[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Suv666

Should we give the job to Mckenna, Carrick or Butt? They know the club inside out too. I personally would be happy if we gave it to Mckenna.

How do I know he can? If Howe was given the job I would expect the club would have someone who knows the club inside out to assist him, I've mentioned Rene Mulensteen in one of my earlier posts. The point is, he would have people already at the club to assist him in getting acclimatised to such a big club and a DoF would be in place to help with transfers etc. If Real Madrid who are the most successful club of all time had no problem in offering the job to Julian Nagelsmann who was only 29 at the time because of his footballing mantra. We shouldn't either with a 40 year old Howe.

And it doesn't matter who we bring in, there's no guarantee of anything, like we're currently seeing with our super dooper experienced manager who has won champions league titles in the past but has us with a negative goal difference and the worst start in 28 years. I want to see us get someone that plays exciting football and Eddie Howe I believe should be given a chance.
I wouldnt be averse to sacking Mou now, giving the job to Mckenna till the end of the season and see how it pans out.
We need a DOF regardless of whoever comes in and I'm not worried about Howe not being to handle the transfer aspect its the constant pressure and media scrutiny that I'm worried about. A DOF wouldn't be a great help in that sphere of the game.
Just because 2 experienced managers didn't work we'll just give the job to anyone. Howe is not ready for the step up, certainly not the magnitude of difficulty that is managing Utd right now. Poch is the perfect man for the job. He showed his skills at Southampton then did it again at Spurs. A big job next seems like the obvious next step. And lets not forget Poch is relatively young too, he dosent belong to the same league as the likes of Mourinho and Van Gaal. I dont know why he's getting labeled as being the same old same old.

matt23

Poch for me. Sure, he hasn't won a single trophy as yet but I'm not convinced what we as a club need right now is intant trophy success. IMO what we need more than anything is a coherent structure to build from. A philosophy of developing young (often English) players around each other while playing reasonably attractive football sounds more appealing to me right now than completely selling our soul and any resemblance of the spirit of Man United, in order to try and catch up our neighbours

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Just update the Poll lol. Zidane's not even on it. Has the orgainiser of the Poll gone on a Sabbatical.
The omission of Eric Cantona from the list is equally as odd. I mean, he is no less likely to be offered the job than Koeman, Hughes or Low (in my opinion)

tomaldinho1

I am really torn about this. I like Jardim, and he is the obvious first choice since Poch is not leaving. I wonder though; if it would not just be detrimental to give him the reins in January already. Not being able to do anything significant in the transfer market and having to turn a boat around during the time of the season where we play the most games. No pre-season, no real time on the traning pitch. It might be best to let Mourinho see this season out and take full responsibility and let a coach as Jardim to have a fair shake to implement his type of football with a full pre-season. See Chelsea and Sarri. It can work.
I think it's perfect for Jardim because our style of football will immediately improve & the players will 'magically' be giving more effort on the pitch. He's then got almost a free ride from Jan-Summer to assess what he needs and start negotiating with agents.

We have this massive poll going but in honesty, I think there are probably many managers who could bring us success given our size and financial clout. Winning these days is about having the best players for your system. Strip back the fanfare about City and you essentially have the deepest and most valuable squad ever assembled winning the league, is what they're doing actually that remarkable? Is it any surprise Liverpool have kicked on this season after a huge financial outlay? Our issue is Mou's transfer activity for us has been downright amateur and he should be sacked because of it, he's spent less than Pep and Klopp but there are too many players who were excellent elsewhere (whether you want them in the squad or not) and have taken a step, or two or three, backwards since they joined us to turn a blind eye to it. Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Mkhi, Fred were all performing at a high level elsewhere and they're rotting here (or in Mkhi's case, cast out)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wouldnt be averse to sacking Mou now, giving the job to Mckenna till the end of the season and see how it pans out.
We need a DOF regardless of whoever comes in and I'm not worried about Howe not being to handle the transfer aspect its the constant pressure and media scrutiny that I'm worried about. A DOF wouldn't be a great help in that sphere of the game.
Just because 2 experienced managers didn't work we'll just give the job to anyone. Howe is not ready for the step up, certainly not the magnitude of difficulty that is managing Utd right now. Poch is the perfect man for the job. He showed his skills at Southampton then did it again at Spurs. A big job next seems like the obvious next step. And lets not forget Poch is relatively young too, he dosent belong to the same league as the likes of Mourinho and Van Gaal. I dont know why he's getting labeled as being the same old same old.
You have no idea if Howe could handle the pressure. Neither do you know if Poch could coming from Spurs.

