[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

Or I'm not willing to get carried away based on a string consecutive wins.
I voted for Ole and I did it not because I got carried away. We all are talking about taking calculated risk irrespective of whatever manager you choose. And I took calculated risk by choosing Ole because I think it is riskier to choose anybody else at this moment.

For me about Ole
1. attacking philosophy - checked
2. overall performance improvement - checked
3. tactical flexibility - checked
4. people management - I am willing to gamble

value added plus
1. knows the club inside out.
2. his deputies too know the club inside out
3. creates positive atmosphere

Why I think Poch is now riskier AFTER we discovered Ole:
1. No matter how Spurs are performing, they are still way too smaller club than Man Utd. Expectation here is to win every match, win all trophies possible. But that is not the case with Spurs. So Poch is carrying much less burden of pressure at Spurs. I was willing to gamble on this until I saw Ole. Now I don't want to.
2. Spurs always played free flow, attacking football even before Poch took over in 2014. They were hanging there near top 4 or in top 4. Lets take a look
2010: 4th. 70 pt
2011: 5th. 62 pt
2012: 4th. 69 pt
2013: 5th. 72 pt
2014: 6th. 69 pt
---- now Poch took over
2015: 5th. 64 pt
2016: 3rd. 70 pt
2017: 2nd. 86 pt
2018: 3rd. 77 pt

So his first two seasons were same as before. Kane was in form of his life in 2017. But lets give some credit to Poch too.
What I am trying to say is there is a philosophy within Spurs which is protected by their board and chairman. Poch or no Poch, they will play the same football. If not Poch they will find somebody else who will do that for them. There is a reason why they produce good strikers after strikers. They get players like that, they train like that. Poch or no Poch.

So, If we have found our own Poch, no sorry, our own ROlex then why look elsewhere? We'll see what to do if and when things go awry.

DBT85

"I wont decide till the end of the season"

Ole goes on a 27 game winning streak, 2 games left of the season are CL and FA finals, we've banged 65 goals in 27 games and have 14 clean sheets.

"not deciding till after those"

Rafaeldagold

I voted Poch origanally and just now I have changed it to Ole, I was going to wait till we get a bad result and see how he reacts but with Phelan with him the pair have to get the job now after outplaying Arsenal in the cup. But I do believe Phelan is crucial and is just as important as Ole. Give him a 5 year contract now so he can settle down and start looking into the summer transfer window, poor bloke has to keep in contact with Molde and keep 1 eye on them also so he deserves that peace of mind. I'd now be disappointed if they went with anyone else now!
I also think that if we offer it it should be to have Ole, Phelan & Carrick- interesting whether Ole would want that or would prefer to bring his own guys in- I wouldn’t want him to feel forced to keep them so I think that question has to be asked sooner rather than later

wrinklydong

Ole goes on a 27 game winning streak, 2 games left of the season are CL and FA finals, we've banged 65 goals in 27 games and have 14 clean sheets.

Some of the fans are suffering from post manager break up syndrome. Hope Ed Woodward is not one of them.

Chairman Woodie

In the words of Captain Mainwaring, "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there, Jones."

Anustart89

"Still haven't seen how the team bounces back from a defeat, do not want"

DBT85

In the words of Captain Mainwaring, "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there, Jones."
Haha I know.

I'm just saying, for me it makes sense to judge it when the time is right. I'm not going to put a date on the time being right. You'll know when you know just like any decent relationship.

I've voted Ole, but really only crazy people will have actually given him the job at this early stage.

Come through the 2 legs against PSG, Liverpool, City and Arsenal at home and we'll see exactly where we stand and that only takes us to the 16th of March.

IF, and its an IF, we were to win all 5 games, how do you not give it to him at that stage? If we get properly reamed on live TV in all 5, it'll be the end of it entirely.

Reality is that we'll probably not win all 5, maybe we win 2 or 3 and get draws or defeats in the others. But it all tells us something. I'l not lose sleep if Liverpool beat us 2-1 in a great game where we were unlucky and they had 2 dodgy penalties. Losing 2-1 where we've set up camp to defend and have had 1 shot on goal is very different.

So yeah, saying "I'll only decide at the end of the season" seems daft to me. The last 2 games are Huddersfield away and Cardiff at home. Like they might hold the key to seeing what Ole is really all about after all the othes games that come before.

