Post match v Scouse

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Horrendous performance.

Last two games have been winnable but our lack of creativity and urgency is very worrying.

Our passing at times is quite shocking and we seem clueless in the last 3rd. Giggs should not be starting, Young shouldn't even be at the club and Cleverley is not the answer in midfield

Mad Winger

Crap game from both sides, but we were clearly the better team for at least 60 minutes of the game, if not more. We also created the bigger chances. What we lack is an offensive playmaker who can keep his cool in the attacking third. We have this player in Kagawa, but he's not match fit yet, so we have no choice but to wait. We're just not clinical enough to keep this game up. That's 2 games in a row where we've been the superior team without scoring. Something needs to be done.

But still: to be the better side and only barely lose against an in-form Liverpool on Anfield, without using Rooney, Kagawa and Rafael... Things could obviously have been much, much worse.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
They won their yearly cup final.

We deserved a draw. Jammy fecking goal that they hung on to from the 3rd minute.

They're such a horrible bunch of cnuts. Now they think they're gonna win the league. They need a good beating back into reality.

Ludens the Red

Expected with the line up. I can't be arsed to moan anymore about Giggs and Young. Notice how when Valencia and Nani came on, there was a little bit more room and neither were particularly great, Nani looked rusty but he fecking moved, he carried the ball, he didn't just stand around with ape like arms looking gormless. Didnt try any hollywood obviously stupid balls, Young and Giggs literally wasted 60 minutes of this match.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Honestly I think Moyes lineup lost us the match. Liverpool were very average, we had control in the second half but lacked creativity.

We looked a much better than side when we had Tony, Nani and Chicha in the match. 2 midfield additions are needed.

The funny thing is this was a better performance than what we've given at Anfield in the last three-four years, which doesn't say much.

Woodzy

That was really bad. The annoying thing is though we were still better than them.

Get those signings in.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The entire midfield was beyond shit. We lost it with a selection of Giggs and Young, who were both absolutely terrible. Cleverley equally as bad and Carrick wasn't good either, then further reduced his effectiveness by Marriner's shit refereeing.

Of any United player who stepped on the pitch today, only Hernandez and De Gea can be proud of their contributions, really.
I thought Rio,Valencia, Evra, and Welbeck were good as well. No positives come from losing to those bastards but maybe Moyes will buy someone before the deadline after seeing Cleverley today.

SER19

Got what was deserved and expected.

Set up cautiously again, fail to turn up at anfield again and the magnitude of what is so clearly missing from our line up is staggering. Awful passing, awful touches and the only reason it looked decent at times is because we were up against a very poor team. nobody in that liverpool team would be starting or anywhere the very top clubs. Need a long hard look at the way we play football because for about 24 months now its been very conservative and very poor..

KM

Also a big feck off to that idiot who has stripped off RVP of his set plays duties.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Probably there will be eulogies written about the seminal moment when Liverpool beat Manchester United to go the top of the table, announcing the intentions symbolically. feck off you cnuts, it's our annual loss at Anfield and only 3 points lost.

Spoils my labour day weekend, but we'll surely come around.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Anybody know what was up with Kagawa? Really think we could have done with him today.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Played Ok. Dominated possession. But we lack creativity. Especially in central areas.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Moyes has got to go to the shops, his wife just called and they've run out of milk.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I think my 7 aside team passes better than we did today. That reminded me of the 4-1 loss to Middleborough back in the day...

Flying Fox

Midfield. feckin' sort it out you pack of shitc**ts.

I know Fellaini's not everyone's cup of tea, but having some mongrel in the middle of the park would do us wonders.

Ludens the Red

The entire midfield was beyond shit. We lost it with a selection of Giggs and Young, who were both absolutely terrible. Cleverley equally as bad and Carrick wasn't good either, then further reduced his effectiveness by Marriner's shit refereeing.