The reason I want Howe is due to how he sets his teams up to play football. I would be happy with Poch too. But to turn someone down because of the pressure and expectations of the new gig without any evidence to the contrary is very naive thinking.

Howe is a very good young manager that I believe would be a good fit with the traditions of the club due to his coaching style.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What was this long term plan in the last 15 years?
The same as what Fergie had done from 1986. Build teams to play the Ferguson with traditional United ethos.
Count from 2003 and tell us if in that period Fergie did not build his last great side, then take a chance on the likes of Nani, Obertan, Chicharito, Cleverly, Jones, Welbeck and Smalling with varrying degrees of success to help him build the next before he retired, just before a new cycle to rebuild.

Fergie was never plannless at any juncture. United however was suited entirely to his personal force of wiil, geniss, style and vision of doing things. He also had a competent football operations department with the likes of Gill to help him.

United post him had to change and have simply refused to.

A decade ago we sold our best player for a world record sum and bought in Obertan, Owen and Valencia for a fraction of that, whilst the Glazers banked the rest. Not great planning after losing to Barcelona in a UCL final.
Not the point. Fergie had roots of running the club for at least 2 decades. His structures and what syited him to succeed still exist even when we umder invested. our planning wasnt great. But it was neither poor nor none existent as it is now. For its easy to look back now with hind sight and say 'Valencia? pah! pathetic signing''. Tottaly overlooking what he actually contributed to United under Fergie in his first 4 seasons. When United were still ddominant at home with late stage for finishes in the UCL still happening.

Right now we havent come up with a proper post Fergie plan. Nor are we sticking to any other plans. We just lurch from one reaction to another to what other clubs do.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The same as what Fergie had done from 1986. Build teams to play the Ferguson with traditional United ethos.
Count from 2003 and tell us if in that period Fergie did not build his last great side, then take a chance on the likes of Nani, Obertan, Chicharito, Cleverly, Jones, Welbeck and Smalling with varrying degrees of success to help him build the next before he retired, just before a new cycle to rebuild.

Fergie was never plannless at any juncture. United however was suited entirely to his personal force of wiil, geniss, style and vision of doing things. He also had a competent football operations department with the likes of Gill to help him.

United post him had to change and have simply refused to.

Not the point. Fergie had roots of running the club for at least 2 decades. His structures and what syited him to succeed still exist even when we umder invested. our planning wasnt great. But it was neither poor nor none existent as it is now. For its easy to look back now with hind sight and say 'Valencia? pah! pathetic signing''. Tottaly overlooking what he actually contributed to United under Fergie in his first 4 seasons. When United were still ddominant at home with late stage for finishes in the UCL still happening.

Right now we havent come up with a proper post Fergie plan. Nor are we sticking to any other plans. We just lurch from one reaction to another to what other clubs do.
The point I'm making is that SAF had masked alot of our problems in the last 15 years. The reason it's highlighted now is due to the squad he left behind and his wrong choice of successor. It's only become obvious now due to us not winning like we were under SAF and the subsequent meltdowns on here.

What SAF proved was that if you have someone that can coach a 23 man squad to play football then you can mask the problems we had/have at boardroom level.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Seeing Sparky in that list makes me laugh. Working his magic at Southampton at the moment. Seeing Guardiola in that list makes my skin crawl. Has to be Poch for me.

el3mel

The point I'm making is that SAF had masked alot of our problems in the last 15 years. The reason it's highlighted now is due to the squad he left behind and his wrong choice of successor. It's only become obvious now due to us not winning like we were under SAF and the subsequent meltdowns on here.