Al-T

Personally, I'm firmly in Solskjaer's camp now.

Watching United is exciting and enjoyable again. We've gone from a side that looked in need of major surgery to one that needs a few tweaks. He's created a positive mentality in next to no time and demonstrated his tactical nous by winning at Spurs and Arsenal. Perhaps we will lose a few before the end of the season but so what? This season was fecked by Mourinho's sulks. I can see Ole developing something good.

I've no doubt he's also started to identify what he would like if he stays and who needs moving on. That's a major plus ahead of next season.

He's United to the core. He understands this football club and I think giving him a two year deal now and allowing him to develop the team in his image, followed by a full pre season with no international competition is less of a risk than waiting until summer and trying to bed in a new manager.

Melville Red

Why would DoF make a difference with this appointment? We have a team of United people in charge and they'll put their heart and soul into the job. They also seem pretty competent at the job.

I'm suspicious of the footballing fraternity bringing coach load of staff and giving their pals jobs giving little regard for the clubs.
I think Utd need a DoF purely to make the signings and to sell our deadwood after been given the go ahead from he manager.
Woodward is hopeless at the footballing side of things, we all know his history and so am not going to repeat it. We just need some one who can talk to the agents and other clubs and get the right deal done quickly and on good terms for our club, something Woodward lacks.
A DoF would help regardless of who the next manager is. Hopefully it’s Ole with Mick and Michael.

klsv

Voted for "other" before but wasn't sure who that was. Apparently it was Ole the whole time.

Tiber

Bitter ****.

Though to be fair Ince left United when I was still a very young kid, I have very little fondness for him

BlueHaze

yeh, but this is the poll of manager names and there is no option of 'wait until May' isn't it? So, if your vote is based on 'if then else when' hypothesis then choosing anyone other than Ole is equal or bigger 'if then else when' hypothetical risk. What guarantee you give that any manager option you choose now in this poll above will turn out to be a great choice and great success? nada. So live in the moment and enjoy life.

So, as far as 'what IF Ole start losing.. he big fecked up' etc. type of hypothesis is concerned.... we will obviously examine our current vote when it comes to that. As of NOW, at this moment, for me, it doesn't make any sense choosing anyone other than Ole.

Giving him the job now or wait until May is a different debate altogether.
That is exactly what I am doing which is why I am as I said taking it game by game. Hopefully by the end of May we will look as good as we do now and Ole will be given the job.

IrishRedDevil

Not really something I would want a United manager saying.

The FA Cup is an important trophy and we must set out to try and win any competition we are in.

marko goalo

Ole will definitely get another job at a decent club if he's not made manager at United. He will not accept being Poch's number Two.
And why not? He was happy to be a reserve striker whilst playing for us. If he were that ambitious he would have put in a transfer request back then. More likely Poch wouldn't want him as an assistant. But given his infectious nature and way of dealing with the players I think any incoming manager would be mad not to embrace what Ole brings to Utd

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not really something I would want a United manager saying.

The FA Cup is an important trophy and we must set out to try and win any competition we are in.
Hmm, this is worrying. And I honestly can’t see them winning the league now anyway, so he’ll probably end up with nothing as usual.

Walters_19_MuFc

Today is the reason Poch hasnt won anything. Why is he resting players? The league has gone for Spurs. He should be going all out for the FA Cup.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Today is the reason Poch hasnt won anything. Why is he resting players? The league has gone for Spurs. He should be going all out for the FA Cup.
He's resting them for top 4..... I know Spurs supporters disagree with me here, but I would be going all out for a cup to be honest. This getting top four stuff is really distracting sometimes.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's resting them for top 4..... I know Spurs supporters disagree with me here, but I would be going all out for a cup to be honest. This getting top four stuff is really distracting sometimes.
If that twitter status is correct and Poch said something along the lines of the FA Cup not being a 'real' cup, then my response to him would be, then niether is top four.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This constant drooling over Poch who has done feck all whilst OGS has to perform a minor miracle just to even be in contention is ridiculous.

I don't understand why so many people believe Poch is just going to slot in perfectly at United, hit the ground running and bring about instant success?

Jazz

If that twitter status is correct and Poch said something along the lines of the FA Cup not being a 'real' cup, then my response to him would be, then niether is top four.
If that quote is correct it should immediately disqualify him from the United job. Even if Ole doesn't get it, I still don't want Poch. Mind, he might prove me wrong, but I'm really not impressed with his mentality so far.