Of any United player who stepped on the pitch today, only Hernandez and De Gea can be proud of their contributions, really.
Carrick and Cleverley suffered because of the utter shitness from Giggs and Young. Carrick and Cleverley were noticeably better once Young and Giggs went off.
Giggs manages to drift inside over and over again yet still not show any reasonable support for Carrick and Clevs, as for Young, it's like he was given a 12 yard zone and was told under no circumstance was he allowed to leave it, unless it was to take a shit corner.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Giggs on the right with Valencia and Nani on the bench?
No wonder Moyes never won at Anfield.
Line up
was.........embarrassing.
I don't get how there can be complaints that Nani didn't start. He wasn't fit/sharp enough for that. I'm glad he's back, but he definitely wasn't ready for a starting role.

kps88

Also a big feck off to that idiot who has stripped off RVP of his set plays duties.

Yes! All our corners turned to shit again. He actually went to take a set piece out on the right and Nani sent him back.

I bet it was the cliched "we need our best goalscorer in the box".

Rossa

Disappointed with the result, but we played far from poor. United were superior to Liverpool, no doubt, but Liverpool were lucky not to concede and to score so easily. Young is ever so slightly a bit rubbish.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Shocking performance. No idea what Moyes was doing with that massively uninspiring team selection. Young was predictably woeful and we all know Giggs shouldn't be starting these games. Liverpool were OK but we've now created one clear chance in 180 minutes of football.

Steven Seagull

Losing to that shower isn't good enough. They were fecking wank and they're top of the league.

It is absolutely absurd that we are going to go into another season with the quality of midfielders we have and i'm Including wide players in that.

Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Valencia, Giggs. It's just not good enough for us, not by a long shot.

Comsmit

Liverpool looked completely comfortable, even at 1-0. Negative line-up, conservative passing and a distinct lack of cutting edge when we don't have acres of space (Swansea away).

If Moyes and the players wanted to make a statement they failed big time.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Both teams were shit. We were the shittiest. Really expected a red with the way ref was handing out yellows. Felt he was harsh on us but it didn't matter in the end. Gerrard is a twat but we all knew that.

Good things... Welbeck is getting more and more creative around the box. Looking forward to seeing this becoming productive in the way of clear chances. Hernandez looked good coming on and Nani was decent.

gaz1185

I thought Rio,Valencia, Evra, and Welbeck were good as well. No positives come from losing to those bastards but maybe Moyes will buy someone before the deadline after seeing Cleverley today.
feck off! Some people need to get their heads out of that kids arse, the more and more I see of him (along with countless reds I watch the games with) the worse he gets, today he proved it again. Not a big game player in the slightest, went missing against Chelsea and was dire today, can he never make a pass... or is it just the fact he gets the ball stuck in his bambi feet all the time to stop him from making one. Had his one good game against Madrid and will forever have that supporting him from some of you lot.

It worries me that Cleverley & Welbeck are apparently two of our best youth products to break into the first team, neither should start for me and how the get into the England side just explains why I couldn't give two shits about our national side either.

psychdelicblues

A lot of United's weaknesses' really came to a fore in this game especially in the first half. Lack of tempo, lack of movement and lack of creativity in midfield and wide areas. This team cannot handle teams that press the ball well, and the goal that was conceded was because of that. Giggs
should never been starting games like these.

Devil may care

They pressed us in midfield and as usual we struggled because we have no pace or power in there to combat it, but also worrying is how utterly void of ideas we are in attack, we don't play inside forwards so it's all basically shuttling down the side and hoping to get a cross in.

Liverpool weren't up to much on the ball themselves, pretty shit game, thought Hernandez injection might have gotten us a goal and a point but it wasn't to be.

adamwest

Well, it's all uphill from here right ? We were toothless the entire game.

wr8_utd

:'(
What did I learn from the match? I'd love to see Giggs not start any game that's even half important. Welbeck's hesitation and lack of shooting or decision making in the box is bewildering. Nani coming back was a big positive! And, we missed Rooney.