What SAF proved was that if you have someone that can coach a 23 man squad to play football then you can mask the problems we had/have at boardroom level.
Managers can cover the cracks but Fergie is the only one who can cover the cracks to the point of winning the actual league. Any other manager, the best they'll do is cover the cracks by playing good football and finishing consistently 3rd or 4th. In order to win the league nowadays you need to have a good plan and structure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Managers can cover the cracks but Fergie is the only one who can cover the cracks to the point of winning the actual league. Any other manager, the best they'll do is cover the cracks by playing good football and finishing consistently 3rd or 4th. In order to win the league nowadays you need to have a good plan and structure.
I never said that we don't need a structure and I also don't subscribe to the belief that only a certain someone could do something and there won't be anyone else.

If we had a manager who had us in 3rd or 4th right now we wouldn't even be having this discussion about structure etc.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
So amazing but yet Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah and Juan Mata even all have been let go whilst been proven world elite players.
Class revisionism. The year Chelsea sold Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku did they not conquer England still till player revolt scuppered them?

Then once they got behind a new boss. Even without the sold Salah, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Mata did they not conquer it again till yet ANOTHER player revolt scuppered them?

I cconstantly do not see the reason behind this great urge to paint every single one of Mata, Lukaku, Dr Bruyne and Salah being sold as 'huge loses' to Chelsea. Yet the fact is Salah due to his monster season last year and KDB simply because he is in a Guardiola team have been great. Mata has not been any where near his Chelsea best since he left for United plus Lukaku is right now under cconstant ridicule even worse than the flopping Morata gets from chelsea fans.

Your missing the actual point, there was no planning involved with those purchase except they was good players and the club wanted them.
Sorry.
I'm not missing what isn't ever there! Chelsea deliberately planned a system by which they buy potentially great players as youth to either groom into first team players for sell for mega profit. Whilst they aldo constantly buy good players to keep their first team successful under ANY manager. Its not mere fluking

To attempt to claim its just 'because they get good players' is what is the actual missing of the point.

United don't do any of that either currently and our results reflect it.

Your making a complex maths equation out of 2+2. You don’t buy Yaya Toure thinking about Pep’s arrival, the guy bloody hates him.
No. That is you doing that. Manchester City had a clear 5 year plan to create a first team used to playing attacking, comfortable on the ball, style of play with a winning mentality. Whilst also rebuilding their youth structures on the La Masia/Ajax Cruyff era blue print underneath to prepare the club to be ready to one day be run by Guardiola.

Focusing on Pep's 'hating of Yaya' is classic missing of the point. Toure was a former player if the said Guardiola who was super successful at implementing Guardiola's prefered football when he played for him. So what better signing could there been than signing a guy who could slowly but surely teach those around him the steps to being ready in the future for Guardiola's style? You are acting like Pep arrived and found peak Toure still at City. He arrived with they guy aged 33-34 and read to be replaced with the purpose for him being there prior to Pep's arrival a qualified success.

Pep didn’t say go City Yaya and I’ll catch up with you in 5 years, make sure everyone around the club is prepared for me. It’s mythical bull.
Rather whats mythical bull is this delusion several United fans prefer to have have that makes them insist City just fluked their way to eventually getting Guardiola as their manager.

Shock horror good players like KDB and David Silva can play good football.
Then why can't good players at United do the same and ANY manager like it happens almost yearly at Chelsea for example? If all it takes is signing good ones for loads of cash?

At Bayern Munich Pep signed Thiago in his first season. One player and he got them playing the same style he plays now. Are you telling me Bayern planned for Pep too.
:lol: Seriously? You dare to compare Bayern convincing Pep to accept the challenge of taking a treble winning unit, at the start of its footballing cycle, (a challenge ONLY available to him due to the reble winner who completed that team retiring), to higher heights to how City worked to get Guardiola to finally accept to coach them after 5 years of planning and wooing?

this conversation has just disolved into insanity now. I won't continue it further.

Last edited:

el3mel

I never said that we don't need a structure and I also don't subscribe to the belief that only a certain someone could do something and there won't be anyone else.

If we had a manager who had us in 3rd or 4th right now we wouldn't even be having this discussion about structure etc.
3rd or 4th isn't the ambition of most here though imo. Most weren't even happy with second last season. The ambition is to win the league, since we're about 4 years away from completing the first decade since our last title win and I can understand this point of view.

