[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Snafu17

So Jardim is on his way to SA apparently. I think that we are very likely going to try bringing in Zidane (superstar manager and out of a job currently, seems in line with our approach so far) and I really doubt we have a back up plan if he rejects us.

Wayne's World

Please be Jardim or Zidane...this club needs a new lease of life because it's dying under the current regime

yardieUnited

Eddie howe or why not look at former Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenshuttl or wait until after the season and try to get Frankfurt coach Adi Hutter.
All three of them want their team to play attacking football and they also know how to build a team.

Reddy Rederson

Needs to be someone that can:

1. Rebuild a team.
2. Have an attacking approach to the game.
3. Have access to a good scouting network.
4. Know how to handle that knob Woodward.
5. Know when to shut the feck up at a press conference.
6. Know when a player needs a rest/to be dropped.
7. Not be afraid to risk losing short term, for long term gains.
8. Not be called arsene wenger.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just want a manager who plays attacking football and we can build from there. Moyes, LVG and Mourinho have bore us all to death, I just want want attacking football back at OT on regular bases.

Stadjer

I wouldnt mind Wenger for a while... he prefers to play attacking fun to watch football and isnt afraid to give young exciting players a chance to develop and become good players.

It is true that he doesnt win but i doubt we are going to win something anytime soon anyway... he could build a solid base and basically be a 1/2 year care take manager?

Not that he is going to do it.. eventhough he basically got fired by Arsenal i dont think he would ever work for another EPL club.

Wayne's World

Eddie howe or why not look at former Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenshuttl or wait until after the season and try to get Frankfurt coach Adi Hutter.
All three of them want their team to play attacking football and they also know how to build a team.
Actually the Dortmund manager would be an interesting choice too

Foxbatt

How about Favre? The fans who watch the Budesliga have better knowledge than me on this? He seems to have got them playing good football with a good young team and good defence and attack.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How about Favre? The fans who watch the Budesliga have better knowledge than me on this? He seems to have got them playing good football with a good young team and good defence and attack.
He's 61 years old and has a good chance of winning the Bundesliga this season. He may not want another job at his age.

Canagel

Yeah there are some really good coaches in the bundesliga. Dortmund coach is doing well and we've seen Klopp and Tuchel move on to bigger clubs already.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I think we should give Wenger a shot until the end of the season and then get Carlo Ancelotti on a long term deal.

Zidane isn’t good enough and doesn’t have the experience for a giant club. Even I could have managed his Madrid side to success.

Allegri would be a bonus with Ancelotti as assistant manager.

Eddie Howe is Moyes all over again. No thank you.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Need to go for young exciting manager. Give someone a chance to prove themselves, sure it could backfire, but in my opinion this has to be the next step.

3 times now we've gone for experienced managers, old hats. 3 times it's turned to shit. Going for Wenger would make this number 4.

It's a risky strategy (thinking of Henry at Monaco) but may actually pay off. Now who I would recommend? Not sure yet, I'm not sold on Poch yet.

Mainoldo

Get the Dortmund coach, put in Butt/Carrick or McKenna until the end of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The best thing that could happen is if there isn't a obvious candidate in the eyes of the decision makers. Then we will see the right appointment being made.

Chris Amesbury

Maybe United are just waiting for Harry to be voted off I'm a Celebrity.
As the series ends next weekend he could be in the dug out for our last group game.
If I was Ed I'd Give it to Scholes and Rio and then tell to deliver on all the talk they've been doing since they retired. They can't do any worse.

lsd

The Oracle
I think we should give Wenger a shot until the end of the season and then get Carlo Ancelotti on a long term deal.

Zidane isn’t good enough and doesn’t have the experience for a giant club. Even I could have managed his Madrid side to success.

Zidane isn't good enough and has no experience of a big club? What ?

Three champions leagues and look how Real are coping without him would suggest otherwise surely .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How many United fans want a attacking coach to bring back the swashbuckling style we were renowned for?

