Who would you rather have in the squad?

• Welbeck

Votes: 136 65.1%
  • Falcao

Votes: 73 34.9%

• Total voters

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
So we are more than halfway through the season and for me this was one of the more controversial decisions of the summer.

So the question is simple - at this point who would you rather have in the squad at this point?

This thread is not for discussing why Welbeck left etc. Although personally I think he would have stayed had he got the gametime as a striker that Falcao has got.

Andy_Cole

Probably both would have similar impact. I'd choose the homegrown talent. Unless Falcao can step it up massively, which I'm not sure of anymore.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Same amount of goals, at this point i would take Welbeck's work rate tbh and i really don't like Welbeck.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Falcao

He hasn't delivered for us so far, but he could still have that potential world class level in him. I don't think Welbeck does.

JonDahl

Was thinking about making this exact thread.

We are crying out for pace, how can anyone choose Falcao? He's offering us nothing that we didn't already have.

Jev

Was always against this swap because it seemed short-sighted. As it turned out, Welbeck was the better option both long-term and short-term.

Falcao doing nothing again today.

Revan

Assumptionman
Right now, neither of them.

If I had to choose one, would choose Falcao though. If he can play near as good as he played a couple of years ago, then he would be great. With each day passing though, chances for that decrease.

Drainy

The best teams have a good mix of stars and water carriers to support and bring the best out of them.

Of course in a one on one comparison Falcao is the better striker, but Welbeck would have been more effective in this team

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Strange thread to make whilst there is a game on!
Maximum emotional knee jerky reaction. Everyone knows it's best not to make these threads when we've won or Falcao has scored.

Raptori

Special needs
If it had been Falcao of 2 years ago, then of course no contest. The Falcao we've seen so far this season, definitely prefer Welbeck. In the summer I expected Welbeck to displace one of Rooney and RVP, was sad to see him go because he was key to a lot of our good football in the summer.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
At what point during the season? its February already
Towards the end. I'm not saying he will, and in fact it's probably quite unlikely he will at all, but I'd have more faith in him doing so than Welbeck.

justboy68

Falcao. Even if he doesn't ultimately work out it's the right direction. Persisting with mediocrity like Welbeck is what left us with such a rebuilding task on our hands.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It is a no brainer for me. Welbeck obviously would have improved us much more because of his natural attribute that compliment our other attackers. His positioning, movement, pace, balance and chemistry, amongst other things like work ethic and strength he would have added to our team was probably overlooked by Van gaal because he did not score enough goal. Falcao is just an improved version of Hernandez and as a striker, it is sometimes good to have much more than that.

Added to the latter, Falcao does not appear to be the player he once was and looks to be going through a "Torres Chelsea phase." I might also be unfair to Falcao though because our system might be affecting his performance. But, then again if Van gaal persist with this system, Welbeck should have been the much better choice.

Roboc7

Falcao is a waste of space a lot of the time, welbeck isn't a great player but at least he adds something to the team overall and his pace would be a big asset.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Neither. Falcao has done very little and Welbeck isn't good enough to displace Giroud as Arsenal's main striker. One being bad doesn't mean the other is good enough either.

Boycott

We don't miss Welbeck for his ability with the ball. We miss his athleticism. I think he will develop into a good striker but if we replaced him with a quick striker with quality on the ball all would be fine. Falcao is off the pace and adds to our ponderous style.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Falcao is useless so its pretty easy looking back. Welbeck isn't good enough to be starting though which is what he wanted. Though if we are persist with 3 strikers then he'd walk in of course, its just stupidity to use that formation.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Neither. Falcao has done very little and Welbeck isn't good enough to displace Giroud as Arsenal's main striker. One being bad doesn't mean the other is good enough either.
If our strikers was in the form Giroud in, it will be hard for some players to displace him. Nevertheless, I can not say who Welbeck has displaced at Arsenal because most of their players has been injuried, but when he is fit, he has started most of their games. Just recently, he displaced Walcott against Tottenham. It is not a concept that is black and white of displacing striker for striker. When Arsenal players are fully fit, it will be interesting to see if Welbeck does still start. I do not believe Wenger will drop Giroud unless he is in bad form, but other than him, I would not be surprised if he drops Walcott, Ozil or Santi for Welbeck when all their players are fit.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Where's "neither" option?
Ridiculous that it isn't an option. Thread created for drama, I think.
Because it is a simple question. If I put neither then I need to put half a dozen other strikers as well to satisfy everyone. Stop whinging about the fact that a thread titled "Falcao vs Welbeck" is in fact about Falcao, and Welbeck.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Welbeck, seriously? Guy can't finish at all at least Falcao has proven he can do it in the past.

NM

As much as I was looking forward to Falcao, the answer is Welbeck. Would give us the link up play we are missing and be an option on the wing.

Robbie Boy

Because it is a simple question. If I put neither then I need to put half a dozen other strikers as well to satisfy everyone. Stop whinging about the fact that a thread titled "Falcao vs Welbeck" is in fact about Falcao, and Welbeck.
No, neither should clearly be an option. I didn't vote as I would have neither, surely that's logical. As woeful as Falcao has been, I don't believe Welbeck would have fared any better. This is just a tedious Falcao v Welbeck thread, basically.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No, neither should clearly be an option. I didn't vote as I would have neither, surely that's logical. As woeful as Falcao has been, I don't believe Welbeck would have fared any better. This is just a tedious Falcao v Welbeck thread, basically.
The title should have made it pretty obvious what the thread was going to be about, no?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We played our best football in pre season when Danny was the leading striker. I know it was pre season, but I remember the matches we played with Danny as our leading striker, then he got injured and we looked terrible in the last few pre season games.

I'm disappointed in Falcao (although I think tactics and service have been appalling).