If you ask me, I'll be content with 2nd to 3rd with good football while making a rebuild for the whole football side and squad the next 2-3 years, that's why I want Jardim in. I don't know how many will agree on this though.

JoaquinJoaquin

You don't think he would consider the United job as a challenge worthy of his ability?
I'm not too sure he would if I'm being brutally honest. He has built a squad at Spurs he feels is a few tweaks away from genuinely challenging for the league and they have the new stadium soon which all helps. On the other hand we are in a downward spiral with Woodward at the helm ( a guy who has dictated to what type of players the managers can sign). I just don't think he will see us as the glamour club we were 2 years ago, which is sad in every way.

Mainoldo

Class revisionism. The year Chelsea sold Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku did they not conquer England still till player revolt scuppered them?

Then once they got behind a new boss. Even without the sold Salah, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Mata did they not conquer it again till yet ANOTHER player revolt scuppered them?

I cconstantly do not see the reason behind this great urge to paint every single one of Mata, Lukaku, Dr Bruyne and Salah being sold as 'huge loses' to Chelsea. Yet the fact is Salah due to his monster season last year and KDB simply because he is in a Guardiola team have been great. Mata has not been any where near his Chelsea best since he left for United plus Lukaku is right now under cconstant ridicule even worse than the flopping Morata gets from chelsea fans.
So they one the title twice but not once have you referred to a good club structure?

Sorry.
I'm not missing what isn't ever there! Chelsea deliberately planned a system by which they buy potentially great players as youth to either groom into first team players for sell for mega profit. Whilst they aldo constantly buy good players to keep their first team successful under ANY manager. Its not mere fluking
Who have they groomed to the first team? There plan is to buy the best youth develop them and sell them on for a profit. Imagine if we did that here. Uproar... financial gain by the owners, it's all business.. The model is a business as it gets, nothing to do with youth development for the first team.

To attempt to claim its just 'because they get good players' is what is the actual missing of the point.

United don't do any of that either currently and our results reflect it.
Mata, Lukaku, Pogba, Memphis, Martial, Shaw, Di Maria, Sweinstiger, Sanchez.. it's boring.. I can go on and on. What's next is the training ground not good enough too?

No. That is you doing that. Manchester City had a clear 5 year plan to create a first team used to playing attacking, comfortable on the ball, style of play with a winning mentality. Whilst also rebuilding their youth structures on the La Masia/Ajax Cruyff era blue print underneath to prepare the club to be ready to one day be run by Guardiola.
Your talking about a youth team development, this can take years to implement, Fergie came in 86 in 95 we seen the class of 92 come through.. that's 9 years of a club rebuild until we seen promise. Who from this youth has Pep used to help him win the league. Non of them, therefore where has this youth structure come into play, is it to help he coach the youth? Is he getting involved with the under 15's?

Focusing on Pep's 'hating of Yaya' is classic missing of the point. Toure was a former player if the said Guardiola who was super successful at implementing Guardiola's prefered football when he played for him. So what better signing could there been than signing a guy who could slowly but surely teach those around him the steps to being ready in the future for Guardiola's style? You are acting like Pep arrived and found peak Toure still at City. He arrived with they guy aged 33-34 and read to be replaced with the purpose for him being there prior to Pep's arrival a qualified success.
Oh stup up Chief.. I can see it now Yaya Toure telling Fernando, Nasri, Sagna and Negredo don't pass the ball to me like that Pep wont like it when he gets here in 2020.. Believe me he's coming. lol

Rather whats mythical bull is this delusion several United fans prefer to have have that makes them insist City just fluked their way to eventually getting Guardiola as their manager.
Who said that? They planned to get him. We also planned to get Pogba back, doesn't mean we promoted Jesse Lingard just to make him feel comfortable on his return.

Then why can't good players at United do the same and ANY manager like it happens almost yearly at Chelsea for example? If all it takes is signing good ones for loads of cash?
So what did PSG do? What did Chelsea do when they first got money, what did Blackburn do? Was they building solid structures for managers?

