[Poll] Most Improved Player Under LVG

Which player has improved the most under LVG?

• Fellaini

Votes: 207 35.5%
  • Valencia

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Young

Votes: 319 54.7%
  • Rooney

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Van Persie

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Mata

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anderson

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 1.5%

• Total voters

Ji_Maria

Over the course of this season we've noticed quite a few changes in the performance of our players. Players we had long since given up on have shown glimmers of their glory days, and plenty of slices of humble pie have been dished out.

As evidence of the changes, yesterday, our starting 11 were all players that played under Moyes, and yet rather than losing 0-3, we managed to win 3-0 against Liverpool.

Please vote.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm going for Young, he was utter garbage last season and the season before, now he's somehow become one of the best wing backs in the league (if not the best). Absolutely baffling how he's managed that.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I'd say Fellaini.

Young is playing well but we have seen Young have good performances and good moments of quality before. We never saw anything that resembled a footballer last year from Fellaini, this season he is rightly earning a spot in the side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Close 1 between Fellaini and Young for me, but I have chosen Fellaini.

Gone from a laughing stock to a genuine ball winner, and decent threat in the box.

Zoo

I chose Fellaini.

I think most would agree that Valencia and Young could still be useful for us, it was just a case of restoring a bit of confidence.

Crustanoid

Went for Fellaini - he is a completely different player. Young has also done extremely well though

Cina

I'd probably go for Fellaini myself as I think he actually has a future at the club as a player if he continues to show the improvement he has. As revitalized and refreshing as Young and Valencia have been, they're still basically playing out of position because they're now redundant in their natural positions here and we don't have any adequate backup in those positions, so I just don't see a future for either, because we'll surely buy actual full backs at some point.

red_7

I'd say Fellaini too, even if he sometimes falls back to his old like first half yesterday

Welbeckham

I'm going for Valencia, I think he deserves more credit; he has been very reliable this year
Definitely deserves credit, but he wasn't as hopeless as Fellaini or Young in the past couple of seasons, him and Welbeck were along the players whose good performances were instantly forgotten. But he has improved, Rafael shouldn't walk to the team when (if) he comes back.

bishblaize

Toss up between tony v and young I reckon. When they were in the line up yesterday I didn't groan, or even think twice. Last season they were the very much the epitome of our terrible season. Now they're the epitome of our improvement. Good on em.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Id go for Young, then Valencia, then Fellaini.
Whist Fellaini has put in some decent performances, he has also had some shockers too. Young and Valencia have been pretty consistent when in the team

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anderson did cut his hair... Fellaini hasn't been able to do that, and Young isn't even capable of growing hair.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fellaini, Young and Valencia. In that order. So I voted for Fellaini, especially as he was useless last season. He's still been a bit wild, but he has a lot of purpose on the pitch and has been an important part of the team. A great ball winner and gives us a bit of nastiness than we've not had for a while.

I've been impressed with Young and Valencia as full backs though. Neither have been outstanding, but very solid and dependable. Both work hard, attack sensibly and can be relied on defensively. Young puts in a great cross, and physically Valencia is rarely beaten. He is excellent at defending one-on-ones.

Even as a Rafael fanboy, I don't think Rafael will waltz back into the side, and I don't think I want him to. He'll have to work hard to get his place back. Or perhaps Van Gaal even sees Valencia as first choice now. I do think Shaw will play when he's fit though.

Cina

De Gea should be in with a shout.
Whut? He was voted our best player last season. For him it's a case of a young footballer naturally improving their game, as you'd expect. He's irrelevant here.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Fellaini for me, the others have showed spells of great form in the past.
Young has improved but I don't think he'll get in the side with a fit Shaw or over AdM/Januzaj if we revert back to wingers whereas Fellaini is keeping out a fit Herrera currently.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For me no one really improved, Van gaal is just exploiting 100% of our players abilities, it will need a little bit more time before he improves some our players.

