[Poll] Most Improved Player Under LVG

Which player has improved the most under LVG?

• Fellaini

Votes: 207 35.5%
  • Valencia

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Young

Votes: 319 54.7%
  • Rooney

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Van Persie

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Mata

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anderson

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 1.5%

• Total voters

Blue always red

Young for me. Defensively he is better than a lot of LB's in the league, which is mental because that isn't his natrual position.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Valencia for me. He didn't beat one person the whole of last season. Yesterday he beat 2 to make the opening goal. Fellaini is better than he was but still looks clumsy and gives the ball away too much.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Valencia has been quite good this season, but we already knew he can be a makeshift Full Back. What we didn’t know is that Young can be too, and not only that, but it seems he’s taking on players again. Huge improvement.

Fellaini has been very useful but his passing is very limited and he tends to lose the ball quite often. I don’t think he will be here for long if the Strootman rumors are true anyway. Nonetheless, he’s been quite good and will be very important this season I reckon.

reelworld

Young for me. Changed from being absolute shit winger to a very dependable wing back. I'm still not sold on Fellaini. He has improved yes, but his first touch could be atrocious some times

Fellaini the obvious choice. He was a useless lump under a Moyes that didn't know what to do with him. He's never going to be a Scholes but LVG has found what he's good at.

Rooney second for me, he's growing nicely into the Captain's role and the last few games he's really starting to drive the whole team.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Its between Fellaini and Young for sure, I went with Fellaini simply as he has played more of the bigger games and now looks to be first choice for us, whereas despite Young doing well, I would expect Shaw to return to the starting XI when he is back.

Honestly - and without turning this into a Fellaini thread - he was badly misused by Moyes last year. He had no preseason with us and played the first half of the season with a wrist injury - it was terrible from Moyes, I suspect if Fellaini had got off to a better start with us then he wouldnt be so unpopular with the fans now. LVG hasnt done anything miraculous with Fellaini I think other than show some faith and give him a chance.

Young on the other hand has actually transitioned to a new position that nobody expected him to play, and has largely done well.... I think I need to change my vote.

Edit: Changed to Young.

Will Singh

I've voted for Young because last season he was awful as a winger let alone a wingback, but this seadon his got his head down and show that he can still play well! Valencia has done well to and so has Fellaini.

Minimalist

Has to be the big man. Some others have improved but not to the same extent.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Close call between Fellaini and Young for me. Went with Fellaini, he's been doing a good job for us after a terrible season under Moyes. There's more room for improvement of course especially when it comes to his passing.
:lol: Anderson.

Kag

Young, comfortably. He was disgraceful last season. I'll never forget his game against City. I'm sure there was one statistic flying around stating that he lost the ball almost every time he had possession of it. It felt that way, for sure.

Fellaini will probably top the poll, but he was nowhere near as bad as people made out last season. He put in some solid performances, at times. His worst games were when we needed him to play well at a higher level, hence running the ball out of play against Bayern ultimately summed up his season.

Glanville95

Young, comfortably. He was disgraceful last season. I'll never forget his game against City. I'm sure there was one statistic flying around stating that he lost the ball almost every time he had possession of it. It felt that way, for sure.

Fellaini will probably top the poll, but he was nowhere near as bad as people made out last season. He put in some solid performances, at times. His worst games were when we needed him to play well at a higher level, hence running the ball out of play against Bayern ultimately summed up his season.
I'd agree with that.

You have to take circumstance into the equation also. Fellaini was the sole summer signing and despite previous experience under Moyes was utilised really poorly and incorrectly by him. He was imposing against lower league opposition, but faltered against the best in the league and frankly looked out of his depth. It's fair to assume he would improve under LVG's tutelage, as well as fully settling in.

In contrast, Young had just been abysmal, save for the first few months of his United career. I don't think anyone could have foretold him being revitalised and performing like he has. Especially when he's playing at left back. I still remain apprehensive about his future here and how he's done doesn't really change my stance on us buying a competent, versatile fullback, but he has done well. Certainly deserves a lot of credit.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Any one of Young, Valencia and Fellaini.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Between Young and Fellaini for me. Both were odds on to be sold in the summer and were garbage last season (Young was crap the season before that too) but both have turned around their United careers which I'm very pleased to see. It's really impressive seeing how much they've improved under van Gaal.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Young for me, who would be thought last season that Young would actually become a decent squad player and at LB of all positions.

krazyrobus

Fellaini, it's gotta be him, no one could have started from a lower base than him.While I don't think he is a long term option for us he's certainly turned it around from pub player to decent professional.