:lol: Seriously? You dare to compare Bayern convincing Pep to accept the challenge of taking a treble winning unit, at the start of its footballing cycle, (a challenge ONLY available to him due to the reble winner who completed that team retiring), to higher heights to how City worked to get Guardiola to finally accept to coach them after 5 years of planning and wooing?

this conversation has just disolved into insanity now. I won't continue it further.
You said everything but answer my actual point. Maybe that's why you don't want to continue further. These Jose inner's are comical. I actually think it's a new disease.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

Poch is not going to come. What about that guy at Dortmund? Favre? Is he any good?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm not too sure he would if I'm being brutally honest. He has built a squad at Spurs he feels is a few tweaks away from genuinely challenging for the league and they have the new stadium soon which all helps. On the other hand we are in a downward spiral with Woodward at the helm ( a guy who has dictated to what type of players the managers can sign). I just don't think he will see us as the glamour club we were 2 years ago, which is sad in every way.
Short of a DoF being recruited, Poch will have complete control over both incoming and outgoing transfers just like his predecessors had. Woodward seems to have picked up the reputation as that of a meddler because he pulled the plug on the Alderweireld deal, which he was perfectly justified in doing after Levy slapped a £70 million price tag on his players head. You could even argue that Ed has been vindicated given the players distinctly average performances in the league this season and the world cup that preceded it. There isn't a football club on earth who would pay £70 million for Alderweireld so why should United?

Perhaps we aren't as glamourous as we were during the Fergie years, poor managerial appointments and an equally poor transfer strategy saw to that, but everything is in place from the fanbase, the income, the infrastructure and the currently underperforming but highly talented squad of players to put us right back to where we belong, we simply need a progressive, forward-thinking manager who can make use of the ample resources at his disposal and get the most out of our squad, something the last 3 managers have failed all to do. Poch, Zidane, whomever, will hopefully see the current United as a sleeping giant just waiting for the right manager to come along.

Last edited:

Johan07

Short of a DoF being recruited, Poch will have complete control over both incoming and outgoing transfers just like his predecessors had. Woodward seems to have picked up the reputation as that of a meddler because he pulled the plug on the Alderweireld deal, which he was perfectly justified in doing after Levy slapped a £70 million price tag on his players head. You could even argue that Ed has been vindicated given the players distinctly average performances in the league this season and the world cup that preceded it. There isn't a football club on earth who would pay £70 million for Alderweireld so why should United?

Perhaps we aren't as glamourous as we were during the Fergie years, poor managerial appointments and an equally poor transfer strategy saw to that, but everything is in place from the fanbase, the income, the infrastructure and the currently underperforming but highly talented squad of players to put us right back to where we belong, we simply need a progressive, forward-thinking manager who can make use of the ample resources at his disposal and get the most out of our squad, something the last 3 managers have failed all to do. Poch, Zidane, whomever, will hopefully see the current United as a sleeping giant just waiting for the right manager to come along.
It was a completely fair assessment whoever made it.
Btw: Mourinho likes to make it out like he just gives the club transfer targets and has nothing more to do with it.
I would be very surprised if that is even close to the truth. Mourinho is not an idiot and he must be/is aware of that the club has a transfer/wage budget in place and shelling out way too much money for a single player will hamper what can be done towards the rest of the squad and new targets.
As you say he pretty much complete control over the squad of players that we have. If he wanted Aldeweireld so bad I dont think the club or even less Ed would have refused him.
Most likely it was reached a consensus that the money would be spent better elsewhere. Like with Perisic. One is living in cloud-cuckoo land if one does not think that Mourinho is heavily involved in the discussions: player acquisitions/wage budget control. These two issues are way too integrated for it not to be so.
Basically, i think its fair to say that Mourinho has pretty much carte blanche to do what he pleases as long as he stays within the largest wage budget in the PL. Much more control than Pochettino has at Spurs for example.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It was a completely fair assessment whoever made it.
Btw: Mourinho likes to make it out like he just gives the club transfer targets and has nothing more to do with it.
I would be very surprised if that is even close to the truth. Mourinho is not an idiot and he must be/is aware of that the club has a transfer/wage budget in place and shelling out way too much money for a single player will hamper what can be done towards the rest of the squad and new targets.
As you say he pretty much complete control over the squad of players that we have. If he wanted Aldeweireld so bad I dont think the club or even less Ed would have refused him.
Most likely it was reached a consensus that the money would be spent better elsewhere. Like with Perisic. One is living in cloud-cuckoo land if one does not think that Mourinho is heavily involved in the discussions: player acquisitions/wage budget control. These two issues are way too integrated for it not to be so.
Basically, i think its fair to say that Mourinho has pretty much carte blanche to do what he pleases as long as he stays within the largest wage budget in the PL. Much more control than Pochettino has at Spurs for example.
There is also the possibility that Tottenham weren't willing to sell Alderweireld to us and that he wasn't really pushing for a move. We tend to assume that all targets will jump on the opportunity that's probably not true.