Getsme

Whut? He was voted our best player last season. For him it's a case of a young footballer naturally improving their game, as you'd expect. He's irrelevant here.
Personally I think he just hasn’t improved but he’s went to another level this season, I’d happily argue with anybody that he will become the best goalkeeper in the World over the next year or so, last year that would have been laughed at by many, however even his biggest critics are starting to realise just how big a talent he is.
I didn’t think he could get much better than last season but his performances this season has been extraordinary, while I agree that Young and Fellaini’s improvement has been more noticeable, the improvement of De Gea shouldn’t be ignored or brushed off simply as a young player improving.

LVG brought in Frans Hoek even though many, including myself wanted Chris Woods to stay in the job. Time has proved that I was wrong and he has been a fantastic addition to our backroom staff.

Cina

Personally I think he just hasn’t improved but he’s went to another level this season, I’d happily argue with anybody that he will become the best goalkeeper in the World over the next year or so, last year that would have been laughed at by many, however even his biggest critics are starting to realise just how big a talent he is.
I didn’t think he could get much better than last season but his performances this season has been extraordinary, while I agree that Young and Fellaini’s improvement has been more noticeable, the improvement of De Gea shouldn’t be ignored or brushed off simply as a young player improving.

LVG brought in Frans Hoek even though many, including myself wanted Chris Woods to stay in the job. Time has proved that I was wrong and he has been a fantastic addition to our backroom staff.
The entire point of this thread is about players who at the start of the season were likely to be gone or not play, and had prior to that been largely poor for us and didn't look good enough anymore, not "already great players who are naturally getting even better."

Getsme

The entire point of this thread is about players who at the start of the season were likely to be gone or not play, and had prior to that been largely poor for us and didn't look good enough anymore, not "already great players who are naturally getting even better."
Except it’s not, unless you think RVP, Mata and Rooney were going to be sold or not played at the start of the season.

Cina

Except it’s not, unless you think RVP, Mata and Rooney were going to be sold or not played at the start of the season.
RvP and Mata definitely underperformed last year. Obviously not going to be sold, but I don't see how you can possibly include DDG here, really. He was our best player last year and putting in some unbelievable performances then too. Clearly the likes of Fellaini have defied far more expectations.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fellaini. I don't mind seeing him in the starting lineup now. Still don't think he's good enough to be a consistent United starter in the long run but he'll do for now.

stu_1992

Young I think. Fellaini has looked better as well, but I think his passing is still a bit sloppy in dangerous areas. Whereas Young is essentially learning annew position and not looked out of place. His end product seems to have have increased too.

POF

I went for Rooney. I would have had anyone but him as captain at the start of the season but now I think it was a really good decision. It may be premature but he's changing my opinion and is playing far less selfishly and is even showing signs of intelligent game management. He used the ball very intelligently vs Liverpool.

There will probably be more West Ham and Leicester brain explosions to come but as a leader he's improving in leaps and bounds.

Getsme

RvP and Mata definitely underperformed last year. Obviously not going to be sold, but I don't see how you can possibly include DDG here, really. He was our best player last year and putting in some unbelievable performances then too. Clearly the likes of Fellaini have defied far more expectations.
I agree that it’s more noticeable, but that’s mainly due to how shite they were playing and if truth be told they probably couldn’t have got any worse, even with their improvement it is unlikely that they will be considered in a full strength starting 11. It’s a lot easier to improve when you’re at the bottom after all there’s only one way to go. On the other hand while De Gea was our best player last season for me he just hasn’t improved but (as I’ve said already), he’s went to another level, and by the end of the season he may well be considered the best keeper in World Football.
I’m not arguing that Fellaini, Young and Valencia haven’t improved, of course they have, but they are playing to the level expected of them, not above it, the same can be said for Carrick.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Has to be Fellaini. I always thought that Young was a better footballer than he got credit for on here. Fellaini last season looked like a sunday league player at times.

Trizy

Fellaini. He was boarder line shite and now he looks solid.

Flying_Heckfish

Really impressed with Young. His work ethic is commendable - he could just sit on those wages and demand to play as a winger/support forward but has really taken to his new role.

Fellaini has looked much better but still his passing is not up to the standard required. I'm not convinced he's reached his Everton form yet either which is the basis upon which he was bought. More to come from him yet.