[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If we continue showing improvement, I believe the club will make their decision in March on Ole, though I don't believe they would announce it until the end of the season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should be Ole at this point, even if we lose to PSG we're looking like a new team and think it may be hard for the players who clearly love Ole to then switch again next season.

Keep Ole, get a DoF in and were set for years.
Yeah, it would be good to have some stability. More upheaval doesn't sound like a good idea.

steeeb

I see no reason to not give it Ole if we keep improving.

Then given a full year if it doesn't work out then we know. Poch etc will still be around.

We need a DoF though with a similar mindset and planning - and if even like Ole to get a defence coach on board with the staff to improve in that area also.

Camilo

Need to see how he gets on for the rest of the season.. But if he keeps things moving forward and develops us into more of a machine (and I have to say, first 15 minutes or so yesterday when we didn't really have a touch I was thinking "this is a game Jose (or rather, prime Jose) would've had us drilled into the ground for - I wish we had a bit more of that right now") it becomes riskier to not get Ole in permanently.

Poch is always going to be an option, even if it's in 18 or 30 months instead of 6. In fact, with the new Spurs stadium and the buzz that will create for them, getting him this summer would've/will been/be tough.

But it's far too soon to say for Ole. He hasn't been thumped, he hasn't had to come from behind, he hasn't had a tricky moment to contend with yet...which shows how good a job he's doing, but ultimately it's how you deal with hard moments that makes a manager great. See Jose.

crossy1686

career ending
Giving the job to Pochettino now represents more of a gamble than giving the job to Ole, if its no longer broken it doesn't need fixing!
A thousand times this. What's the point in bringing someone in to hope he does the same job your current manager does? fecking bizarre logic on here sometimes.

ManuMou

My brain wants Poch, my heart wants Ole.

Usually I go with my brain but this time I'd go with my heart!

DBT85

One argument against waiting until the end of the year is that is takes away a lot of prep time for next season. Realistically, are we going to know much more at the end of the season than we know at the end of March?
No. I think maybe once the run of games is done that ends with City at home, they'll have seen all they need to see. That's March 16th.

Imagine if Ole continues to do really well, the fans love it and then they go and get Poch. People will go nuts.

Tiber

I changed from Pochettino to Ole.

Taking Poch down from 1,000 votes to 999. Hahaha!!!

Olé! Olé! Olé!
Cast down the tyrant!!!

Seriously though, a month ago I was convinced that Poch was the man of the job. But this has been by far the most I have enjoyed watching football since Fergie left, isn't that the most important thing?

Unless the wheels fall off dramatically I will find it virtually inpossible not to hope Ole gets the job.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sigh... This is like shopping for shoes, you can't decide and want both pairs.

KaushikR

I just voted for Ole. It will be a huge risk (even at this early stage) to ignore 8 wins in a row and give it to someone else when there are no guarantees.

DBT85

I vote we have a pole on whether to reset the pole with the dumb options removed. Do it again after the City match.

vanderpants

just changed my vote from Poch to Ole, seems a no brainer now, if we add 3 or 4 quality players in the summer i think we can aim for the top 3

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Changed my vote to Ole. Poch is as much of a risk imo and as long as Ole keeps his staff, I'm rather positive. But we should not announce anyone until we have a DoF and only at the end of the season

Tarrou

also changed from Poch to Ole

needs a new vote to take account how everyone feels after the last eight games though

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Manager/ management team : Don't fix what is no longer broken.

The back needs sorting, the midfield needs adding to, up front is nothing short of exciting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Id be delighted if Ole got a full time contract this weekend and ended all the uncertainty.

Was never super convinced Pochettino is the one anyway. Dont get me wrong, hes done a great job at Spurs but he doss have a pretty mediocre record in the truly big, clutch games. Who knows how good he'd be without Kane to lead the line for example? Sometimes it all comes together for managers at clubs, could be the case for him with Spurs, just suit each other really well. Not to mention how managing United is a different beast to Spurs.

The only 2 managers in world football who i would class as the truly top tier who anyone would love to have are Klopp and Pep. Both shown they can build sides to be successful playing brilliant football, both on multiple occasions. Everyone else has bigger question marks.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Changed my vote to Ole. Poch is as much of a risk imo and as long as Ole keeps his staff, I'm rather positive. But we should not announce anyone until we have a DoF and only at the end of the season
Why would DoF make a difference with this appointment? We have a team of United people in charge and they'll put their heart and soul into the job. They also seem pretty competent at the job.

I'm suspicious of the footballing fraternity bringing coach load of staff and giving their pals jobs giving little regard for the clubs.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Still too early to make a final decision on this, I really hope we let the season run it's full course before we maybe give any long term job offers to Ole.

crossy1686

career ending
Why would DoF make a difference with this appointment? We have a team of United people in charge and they'll put their heart and soul into the job. They also seem pretty competent at the job.

I'm suspicious of the footballing fraternity bringing coach load of staff and giving their pals jobs giving little regard for the clubs.

This has shafted us every new appointment so far. We'd be daft to let it happen again.

Minimalist

Unless something dramatic happens (on the downturn), I really think Ole should be kept on. The issue is more about getting a DoF in place to work on transfers and build the squad up properly in the coming seasons.

Said it many times now but I would honestly rather go for Zidane if we insist on starting fresh again.

crossy1686

career ending
Unless something dramatic happens (on the downturn), I really think Ole should be kept on. The issue is more about getting a DoF in place to work on transfers and build the squad up properly in the coming seasons.

Said it many times now but I would honestly rather go for Zidane if we insist of starting fresh again.
I reckon Fergie is acting as stand in DOF. There's some very Ferguson decisions going on in the boardroom at the moment.

Rafaeldagold

I have to say I was 50/50 as I’d love Poch here but ole is showing he’s got a tactical brain too.

And something special about seeing him, Phelan & Carrick together in charge of our club- I think they’re doing enough to get a chance next year too

Reactions: Sultan

Tony247

Ask yourself
1. is the team winning?
2. are you enjoying football?
3. Are you excited enough that you can't wait for the next match?

if your answers are yes! yess!! hell yeh!!!
then why change?

remember, sometimes grass is greener only when it's not in your backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.