How many United fans couldn't care less about aesthetics as long as we won?

tomaldinho1

So so much wrong with this post it must be wum

IN particular, the thought of Allegri calling Ancelotti with an assistant manager offer made me laugh

el3mel

This can't serious !! :lol::lol:

Post of the year candidate.

SirAF

Ageist
What do people think about the idea of Wenger? He’s always played good football and never been given a proper budget like we have at Utd.
On a six month contract? Why the feck not? :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How many United fans want a attacking coach to bring back the swashbuckling style we were renowned for?

How many United fans couldn't care less about aesthetics as long as we won?
A combination of the two would be ideal.

Liverpool and City are living proof that you can offer up attractive football and still be difficult to beat. They remain undefeated in the league.

I don't see why a club with our resources cannot feasibly do the same.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

You should bring in Allegri, Ancelotti, Howe, Zidane and Wenger and they’d have a vote on every decision. Or maybe they’d rotate.

Week 1: Ancelotti as manager, Wenger assistant
Week 2: Wenger manager, Zidane assistant
Week 3: Zidane manager, Howe assistant
Etc..

Yagami

Good post resistant
You know its bad when people would rather have Wenger. Have you lot never watched Arsenal FanTv FFS!
Those of us who wouldn't mind it aren't for it as a permanent solution, though. For a few months I think he'd be fine. He could coach us to play with attacking patterns, he's a good judge of talent so he might help us identify a young talent and/or bring someone of quality in if he has a transfer window with our budget, and I think our team is better than what he was working with at Arsenal so we'd hopefully play some good stuff overall.

As a short term solution until we sort something out for next year, I think it's a decent option.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A combination of the two would be ideal.

Liverpool and City are living proof that you can offer up attractive football and still be difficult to beat. They remain undefeated in the league.

I don't see why a club with our resources cannot feasibly do the same.
I agree

A club our size should by default have the vision to bring in only candidates that fit the criteria of a huge club by playing on the front foot.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Carlos Queiroz will be stepping down as Iran manager next month. He's the man I believe Woodward will turn to until the end of the season.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Carlos Queiroz will be stepping down as Iran manager next month. He's the man I believe Woodward will turn to until the end of the season.
:lol:

You think Mourinho plays negative football? Queiroz would be hilarious

el3mel

With Jardim out we only have Zidane and Conte now, both suggestionsn that I have several doubts about but I think I will prefer Conte for 2 reasons :

1 - He has a structural and functioning system and his teams are actually decent on the eye unlike what some think. His 3-4-3 will suit many of our players as well.

2 - He will expose Ed Woodward if he tried to veto any signings and won't just shut up about t. We need someone who will either press Woodward to do his job or expose him, so if he's going down he'll take Ed with him.

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Our team actually have the quality to win titles with a couple of signings. They are just playing at 30% with 0 motivation. They need someone to light a fire in them and someone they would look up to. Only Zidane will get that engine going

BigRon1985

Why all the hate for Wenger? I’d take him till the end of the season. It’s fair to say he’d have a point to prove and he’d absolutely love to get one over his Nemesis after all those years of insults.

Although Pochettino ticks all the boxes I think he’d crumble under the pressure of managing one of the biggest jobs in the world - remember his mini meltdown at the start of the season?

You could say the same about Eddie Howe but I think he’s worth the risk - look at the way Bournemouth gave City a run for their money yesterday?

AlwaysRed66

I hope not. It was him who kept yelling in SAF ear to play defensive tactics

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
United need a manager that builds a system and gives an identity to the club while playing attacking football, Conte and Zidane would make no sense.

Either you have an incredible transfer window or you shouldn’t be thinking about short term success.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
With Jardim out we only have Zidane and Conte now, both suggestionsn that I have several doubts about but I think I will prefer Conte for 2 reasons :

1 - He has a structural and functioning system and his teams are actually decent on the eye unlike what some think. His 3-4-3 will suit many of our players as well.

2 - He will expose Ed Woodward if he tried to veto any signings and won't just shut up out. We need someone will either press Woodward to do his job or expose him, so if he's going down he'll take Ed with him.
'Trouble is, Conte's even more unlikable than Mourinho.