Johan07

There is also the possibility that Tottenham weren't willing to sell Alderweireld to us and that he wasn't really pushing for a move. We tend to assume that all targets will jump on the opportunity that's probably not true.
Yep, that might have played a very, very big part as well. It will be interesting to see if we sign Aldeweireld next summer after all these speculations. Guess it will be similar to City having to wait a year for Mahrez if so.
Strangely enough, no media or fans went batshit at City for not "backing" Pep the first summer btw.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Who's in charge of this poll? Perhaps update it a tiny bit... Cheers.

el3mel

I don't understand some of the suggestions. We target out of contract managers remmeber ? Better to focuse discussions on out of contract managers. One of them will be ours in a year.

Le Duc Anh

I hope ED WOODWARD will read this, but I 100% vote for Jardim. The best manager for us. Here is the 5 reason:

- Jardim did perfect in transfer window, he made tons of money for Monaco. Example: Carrasco, James Rodriguez, Fabinho,....

- Jardim loves to play young and talented players and bring them to the top. Example: Martial, Mbape, Benjamin Mendy, Kondogbia,...

- Jardim plays 4-4-2 with attacking beautiful football style just like what Sir Alex did and I think it is the most successful formation for the club.

- Jardim is the young coach 44 years old (turned pro since 25 years old) but already had lots of experiences in many clubs in Europe and playing in Champions League

- Jardim has the ability to adapt quickly to personnel change because Monaco sold many key players but he still kept the club in the top. This will help him to take Manutd into our best form as quickly as possible.

Jig1234

I am really torn about this. I like Jardim, and he is the obvious first choice since Poch is not leaving. I wonder though; if it would not just be detrimental to give him the reins in January already. Not being able to do anything significant in the transfer market and having to turn a boat around during the time of the season where we play the most games. No pre-season, no real time on the training pitch. It might be best to let Mourinho see this season out and take full responsibility and let a coach as Jardim to have a fair shake to implement his type of football with a full pre-season. See Chelsea and Sarri. It can work.
I don't disagree with that in theory. It is always better to get a new manager at the end of the season/ with pre-season etc. But I would not want to risk losing out on Jardim for that reason. If the best candidate is available you take them without hesitation. If he took over midseason it would be a right off. It would basically be able him finding out about his players.

A lot depends on Mourinho, CL and top 4. While we are still in the CL and top 4 is mathematically still possible, I see him as safe. I just think it's sad that Jardim won't even be considered. I think the club will stick with Jose and only think about sacking him if someone like Poch is available. But waiting till the end of the season could see us finish outside Europe entirely.

el3mel

FFS.
LOL that won't make any sense. Why will he rush to take such an underwhelming job and kill himself that early midseason instead of waiting for better offers ? He's not even old ffs, only 44 ! Hopefully BS.

Jig1234

ha! - I don't know what to say anymore. This guy is so deluded and out of touch. He starts with Matic and Fellaini vs Crystal Palace at home and is surprised that we lack aggression and intensity. I need a stiff drink!

jimmyb2000

If Moyes was our Wilf Mcguinness and LVG was our Frank O'Farrell then Jose is our Tommy Docherty.

We're due the new millennium Dave Sexton next.

Champagne Football

Poch is the only outstanding candidate really. What he is achieving at Spurs on a shoestring is equal to what Pep is achieving at City with his bottomless pit of cash. Poch might not be gettable but if he might be available in 2020 then give the job to Genesio for a season or two if he can bring N'Dombele, Fekir and Memphis with him.

More interesting candidates will emerge. At the start of 2017 season no one knew who Sarri was until Napoli played City and Pep came out after the game saying Napoli was possibly the best team he ever faced.

Last edited: