Post match v Scouse

Ole'sbodyguard

Harsh to blame the midfield two. Not watched the first half but watching the second half we had possession of the ball and the attackers had plenty of the ball. Disappointing thing for me is we created very little, the way we attacked as a team was very disappointing.

Team selection was odd and the lack of inclusion of Kagawa odd. Understandable against Chelsea but we were playing a team that finished seventh last season so we should have been more ambitious here. Not good enough all round including the manager today IMO.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool are starting to worry me, solid defensively and getting those crucial goals. What happens when Suarez returns? Thought Liverpool were the better team marginally 1st half, but then its hard to be worse than Uniteds first half. Second half United were the better team, the correct, paper result would have been a draw!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Tactically and technically poor all over the pitch. Carrick and Cleverley were simply outnumbered, Giggs and Young were generally awful. van Persie needs to be on the ball much more, and it's just not at the moment. We missed a Rooney or a Kagawa.

Positives: Valencia offered a different dimension as a full back. Evra was decent. De Gea is solid even when his senior defenders put him in the shit.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Harsh to blame the midfield two. Not watched the first half but watching the second half we had possession of the ball and the attackers had plenty of the ball. Disappointing thing for me is we created very little, the way we attacked as a team was very disappointing.

Team selection was odd and the lack of inclusion of Kagawa odd. Understandable against Chelsea but we were playing a team that finished seventh last season so we should have been more ambitious here. Not good enough all round including the manager today IMO.
Definitely bottled the match selection IMO.

Dropping Valencia who had a good game against Chelsea was idiotic. Liverpool looked very, very average.

Still two point behind City and three points behind Chelsea inspite of having a much tougher fixtures.

wonnie

Lacked someone who could create chances for us in the final third. Giggs could've provided it, funnily enough, if he came off the bench I think. Was doing too much donkey work in the first half, and in a high tempo game you can't afford one player who isn't going to run around 100%.

We badly missed Rooney/Kagawa today... there was no one in the hole. And never looked like scoring.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Much improved second half performance, but I can't remember 1 good chance we created? Maybe RvP's a attempt late on, but that was a half chance.

Cleverley- ATM doesn't offer near enough to be first choice. He's too much of a safe player IMO. We need a CM.

Our wingers- why does Giggs seemingly start EVERY match? Is it simply a lack of options ATM? He shouldn't be a first XI player, otherwise we should go out of our way to sign Ozil/di Maria. Welbeck offers little on the wing which is still about double what Young offered.

Encouraging but need "cutting" edge, desperately.

Marriner - did we get any 50/50's from him today? Summarized by Evra being wiped out by a trio of Scouse (Hendrson, Lucas, Johnson) on the edge of the box. No foul. Deluded.

Valencia- best player on the pitch.

Ole'sbodyguard

Sorry to sound like a cnut but I don't think it was an awful, horrendous performance by us. It was better than the usual Anfield performance. For all the talk of Liverpool deserving to win the match, they created feck all too.

They did not need to create much as they had an early lead. Their early goal just meant they could defend and counter. We were so disappointing attacking the fact they did not counter cohesively did not cause them much concern. I don't think it was a better performance than normal as we usually create chances and have a spell when we hem them in. Not really like that today, they just get on giving up possession while we attacked and created nothing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Poor performance against an average Liverpool side.

Van Persie was poorly served by the other attacking players Moyes started with. Giggs was shockingly bad, Young was equally bad and Welbeck simply didn't play as a striker whenever Van Persie ran the channels he didn't make any effort to get into the box and at times he didn't look like he wanted the responsibility of having the ball fall to him in the box. People will complain about our midfield, which wasn't great, but we play through our widemen and our midfield did get the ball to them they simply didn't use it. Javier Hernandez, whose weakness is supposedly in the build up, created more chances for Van Persie than any of Young, Giggs or Welbeck. What does that tell you?

If we are going to play through our wingers then we cannot start with the wide 2 we had today. Neither had any variation, invention, or composure. Nani showed what we've come to expect from a United winger. He beat players, he took men on, he switched it up going outside and inside and taking shots. The pedestrian, predictable and poor play from Giggs and Young gave the Liverpool defence nothing to worry about. I'm sure the Liverpool full backs were able to know exactly what they were going to do before they did it. Nani offered a totally different challenge and had he had more time to influence the game we would've done better.