Walters_19_MuFc

If that quote is correct it should immediately disqualify him from the United job. Even if Ole doesn't get it, I still don't want Poch. Mind, he might prove me wrong, but I'm really not impressed with his mentality so far.
Well, he was my first choice but his approach in cup games is worrying and if he has that mentality then as you said, it should disqualify him from the United job. Hes in no position to take cup games lightly.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Based on what I see I think OGS has a really good chance to secure the job. The games against PSG, Liverpool and City will decide if he has what it takes. Not only results is important but how we look against better teams.

My bet is that we keep him if the players perform well against the top teams.

Jazz

Well, he was my first choice but his approach in cup games is worrying and if he has that mentality then as you said, it should disqualify him from the United job. Hes in no position to take cup games lightly.
Not only his approach to the cups, also the fact he gets defensive when he comes under a bit of scrutiny in the press whenever they get an unexpected bad result. What's going to happen if he's at United with all the expectations and scrutiny? We have to be very careful about that as well when deciding the next manager. Nobody will cut him any slack if he starts making excuses at United imho.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You are my Solskjaer,
My Ole Solskjaer,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
And Pochettino
Stinks like Mourinho
So please don't take,
My Solskjaer away...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Based on what I see I think OGS has a really good chance to secure the job. The games against PSG, Liverpool and City will decide if he has what it takes. Not only results is important but how we look against better teams.

My bet is that we keep him if the players perform well against the top teams.
Can I ask why? Could you also tell me which managers would win against PSG, Liverpool and City for sure?? Do you believe that Poch (who is currently losing to Palace) would if he was at United?

klsv

Can I ask why? Could you also tell me which managers would win against PSG, Liverpool and City for sure?? Do you believe that Poch (who is currently losing to Palace) would if he was at United?
You don't understand. Ole who has only managed our reserves, Molde and Cardiff, need to win PSG, Liverpool and City, pull out a miracle out of his ass to claim us a top 4 spot and win the FA Cup to be considered as an option. Meanwhile, with Poch at Spurs, him bottling it in the league and CL doesn't show anything. Him going out of two cups comps in 3 days don't show anything. His shit attitude also doesn't prove anything. He built a squad, and a stadium and has really cute chubby cheeks. He's our man, man.

red thru&thru

If you’re the board, and you have the option of either winning the FA cup and finish 5th or out of the FA cup and finish 4th, you take 4th.

Poch has a crazy amount of injuries, all to his key players. He has Eriksen who has played loads of games and could be running low fuel, so why risk him in a game and a ground, where he could pick up an injury and compound things anymore? I feel sorry for Pochettino, he just not got the resources of the likes of United, Lfc, City and Chelsea.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

I have voted Poch but I just hope Solskjaer does well till the end of the season and gets the full time role. I am becoming increasingly worried about Pochettinos defeatist mentality. I am one of the people whos really not bothered about what a manager has won prior to us hiring them but he just keeps failing and failing and I'm not sure that would work out here. I know they have problems with injuries and an owner who refuses to spend but still..

With that said, for now my main choices are still Poch, Solskjaer or Zidane.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not. By you're illogical response, I will assume that you are. :smirk:

DBT85

Ole crests over 25% of the vote! Poch down to 45% and Zizou a distant 3rd with 8%.

Maybe playing and pumping Brexit FC on Tuesday will sway more minds.

RedTiger

Half mast
You don't understand. Ole who has only managed our reserves, Molde and Cardiff, need to win PSG, Liverpool and City, pull out a miracle out of his ass to claim us a top 4 spot and win the FA Cup to be considered as an option. Meanwhile, with Poch at Spurs, him bottling it in the league and CL doesn't show anything. Him going out of two cups comps in 3 days don't show anything. His shit attitude also doesn't prove anything. He built a squad, and a stadium and has really cute chubby cheeks. He's our man, man.
Dont forget the quality haircut.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So we're waiting to see what happens when Ole loses a match , which he will at some point.

So let's see what happens when Poch loses his fourth home game in the league - to us

He just scrapes through against Fulham and loses two cup matches on the trot to rule out any chance of winning anything again this season.

There is only one obvious candidate and it is not Poch.

Masskh

I wonder if ole wins UCL Poch obsessed would change their votes or not!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.