[Poll] Fellaini - What do we Think of him Now? | Poll reset - vote again until May 17th

What Status Should Fellaini have in the Squad for the Future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I am sure everyone will agree that Fellaini has done well in the last six weeks or so since coming (back) into the team. There still seems to be a split in opinion on him however, so I am curious to get a gauge from the 'Caf of what role people think he has to play for us going forwards.

POLL RESET 22/03/2015 - after the Liverpool game.

Results from original poll, closed 29/11/2014
Poll closed Nov 29, 2014.
  1. Key - Should be in the First XI whenever possible.
    10 vote(s)
    2.2%

2. Good - Should play most games, adds a lot to the team.
    136 vote(s)
    29.4%

3. Decent - Rotation/backup option, or if we want to use a specific "Plan B"
    298 vote(s)
    64.4%

4. Anderson - Absolute last resort.
    5 vote(s)
    1.1%

5. Sell Him - No place for him at the club going forwards.
    14 vote(s)
    3.0%

Results from 2nd Poll (After Anfield), closed 29/03/2015.
Poll closed Mar 29, 2015.

1. Key - Should be in the First XI whenever possible.
    42 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. *
    Good - Should play most games, adds a lot to the team.
    231 vote(s)
    56.6%

3. Decent - Rotation/backup option, or if we want to use a specific "Plan B"
    130 vote(s)
    31.9%

4. Anderson - Absolute last resort.
    2 vote(s)
    0.5%

5. Sell Him - No place for him at the club going forwards.
    3 vote(s)
    0.7%

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was effective and has been for the past few games and can use for matches that require his height against specific taller opponents or a more physical midfield.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Won't be a starter but a very useful player to have and will still play plenty of games. Shouldn't be dropped based on his current form but I'd still like to put in Herrera in there.

Devil may care

I'd sell him at the first chance and get in Strootman and Schniederlin who are both better than him and fill the physical requirements.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
He deserves his place in the squad after this season so far and can be a option in the right moments. I still don't think he should be a starter.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He should be a regular in the midfield three.

Oo0AahCantona

The Crux of the matter is his price tag. if we got him for 12-14m nobody would really be batting any eye lids of having him in the squad and i think his performances would have got a bit more praise. I think we just need to get over the price and accept the fact he's going to be here, and when he's playing well why not use him!

Blue always red

A 3 man midfield with Carrick - Herrera - Fellaini would be one of the most balanced in the league. Two dedicated players and Fellaini aiding both.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The "decent" description is spot on. He should be used when A) someone is injured or out of form, B) we have a specific tactical plan that he's suited to or C) we need impact off the bench in a crisis situation.

Otherwise (with everyone fit) all of Blind, Carrick and Herrera should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Still, he's done well to make himself a viable option.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Firmly in the decent category based on the past month or so where he's improved. Still could potentially fall into either of the bottom two categories again though.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great addition to the squad but we need better.

Last season he looked barely professional at times. But he has improved and is looking more like the unplayable weapon we saw at Everton. There's clearly a big role for him in the squad if he keeps it up.

Raw

Voted good, but also agree with using him as a plan B for those tough games.

He's in very good form. I'd love it if we can find a way to have Fellaini, Herrera and Blind all in midfield.

MDFC Manager

I'm delighted how he's kicked on this season. Does his job really well. He was extremely important today, especially on goal kicks.

Jerch

Between decent and good. Voted for decent but still he was good in last games.

JackXX

I voted good. He's been decent for us lately and you can't take that away from him. What a way since the idiots were booing him pre season. Honestly didn't think he would make it here but he's become a useful player when used the right way.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I see him as competing for the same spot as Herrera in LVG's head. They are very different players so I think they will be used depending on who's best suited for the opposition.

dsch

He should be starting a decent number of games now, but still a future squad player for me.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Voted A. I think he should be playing in every game if possible. I don't think we have players that can contribute to the balance of the midfield/team better than him.

Robbie Boy

Voted good, but also agree with using him as a plan B for those tough games.

He's in very good form. I'd love it if we can find a way to have Fellaini, Herrera and Blind all in midfield.
Pretty much my feelings and I voted the same. To come back from all that adversity from last season is commendable. He cost a-lot of money but surely the criticism and the way things worked out with Moyes must have got to him. Wasn't he even booed by our own fans in pre-season?

Kazi

Yep, between good and decent. He's perfect for certain games though, like today's.

Revan

Assumptionman
Voted 'decent'. Still hate to see using the tactic of hoofing the ball to him, which actually has been all what we have done on the last 4 games.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He has been very good this season. But I still want him gone - he has no positioning sense whatsoever and is very slow, both physically and mentally. When decent players play good, they make the team look better. Fellaini can do nothing wrong and the team would still look horrible - well, he is who he is, but I have higher standards for United players.

With our current squad it's still makes sense to keep him as an option though.

pacifictheme

Did not vote. I see him between good and decent. Goocent? Really pleased with his progress. Undroppable at present in my opinion.

Raw

Pretty much my feelings and I voted the same. To come back from all that adversity from last season is commendable. He cost a-lot of money but surely the criticism and the way things worked out with Moyes must have got to him. Wasn't he even booed by our own fans in pre-season?
Yeah, that was just pathetic. Good thing he answered the critics by scoring a last minute winner :lol:

Robbie Boy

Voted 'decent'. Still hate to see using the tactic of hoofing the ball to him, which actually has been all what we have done on the last 4 games.
I don't think the hoofing was as bad today. But yeah, especially against City it was ridiculous.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well, I think it was a bit unfair to judge Fellaini last season with all what happened. However, judging on this season so far, I voted for good. Since he's come in against West Brom, he hasn't looked back, and I honestly hope it continues.

I said it before, he's not the most elegant of players, but he's a nuisance, and we've lacked a nuisance in midfield for a good while now.

Ryan7

I still see him as a squad player. I'm not sure van Gaal will see him as a starter in the long run.

blitz133w

Atleast we'll still be able to get some money back from his sale. He's taken his chance very well and probably deserves to stay here. But the standards we all expect is quite high. He provides something different than other midfielders. I never liked him and would sell him in a flash. Don't think his form would be consistent till the end of the season. Right now, he's proving people wrong.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's an alright player but I don't like his thuggish side. Should be carded every game. While we have him we should use him but if an offer comes we should listen.

Ibi Dreams

I'm amused that only 4% so far have him as less than a decent squad player or plan B option. I think rather a few people must have changed their tune rather a lot

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't think the hoofing was as bad today. But yeah, especially against City it was ridiculous.
I thought that for 60 minutes hoofing the ball to him was the only thing (bar that run from Di Maria) that we did in order to attack. Against City was far worse, but at-least there we were playing with only 10 men, so it was hard to play conventional attacking football. Today it looked ugly and weird IMO. Someone might have been forgiven for thinking that Arsenal was playing Stoke guided by Pulis.

Traub

I think the best thing about him coming into the first team is the fact that despite LvG clearly not rating him at the start of his tenure, LvG is showing that he is willing to admit when he is wrong and give a player a chance.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm amused that only 4% so far have him as less than a decent squad player or plan B option. I think rather a few people must have changed their tune rather a lot
It's not strange at all IMO. I was on 'sell him' ship, but he has done good on these 4 games. I still think that Herrera is much much better and should start instead of him, but Fellaini is looking decent now, not a liability like last year.