down my jog, smashed it in seconds and put my own Pokemon in as I jogged off. Reckon they can only have had it five minutes.

It's one of the University's science buildings, so I have no illusion I'm going to keep it past 9AM tomorrow morning, but still, its my first gym.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
How are people catching things sat at home. I've tried a couple of times today and can't find anything here.
Depends on location. I find nothing at my house unless I put down incense...
I had one today which I just binned instead of clicking use apparently!

Ixion

There's basically nothing for me to do when I try and play at home. Put an incense down and got 3 fights in half an hour, a couple of Pidgeys and a Rattata. Other than that there's a couple of stops about a mile away.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I saw two guys today on a highway stopped in the emergency lane and going around with their phones probably playing this. Someone is going to be killed sooner or later.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah I just realised I had incense. Got like 5 pokemon in the half an hour with the first being a pidgeotto which is now my strongest pokemon and has got me to a level 5. After only starting today I'm quite happy with that.

People seem to have got to like 700cp pokemon already which is crazy 178 is as far as I've got today. Can see me being on this for quite a while tomorrow!

LInkash

feck me, someone just took my gym. It's midnight for god's sake!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I have a day off tomorrow. I've noticed that an old, unused railway line by my house is classed as a road, so I think I'll go for a ride up and down it and keep stopping every time I feel my phone go... I'm hooked aren't I? :(