Now if LVG could only work on Anderson and turn him into the Edgar Davids his potential suggested he could be.

ravi2

Im going for Young.
Fellaini has performed but he shouldn't be a starter for us, his play is very limited.

I genuinely thought Young was crap and never should wear the MUFC jersey again but he is doing fantastic as a LB and can play LB,RB,RM and LM.I would consider Young now a super-sub.

mu4c_20le

Toss up between Young and Fellaini. Young is doing surprisingly well as a wingback while Fellaini has been playing his natural position(s) so Young edges it for me.

Ji_Maria

Except it’s not, unless you think RVP, Mata and Rooney were going to be sold or not played at the start of the season.
Just to clarify, I included RVP because he was pretty dire last year and some thought that he was "past it". Mata, some figured he was a pure "luxury" player that had no place in our midfield and that we should get rid. And Rooney, well, he has always been hit or miss at times and some said he was on the decline last year (and too petulant), but recently he has shown that he deserves being captain of our team and showing glimmers of his previous world class form.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I don't think any of them are playing better than they previously have shown to be capable.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Young. He's made him into a new player that has really improved on the past couple of seasons. As for Fellaini, he hasn't exactly improved him, just restored confidence in him to get him playing somewhat like he was at Everton. The same thing with the rest of the players, he's restored their confidence but the only player he's really IMPROVED is Young for sure

yellowandgreens

Young for me too. So much so that once Shaw and Rafael are back I think he would seriously compete with both for a place.

I think at right back he could kick on again and would be a real attacking threat. A back four of:

Young --- Carrick --- Rojo -- Shaw

With Blind in front seems to fit Van Gaal's 'philosophy' quite nicely. Decent balance, all good on the ball, all positive players who could play out of the back and full backs who will attack!

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Young.

I rated him at Villa, and thought he was a good buy.

His confidence crashed through the floor however, and under Moyes he was a joke.

He isn't anywhere near what he was, but it's good to see him contributing to the team again.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Young for me too. So much so that once Shaw and Rafael are back I think he would seriously compete with both for a place.

I think at right back he could kick on again and would be a real attacking threat. A back four of:

Young --- Carrick --- Rojo -- Shaw

With Blind in front seems to fit Van Gaal's 'philosophy' quite nicely. Decent balance, all good on the ball, all positive players who could play out of the back and full backs who will attack!
Wouldn't want Carrick in a back two and I'd prefer to have Young in left back, seeing as I think he'd be redundant in his forward play if he doesn't get to do that cut back of his :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fellaini. Such of his improvement, that I think we'd be fecked if he's not available for tough or big games.

Getsme

I don't think so, he scored alot given how much he played and scored hattrick in his last CL game to get us to quarter finals.
Wasn't his minutes per goal ratio better last season than the season previous to that, or at the very least it was close?

thelemon

I don't think so, he scored alot given how much he played and scored hattrick in his last CL game to get us to quarter finals.
I wasn't really sure how to word it, but he's definitely playing a lot better this year than he was last year. I don't think he was particularly poor last year.

|Neo|x

I voted for Anderson, just because..

Realistically it's a toss up between Fellaini, Young and Valencia for me. Last season I would dread seeing them in the starting line up and wanted them no where near the starting line up. All three seem like solid squad players not and can come in and out of the line up at ease. Young probably just edges it for me, considering he's playing in a new position and still looks solid.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fellaini has indeed had a great purple patch but littered amongst it have been some awful displays still so my vote goes to Ashley Young who has consistently been the most improved player for me from the candidates.

Jev

Has to be Fellaini. Not because he's spectacularly great in any way, just because he was so unbelievably useless last season that being mediocre is a huge improvement, even if he has been closer to last season in the past few games, or at least the past few first halfs.

ghagua

Voted Fellaini, as he seems to be looking like a decent player now. Still think we can do much better than him though, but he has his uses.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I said Young, I'd have said Fellaini just edged him in performances last season, probably only because of the way he protected Adnan but there ya go.

Decotron

Has to be Young. Fellaini has improved to a level we'd seen before but not by much. Young has improved from a write off to a very useful squad player. He seems a lot different mentally. Something has clicked since LVG took over