[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrinklydong

I don't see any other manager who could have turn around our fortunes in such a spectacular fashion. You can't fluke 8 wins in a row while playing exciting football. Ed better not feck this up, my pitch fork is ready.

decorativeed

The guy in charge clearly knows exactly what it means to play for Manchester United. He knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal and he has reinvigorated the squad. We're all enjoying football again, played in the right spirit, for the first time since 2013.

I've changed my vote from Poch to Ole.

Revan

Assumptionman
Changed the vote from Jardim to Ole. Still think that we need to wait until March before we make a permanent appointment, but Ole has to be front runner now.

Revan

Assumptionman
Id be delighted if Ole got a full time contract this weekend and ended all the uncertainty.

Was never super convinced Pochettino is the one anyway. Dont get me wrong, hes done a great job at Spurs but he doss have a pretty mediocre record in the truly big, clutch games. Who knows how good he'd be without Kane to lead the line for example? Sometimes it all comes together for managers at clubs, could be the case for him with Spurs, just suit each other really well. Not to mention how managing United is a different beast to Spurs.

The only 2 managers in world football who i would class as the truly top tier who anyone would love to have are Klopp and Pep. Both shown they can build sides to be successful playing brilliant football, both on multiple occasions. Everyone else has bigger question marks.
Allegri should be higher than Klopp though. He has done it it Milan, and is winning the league for the sixth time in a row or so without even shifting from the second gear, while still managing to reach UCL finals. After Pep, he is the best manager in the world (Zidane might be the best full stop, but he probably needs to prove that Madrid wasn't an one off), though his style is far from exciting. From experienced options, he would have been my choice.

Ed9

I've also changed my vote from Poch to Sir Olex.
He breaths United.

Stepney73

The guy in charge clearly knows exactly what it means to play for Manchester United. He knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal and he has reinvigorated the squad. We're all enjoying football again, played in the right spirit, for the first time since 2013.

I've changed my vote from Poch to Ole.
Just done the same.

marko goalo

Not sure if it's already been said but even if the board don't appoint Ole it would be great to keep him in some capacity perhaps assistant to Poch if they do indeed go down that route

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Not sure if it's already been said but even if the board don't appoint Ole it would be great to keep him in some capacity perhaps assistant to Poch if they do indeed go down that route
Ole will definitely get another job at a decent club if he's not made manager at United. He will not accept being Poch's number Two.

Member 55725

Can this poll be reset? I know Ole wasn't an option on it for a while at the beginning. The results shown are skewed due to this. It's a minor thing, but I don't think the poll is a fair representation of what people want.

Halftrack

He wont stay here as anything other than manager. He loves United, but not so much that he'd set aside his own ambitions to just be one of the coaching staff. If we continue like this, he'll have plenty of job offers from decent clubs.

If we were to pry Poch away from Spurs, I could see Ole being a candidate to replace him.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Allegri should be higher than Klopp though. He has done it it Milan, and is winning the league for the sixth time in a row or so without even shifting from the second gear, while still managing to reach UCL finals. After Pep, he is the best manager in the world (Zidane might be the best full stop, but he probably needs to prove that Madrid wasn't an one off), though his style is far from exciting. From experienced options, he would have been my choice.
Nah. So many question marks with Allegri. Didn't Milan fans hate him and there was so much skepticism when he took over Juve? Style of football is far from great which rules him instantly from the United job, but he wins so many titles because the Serie A is a monopoly like Ligue 1 with PSG and the Bundesliga with Bayern. There will always be the occasional off year, but it's a massive failure to do anything other than win the title in those leagues to the point where winning is barely an accomplishment.

My point was that Klopp and Pep are successful while having a great style of football. Klopp has the question marks over his failed finals, but he's done so much with 2 sides while spending pretty little in comparison to the rest. You ask the vast majority of football fans, Pep is the #1, Klopp is the #2 in terms of desired managers. It's a guarantee with them that they'll build competitive, top sides who play exciting football. Nobody else has that guarantee.

TrueRed79

I changed my vote from Poch to Ole. I'm fully on board after what i have seen the last 8 games. Who can make a valid argument for paying Spurs a fortune and getting rid of a club legend? I think what we have seen so far will roll on till the end of the season.

Pscholes18

First big test was Spurs....want to see how he has the team ready for the Pool/PSG matches.....but he's starting to make a believer out of me.

Melville Red

Can this poll be reset? I know Ole wasn't an option on it for a while at the beginning. The results shown are skewed due to this. It's a minor thing, but I don't think the poll is a fair representation of what people want.
Reset the poll? Questioning what the people want?

This isn’t fecking BRXIT you know:smirk:.

Ole, Mick and Michael for me, get them signed up now.
It’s not just the football, it’s the way Ole conducts himself with the press, the way he has the players looking smart in their Utd suits again, it’s just a little bit of discipline and getting the players to recognise that they are representing the biggest club in the country and one of the biggest in the world.
They respect him and it shows by the way they are playing.
And with regards to that post with the three questions, YES on all counts, can’t wait till Tuesday.

Aloysius's Back 3

The importance of going for Ole is that if it fails - we fail for one season. If he succeeds - we succeed for a good long time.

BlueHaze

Hang on. If Ole wins every game for five months he's still third choice? :lol:
If he gets us into top 4 I would probably give him the job because that would be a remarkable turnaround. However there are still many games left and we are bound to go through a rough patch. It's impossible to say Ole should be given the job right now. He's only managed us for 8 games.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Got a lot of time for Andy Cole, he's far more insightful than he's given credit for.

You'll just have to put up with Ray Parlour and that spam.