On Hernandez, why didn't he start? If we're gonna play 4-2-3-1 I can understand not playing him but we went straight 4-4-2. Van Persie and Hernandez looked much better than Van Persie and Welbeck by far and Hernandez is more dangerous in the box. Had Chico come on at half time we would've got something from the game. He was giving people options to pass to that simply weren't there before as Red Nev noted in the commentary and the Liverpool defence were being opened up and stretched by him. After such a sparkling end to last season with his brilliant performance at West Brom it would've been a no brainer to start him.

Castia

Also a big feck off to that idiot who has stripped off RVP of his set plays duties.
Yup this. I thought they were trying something new at first but after 85 minutes, 8 corners and numerous shit set pieces i couldn't believe he still wasn't on them.

kps88

The worrying thing for me is this was pretty much identical to the Chelsea game. Neither Chelsea or Liverpool pressed us too much or dominated midfield. They just decided to sit back and we had no answer.

psychdelicblues

The entire midfield was beyond shit. We lost it with a selection of Giggs and Young, who were both absolutely terrible. Cleverley equally as bad and Carrick wasn't good either, then further reduced his effectiveness by Marriner's shit refereeing.

Of any United player who stepped on the pitch today, only Hernandez and De Gea can be proud of their contributions, really.
Did you actually watch the game? Trying to blame bad performances on deserved bookings? Clueless.

pjaya

give him at least 10 more games, if we continue to lose then he got to go:)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
feck off! Some people need to get their heads out of that kids arse, the more and more I see of him (along with countless reds I watch the games with) the worse he gets, today he proved it again. Not a big game player in the slightest, went missing against Chelsea and was dire today, can he never make a pass... or is it just the fact he gets the ball stuck in his bambi feet all the time to stop him from making one. Had his one good game against Madrid and will forever have that supporting him from some of you lot.

It worries me that Cleverley & Welbeck are apparently two of our best youth products to break into the first team, neither should start for me and how the get into the England side just explains why I couldn't give two shits about our national side either.
The kid is class no doubt about it. Didn't see the Chelsea game so can't comment but he was everywhere today. I struggle to see where you are coming from. Yes he loses the ball sometimes but he is also a forward that creates plenty. His finishing is his one weakness at the moment not his "bambi feet"

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Oh, I'm definitely glad this fixture is out of the way now. Absolutely horrendous place to go.

Not getting a point hurts because Liverpool were equally as bad/good imo. We had one more mistake in us today than they did and that decided the game.

wonnie

The worrying thing for me is this was pretty much identical to the Chelsea game. Neither Chelsea or Liverpool pressed us too much or dominated midfield. They just decided to sit back and we had no answer.
I thought Liverpool pressed us a lot today, certainly more than Chelsea. We just had no composure in the final third (like in the Chelsea game). And it was this week because of no Rooney.

Varun

Staff
Also a big feck off to that idiot who has stripped off RVP of his set plays duties.

And that. It was incredible. It was as if we'd decided we were too good at it last season so needed to balance it out.

Moriarty

Why on earth can't we just sign a decent midfield player. I'm just waiting for Paul Scholes to come back out of retirement.
We were crying out for a good midfielder/link player today. Cleverley went AWOL in the second half and right at the death, when we had the makings of a promising counter attack, he gives the ball away and sets Liverpool up for the one shooting chance of the second half.

Robbie Boy

Lack of creativity is killing us. Teams look far too comfortable when we have the ball as they know we lack that creative spark.

Varun

Staff
Sorry to sound like a cnut but I don't think it was an awful, horrendous performance by us. It was better than the usual Anfield performance. For all the talk of Liverpool deserving to win the match, they created feck all too.

The 1st half was shit on a stick. The 2nd half was good without creating anything. A draw would have been a fair result but cant blame Pool for taking their chance when we didnt.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.
"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.
"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.
"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.
"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

LR7

We were shit in the final third again and most of our build up play is walking pace.
This is the biggest problem, we give teams so much time to get organised behind the ball.

DFreshKing

I'm not one to moan, but we have had a really poor start to the season regardless of results.

Tough to lose SAF obviously but lost Gill too and most of the backroom staff.

Couple that with the shambolic Rooney PR situation and the public failure to bring players in and it feels like bad start for Moyes.

My biggest gripe though - and i am not to sure who is at fault is the failure to get our best players ready for the start of the season. Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, Rafael, not ready when we need a solid start with a challanging set of opening fixtures.

Very early season no need to panic, but not the best introduction when the pressure is on.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.
"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.
"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."
Troll Dave :lol:

Hannibal

Decent Anfield performance....
We were horrible in the first half but we played some decent football in the 2nd half. Ryan Giggs should stay away from the team though.

We should be fine - the fixtures haven't been kind to us - 2 away games in 3 and the home game was against a title favourite. This season would pan out like 08/09 season - let's hope we don't drift too far from the league leaders(Liverpool) by the time we get our groove on!