Cina

It proved we need to buy at least one creative midfielder, really. I hope we get Herrera.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Not a terrible performance. But we really missed Rooney. And a matchfit Nani.
But it's clear we need some fresh blood to shake things up a bit. I don't really care who right now. Just a new name in the mix to make it clear to the players that things are moving forward. We can't expect magic from RVP to get us out of jail every week as he did last year.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Moyes... he's struggling to settle in, he doesn't want to lose more than anything it seems at the minute, half the way through the season I expect more from him and to try new things, he seems worried to go away from the norm, most of his games have been pretty much the same starters and formation from what I remember (not much so may be wrong). Also his Anfield jinx is a twat.

Jones just doesn't cut it at RB, he's not great defending there, and offers nothing going forward, we massively improved as soon as Valencia came on.

Rio made a mistake on the corner, but he did well the rest of the match, as did Vidic and Evra. Nothingo say really.

Valencia should start at RB if we're not going to give Fabio a chance till Rafael is back.

Ashley Young against decent opposition just doesn't work, he can't handle the pressure on him imo, he's alright against mid table sides though (yeah I know Liverpool belong mid table but they have that big team reputation). Cost us the game, really pissed off with him atm. Kneejerk reaction I know.

Giggs - Cleverley - Carrick, all three had poor games today, Giggs was playing on the right? Worst decision ever tbh, he offered nothing for 95% of the game, Cleverley only once showed a bit of passion (when Liverpool didn't kick the ball out when someone was down). Carrick just wasn't firing today, had an off day, but Liverpool did well pressuring him.

RVP was isolated today which made him invisible pretty much, nothing was getting to him till we introduced Nani, and then Hernandez, once we had those 2, we created more chances, and our play looked much better, both looked rusty, but that'll be gone in a week or 2 hopefully (Do they have internationals?).

All in all, it was a bit of a shit performance from us, we didn't play to win 50/50's for the first 60 minutes, Liverpool were fired up and first to every ball. We looked lethargic for some reason.

It's not the end of the world, we'll recover. Don't know why Kagawa wasn't played, but there must be a reason. We've just got to remember not to jump the gun and moan about Moyes. Remember, Fergie didn't have the greatest start. If Rooney was fit it would have been a whole different game, but without him starting today, there was no real link between midfield and attack. Was a poor selection from Moyes, but he will learn. I'd say give Anderson a chance over Cleverley.

Welbeck, nearly forgot about him, he didn't appear much to me, did a few things, got more frustrated than anything else.

Not overly happy today, not overly depressed (well apart from international break ffs).

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We looked better when Giggs left the pitch. I feel like a cnut slagging him, because he's Ryan Giggs! But, he's not a threat. A decent passer, but he doesn't inject threat. When you've got Welbeck and Young in the front 4, you need a dangerous player as well. Should have been Kagawa or Nani, maybe even Hernandez with RVP behind. They were always going to press high and raise their game. They always do against us. We didn't look like we wanted to really go for it until the 70th minute or so.

Carrick is desperate for a more dynamic partner than the utterly unremarkable Cleverley.

Don't fix what isn't broken. RVP takes the best set pieces. Our best delivery came in on the 85th minute after shite corners and free kicks when RVP finally took a free kick. He was a huge reason behind our success last season, for more than just goals.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We dominated the second half and the first was 50-50. The last few years we have been outplayed badly at Anfield.

Just couldn't get that goal for the draw which would have been the fair result.

Our lack of cutting edge is worrying.

Aporkalypse

Seen that sort of performance plenty of times at Anfield.

Does anyone honestly believe Kagawa would have made a difference?

KM

Sorry to sound like a cnut but I don't think it was an awful, horrendous performance by us. It was better than the usual Anfield performance. For all the talk of Liverpool deserving to win the match, they created feck all too.