POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedred

The tide is changing in the thread, a near 15% change in the past two days.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why would you expect that from a liverpool fan!
I'm not, but interesting who would he suggest. Especially since Mourinho is taking the stick for what Klopp did in his last year at Dortmund when he finished the year in relegation zone..

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Had voted no on this days ago. Reality of the situation dawns, though, so I've switched to yes.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I feel like large swathes of the people who voted no fall into the category of disliking Mourinho for being a self-serving eye-gouging cnut and thus don't "want" him as the next manager but accept that he's the most logical candidate nonetheless.

Or maybe that's just me.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hearing rumours about us maybe making a move for him...... don't know what to think.....

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I feel like large swathes of the people who voted no fall into the category of disliking Mourinho for being a self-serving eye-gouging cnut and thus don't "want" him as the next manager but accept that he's the most logical candidate nonetheless.

Or maybe that's just me.
Yeah that's why I'd voted that way, his downfall with Chelsea this year and particularly the Carneiro stuff put me right off him. But we'd be stupid not to go for the best available, and if Pep and Ancelotti are taken then he's it.

Acquire Me

José is a great manager. I dont think Pep or Ancelotti is better than him. They are on the same page imo.

NJM78

For all his faults I can't see past the major honors he has won since 2002. The added bonus of being a premier league winner on three occasion as well as winning the domestic cups. You know he really wants that record of three CL with three different clubs too. So I think he ticks all the boxes plus our club is not a shady operation like Madrid Chelsea or even Inter with politics etc.

Seveneric

Abramovich attends most youth games at Chelsea and has been wanting Mourinho to play them more.
Does he really? Because the way he treats managers at Chelsea, also indicates someone without a lot of patience- something you need to reap the rewards of a youth setup.

redshaw

I wanted Jose here when Fergie retired. I thought he's one of a few who's got big enough balls to take on the job. He was also very complementary towards us, he knows the Premier League, he knows Manchester United. Despite his antics I was full of respect for guy and he seemed destined to be our manager.

This season Jose has gone too far. I don't like how he's handled the Eva situation. goading Wenger in a worse way than before, saying the refs and FA, pundits are against him. If Sir Bobby didn't like him before, I'm not sure what his thoughts are now.

I did hear we were in talks with Jose after Fergie retired but something happened and it broke down in a bad way, not sure if we as a club upset him but he chose Chelsea, both Jose and Fergie have said he chose Chelsea.

I do think Jose can change if he comes here. Since his return to Chelsea he's looked in limbo land despite winning the league last year. I don't think his heart was fully in it. He thought it might be like the old days but I think it was a mistake by him to go back and this has fully materialized this season.

If Pep is not interested I'd be willing to take a gamble on Jose. I'm sure he could get some able bodied players in the Jan window.

kps88

How well do we think he would handle our younger players? Seemed to chuck out a lot at Chelsea (Sturridge, De Bruyne, Schurrle).
And Lukaku. Every manager will have his flaws though. You're never going to find someone who wins trophies, plays great football, builds great teams and also brings through young players. We haven't had a top player come out of our academy for ages anyway. I'd happily accept mishandling a few youth prospects in exchange for trophies.

NJM78

How well do we think he would handle our younger players? Seemed to chuck out a lot at Chelsea (Sturridge, De Bruyne, Schurrle).
These players had chances though and didn't take them as far as I remember. I think if the player is good enough he will stay in the team but if you have an embarrassment of riches due to the owner wanting you to by the best players all the time then some will miss out. Happens at every club and we were the exception at one point because of the gulf of top youth that came through at once but we have not produced a truly top class player for a long time although hope for the likes of Januzaj and Pereira.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
It's interesting for me that if the reports are true that Mourinho is angling for the United job while his mentor, the man who gave him his start in football, is hanging onto the same said job by a thread. That being said, I'd like Mourinho to become our next manager irrespective that he's a bit of a cnut. Doubt Pep and Ancelotti are available, and Giggs shouldn't be handed one of the biggest jobs in football. Mourinho didn't become a shitty manager overnight. A fresh start with something to prove, leads me to believe we'll see the best out of Mourinho and the rest of the league should be fearful. He's our best available option to get us into the Top 4 this season.

Loon

:lol:
I wanted Mourinho when Fergie left. Now, I'm kind of nervous about him being anywhere near us.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
And Lukaku. Every manager will have his flaws though. You're never going to find someone who wins trophies, plays great football, builds great teams and also brings through young players. We haven't had a top player come out of our academy for ages anyway. I'd happily accept mishandling a few youth prospects in exchange for trophies.
fecking hell I miss Fergie :(

This is probably my biggest concern should Mourinho get the job. With the likes of Memphis, Martial, Shaw, Pereira, Januzaj, Wilson etc. we have a potentially great group of young players who could become top-class but are not yet the finished article. I hope we don't see them end up on the scrap heap for the sake of short-term glory.

Bestie07

Guardiola has been fed with a silver spoon so far in his career which won't be the case at United. We don't have a single player who'd be considered a top 20/top 30 in the world apart from DDG and this is a situation that he has never faced. We won't magically turn into Barca/Bayern if we hire Guardiola, it is very likely that his reign may be LvG mk II, as he sees that his ideas which worked so well with a superior squad don't work so well with United's. One thing that Guardiola will bring with him is the pulling power, and we will have more of a chance to attract the likes of Bale or Neymar under Pep than under Jose. Whichever way we go, Pep or Jose, is going to define the future of the club. We have already had two failed appointments after SAF, can't afford another one.

FujiVice

I'd take Jose. I'm like a man who hasnt had a shag in a while. If I cant get Heidi Klum, Fiz off Corrie will do. Anything other than this.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
man the poll has done a massive swing, was less than 25% in favour of Mourinho at one point. In the last 24 hours its been on this surge towards having him

Libano

With the same logic of us wanting to appoint Mourinho and calling it a good idea Chelsea should be out chasing Van Gaal as soon as he gets dropped by us.

Madness.

Libano

man the poll has done a massive swing, was less than 25% in favour of Mourinho at one point. In the last 24 hours its been on this surge towards having him
just don't mistake popular opinion with swarm intelligence. main motivators for appointing mourinho are fear of the unknown, fear of missing out and damage limitation.

Sam

With the same logic of us wanting to appoint Mourinho and calling it a good idea Chelsea should be out chasing Van Gaal as soon as he gets dropped by us.

Madness.
Not really.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Dull football and pantomime management. How is that desirable?

Someone

Something
It's gonna be mourinho right?

It's like massive black hole sucking a star, seems inevitable and tragic.

That twat is going to manage united.

SERENITY NOW