RonaldoVII

Not signing anyone then...

F-Red

Another Anfield game where by we weren't clinical in the final third.

It's nothing new & just a bad day at the office. We'll move on and get on with it.

Mister Ed

No creativity, no fighting mentality, complete lack of urgency

Nothing dangerous about this team, everything is weak and slow and unprecise.

This Liverpool was far from good, with Fergie and the United mentality he could instill in our players we would have always won against them. But with Moyes, we just look like a diffrent side. Can't create anything upfront... Don't know who was more annoying to watch, Young, Giggs, Cleverly... Shit team, with a shit performance !

We'll probably bring no one in aswell.... We'r gone have one of the most shit years ever with this team !

There is absolutely nothing promosing about this team !

Shit corners, shit free kicks, slow play, always backpassing to Ferdinand or DDG hoping the creativity is going to come from them.... We lose so many fecking balls....

Chelsea and Liverpool were very very very far from good in those games. Yet we could hardly create a chance against them. It is going to be the same old story, hoping that Nani, Young, Valencia could come back on their level and hoping that Anderson and Cleverly will do the job in the midfield. No additions have been made, no problems have been solved, there is nothing new and fresh and exciting about this team. The only thing is we have downgraded our manager, so now we don't even know anymore how to win games by fighting for it !

We'll win shit with this team. I think we'll struggle for third spot, i think we won't even get passed the group stage in the CL and i think our image of a big important club is going to be ravaged this year ! Not looking forward to anything from this Club this year !

lilcurt

To try an lighten the mood a bit (hard as it is) I've just realised that we have the same amount of points from the same 3 fixtures last season...

Revan

Assumptionman
Shit line up, shit performance, shit game and shit result.

Very much like last year, except that Liverpool didn't have a mad sent off this time.

Anyway, Carrick and Rio surprisingly were awful. Giggs, Young and Cleverley unsurprisingly were awful. Welbeck continued being even more frustrating than an off form Nani. RVP was completely isolated.

Everything from the beginning to the end was bad for us. The only bright point in the game was the good shot from Nani. In fact that and the RVP chance after Chicha's pass were the only time we were close to score in the last 2 matches and even those weren't 100% chances.

gregwar

predictably shit and completely uninspiring. i can't remember the last time we turned up at anfield and didn't put in a shithouse performance, or one of any creativity.

van persie completely isolated up front, flanked by giggs on the right :wenger: and ashley fecking young/welbeck (haven't worked that one out yet). where was kagawa, injured?

i just hope this shows how much we're in dire need of creativity in the middle. carrick can't do it all on his own, and yeah, he has time to improve, but cleverley is just painfully average. that said though, the club has had months to sort it out, and instead they've fecked about putting laughable bids in for players we've a slim chance of signing anyway. and the closest they've come is fellaini.

it's frustrating as feck because liverpool are just ordinary. not once did i think they would score a second.

jem

They won their yearly cup final.

We deserved a draw. Jammy fecking goal that they hung on to from the 3rd minute.

They're such a horrible bunch of cnuts. Now they think they're gonna win the league. They need a good beating back into reality.
Posts like this just end up depressing me even more. Who gives a feck if it's like a cup final for them. We need to be winning games like this.

Moriarty

What? 3 games in and this is the best you've seen? Oh, and thanks for that last line Dave. We've been expecting it.

MDFC Manager

We're not signing anyone by the looks of that.

kps88

How funny was it seeing Sterling bouncing off Valencia.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Poor performance today. The central midfield and wingers in particular were very poor today. Carrick and Cleverley got plenty of the ball but just weren't creating enough with it. Liverpool did apply more pressure than Chelsea, but it was hardly an incredible amount of pressure, yet they still hardly created anything. Way too held back and tentative.

Young was terrible today. Continually lost the ball whenever it was given to him in a dangerous position. Giggs doesn't have the pace to be starting out wide in away games against some of the bigger sides in the league.

Van Persie and Welbeck had similar performances to Monday. Van Persie was isolated because the midfield weren't creating anywhere near enough for him. When compared to Rooney against Chelsea in the attacking mid role who was dropping back, creating a lot and picking up the ball to try and create chances, I don't think Welbeck offered enough either and was fairly quiet.

Anyway, not the end of the world as we're never generally very good at Anfield, but still a disappointing defeat nevertheless and a poor performance from us.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Have to look at the result constructively. These results hurt but if we learn from it, it's not such a bad thing. (Well, it's a very bad thing, but you know what I mean).