Bojan11

Still feel there is no rush to appoint Ole. Not like he’s going anywhere.

The PSG and Liverpool games at home next month will be interesting. I wanna see our approach heading into those games as they will be at home.

There’s still a lot to play for this season. We don’t need to rush into anything like some people want then they will moan after our first defeat that why did we give Ole a contract.

Melville Red

If he gets us into top 4 I would probably give him the job because that would be a remarkable turnaround. However there are still many games left and we are bound to go through a rough patch. It's impossible to say Ole should be given the job right now. He's only managed us for 8 games.
We have had a bloody big long rough patch. Think positive like Ole is.

It’s those bloody scouse gits that are in need of a rough patch!

Paul778

Sigh. As opposed to Moyes, LVG and Jose (and most other managers) who have managed Utd a big fat zero games before being given a multi-year contract?

We are in the most wonderful position of being able to 'try before you buy'.

Ive been a Utd fan for 42 years. I can remember a long time where we didn't win very much. However the misery of the last three years will not be forgotten easily.

I don't want another new manager with no link to the club who will bring their own entourage in and remove all the key people with Utd in their veins.

Please. This is our chance to break the cycle with Ole

BlueHaze

Sigh. As opposed to Moyes, LVG and Jose (and most other managers) who have managed Utd a big fat zero games before being given a multi-year contract?

We are in the most wonderful position of being able to 'try before you buy'.

Ive been a Utd fan for 42 years. I can remember a long time where we didn't win very much. However the misery of the last three years will not be forgotten easily.

I don't want another new manager with no link to the club who will bring their own entourage in and remove all the key people with Utd in their veins.

Please. This is our chance to break the cycle with Ole
Okay so let me ask you this then. If things start going really bad under Ole will you still have the same opinion? Wait till the end of May before jumping to the conclusion that he should be hired on a permanent basis. I'll take it game by game and so far it is looking fantastic but things can change quickly in this sport. If we hit a bad run of form it's going to be really funny to see how all these guys who are now saying Ole should be given the permanent role start changing their opinion. He was brought in as an interim and nothing else however I am sure that if he keeps this up there is no doubt he will be in contention for the job and most likely even hired. It is however incredibly daft to already take such a decision. Just be patient and let's see how things look come May.

Tony247

Okay so let me ask you this then. If things start going really bad under Ole will you still have the same opinion? Wait till the end of May before jumping to the conclusion that he should be hired on a permanent basis. I'll take it game by game and so far it is looking fantastic but things can change quickly in this sport. If we hit a bad run of form it's going to be really funny to see how all these guys who are now saying Ole should be given the permanent role start changing their opinion. He was brought in as an interim and nothing else however I am sure that if he keeps this up there is no doubt he will be in contention for the job and most likely even hired. It is however incredibly daft to already take such a decision. Just be patient and let's see how things look come May.
yeh, but this is the poll of manager names and there is no option of 'wait until May' isn't it? So, if your vote is based on 'if then else when' hypothesis then choosing anyone other than Ole is equal or bigger 'if then else when' hypothetical risk. What guarantee you give that any manager option you choose now in this poll above will turn out to be a great choice and great success? nada. So live in the moment and enjoy life.

So, as far as 'what IF Ole start losing.. he big fecked up' etc. type of hypothesis is concerned.... we will obviously examine our current vote when it comes to that. As of NOW, at this moment, for me, it doesn't make any sense choosing anyone other than Ole.

Giving him the job now or wait until May is a different debate altogether.

Last edited:

Will Singh

I voted Poch origanally and just now I have changed it to Ole, I was going to wait till we get a bad result and see how he reacts but with Phelan with him the pair have to get the job now after outplaying Arsenal in the cup. But I do believe Phelan is crucial and is just as important as Ole. Give him a 5 year contract now so he can settle down and start looking into the summer transfer window, poor bloke has to keep in contact with Molde and keep 1 eye on them also so he deserves that peace of mind. I'd now be disappointed if they went with anyone else now!

manunited1919

I'll wait until the end of the season to decide.
If you wait till the end of the season to decide you just don’t like to take a decision. I am sure the MUFC board will make their decision sooner than that, as they need to give the incoming manager time for planning pre-season and next season.

mav_9me

I have to say I was 50/50 as I’d love Poch here but ole is showing he’s got a tactical brain too.

And something special about seeing him, Phelan & Carrick together in charge of our club- I think they’re doing enough to get a chance next year too
One of my biggest reasons to give Ole the job, seeing them together like that just feels right, like it's united people leading united.

TsuWave

I voted Poch origanally and just now I have changed it to Ole, I was going to wait till we get a bad result and see how he reacts but with Phelan with him the pair have to get the job now after outplaying Arsenal in the cup. But I do believe Phelan is crucial and is just as important as Ole. Give him a 5 year contract now so he can settle down and start looking into the summer transfer window, poor bloke has to keep in contact with Molde and keep 1 eye on them also so he deserves that peace of mind. I'd now be disappointed if they went with anyone else now!
I'm Pochettino camp, but giving any manager a 5 year contract, at this point, and after what we have been through, just seems so misguided. Anything more than 3 years to whoever manager is just not a good idea.

Chairman Woodie

If you wait till the end of the season to decide you just don’t like to take a decision. I am sure the MUFC board will make their decision sooner than that, as they need to give the incoming manager time for planning pre-season and next season.
Or I'm not willing to get carried away based on a string consecutive wins.

Ibi Dreams

Now it feels like it would be a huge shame if Ole didn't get a chance at the job full time. He more than deserves it so far. There will always be other outside options, this feels like the time to try something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.